PDA

View Full Version : Warrior's Den September 7th (plus pax panel)

CandleInTheDark
09-06-2017, 11:20 PM
The baying of wolves echo and the winds of war sweep the land. So much rests on a knife edge, three armies vie for control. We are Warriors, this is our Den.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4zxXcSOmgjg

Patch 1.13 was released. Eric discussed a little of what is going on in the current community workshop. They have heard what people have been saying about the Warlord, that is one of the things they are talking to the people they have in about. They also are discussing the Centurion which is actively being worked on currently. Another big topic at the moment is time snap,one of the things they are focussing on is testing things that the devs have been working on in order to deal with that. The people at the community workshop are testing defensive meta fixes and the season four heroes and in relation to that,Eric brought up that people are talking a lot about well they have brought in new heroes and they work well, what about the old ones? The devs are actively looking at the old heroes and are figuring out ways of improving them, in some cases this might well mean new moves which take new motion captures and time. Eric said we won't want to miss next week's Den and he led into the recording of the pax panel.

---

We have an Eric, we have a Bio,we have a Roman, we have a Damian. We also have a live crowd (Oh no we don't! Just to get panto season approaching silliness out of the way).

The devs gave an overview of what they do individually.

Event Order this weekend, executions in brawl.

Champion Status half price sale is still going on, I am just now back to five figures after getting a year worth. Finishes 8am eastern when the title update hits.

Content of the week, Elite Outfits. The knights have one that is constellation based so stars and moon, the theme for vikings is creatures of the deep, samurai's is called coral reef. They all look fairly cool, 7k steel each.

Patch notes (Roman,when you are on a video that is 6 hours long maybe talk slower? >.< lol I had to do so much pausing and backward and forward for this)

Full block stance no longer has counter guardbreak available.

Warlord specific.

Counter slash damage has been increased to 30 from 25
Dodge recovery has been increased by 200 ms to the side 100 ms forward
Dodge forward into headbutt delayed to 300 ms
Shield crush stamina drain reduced to 20 from 40, heavy attack now follows shield crush for more mixup potential.
Side light damage decreased to 12 from 15, top light damage increased to 17, top heavy decreased to 25, side heavy decreased to 30.
Side light finisher increased to 15, top light finisher to 20, side heavy finisher to 35

Bug fixes

Centurion, quick throw can only be landed on a target hit with a light which takes away whiff to throw also.
Unlock on the highlander fixed
An entity Guard Broken by Valkyrie will now be immune to Guard Break which has always been true for everyone else.
Dominion quick fix on sanctuary bridge where player could not be pushed into the hole due to a new collision..
Ranked fixes, names of rewards for female heroes were not showing up, now fixed, fixed some achievements which were not unlocking. PC regarding afk that wasn't properly working has had some work done.

Some more small things on the page when it comes up.

People are moving more to the knights and more away from the vikings in terms of factions.

They did a trivia test with the audience and chat. They poked fun at the conspiracy theories.

Eric quizzed the rest of the panelists on bot, emote and execution names.

Q&A

Any plans for a kensei buff? Yes there are, the team is currently working on him, can't really say more yet. They teased new moves and animations since the number changing they did was not enough but that will take time.

They were asked how they feel about being just another great game in a year of them. They did a huge call out to the community which they value, they get a lot of love, some of it tough love. Also means they can play amazing games on top of theirs.

Faction war, are there any changes coming? They introduced war banner as a first step,they are working hard on how information is displayed. In the next month the focus is on giving tools so decisions are more meaningful, longer term they want to add more incentive. They are currently in the simulation phase with new rules in the faction war for the upcoming seasons (yes they said seasons plural). They specifically mentioned that they are aware the last turns in a round are more important than the rest and that is something they want to work on.

Viking village will not be playable in dominion

How many people on the team professionally fight? Apparently a lot, larping, blade combat,martial arts etc.

Someone asked if ranked mode on consoles was close...dude been out a while lol.

This was asked later in the old build demonstration. How did the Romans come to be part of the knights? In their lore the Romans did not die out completely, the knight legions rose from the Roman empire. Deep in the south there are still Romans and this is how they came to become allies. in the future they do intend to expand the narrative, tell more of the story, expand the world and do some world building.

They showed a very very short clip of something they will discuss next week. It kind of looks like capture the flag >.> but that is a very loose guess,it could be anything based on what they showed. Quick link to that clip https://youtu.be/4zxXcSOmgjg?t=3731 There was a bit of text after that said prepare your offering if anyone can figure a clue based on that.

They presented something from the vault looking at an old 2013 build of the game. This was their stickmen build. There was originally a fourth down stance, people did not often use it and in fact most of the players didn't even guess there might be one. Parrying was much harder in this build which might explain just how they didn't get how quickly people would learn it.

And that was pretty much it.

Illyrian_King
09-07-2017, 01:40 PM
Not a ****ing Capture The Flag?! :mad: :mad: :mad:

NOOOOOOOOOOO, give us such a thing after 4 seasons instead of a proper mode?!!!!!! :mad:

CandleInTheDark
09-07-2017, 05:15 PM
Everything is up,found the video, they left last Den's date on it.

One thing Eric said on Reddit and repeated in his couple minute spell before they replayed Pax is that the centurion is actively being worked on currently.

Knight_Raime
09-07-2017, 07:48 PM
Thanks as always Candle.
tbh the warlord nerf caught me off guard. Like I hate the bastard and all but at this point I felt he was mostly fine and others needed to be brought to his level.

I'm wondering if this will be the pattern for character changes instead of letting us test them first.

That_guy44
09-07-2017, 08:41 PM
Don't see how capture the flag would work. Just send in shinobi. GG

CandleInTheDark
09-07-2017, 08:46 PM
Thanks as always Candle.
tbh the warlord nerf caught me off guard. Like I hate the bastard and all but at this point I felt he was mostly fine and others needed to be brought to his level.

I'm wondering if this will be the pattern for character changes instead of letting us test them first.

Yeah I don't think anyone was expecting it. I feel some were definitely needed, others we will see. We know they are working on centurion, peacekeeper is the other one right up there (along with gladiator according to some).

Don't see how capture the flag would work. Just send in shinobi. GG

As a Destiny player who played the Hunter subclass with blink step (sped him up hugely when used right) the tactic is the same that was used there, know the two or three routes, place someone on them. When a team had their routes down or even shut me down before the flag was available (both teams were going for the same macguffin so the other tactic was keep the speedy one dead, once even a pug team knew I had blink step active, I took a lot of fire in neutral phase) then they would shut me down hard, but any mis-step there and it was easy to top score if I could get a few.

But yeah in a capture the flag if this is what it is, I can see shinobi being the designated flag getter. Depends on if you can attack with the flag, going back to my Destiny example, I couldn't attack so I needed to either hit a route that was clear or rely on my team to clear it.

RatedChaotic
09-08-2017, 02:08 AM
I would've been worse than the troll guy. I've been competive gaming for decades(since dialup in the early 90s) I was ranked #1 U.S East Daiblo 2 player for almost a year(early 2000s) before my account was deleted for being in Iraq(damn 30 day loggin restriction) But....

I first started competive gaming with the{ FBI} clan on many FPS games. www.fbiclan.com. We organize world wide tournaments on titles like.....Medal of Honor....Call of Duty....Battlefield.....on PC. We own servers(even @ members houses paid for by donations), created our own maps, and mods to those games and compete world wide on our servers and our competitors. We been ranked in top 5 clans in the world numerous times in those titles.

It took me about a year to join that clan. I would even go as far to say that is the strictest clan out there. Any use of a glitch(after your first warning) your banned from the server and banned from ever joining the clan . We have spectators watching. We corrected our own mistakes with mods and maps our members and other well knowns created.

So when I see an awesome game that is not anywhere close to where I know it could be. Hopefully some of you can understand why most issues here burns my biscuits.

Hopefully it will get better I'll definitely return if it does. Even if it takes till For Honor 20. I've been waiting for a game like this forever. But hurts me to see it here. I know it can be better but.......

I uninstalled a few days ago. Watched these videos and was convinced its just not for me at this time.

Fight on Everyone....

PS......Candle you do an amazing job with everything on these forums........You are an inspiration...

matt89connor
09-08-2017, 10:01 AM
i'll hope we have news about defensive meta , and a date maybe before season 4, where they put this new mechanic into the game

matt89connor
09-08-2017, 10:07 AM
the old version of the game, was a better version of skirmish in my idea

CandleInTheDark
09-08-2017, 06:45 PM
I would've been worse than the troll guy. I've been competive gaming for decades(since dialup in the early 90s) I was ranked #1 U.S East Daiblo 2 player for almost a year(early 2000s) before my account was deleted for being in Iraq(damn 30 day loggin restriction) But....

I first started competive gaming with the{ FBI} clan on many FPS games. www.fbiclan.com. We organize world wide tournaments on titles like.....Medal of Honor....Call of Duty....Battlefield.....on PC. We own servers(even @ members houses paid for by donations), created our own maps, and mods to those games and compete world wide on our servers and our competitors. We been ranked in top 5 clans in the world numerous times in those titles.

It took me about a year to join that clan. I would even go as far to say that is the strictest clan out there. Any use of a glitch(after your first warning) your banned from the server and banned from ever joining the clan . We have spectators watching. We corrected our own mistakes with mods and maps our members and other well knowns created.

So when I see an awesome game that is not anywhere close to where I know it could be. Hopefully some of you can understand why most issues here burns my biscuits.

Hopefully it will get better I'll definitely return if it does. Even if it takes till For Honor 20. I've been waiting for a game like this forever. But hurts me to see it here. I know it can be better but.......

I uninstalled a few days ago. Watched these videos and was convinced its just not for me at this time.

Fight on Everyone....

PS......Candle you do an amazing job with everything on these forums........You are an inspiration...

Sad the game isn't working out for you but everyone has to do what they have to, we'll be here still if and when you return.