PDA

View Full Version : Centurion Summary

S.J.Lannister
09-07-2017, 12:44 PM
Hello,

We did have some Centurion rant rage threads. Community is quite divided about that Hero. More say that he needs to be balanced/fixed/nerfed due to his unfair punishment and infinite combo. Less said that it is easly manageable but it takes practice to do it.

I also agree that most of players are average. But I wonder, Ubisoft do you make games for average players or Top Players/Elitist/Un-noobs? :)

It is time to summarize all Centurion's threads and threats. I wish that moderators would clarify their statement once more on Centurion:

- Do you plan to balance/fix/nerf Centurion?

a) Yes
b) No
c) STFU

- How much data and time do you need?

a) A little bit more
b) So much more
c) STFU

- How can we help you except making another "Nerf Centurion, Centurion is OP, Delete Centurion" threads like?

a) Be patient
b) We will introduce changes on PTS soon so be patient
c) STFU

Let's make For Honor Great Again :)

Tyrjo
09-07-2017, 03:57 PM
Hello,

We did have some Centurion rant rage threads. Community is quite divided about that Hero.

The community is divided for sure. You have the Centurion mains in one corner and the rest of the player base in the other. :rolleyes:

CrunaCross
09-07-2017, 03:58 PM
The community is divided for sure. You have the Centurion mains in one corner and the rest of the player base in the other. :rolleyes:

^ THIS absolutely. I just wanted to say it, but I guess you were faster :D

kbvlcvfkhgc
09-07-2017, 04:18 PM
LOL?

"We need more data" will be etched in to the Tombstone of For Honor,

what is it with the Centurion and Ubisoft? they just simply and utterly refuse to listen to the player base and address this Centurion issue,

this Character is pure and utter Cancer, toxic like no other character in the game, its really no secret, no fringe opinion, post after post after post on this forum and many others crying out for something to be done about the Centurion, the Toxicity that this cheap *** character and the people who play him arouses is like no other, PK as much as she was despised in S1 doesn't even come close to the Toxic levels of the Centurion,

its a mystery to me, it really is?, the Nerf hammer falls regularly on all yet the most despised game breaking unfair character in the game gets a pass time after time after time, the same old condescending excuses from Ubiwank?

really what gives?

timur_the_boss
09-07-2017, 04:25 PM
he needs a nerf because he can combo you forever, without losing a inch worth of stamina, he crowd controls in 4 v 4, so meanwhile if he does lock on to you with the combo then theres too many opening for his team mate to just spam attack u till ur dead especially when your on the floor, and the stamina drain is complete cancer. Baffs me how ubisoft haven't nerfed him but nerfed warlord who was balanced.

Netcode_err_404
09-07-2017, 05:45 PM

I bet there are a few cent main that will agree on the nerf for the sake of balance.

TSCDescon
09-07-2017, 05:51 PM
Buff Centurion please.

HumoLoco
09-07-2017, 07:04 PM
Buff Centurion please.

Agreed. He has somehow lacked. :>

S.J.Lannister
09-07-2017, 07:56 PM
Buff Centurion please.

Sure,

His heavies are too slow and he has pretty weak kit. He has short cutscene combo and low parry-punish utilities. Also he should have wings to fly around to keep it up with Shinobi :)

Any other ideas? :)

High-Horse
09-07-2017, 08:13 PM
I also agree that most of players are average.

That's what average means.

I spent probably about 3 hrs a week 99 rounds with a level 3 Cent bot and eventually started to consistently read and beat them. Their punishes are extremely strong, but his mixups are pretty weak for a "mixup intensive" hero. Almost everything he does is followed by one predetermined action, so it's more about being calm and reacting properly to avoid the punishes, and then Cemt becomes highly punishable.

Again, the main problem is disproportionate punishes, but you have to let him punish you. Miss a parry/dodge on a charged heavy, get kicked and lighted and miss the CGB on quickgrab, miss a dodge from a Jab and get wallsplatted. Just practice, pay attention and the frustration will lessen.

Another problem is people unable to accept the fact that maybe, just a little part of the problem is themselves and that they lack the practice and focus to win. It's really easy to blame failures on external factors but no so easy to look at yourself as the problem.

UbiInsulin
09-07-2017, 08:31 PM
Hello,

We did have some Centurion rant rage threads. Community is quite divided about that Hero. More say that he needs to be balanced/fixed/nerfed due to his unfair punishment and infinite combo. Less said that it is easly manageable but it takes practice to do it.

I also agree that most of players are average. But I wonder, Ubisoft do you make games for average players or Top Players/Elitist/Un-noobs? :)

It is time to summarize all Centurion's threads and threats. I wish that moderators would clarify their statement once more on Centurion:

- Do you plan to balance/fix/nerf Centurion?

a) Yes
b) No
c) STFU

a) A little bit more
b) So much more
c) STFU

a) Be patient
b) We will introduce changes on PTS soon so be patient
c) STFU

Let's make For Honor Great Again :)

Hi SJ Lannister! I'm a big fan of this post format, it's easy to read. :)

In regards to balancing for different skill levels, Roman has specifically alluded to checking the Cent's W/L metrics across all different skill levels.

- Do you plan to balance/fix Centurion?
A. Yes, we have said repeatedly in recent Warrior's Dens that we're working on tweaking the Centurion. We've also alluded to the fact that we don't want to nerf him into irrelevance.

A. A little bit more, as we're clearly still working on these changes.

- How can we help you except making another "Nerf Centurion, Centurion is OP, Delete Centurion" threads like?
D (sorry for cheating). I don't have any information about future PTS phases, and I definitely won't ask players to be patient (or shut up) if they don't want to be. On a personal note, threads that tell people to "git gud" are not super fun to moderate, so I could do without those. :) We've been reading and passing along a loooot of feedback on the Cent, so at this point specific ideas for changes to the hero would probably be most helpful to us.

SplugeKing
09-07-2017, 08:31 PM
Timur already said it, his stamina needs a nerf. His movsets are by far and away the best in the game. Then on top of that, if the player is good at the core mechanics, parry feinting and max punishes... He's on a whole nother level. IMO better than gladiator. Yet ubi nerfs heroes that don't need it, won't buff heroes that do and won't nerf heroes that need it

S.J.Lannister
09-07-2017, 08:50 PM
Timur already said it, his stamina needs a nerf. His movsets are by far and away the best in the game. Then on top of that, if the player is good at the core mechanics, parry feinting and max punishes... He's on a whole nother level. IMO better than gladiator. Yet ubi nerfs heroes that don't need it, won't buff heroes that do and won't nerf heroes that need it

Oh I feel you. They've mentioned that they will fix Centurion. They didn't.

They didn't mention they will nerf Warlord, they did ;)