PDA

View Full Version : Game Crashes in single player

Sencored
09-07-2017, 10:36 PM
Anytime I try to play Lone Wolf T-Hunt or a Situation, my game let's me select an operator, then crashes. If I wait long enough, it will crash before I even select an operator. When I do pick one, their face is not on the card with their name, and the game will try to load for a couple seconds and then crash. I'm sure it is the update, but is there a way to fix this?

UbiNellemose
09-08-2017, 06:19 AM
Please note that this workaround is for users that consistently crash at the same places in game or at the operator selection screen and are 100% blocked because of this since the patch.

Locate where the R6 sound data is located on your PC. Usually it is a location like follows on but it can vary based on the destination folder you selected.
UPlay PC: C:\Program Files (x86)\Ubisoft\Ubisoft Game Launcher\games\Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege\sounddata\pc
Steam: Steam\steamapps\common\Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege\sounddata\pc

Delete the content of this folder
Use the Verify files function from Uplay or Steam
The right files should get re-downloaded (Size varies between 4 to 8GB)
Start the game normally once the files have been reinstalled

Sencored
09-11-2017, 05:10 AM
Please note that this workaround is for users that consistently crash at the same places in game or at the operator selection screen and are 100% blocked because of this since the patch.

Locate where the R6 sound data is located on your PC. Usually it is a location like follows on but it can vary based on the destination folder you selected.
UPlay PC: C:\Program Files (x86)\Ubisoft\Ubisoft Game Launcher\games\Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege\sounddata\pc
Steam: Steam\steamapps\common\Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege\sounddata\pc

Delete the content of this folder
Use the Verify files function from Uplay or Steam
The right files should get re-downloaded (Size varies between 4 to 8GB)
Start the game normally once the files have been reinstalled

Thanks a bunch. This seems to have worked.