PDA

View Full Version : Chain Quests (from 1404) are a must-have for me!

AgmasGold
09-08-2017, 12:18 AM
I really hope that chain quests are included in Anno 1800.

I have played 1701, 1404, 2070 for hundreds of hours a piece, and have played 2205 extensively as well. For me, monuments, and an end game goal are the main things that make the anno games. Another major factor, and the reason as to why I prefer 1404 over 2070 (and the other eras) is due to the chain questlines in 1404.

I can remember playing 1404 for hours, waiting for a chain quest, and wondering what reward I was going to end up receiving at the end of it. Eventually after mainy games you end up recieving something very powerful, and it is this feeling that is lost in 2205 (and 1701 to some aspect). I also prefer the 1404 and 2070 achievements system, as I think it gives more solid goals to aim for, as opposed to the achievement system in 2205 - "complete xyz - at easy, medium, hard, veteran".

Although I realise chain quests would probably be frustrating for some, the anticipation of reward is what really hooked me and lead to some of my best and most enjoyable moments (outside of the obvious completion of a monument).

I'd welcome comments about how other people feel about chain quests - and whether or not you believe if they are generally a good thing.

stylisticsagi
01-07-2018, 09:09 PM
Old one But i defenitly love this one!
Chain quests added alot of difficulty.
I think if you make chain questing more basic questing with each completion a larger reward (and starting with quite a crappy reward) It would add a whole new difficulty dimension.

AgmasGold
01-07-2018, 10:32 PM
I think this was my first post of the forums, this one is old...