PDA

View Full Version : Any plans to give shugoki a gap closer ?

Tatsubak
09-07-2017, 06:19 AM
I'm kind of sick of not having any way to chase a back stepping foe when they're OOS or just fleeing as soon as the fight turns in my favor. Charge of the Oni is practically useless unless your foe is on a bridge. I'm just wondering if this is intended or you guys just forgot about shugoki.

So I have kind of a cool solution, how about change charge of the Oni to be kind of like the raider tackle but instead of picking them up and running; have shugoki pick them up and body slam them stunning them enough for a free unchanged heavy.

Gemoroda
09-07-2017, 06:23 AM
how about demons embrace? dash forward if he dashes backward and as soon as he turns to flee ... demons embrace his ***

Tatsubak
09-07-2017, 06:28 AM
90% people do a dodging roll when they start to flee and considering shugoki forward dash is like 2 feet I doubt it would be in range. But if you can make it work please do make a video and show me.

Gemoroda
09-07-2017, 06:32 AM
I actually haven't played him at all. I was just giving a suggestion. not 100% sure it would work :(

TSCDescon
09-07-2017, 06:41 AM
Nope.

Its been suggested by a lot of people, including me, ever since the nerf to his Oni Charge. The replies are always, "I'll suggest this to the team" or something along the line about "defensive meta changes". My speculation is that, he's unpopular/least played character even before his Oni Charge was nerf and because of that, the developers don't have enough "data" to buff him. Even Kensei is getting new moves and it was announced in the pax 2017 warriors den live stream which should already be posted on the forums.

Edit: To put it short, he's not getting any buffs, probably nerfs.

kweassa1
09-07-2017, 08:08 AM
Oni Charge - stop - ZA catches upto almost anything.

The only problem: Oni Charge and its godforsaken OVERKILL of a nerf in that the stamina regen is halted for like 3 seconds....

One of the reasons why I keep asking for them to just keep the Oni Charge the way it is ,but get rid of the stamregen block. There are a lot of fun and clever utilities for Oni Charge, but people would rather not use it because the negative impact on stamina is just godforsakenly high! :(