PDA

View Full Version : Why the random ornament for ranked tournament win

SplugeKing
09-06-2017, 06:07 PM
I'm sure this has been answered but I've not been here lately. I've won five ranked tournaments and received one ornament for a hero out of four heroes I use. Why ubi, why?

DoctorMcBatman
09-06-2017, 06:33 PM
There isn't an answer. That's just the way it is, and the development team might ​change it.

Wolf-Heathen
09-06-2017, 07:25 PM
Because this is Ubisoft and everything they do is counter-intuitive, and contrary to player satisfaction. The most you'll get from them is, "The tournament is still in beta, so we look forward to suggestions from the players."

SplugeKing
09-06-2017, 07:52 PM
Wonderful. Remember when they released the game, people were mad about not being able to get an achievement for maxing out all heroes or whatever. Then ubi said they meant for us to play only a couple of characters, yet seven months later they still have orders play 5 games with 5 different heroes and random rewards for characters you've never even played. Someone making decisions over there is really stupid

Wolf-Heathen
09-06-2017, 08:47 PM
That two character response was nonsense and we all know it. They were just trying to cover for the fact that the intentionally made the game super grindy to keep people playing. It was just bad design. It's the exact same thought process for the random tournament rewards. The mode is long, forces you to sit through multiple pointless screens, and the rewards for participation are less than any other mode.
The only way to keep people playing is that carrot of the ornament for first place. Keeping it random means people have to grind tournaments for an exponentially longer amount of time, ensuring that that population pool of tournament players is artificially high.

TSCDescon
09-06-2017, 09:06 PM
Because this is Ubisoft and everything they do is counter-intuitive, and contrary to player satisfaction. The most you'll get from them is, "The tournament is still in beta, so we look forward to suggestions from the players."

It ain't a BETA if its in the live version of the game.

UbiNoty
09-07-2017, 12:05 AM
That's just the way we decided to make it for now. But we've definitely heard a ton (a ton) of feedback on it and the team knows it too.

magmaninja
11-13-2017, 12:42 AM
Is there any way you would consider keeping the ranked ornaments as duel tournament only and the new ones as dominion ranked as i've yet to get the lawbringers and your amazing foresight of "you get the ornament for the hero you win with next season but not this season for some reason" has really annoyed me as ive one 7 tournaments, im a platinum rank. something is wrong there and as we speak i get kicked for inactivity in one of these tournaments because my controller died so now i cant even try a tournament for over an hour which has dropped my rank to less than half way into plat 1 when i started today at 67% into plat 2. Ive had this game since day one, ive stuck out all the problems and fully appreciate all the hard work you guys do to "fix" the game, but just trying to get one item is putting me at wits end and with my job i wont have enought time to play enough tournaments to maybe win a couple more. As a last resort is there any way you guys could reach into my account and swap the berserker or shinobi ranked ornaments for the lawbringers, as i wont touch those characters as they dont interest me in the least. A reply would be helpful as this game is just starting to fill me with depression.