PDA

View Full Version : Honest Question : Assassin Dodging from 2nd or 3rd attack

We.the.North
09-06-2017, 03:15 AM
Assassin are crippled by the reflex guard stance. So one would assume they can dodge more easily out of attacks ...

Well no, I can't dodge between Centurion or Berserker infinite chain of attacks. I must block and since I use Shinobi crappy, crappy reflex guard stance ... what the hell can I do.

Highlander landing a single heavy often means he'll land a 2nd heavy in his chain and I'm near death already.

Was that design intended ?? Can't dodge between attacks, really ???

RoosterIlluzion
09-06-2017, 04:47 AM
Wow, you should be able to dodge if the BOTs can guard break a Highlander between swings of his zone.

Felheric
09-06-2017, 10:05 AM
You cant dodge folow up attack - when you get hit by any heavy attack. Beacuse game put you in recovery ..
Its kinda stupid design..

kweassa1
09-06-2017, 11:51 AM
*sigh*

It's not a class thing, but simply a situational thing in regards to recovery times and speed of attack.

For example, on hit or block recovery frames for heavy attacks (which staggers you more than blocking or being hit light attacks), if the next attack is 600ms or faster you cannot dodge it.

OTOH, when hit by light attacks, or for any reason the light not being interrupted through your block, you can dodge the 2nd attack even if it is 600ms or lower. For example, if you're hit by a Highlander light attack, you can still dodge the next heavy attack even if its 600ms. When you are hit by a centurion's light-light, you can still dodge the third heavy despite it being 600ms.

The threshold for whether or not you're able to dodge a next incoming heavy upon blocking an initial heavy attack (and falling under block-stagger recovery frames) seem to be 600ms, because anything slower clearly can be dodged.

The alternative for assassins?

Deflect - dodge -- as in deflect the first cent heavy and then immediately dodge, since deflection doesn't give out any block-stagger frames.

We.the.North
09-06-2017, 12:31 PM
Well, I'm old and already said my reflex are too poor to block. I dodge on prediction most of the time. There is no way in hell I can deflect regularly, yet alone parry.

Regarding the "recovery frames" I already knew getting hit puts me in that state, altho I didn't know recovery frames were bigger for getting hit by a heavy attack... so I guess my next question is :

Why on god's green earth are there heavy attacks faster than 600 ms !? That's the reason Shinobi gets hit twice in a row by a Heavy - Heavy chain !!

PDXGorechild
09-06-2017, 12:46 PM
Well, I'm old and already said my reflex are too poor to block. I dodge on prediction most of the time. There is no way in hell I can deflect regularly, yet alone parry.

Regarding the "recovery frames" I already knew getting hit puts me in that state, altho I didn't know recovery frames were bigger for getting hit by a heavy attack... so I guess my next question is :

Why on god's green earth are there heavy attacks faster than 600 ms !? That's the reason Shinobi gets hit twice in a row by a Heavy - Heavy chain !!

I'd highly recommend playing another class if your reflexes aren't fast enough to at least block, ideally with a Shinobi you need to make use of deflect or parry rather than block, which are even harder to pull off, due to his minuscule health pool. All of the Assassin classes are pretty unforgiving when it comes to making mistakes - but if you're determined to play one i'd recommend Berserker. Basic to learn but difficult to master, he has the highest health pool of the Assassins and his spin-chop dodge attack gets you out of all sorts of trouble.

If you're determined to stick to Shinobi, you'll have to learn to keep your distance and hit and run, especially when facing classes like Cent of Berserker. Get caught up in a chain, you're dead. Get backed into a corner, you're dead. Allow a Berserker to get a top heavy off on you, you're as good as dead. Allow a Cent to bounce you off a wall, you're dead. The only real way to combat these classes without deflecting and parrying will be for you to hit and run, dodging in and out of range, using light attacks and the odd throwing attack if you think it will land.

kweassa1
09-06-2017, 12:58 PM
I'd highly recommend playing another class if your reflexes aren't fast enough to at least block, ideally with a Shinobi you need to make use of deflect or parry rather than block, which are even harder to pull off, due to his minuscule health pool. All of the Assassin classes are pretty unforgiving when it comes to making mistakes - but if you're determined to play one i'd recommend Berserker. Basic to learn but difficult to master, he has the highest health pool of the Assassins and his spin-chop dodge attack gets you out of all sorts of trouble.

If you're determined to stick to Shinobi, you'll have to learn to keep your distance and hit and run, especially when facing classes like Cent of Berserker. Get caught up in a chain, you're dead. Get backed into a corner, you're dead. Allow a Berserker to get a top heavy off on you, you're as good as dead. Allow a Cent to bounce you off a wall, you're dead. The only real way to combat these classes without deflecting and parrying will be for you to hit and run, dodging in and out of range, using light attacks and the odd throwing attack if you think it will land.

^^^ What he said.

I'm old too, so my reflexes suck. That's why I stay away from assassins. If I choose to still give the assassins a shot, I'd at least not complain about it.