PDA

View Full Version : Time to nerf pk devs

A4einboy
09-07-2017, 05:39 PM
How is it fair for her to cancel one of the fastest zones in the game ? Enough is enough with you guys ignoring the console plyers youve spent 3 seasons based on there feed back wtf come on in order to be a good company you have to adress all the feed back on all platefourms what you guys are doing is not fair

Netcode_err_404
09-07-2017, 05:43 PM
Nerf is a strong word.

Even if I consider pk's the most boring and lame class after orochi and conq, we need to be honest here.

Trash designed classes like pk, orochi, conq, need a ****ing rework of their entire kit.

I bet a lot of pk's would love to have a functional kit to use, instead going light, cancel zone, heavy feint into light ad infinitum.

They should hire a competent class designer, thats all.

CandleInTheDark
09-07-2017, 05:48 PM
Community rep response to your post yesterday

Maybe next time also talk a little about your experiences, struggles, pain points playing against PK, etc. Or even some suggestions for nerfs. Anything. Help me out a bit and give me something to work with so I can pass it over to the team.

Also (emphasis mine)

Repeatedly posting the same post or topic in a forum, or across multiple forums, is considered spamming. Such posts will be locked, edited or removed. Intentional off topic or nonsense posting is also likely to be considered spam and will receive the same treatment, especially if this takes an existing thread off topic. This applies to both written text and image posting which also includes Meme's.

If you think of something else you want to add to the thread, please use the Edit button rather than making multiple posts in a row as this may also be seen as spamming, whether intentional or not.

TSCDescon
09-07-2017, 05:56 PM
Here's a good solution.

Go play PK.

A4einboy
09-07-2017, 05:56 PM
Dev response to your post yesterday

Also (emphasis mine)

ok but we just had a warriors den and he spoke nothing about it . they dont want us to spam threads but they make a game revovled around spam hahaha . they want an explination on what is the problem but weve been saying warlord is OP since realese and 7 months later they come up with a nerf . how about this pks lights interupt any move you do with any hero light attacks heaveys fakes her zone shouldnt be able to be canceld awwwwww come on this is getting old timesnap they said they would have someone show us what it did for the game this week but they didnt because in my opinion they realized with all the proof it made things faster and whats crazy is that pc players were the ones complianing about how fast the attacks have been since they removed timesnap but thats how fast attacks have been on console since luanch and thats why no one playes deuls or even deul ranked .why the **** do they only listen to pc compitive players

CandleInTheDark
09-07-2017, 06:23 PM
ok but we just had a warriors den and he spoke nothing about it .

You do realise that was a re-run of Monday,right? They said last week all they would be doing is a quick news of the week if there was any and playing the Pax video.

they dont want us to spam threads but they make a game revovled around spam hahaha .

Console players have posted, here and on reddit, that spam isn't an issue at high level. Don't get me wrong, I have been saying the spam needs dealing with from the beginning, but the people who are most vocal tend to assume that their problem is everyone's problem.

they want an explination on what is the problem but weve been saying warlord is OP since realese and 7 months later they come up with a nerf . how about this pks lights interupt any move you do with any hero light attacks heaveys fakes her zone shouldnt be able to be canceld awwwwww come on this is getting old

So you have complained about light spam then said you also want one of the alternatives to light spam taken away which has been pretty much the focus of most nerfs she has had. Flicker makes the zone broken in its current state,once that is gone then,as with a few others, zone, and cancelling zone, won't be as much of a problem.

timesnap they said they would have someone show us what it did for the game this week but they didnt because in my opinion they realized with all the proof it made things faster and whats crazy is that pc players were the ones complianing about how fast the attacks have been since they removed timesnap but thats how fast attacks have been on console since luanch and thats why no one playes deuls or even deul ranked .why the **** do they only listen to pc compitive players

You might need to start listening more carefully. They specifically said they wouldn't have an explanation this week but one was coming soon (which doesn't necessarily mean next week either,they said when they have time to put something together). Don't believe me? Have a quick link https://youtu.be/SQ3UU5U6SeU?t=1630 so um, nice conspiracy theory but no? And given I can always find an opponent in duel within like twenty seconds and have had a few tournaments, empirical data against the statement that no one duels in regular or ranked. Also this, the fact that they did a call out on the Den to someone who did a video showing the inconsistencies, and the fact that it is one of the things they are testing in the community workshop currently running shows they are not just ignoring it.

Nerf is a strong word. bet a lot of pk's would love to have a functional kit to use, instead going light, cancel zone, heavy feint into light ad infinitum.

Missed this earlier but yeah, I actually use every single thing except light-light and other than deflect and her heavy attacks (I manage to work a few in with deep gouge after, very occasionally heavy-heavy-deep gouge), everything I use has been nerfed. Meanwhile the people who gave my main her toxic reputation to begin with only had to add a feint to their game to get around their nerf (and I did say to someone in pm, I worry that as much as with other characters feinting would be considered good play, light-light-feint-light-light will become the new light spam, pretty much called it). I think if the parry reward is lessened, some of it becomes more viable but every nerf to something that isn't light spam makes it more likely that people who were not as invested in learning and using her kit will just go with lights. If I were less interested in the peacekeeper and hadn't chosen her because dual wield sword and dagger is my thing, I would either have moved to a new main or said screw it they want me to just use lights by now.

I am not complaining about the argument lights need dealing with, I said that back in March when other mains were shouting git gud, said it here and on reddit since, I dislike light spammers as much as if not more than people who don't use her, but I do think that at this point something needs giving back in way of reworking her because everything else has been nerfed before them.

Alustar.
09-07-2017, 10:38 PM
I think it's funny when I'm on munch PK and I lose, my friends are just like, "you should have spammed light, bro"

Also as a PK player I can say with confidence I don't rely on light hits to do anything more than set me up for a combined bleed.

UbiNoty
09-07-2017, 11:25 PM
How is it fair for her to cancel one of the fastest zones in the game ? Enough is enough with you guys ignoring the console plyers youve spent 3 seasons based on there feed back wtf come on in order to be a good company you have to adress all the feed back on all platefourms what you guys are doing is not fair

The devs know - and they're working on it. We've brought back complaints about PK and her light spam so many times. So you won't really get any new answers until we get some new updates unfortunately. We're not ignoring anyone, we just need time to work things out. So please, unless you're bringing something new to the table, try not to make similar posts too often or we'll have no choice but to enforce the forum rules. (http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1181761-Forum-Rules) Thanks!

DoctorMcBatman
09-08-2017, 05:58 PM
i've dabbled in PK, quite fun because it's a matter of abusing dodge bleeds and GB bleeds which is much more than Warden has right now.

You mean, it's a matter of using the moveset? That's not abuse.

Light spam is a bit abusive, canceling the zone repeatedly is a bit abusive. GB into triple stab and side-dodge into heavy/bleed (which does less damage than it used to) are key moves within the kit.

CandleInTheDark
09-08-2017, 06:12 PM

Light spam is a bit abusive, canceling the zone repeatedly is a bit abusive. GB into triple stab and side-dodge into heavy/bleed (which does less damage than it used to) are key moves within the kit.

Exactly this, though you still get abuse for it, I got hatemail because two rounds I let the bleed damage kill a guy because attacking when your opponent is going to die anyway has you breaking even at best (he can't get any deader) and gives the opponent a chance to kill you before the bleed clock ticks down.

DoctorMcBatman
09-08-2017, 07:27 PM
more like bleed spam, but if you think using cheese as a sword then that's your "opinion".

Then all I can tell you is: git gud, counter guard-break, and block the side step attack. Also, feint a lot to trick the PK into using side-dodge attack mistakenly. Big punish opportunity if you catch a PK doing that.

CandleInTheDark
09-08-2017, 07:31 PM
more like bleed spam, but if you think using cheese as a sword is "fun" or good then that's your "opinion".

Here is the thing though, everything that causes bleed needs good timing to pull off, whether it is because you baited a parry attempt for the light cancel, managed a guard break and all three stabs, landed a deflect or landed the deep gouge after landing a heavy (not the easiest thing to do unless it is a dodge attack used as a whiff punish). Each of those takes a whole lot more skill than pressing light over and over but basically we are at a point where spamming lights is cheese (which hey I agree with, I want people to stop being able to add to my main's toxic reputation with that) and actually using her kit is also seen as cheese, peacekeepers can't win whatever they do it seems. I mean what is left, throwing unchained heavies? (Which by the by I have managed with feints and still been called cheap). Not like that is expected of anyone else.

Jarl.Felix
09-08-2017, 07:55 PM
" Will you incompetent devs ever fix PK or we should all switch to "click click click win hero?" " This is the question we've asked sinced beta. But who cares,

Haplo_Bane
09-08-2017, 08:06 PM
A good trick with the PK(and Kensei for that matter) is when you side dodge attack,strike from the OPPOSITE side from which you dodge.Almost EVERYONE strikes the same side as they dodge. AND don't forget to use the light attack that follows. I rarely see people do that.

CandleInTheDark
09-08-2017, 08:10 PM
A good trick with the PK(and Kensei for that matter) is when you side dodge attack,strike from the OPPOSITE side from which you dodge.Almost EVERYONE strikes the same side as they dodge. AND don't forget to use the light attack that follows. I rarely see people do that.

Yeah one high level streamer ticked me off badly because most of his damage came from lights, the rest from forward dodge attacks he didn't take the extra damage on, like this guy has literally learned two things, doesn't confirm zero risk free damage and calls himself the goat in video titles. It is a big part of the reason I want my main's light spam dealt with.

Haplo_Bane
09-08-2017, 08:26 PM
Yea,I'm in Australia (Xbone) and the player base isn't big,but it isn't tiny.I only have problems getting a match after 2pm,but that's the same for all region locked games in OZ. Not a new thing. The point is there's very few people who don't know each other,and if you don't,you soon will. I've noticed this seems to dampen the whole spam/exploit stuff I read about. Only new players seem to spam,which I kinda think is ok. They're learning and freak out how much higher rep everyone is. Plus they are only two competitive teams at the mo,mine and the deluxx crew. We are friends and have verbally agreed not to use or teach any exploits.

D3dicatedSrv3rz
09-08-2017, 09:21 PM

PK has a flickered cancel-able area and fast lights. She also has among the slowest heavies and it among the most frail heroes to play. She doesn't need a nerf but a rework at best

Antonioj26
09-08-2017, 09:56 PM
PK has a flickered cancel-able area and fast lights. She also has among the slowest heavies and it among the most frail heroes to play. She doesn't need a nerf but a rework at best

Her heavies are not among the slowest. She's average with only 4 characters being faster than hers. It's silly to call her frail when most of the cast have her health pool or are within 5 points. It's pretty negligible with the way she can space you with her dodges and fast attacks. I agree I don't think she needs a nerf though, rework sure but not an outright nerf. They honestly just need to bring timesnap back and half of these peoples gripes will disappear.

Netcode_err_404
09-08-2017, 10:13 PM
Her heavies are not among the slowest. She's average with only 4 characters being faster than hers. It's silly to call her frail when most of the cast have her health pool or are within 5 points. It's pretty negligible with the way she can space you with her dodges and fast attacks. I agree I don't think she needs a nerf though, rework sure but not an outright nerf. They honestly just need to bring timesnap back and half of these peoples gripes will disappear.

All assassins have way too much HP.

If they want keep their fast attacks and agility, they cannot have just 10 hp less than a vanguard, for exaMPLE.

Antonioj26
09-08-2017, 10:22 PM

If they want keep their fast attacks and agility, they cannot have just 10 hp less than a vanguard, for exaMPLE.

I just think vanguards have too low of hp. It's pretty stupid that kenny only has 5 more hp. Get them to 140 and heavies to 160

Averageperson10
09-08-2017, 10:32 PM
trying playing Kensei or Warlord vs pk I feel they work the best or conquer because his full guard actually help with Assassin chasing and their dodge spam it forces them to close the gap to work on guard breaks and close range quick attacks instead of figure out how to avoid the parry from a distance or having them trying to close the gap because no one enjoys sitting there watching someone or being ganked ,it sucks playing vs pk in duels bc its all bleed and dodging and runnning

CandleInTheDark
09-08-2017, 10:40 PM

I just think vanguards have too low of hp. It's pretty stupid that kenny only has 5 more hp. Get them to 140 and heavies to 160

I think a mix of both in all honesty, lower assassins a little (not shinobi level, they still have to be close, but lower than currently) raise vanguards and heavies a little, that way it is not a huge buff or a huge nerf and I think there would be less need to later rebalance damages of attacks, but as part of a deeper rework.

My main opposition to a health decrease by itself in terms of the peacekeeper is the same as my position on nearly any other,by itself it makes light spam more likely than using a part of her kit, in this case, deflect, the risk of eating a heavy is something people at the lower end of the skill level with her would avoid all together in favour of standing in front of their opponent and flicking out lights to interrupt attacks. While it is very hard to screw up her dodge so completely as to get hit (honestly if I miss a deflect I usually dodge) like I said earlier there are people who win duels without being able to use even the basic parts of her kit outside of light and maybe forward dodge and making her kit less attractive without dealing with the bit everyone is complaining about is going to see more of what everyone is complaining about.

I can honestly say I dislike light spammers at least as much as if not more than most none peacekeeper players so hey I might be biased but that is the only place I can see where they would have to make their starting point to rein in what gives her such a toxic reputation. Mind you, at this point I would not complain too loudly at an over nerf if it got the light attack spammers, especially those streaming themselves light attack spamming, off my main and she was then buffed in other areas later.

trying playing Kensei or Warlord vs pk I feel they work the best or conquer because his full guard actually help with Assassin chasing and their dodge spam it forces them to close the gap to work on guard breaks and close range quick attacks instead of figure out how to avoid the parry from a distance or having them trying to close the gap because no one enjoys sitting there watching someone or being ganked ,it sucks playing vs pk in duels bc its all bleed and dodging and runnning

But again as I said in a previous post, bleed is actually her legitimate kit as is the fact that she is mobile (running I am with you on). At this point, standing and abusing lights is seen as cheap (it is, I agree) but every single other alternative (outside of what,unchained heavies? No one else is expected to do that) is also seen as cheap. I have had fights where I have had all four of her bleeds in one round, I would consider that as skilful play, they all take good timing to pull off and you don't pick that up consistently to the point you can do it at will without practice, seriously, go against a bot and try to do nothing but deflect, guardbreak stabs and deep gouge off of heavy dodge attacks or unchained heavies (I would also add the soft cancel light but you won't parry bait bots), it isn't a five second pick up and go like with her lights, which is most of the problem, her lights being so easy, but I will get as much fire for that as people who cheese her lights.

DoctorMcBatman
09-12-2017, 04:07 PM
why i don't play dark souls in a nutshell.

Same. :/

CandleInTheDark
09-12-2017, 04:35 PM
i'm assuming gladiator is balanced then even though i see a lot of people asking for a nerf to him, because he has bleed.

i didn't say anything about the gladiator and neither did you in the post I responded to. No idea if the gladiator is balanced or not, I know I rarely struggle but that is it, moving the goalposts does little for your argument.

Alustar.
09-12-2017, 04:40 PM
more like bleed spam, but if you think using cheese as a sword is "fun" or good then that's your "opinion".

lol since no k e else is going to say it, I will, you can't spam bleeds! Well, you -can- but they don't stack past a certain point, they only refresh.

I_Sash_I
09-12-2017, 04:53 PM
I agree I don't think she needs a nerf though, rework sure but not an outright nerf. They honestly just need to bring timesnap back and half of these peoples gripes will disappear.

rework=nerf.

:rolleyes:

Antonioj26
09-12-2017, 04:59 PM
:rolleyes:

In the context of your post it absolutely meant nerf.

CandleInTheDark
09-12-2017, 05:00 PM
lol since no k e else is going to say it, I will, you can't spam bleeds! Well, you -can- but they don't stack past a certain point, they only refresh.

In my defence, given people have talked about the bleed cap since very early on i thought it was obvious >.> But yeah that too.

I_Sash_I
09-12-2017, 05:01 PM
In the context of your post it absolutely meant nerf.
No.

CandleInTheDark
09-12-2017, 05:03 PM
i'm "moving the goalposts" by following your logic?

ok then.

We were talking about peacekeeper and I then gave examples from the peacekeeper kit, in a thread revolving around the peacekeeper.Where did you get gladiator from any of that? People can make one line out of context mean anything, or be deliberately obtuse, comes to the same effect.

Antonioj26
09-12-2017, 05:07 PM
No.

Yep, I told you the complaints were about the sweep and you said that it would need a rework, so a nerf. There's no way to rework sweep without out right nerfing it or buffing it. You can however nerf pks zone to 500ms and give her something else to help mix things up.

You can't rework an attack to keep it at the same level of viability but you can rework a character to keep it at the same level of viability.

I_Sash_I
09-12-2017, 05:08 PM

I_Sash_I
09-12-2017, 05:10 PM
Yep, I told you the complaints were about the sweep and you said that it would need a rework, so a nerf. There's no way to rework sweep without out right nerfing it or buffing it. You can however nerf pks zone to 500ms and give her something else to help mix things up.

You can't rework an attack to keep it at the same level of viability but you can rework a character to keep it at the same level of viability.
U were talking about the Valk. I was talking about the Cent.
You change the context only when it arranges u. I never talked about its sweep or anything else.

Antonioj26
09-12-2017, 05:13 PM
U were talking about the Valk. I was talking about the Cent.
You change the context only when it arranges u. I never talked about its sweep or anything else.

You said you would "rework" the sweep if the masses wanted it regardless of how manageable it is. The point of that whole conversation was to see if the masses word out weighs reason, and to you it does.

I_Sash_I
09-12-2017, 05:15 PM
You said you would "rework" the sweep if the masses wanted it regardless of how manageable it is. The point of that whole conversation was to see if the masses word out weighs reason, and to you it does.
I would have rework the class not the sweep in particular like the cent and like the PK.

Antonioj26
09-12-2017, 05:17 PM
I would have rework the class not the sweep in particular like the cent and like the PK.

But you would nerf the sweep in the process of reworking character and that's my point. You know that it's manageable but you'll nerf it anyway because that's what the masses want.

I_Sash_I
09-12-2017, 05:19 PM
But you would nerf the sweep in the process of reworking character and that's my point. You know that it's manageable but you'll nerf it anyway because that's what the masses want.
I precise you so I would have reworked the class without nerfing it. Is this enough clear for you ?

Antonioj26
09-12-2017, 05:27 PM
I precise you so I would have reworked the class without nerfing it. Is this enough clear for you ?

Just so I understand you correctly, you wouldn't nerf Valkyrie but keep her at the exact same level she is at (which in your own words is the worst character in the game). What good is that? The people complaining about her will still complain since she's not any weaker than she was before and the people who know she's the worst will just shake their head in bewilderment that you've wasted time and resources on keeping an already terrible character at the bottom.

You didn't appease the masses.
You didn't appease the valk players.
You didn't appease the people who acknowledge she's terrible.

I_Sash_I
09-12-2017, 05:28 PM
Just so I understand you correctly, you wouldn't nerf Valkyrie but keep her at the exact same level she is at (which in your own words is the worst character in the game). What good is that? The people complaining about her will still complain since she's not any weaker than she was before and the people who know she's the worst will just shake their head in bewilderment that you've wasted time and resources on keeping an already terrible character at the bottom.

You didn't appease the masses.
You didn't appease the valk players.
You didn't appease the people who acknowledge she's terrible.

That is what I said :

I agree I don't think she needs a nerf though, rework sure but not an outright nerf. They honestly just need to bring timesnap back and half of these peoples gripes will disappear.

lol

Antonioj26
09-12-2017, 05:36 PM
That is what I said :

lol

I know that's what you said, I'm pointing out how it was pointless and you've just wasted time and resources which in turn made the player base angrier.

Not sure what your point is with that second quote, it's not contradicting anything in saying.

DoctorMcBatman
09-12-2017, 05:37 PM
Guys, this discussion has devolved into semantics. I'm not a mod, but as a reader I'm asking you take it to PM or bring back substantive quality to this discussion.

I_Sash_I
09-12-2017, 05:40 PM
I know it's difficult for you well ... just sayin ...
Kiss

Antonioj26
09-12-2017, 05:42 PM
I know it's difficult for you well ... just sayin ...
Kiss

Yeah it's difficult to understand your point when you aren't making one in my quotes. Only point you've made thus far is do what the masses say whether it's sensible or not.

I_Sash_I
09-12-2017, 05:44 PM
Guys, this discussion has devolved into semantics. I'm not a mod, but as a reader I'm asking you take it to PM or bring back substantive quality to this discussion.
Sorry dude.I could not help but put her back in the face.

Let's talk about the need of the mass to see rework the PK.

He certainly plays Cent.

Antonioj26
09-12-2017, 05:45 PM
Sorry dude.I could not help but put her back in the face.

Let's talk about the need of the mass to see rework the PK.

Or just bring back timesnap

DoctorMcBatman
09-12-2017, 06:56 PM
you specifically said that doesn't just mean peacekeeper.

also i recently realized that berserker doesn't have a bleed in his kit yet he's an assassin, i find that pretty strange tbh.

But Zerk gets hyperarmor, which no other assassins have. And orochi doesn't have bleed at all unless a feat is used.

Antonioj26
09-12-2017, 07:19 PM
true, bleed just seems like a very assassin-esque thing imo.

Beserker seems less of an assassin and more of a Neo from The Matrix.

lol every post is better than the last, zerk is neo? Hahahaha you must be a troll

CandleInTheDark
09-12-2017, 07:33 PM
you specifically said

everything that causes bleed

that doesn't just mean peacekeeper.

Nice trick there, you took four words out of a sentence in response to a number of posts and turned it to mean what you want it to mean. So, here we go, going to post the whole chain of posts with the relevant bits bolded to make it clear just in case you are being accidentally obtuse as opposed to trolling.

Your original post

i've dabbled in PK, quite fun because it's a matter of abusing dodge bleeds and GB bleeds which is much more than Warden has right now.

DoctorMcBatman

Your post again

My post, which I specifically talk about different parts of the peacekeeper kit, italicising the small piece you used

Here is the thing though, everything that causes bleed needs good timing to pull off, whether it is because you baited a parry attempt for the light cancel, managed a guard break and all three stabs, landed a deflect or landed the deep gouge after landing a heavy (not the easiest thing to do unless it is a dodge attack used as a whiff punish). Each of those takes a whole lot more skill than pressing light over and over.

Notice that in what you quoted there was not the beginning or the end of a sentence, meaning that you plucked four words out of a sentence to put into an entirely different context. So again, tell me where any of this, in a thread specifically titled for the peacekeeper, do I talk about the gladiator or any bleed outside of the peacekeeper kit? Now I could maybe have said 'everything in the peacekeeper kit that causes bleed' to be more clear, but in a discussion about the peacekeeper in a thread made for the peacekeeper, I thought that was kind of obvious that was what we were talking about from the start.

Alustar.
09-12-2017, 08:38 PM
Nice trick there, you took four words out of a sentence in response to a number of posts and turned it to mean what you want it to mean. So, here we go, going to post the whole chain of posts with the relevant bits bolded to make it clear just in case you are being accidentally obtuse as opposed to trolling.

Your original post

DoctorMcBatman

Your post again

My post, which I specifically talk about different parts of the peacekeeper kit, italicising the small piece you used

Here is the thing though, everything that causes bleed needs good timing to pull off, whether it is because you baited a parry attempt for the light cancel, managed a guard break and all three stabs, landed a deflect or landed the deep gouge after landing a heavy (not the easiest thing to do unless it is a dodge attack used as a whiff punish). Each of those takes a whole lot more skill than pressing light over and over.

Notice that in what you quoted there was not the beginning or the end of a sentence, meaning that you plucked four words out of a sentence to put into an entirely different context. So again, tell me where any of this, in a thread specifically titled for the peacekeeper, do I talk about the gladiator or any bleed outside of the peacekeeper kit? Now I could maybe have said 'everything in the peacekeeper kit that causes bleed' to be more clear, but in a discussion about the peacekeeper in a thread made for the peacekeeper, I thought that was kind of obvious that was what we were talking about from the start.

Common sense; so rare it's a ******* superpower.