PDA

View Full Version : Ranking up

XJadeDragoonX
09-05-2017, 09:34 PM
I'm all for working your way up the ladder in ranked. I'm currently Gold 5 and was about to hit Plat 1. I win 5 games in a row and get into the finals. Each game I'm getting 2% or 3% in rank up xp. Fine. lose in the finals in a really well fought back and forth 2-3 game and I lose 27% rank xp.... what is that about?

bmason1000
09-05-2017, 10:47 PM
Yeah. I went undefeated to the finals, lost, came out of the tournament a lower rank than i entered with. Got to the finals as a gold 4, came out a gold 3.

Graci0us
09-06-2017, 12:12 AM
I think this has something to do with the ranking system keeping certain % of players in each rank. When ppl get their plat or diamond and realize the gain to win point ratio, they stop playing. Meaning you will not rank up because someone alrdy fill that %. Thats my theory anyway. Cant prove it, but in the ranking description, it does say at the end of each season your ranking will adjust based on the inactive player not being considered in their % anymore. If your winning 75-85% of your ranked games with your opponents being the same rank or higher, you should be moving up in rank, not going down. Ppl will stop playing it. I had the same thing happen. Won 5 matches against players within 1 division of my rank. Gained 2-3% per match. In finals, i lost a close 2-3 fight against someone 5 divisions ahead of me. Lost 28%... Then after a few more times of it happening, im just not going to play it anymore. I dont have the will to play a ranked system where you go 5-1 and derank.

UbiJurassic
09-06-2017, 12:19 AM
We've seen some of the feedback from players regarding the progression loss for losing, especially for people in Gold and up. Ranked is still in beta, so we may look to make adjustments to ranked in the future. We'll certainly be sure to bring this up to the team.