PDA

View Full Version : Can host game but nobody can join

XyZspineZyX
09-11-2003, 11:31 PM
I'm starting a thread that describes our problem a little more clearly. If your having this problem please reply with your isp and connection type, router brand and model, and any action you have taken to try and correct it.

isp = centurytel adsl, static ip
router = linksys befsr81

have enable port forwarding tried 21000 and all ports UDP and TCP, set dmz for my machine.

Dave

XyZspineZyX
09-11-2003, 11:31 PM
I'm starting a thread that describes our problem a little more clearly. If your having this problem please reply with your isp and connection type, router brand and model, and any action you have taken to try and correct it.

isp = centurytel adsl, static ip
router = linksys befsr81

have enable port forwarding tried 21000 and all ports UDP and TCP, set dmz for my machine.

Dave

XyZspineZyX
09-12-2003, 12:48 AM
Best to post this type of question in the Tech forum - you'll get good responses quickly in there.

Otherwise - do you have more than one network linked to your PC? eg Internet and LAN.
I have two network cards - one for cable internet and the other for LAN. In the games network properties you must select the IP that relates to your internet connection.

Cheers

Athos

"When first under fire and you're wishful to duck, don't look nor take heed at the man that is struck, be thankful you're living, and trust to your luck, and face to your front like a soldier"
ex. Rudyard Kipling