PDA

View Full Version : Please don't kill the Conqueror.

OfTheStone
09-06-2017, 08:59 PM
Since they announced the upcoming nerf to full block stance, it means serious trouble for Conq. If this change goes through, he is going to be made totally obsolete. Full block stance is the only tool the Conq has against character who spam fast attacks. (PK, Zerk, Orochi, Nobushi) Please Ubisoft, by all means, make full block stance a free GB on Warlord and Valk, but let it stay as is with Conq. He's supposed to be a defensive character anyway so being punished for being defensive makes no sense. You will actually kill the Conq if this change goes through. It will also make full block stance useless because no one will want to use it. Please devs, THINK! You need to understand what you're hurting here.

S0Mi_xD
09-06-2017, 09:38 PM
Unless you are constantly using it, it won't make nearly any difference.

SplugeKing
09-06-2017, 10:00 PM
He gets a free GB from blocking opponent heavy, just saying

UbiNoty
09-06-2017, 11:55 PM
I'll make note of your feedback on the full block stance changes and its potential impact on conqueror to the team.

OfTheStone
09-07-2017, 06:42 AM
Why does him getting a free GB on heavy block matter here? It has nothing to do with this change. I'm confused by what you're trying to get at.

OfTheStone
09-07-2017, 06:53 AM
Also, in case you didn't already know, Conq has a recovery time after he gets hit before he can use full block stance, so he can't just use it as a panic button. AND if you catch Conq the moment he tries to use full block stance, it's already a guaranteed free GB. So tell me, why should that ability on Conq be nerfed any further?

kweassa1
09-07-2017, 08:03 AM
Also, in case you didn't already know, Conq has a recovery time after he gets hit before he can use full block stance, so he can't just use it as a panic button. AND if you catch Conq the moment he tries to use full block stance, it's already a guaranteed free GB. So tell me, why should that ability on Conq be nerfed any further?

Try using a class without any unblockables against a conq, and you'll know why.

See what I mean by "people playing only one class have extreme tunnel vision and don't understand what 'balance' means"? :rolleyes:

Balance is something that runs both ways. You only have half the picture on the game. Play something else and get cured of your bias, dude. I recommended this like what, 2? 3 months ago? :rolleyes:

Charmzzz
09-07-2017, 09:05 AM
Try using a class without any unblockables against a conq, and you'll know why.

See what I mean by "people playing only one class have extreme tunnel vision and don't understand what 'balance' means"? :rolleyes:

Balance is something that runs both ways. You only have half the picture on the game. Play something else and get cured of your bias, dude. I recommended this like what, 2? 3 months ago? :rolleyes:

Absolutely this. I am a PK Main, but I played Warden alot too. So I know how easy it is to open up a Turtle (and Conqs excel in that with Heal on Block, superior block and free GB on blocked Heavy) as a Warden and how hard it is as a PK.
Conq is not a good Duel Character. He never will be. You get that OfTheStone? Conq is a Heavy. He is designed to defend a Control Point on Dominion. And he can do that pretty good, better than alot of other Chars.

Yes, he has flaws, but having an unpunishable (for all heroes without an UB) stance is not healthy for the game. We want to get away from safe moves and defensive playstyle, so in my opinion it is a good thing to give Full-Block-stance at least some drawback.

Sipius
09-07-2017, 09:35 AM
Absolutely this. I am a PK Main, but I played Warden alot too. So I know how easy it is to open up a Turtle (and Conqs excel in that with Heal on Block, superior block and free GB on blocked Heavy) as a Warden and how hard it is as a PK.
Conq is not a good Duel Character. He never will be. You get that OfTheStone? Conq is a Heavy. He is designed to defend a Control Point on Dominion. And he can do that pretty good, better than alot of other Chars.

Yes, he has flaws, but having an unpunishable (for all heroes without an UB) stance is not healthy for the game. We want to get away from safe moves and defensive playstyle, so in my opinion it is a good thing to give Full-Block-stance at least some drawback.
Define unpunishable stance...

Charmzzz
09-07-2017, 09:45 AM
Define unpunishable stance...

Go into Full-Block-Stance vs any Character that does not have an UB move from neutral. What can they do? Watch your Stamina go down pretty slowly? Throw a GB that gets CGBed 99% of the time? Feint a heavy? Perfect example of defensive meta...

C00tBAjenkins
09-07-2017, 10:01 AM
Go into Full-Block-Stance vs any Character that does not have an UB move from neutral. What can they do? Watch your Stamina go down pretty slowly? Throw a GB that gets CGBed 99% of the time? Feint a heavy? Perfect example of defensive meta...

So wasn't the full block always a free gb on the conq. I thought that was always the case. I mained him from open beta and never really used it to block but I'm pretty sure in the advanced vids it says something about it... maybe I misunderstood.

Sipius
09-07-2017, 10:09 AM
Learn how easy Punishable the stance is..then come back here .. do you ever wonder why not even 10% of conq use it?And again as you said lets look at the big picture and see how many tool Conq have.. yeah.. exactly.. no wonder is the bottom tier under dog of all heroes..

kweassa1
09-07-2017, 10:30 AM
Learn how easy Punishable the stance is..then come back here .. do you ever wonder why not even 10% of conq use it?And again as you said lets look at the big picture and see how many tool Conq have.. yeah.. exactly.. no wonder is the bottom tier under dog of all heroes..

Learn how to CGB and there is no "punishment" for full block against classes without UB/MAs.

Oh shi*, the other guy looks like he might win. What does the conq/valk/warlord do? Go into fullblock, wait it out, backstep, buy time to regain stamina, go into fullblock, wait it out. Oh gee, a nice "draw" round on demand.

And friggin' cut the "big picture" bullshi*. In the "big picture" the Nobushi and Kensei is just hopeless in higher level of gameplay. So I guess the big picture means we should leave their crapshi* broken glitch abusing intact, huh. Such an effective tool too -- it allowed allernakin to win a $10,000 tournament. You remove such an effective tool from Nobushi is sooo unfair... boohoo! :rolleyes:

Sipius
09-07-2017, 11:06 AM
Let me put it diffrent so you can digest it....how many conq you met have ever been use it?I asked you again.. do you know how easy is to brake a conq in the stance? Really is freakin child play

kweassa1
09-07-2017, 11:42 AM
Let me put it diffrent so you can digest it....how many conq you met have ever been use it?I asked you again.. do you know how easy is to brake a conq in the stance? Really is freakin child play

How do you break a conq in full block stance without a MA or a UB then? Pray tell.

ChampionRuby50g
09-07-2017, 12:00 PM
How do you break a conq in full block stance without a MA or a UB then? Pray tell.

It's actually fairly easy and simple. I'm shocked that you don't know, considering that you know the best way to go about every issue the game has, and how to counter everything with your incredibly detailed and polished replies. Shockingly easy to get a Conq, or any hero that has it, out of full block stance.

On the other hand though, you could be playing stupid on purpose to bait out a response in which you can make yourself feel superior as you talk down on this bloke telling him why he's wrong in the worst way possible.

S0Mi_xD
09-07-2017, 12:45 PM
It's actually fairly easy and simple. I'm shocked that you don't know, considering that you know the best way to go about every issue the game has, and how to counter everything with your incredibly detailed and polished replies. Shockingly easy to get a Conq, or any hero that has it, out of full block stance.

On the other hand though, you could be playing stupid on purpose to bait out a response in which you can make yourself feel superior as you talk down on this bloke telling him why he's wrong in the worst way possible.

Yeah, it is easy - but you and the other guy don't say why it is so.

Conquerors Full block, works like a normal block all around, that means, just attack with heavies.
Attacking Conqs full block drains more stamina from him, and if a conqu in full block stance runs out of stam he will be knocked down.

Conqu has no advantage in the Full Block Stance.
It is only good for his feintings, for defense even his Zone is much better.

kweassa1
09-07-2017, 12:50 PM

So what is it? Still no answers I'm seeing.

Anything even remotely above average level and people CGB "in your face" GB attempts with like 99% accuracy. So you've got no initiating MAs that are unblockable and unparriable.

The guy is going into full block every turn to drag out the fight into a draw.

How?

kweassa1
09-07-2017, 12:52 PM
Yeah, it is easy - but you and the other guy don't say why it is so.

Conquerors Full block, works like a normal block all around, that means, just attack with heavies.
Attacking Conqs full block drains more stamina from him, and if a conqu in full block stance runs out of stam he will be knocked down.

Conqu has no advantage in the Full Block Stance.
It is only good for his feintings, for defense even his Zone is much better.

Without the defensive meta fix, there's nothing stopping him from retreating half-way into the stamina pool, dodging back or spacing himself a few times and simply re-entering fullblock.

(ps) did I mention beating on a full block grants counter shield bash and a guaranteed heavy? I mean, if the "way to coax him out of fullblock" means making yourself a punchingbag and giving the conq free hits on you, I guess that's one way... heh :o

S0Mi_xD
09-07-2017, 01:01 PM
Without the defensive meta fix, there's nothing stopping him from retreating half-way into the stamina pool, dodging back or spacing himself a few times and simply re-entering fullblock.

(ps) did I mention beating on a full block grants counter shield bash and a guaranteed heavy?

Conqus full block does stop stam regen for 5 sec, and it is the only full block, that does act as a normal block without sup block props.

Charmzzz
09-07-2017, 01:19 PM
So I should throw a 800ms Heavy at the Full-Block-Conq to get some Chip- and Stamina-Damage in? THAT is the "easy" counterplay? Are you guys serious? :rolleyes:
He can easily stop the stance and parry-punish me for this. I really have no idea what kind of people you fight, but when I face a good Conq it is nearly impossible to kill them if they decide to go full-defense with full-block and heal on block.

Again, without an unblockable Attack or Melee you CANNOT force anything from a guy in Full-Block. You have to wait it out.

ChampionRuby50g
09-07-2017, 01:51 PM
So what is it? Still no answers I'm seeing.

Anything even remotely above average level and people CGB "in your face" GB attempts with like 99% accuracy. So you've got no initiating MAs that are unblockable and unparriable.

The guy is going into full block every turn to drag out the fight into a draw.

How?

Easy answer for 4v4.
. Feats. There are plenty that could, but easiest to get would be Fiat Lux, the stun grenade, level 3 projectile feats.

Going into duel and brawl admittedly is harder, but not impossible. All depends on either player. Is the Conq tense and jumpy, for example they throw out their attacks early because they are expecting a parry or falling for feints, or are they competent with the game? If not competent and jumpy, these conqs are easy to bait out of FBS with feints or whiffs. Many times have I come across a Warlord whose more than happy to light attack at my feinted heavy from his FBS, and it's worked in my favour every time.

Not the best option, but wait them out. Someone wants to play the stare game with me, I can do it right back with them. Their stamina will drop before mine will, and if all they are doing is retreating into FBS because they are on one bar, it's not a draw. I consider that a win as it's usually the case they are about to die or loose, timer running out only means I played better and won.

Valkyries love to go out of their FBS into either the top light or shield charge when they feel an enemy is getting to close. Play around with distance back and forth and I bet that they will charge at you and give you a free execution via dodge and GB.

Charmzzz
09-07-2017, 01:55 PM
Easy answer for 4v4.
. Feats. There are plenty that could, but easiest to get would be Fiat Lux, the stun grenade, level 3 projectile feats.

Going into duel and brawl admittedly is harder, but not impossible. All depends on either player. Is the Conq tense and jumpy, for example they throw out their attacks early because they are expecting a parry or falling for feints, or are they competent with the game? If not competent and jumpy, these conqs are easy to bait out of FBS with feints or whiffs. Many times have I come across a Warlord whose more than happy to light attack at my feinted heavy from his FBS, and it's worked in my favour every time.

Not the best option, but wait them out. Someone wants to play the stare game with me, I can do it right back with them. Their stamina will drop before mine will, and if all they are doing is retreating into FBS because they are on one bar, it's not a draw. I consider that a win as it's usually the case they are about to die or loose, timer running out only means I played better and won.

Valkyries love to go out of their FBS into either the top light or shield charge when they feel an enemy is getting to close. Play around with distance back and forth and I bet that they will charge at you and give you a free execution via dodge and GB.

Ahahaha, I cannot stop laughing. You made my day.

Your "counter" is to have a special feat, the experience to get it AND have it ready at exact the right moment in a 4v4. True lulz.
For Duel you came up with feint or wait it out. How the f*ck is that a "counter" by any means? Are you serious about this?

ChampionRuby50g
09-07-2017, 02:09 PM
Ahahaha, I cannot stop laughing. You made my day.

Your "counter" is to have a special feat, the experience to get it AND have it ready at exact the right moment in a 4v4. True lulz.
For Duel you came up with feint or wait it out. How the f*ck is that a "counter" by any means? Are you serious about this?

I said 4v4. It's not hard to get 3 takedowns and earn your 2nd feat, but if you struggle with that there is always the chance to boost zones or get the feats pick up. Fiat Lux comes back incredibly quickly, can use multiple of them in one life. Not my fault if you don't have a feat available, but guess what. It does get the opposing hero out of FBS, so yes it can counter it. I don't believe the question said you can't use feats. If it works, it works. Simple as that. It's also an answer to the question. So you need to calm down.

And if your denying someone else's experience that did happen to them, because doing all those things work for me in getting enemy's out of FBS, then you're truly idiotic. The question was how to "break" a Conq out of FBS, I interpreted that as to how to get them out of FBS. Those all work for me, so they are my counters.

SoulEavens
09-07-2017, 02:26 PM
People complaining about the Conqs Fullguard? Are you trolling or is this serious?
Sure lets Nerf the most underpowered Character, hey you know what Buff Cent, he isn't strong enough while your at it. (Sarcasm for those who don't get it).

There are only 3 Characters in the Game without an Unblockable: Orochi, Peacekeeper and Berserker. Yeah these three have a bit of a Problem against Fullguard. It's worthless outside of Feinting anyway. You have some Matchups that are not that good for you, and actually if the Conq tries to PLAY instead of just waiting someone out most good Peacekeepers will tear him apart. Seriously good PKs are a Conqs Nemesis. (Conq Main writing here.)

So lets see: There is a Problem with Fullguard, in ONE SPECIFIC SET UP (Duel), against only 3 Classes! Conq needs a Buff not a Nerf.

And do you know how you get Past Fullblock? It's called GB, yes the Guardbreak button. He counters it? DO IT AGAIN. Everytime he enters Fullguard it eats away his stamina and Stuns stamina Regen for 5 Seconds, and he has to reenter after every Guardbreak. What he could hit you? His Attacks are so slow that you can probably still parry whatever he throws out. And if you don't? You only take a Light/heavy Attack from the Character with the LEAST Damage in the Entire Game boohoo. From here on out you can just Spam your lights as usuall,

Charmzzz
09-07-2017, 02:29 PM
I said 4v4. It's not hard to get 3 takedowns and earn your 2nd feat, but if you struggle with that there is always the chance to boost zones or get the feats pick up. Fiat Lux comes back incredibly quickly, can use multiple of them in one life. Not my fault if you don't have a feat available, but guess what. It does get the opposing hero out of FBS, so yes it can counter it. I don't believe the question said you can't use feats. If it works, it works. Simple as that. It's also an answer to the question. So you need to calm down.

And if your denying someone else's experience that did happen to them, because doing all those things work for me in getting enemy's out of FBS, then you're truly idiotic. The question was how to "break" a Conq out of FBS, I interpreted that as to how to get them out of FBS. Those all work for me, so they are my counters.

You really defend your "arguments" in that way?

4v4:
- have a special feat
- get to the level where you can use it
- have it ready when you face a conq in full block
- use it ONCE -> hit him a few times -> he goes full block again -> what now? wait for feat cooldown?

You really cant be serious about that being a "counter" to an always available move.

1v1: I did not deny that feinting and waiting are the things you can do. I just deny them as a "counter" because they counter nothing, they are the only possible attempts you can do in that situation if you do not have an UB Attack or Melee from neutral. Exactly that was my argument, you remember? And you gave 0, zero, nada, null relevant counters to Full-Block-Stance.

Illyrian_King
09-07-2017, 02:38 PM
Since they announced the upcoming nerf to full block stance, it means serious trouble for Conq. If this change goes through, he is going to be made totally obsolete. Full block stance is the only tool the Conq has against character who spam fast attacks. (PK, Zerk, Orochi, Nobushi) Please Ubisoft, by all means, make full block stance a free GB on Warlord and Valk, but let it stay as is with Conq. He's supposed to be a defensive character anyway so being punished for being defensive makes no sense. You will actually kill the Conq if this change goes through. It will also make full block stance useless because no one will want to use it. Please devs, THINK! You need to understand what you're hurting here.

Such a bad idea, to remove counter guard break!

Charmzzz
09-07-2017, 02:39 PM
People complaining about the Conqs Fullguard? Are you trolling or is this serious?
Sure lets Nerf the most underpowered Character, hey you know what Buff Cent, he isn't strong enough while your at it. (Sarcasm for those who don't get it).

There are only 3 Characters in the Game without an Unblockable: Orochi, Peacekeeper and Berserker. Yeah these three have a bit of a Problem against Fullguard. It's worthless outside of Feinting anyway. You have some Matchups that are not that good for you, and actually if the Conq tries to PLAY instead of just waiting someone out most good Peacekeepers will tear him apart. Seriously good PKs are a Conqs Nemesis. (Conq Main writing here.)

So lets see: There is a Problem with Fullguard, in ONE SPECIFIC SET UP (Duel), against only 3 Classes! Conq needs a Buff not a Nerf.

And do you know how you get Past Fullblock? It's called GB, yes the Guardbreak button. He counters it? DO IT AGAIN. Everytime he enters Fullguard it eats away his stamina and Stuns stamina Regen for 5 Seconds, and he has to reenter after every Guardbreak. What he could hit you? His Attacks are so slow that you can probably still parry whatever he throws out. And if you don't? You only take a Light/heavy Attack from the Character with the LEAST Damage in the Entire Game boohoo. From here on out you can just Spam your lights as usuall,

Did you read the whole Thread? We never said that Conq should be nerfed, just that Full-Block-Stance is bad for the game and getting rid of defensive meta. All you Conq Mains came in and said "but but but we need a BUFF!" and I am completely with you, but taking away Full-Block-Stance as an unpunishable move from every character is still the correct way to balance things towards an offensive meta. I think they need to rework or give additional moves to some of the vanilla characters, Conq amongst them.

Your argument that only 3 characters have 0 chance to open a Full-Block-Stance character is "well, it is only 3 characters that cant, so its ok"? Are you serious about that bs? The stance itself is the definition of defensive meta and Ubi clearly wants to get away from it, same for a great percentage of the playerbase.

Sure, I can GB the sh*t out of the Conq as a PK/Oro/Zerk. Then he is OOS, and since I still have no UB Attack or Melee I cannot punish him. So I cannot punish him in Full-Block-Stance and when he got OOS he can still Turtle. How is that good for an overall balance?

OfTheStone
09-07-2017, 09:52 PM
Conq can be pretty strong in duels. It depends on how he is used. You must not have read my previous comment, it already has draw backs. It also cost stamina to block attacks in that form and if the Conq runs out of stamina, he gets knocked down.

OfTheStone
09-07-2017, 09:54 PM
Once again you are stalking me on the forums to cause conflict and harass me. You are reported again. STAY OUT OF MY THREADS. You are not being constructive, you're just being toxic and rude.

SoulEavens
09-07-2017, 10:17 PM
Did you read the whole Thread? We never said that Conq should be nerfed, just that Full-Block-Stance is bad for the game and getting rid of defensive meta. All you Conq Mains came in and said "but but but we need a BUFF!" and I am completely with you, but taking away Full-Block-Stance as an unpunishable move from every character is still the correct way to balance things towards an offensive meta. I think they need to rework or give additional moves to some of the vanilla characters, Conq amongst them.

Your argument that only 3 characters have 0 chance to open a Full-Block-Stance character is "well, it is only 3 characters that cant, so its ok"? Are you serious about that bs? The stance itself is the definition of defensive meta and Ubi clearly wants to get away from it, same for a great percentage of the playerbase.

Sure, I can GB the sh*t out of the Conq as a PK/Oro/Zerk. Then he is OOS, and since I still have no UB Attack or Melee I cannot punish him. So I cannot punish him in Full-Block-Stance and when he got OOS he can still Turtle. How is that good for an overall balance?

Yes i did read the whole thread. After you have him out of Stamina, which he will be VERY quickly after using Fullguard Stance again and again after the GB Flurry, he can only block normally. Now he is out of Stamina und just blocks normally. Congrats you just got through the Fullguard Stance without an unblockable. Now there is a thing Assasins are very good at: Feints. If he still blocks everything he isn't different from any other Class who chooses to Turtle and never Attack. Of course he has Superior Block on Heavy Attacks, but as these three classes are Assasins they will harass him with lightning quick Lights anyway.

Fullguard is no "Auto-win" it is a dumb move in that regard. Before you claimed you could never get through it. Of course you can. If you have a Player that NEVER Attacks outside punishes it doesn't matter what class he plays. Also PK/BERSERKER/OROCHI Lights are a extreamly hard to parry.

Netcode_err_404
09-07-2017, 10:37 PM
Good, now rework that garbage class.

And whoever designed him that way GG man.

UbiNoty
09-07-2017, 11:34 PM
Once again you are stalking me on the forums to cause conflict and harass me. You are reported again. STAY OUT OF MY THREADS. You are not being constructive, you're just being toxic and rude.

Ok, sorry but you can't tell people to stay out of a public forum just because they disagree with you. I've read through the posts you've all made and while there's definitely some heated debate I do not see anything egregiously toxic or out of line.

Again. This is not your thread. You've started a thread for open conversation and debate, and you should be willing and open to accept all opinions and perspectives.

If you (or anyone) ever feel that any particular person is breaking the forums rules or proper forum conduct, then you should report it to me or any other community rep/manager and we will handle it. Do not, I repeat, do not try to publicly ask members to ostracize any other members.

I would like to leave this thread open in the spirit of open discussion. But if I see anything like this again I'll have to close it. Thanks.

ChampionRuby50g
09-08-2017, 12:26 AM
You really defend your "arguments" in that way?

4v4:
- have a special feat
- get to the level where you can use it
- have it ready when you face a conq in full block
- use it ONCE -> hit him a few times -> he goes full block again -> what now? wait for feat cooldown?

You really cant be serious about that being a "counter" to an always available move.

1v1: I did not deny that feinting and waiting are the things you can do. I just deny them as a "counter" because they counter nothing, they are the only possible attempts you can do in that situation if you do not have an UB Attack or Melee from neutral. Exactly that was my argument, you remember? And you gave 0, zero, nada, null relevant counters to Full-Block-Stance.

Ok, what's different about this. You are a Centurion, -> unblockable heavy -> Conq out of FBS -> gets jabbed and eats a light and then CGB the Cent -> Back into FBS.
Only difference is now you don't have a feat.
But the Cent has pugio, after that happens the Conq is back into FBS, Cent Pugios him and it opens up plenty more options. All because of a feat.
The question asked how to break them out of the shell, the feat did exactly that, the same as the UB does and every MA does. It isn't a counter that you always have, but when they are in FBS and you do have it, it is a counter. What's so hard to understand about that??

OfTheStone
09-08-2017, 01:31 AM
I have sent you a private message, be sure to read it. Just a friendly suggestion, stop defending the wrong people and do the right thing.

kweassa1
09-08-2017, 01:45 AM
Yes i did read the whole thread. After you have him out of Stamina, which he will be VERY quickly after using Fullguard Stance again and again after the GB Flurry, he can only block normally. Now he is out of Stamina und just blocks normally. Congrats you just got through the Fullguard Stance without an unblockable. Now there is a thing Assasins are very good at: Feints. If he still blocks everything he isn't different from any other Class who chooses to Turtle and never Attack. Of course he has Superior Block on Heavy Attacks, but as these three classes are Assasins they will harass him with lightning quick Lights anyway.

Fullguard is no "Auto-win" it is a dumb move in that regard. Before you claimed you could never get through it. Of course you can. If you have a Player that NEVER Attacks outside punishes it doesn't matter what class he plays. Also PK/BERSERKER/OROCHI Lights are a extreamly hard to parry.

..I dunno about your duels, but the 1v1 situations I'm in usually have only 3 minutes, and Conqs, Valks, Warlords fullblock up when things start looking bad for them to force a draw against classes without MAs. So sorry to burst your hypothetical bubble, but nobody said fullblock was an auto win. Just like the 1-shot kill bug didn't mean that it was always an auto win, and yet, still got fixed because it was simply deeply unfair in certain situations.

Flurry of GBs? You think spamming GB attempt doesn't hurt your own stamina? So the round's got 60 seconds left, the conq/valk/warlord decides to to fullblock up and force a draw into a game which I'm pretty sure I'd win if the fight went on. Oh woop dee too... I go to him and spam my GB for 5~6 times in a row to have it all CGBd. That nicely blows off 10 seconds wasted. He don't got much stam left so he comes out of fullblock stance. Yay.I've also wasted around 50% of my own stamina so now I can't risk attacking at a higher pace. Wait it out, another 5 seconds gone to get some my stamina back. Well whaddaya know, the other guy's got most of his stamina back as well.

Repeat the process 3~4 times and the round ends.

You really don't have a clue as to just WHY people hate the fullblock so much, do you. :rolleyes:

Charmzzz
09-08-2017, 09:24 AM
Ok, what's different about this. You are a Centurion, -> unblockable heavy -> Conq out of FBS -> gets jabbed and eats a light and then CGB the Cent -> Back into FBS.
Only difference is now you don't have a feat.
But the Cent has pugio, after that happens the Conq is back into FBS, Cent Pugios him and it opens up plenty more options. All because of a feat.
The question asked how to break them out of the shell, the feat did exactly that, the same as the UB does and every MA does. It isn't a counter that you always have, but when they are in FBS and you do have it, it is a counter. What's so hard to understand about that??

Uhm, the difference is that Centurion can use UB attacks or melees at his will and not when the feat is ready? What is so hard to understand about that?
What kweassa1 said is completely what I am experiencing in Duels / Tournaments. It is still an unpunishable Stance for every Character without an UB attack or melee, is it so hard to understand that this needed to be changed to have some kind of drawback? Stamina cost is not a real drawback when you face Characters that cannot deal Stamina damage or punish OOS, you know? ;)

OfTheStone: Now that was a slap on your wrist from Noty, wasnt it? Can only agree with his statement.

Dude_of_Valor
09-08-2017, 10:04 AM
If you have higher life than your opponent don't you win when the timer runs out?

Secondly if a character goes full block stance then yes I usually would suggest you keep good distance and watch their stamina drain.

Lastly if a match is tied, sure it is frustrating but chances are it won't happen again in the next match, so stay cool and get ready for the next round.