PDA

View Full Version : Any chance you's are gona sort out the conqueror?

THAMONK5
09-05-2017, 08:19 PM
I have been playing conq from alpha & i ain't to bad with him. But he is crap compared to everyone else he is so slow when i block by the time i swing my weapon they have recoverd & blocked. And hard hitter lol hardly yes if you charge him up but its to easy to block or dodge. I love the game & play when i can but i think I'm gona take a we break until my main has been reworked or buffed in some way(hopfully sooner than later).

CandleInTheDark
09-05-2017, 09:00 PM
They answered a question on the conqueror and orochi on the last Den, it was a pretty involved answer so here have a quick link :) https://youtu.be/SQ3UU5U6SeU?t=1704

They also answered another one on the conqueror specifically and they acknowledge that he needs a deeper rework which is going to take time since while he is quite strong he only really has one tactic.

THAMONK5
09-05-2017, 10:11 PM
Nice one Thanks for the link fella.

Jab_Jab_Wins
09-06-2017, 10:52 AM
they acknowledge that he needs a deeper rework which is going to take time

They already said they were buffing/reworking the conq like 4 months ago. I don't understand why it's taking so long. Also, if they say it's going to take time, be prepared for another 3-4 months until the devs actually do something. A slight buff on the meantime wouldn't hurt

Hatred2016
09-06-2017, 04:19 PM
I main Conqueror as well since the beginning, I rarely play anything else (im a glutton for punishment I suppose). I feel like I do well with him, generally at the top of the scoreboards, not much issue with most other classes like I have seen posted of everyone being OP, I even handle Centurions fairly well, the toughest matchup I seem to have is a good PK or Shinobi, the light spam is my kryptonite it seems. I am not saying im a pro by any means but in whatever tier im currently in I fair pretty well, having said that, my main concerns for the Conq going forward are this:

1. The kit is stale and boring, I win, but the 3 skills I can viably use make me feel cheesy most of the time. I play aggressive, I don't turtle but my options are very limited so it comes off as spammy.
2. The trend seems to be that in order to break the turtle meta every new character is given multiple unblockable attacks, fine and great but, I am a shield wielding heavy built to block and respond, I can't do that when everything comes in unblockable. Fine by me, ill adapt, but give me a new role/niche to fill to compensate.
3. The feats I have are not very useful comparatively. My heal on block was nerfed to the point it may as well not be there, juggernaut is silly, damage on shield skills is ok but not great etc. Nothing that says wow. Gimme some of those warlord passives!

Overall, Conq is a good class in theory and can/does win, unfortunately it rather boring to play but for some reason I can't give the ol' fella up. Make it fun, I don't need a buff, I don't want anyone else nerfed, I want a reworked class that is fun and interesting. I don't think that's to much to ask!

UbiNoty
09-07-2017, 01:06 AM
They already said they were buffing/reworking the conq like 4 months ago. I don't understand why it's taking so long. Also, if they say it's going to take time, be prepared for another 3-4 months until the devs actually do something. A slight buff on the meantime wouldn't hurt

I know it's been awhile. And it's taking some time because we're planning a pretty big makeover. We announced hero balance plans even before we released the def meta changes, and even those aren't fully realized yet. So our overall timeline is taking a bit longer than we initially expected.

Maybe we could have made a sloppy realized buff here or there, but would that really be solving the problem? Or would it end up being a bad band-aid we'd have to rip off in the end?

Mia.Nora
09-07-2017, 01:29 AM
I know it's been awhile. And it's taking some time because we're planning a pretty big makeover. We announced hero balance plans even before we released the def meta changes, and even those aren't fully realized yet. So our overall timeline is taking a bit longer than we initially expected.

Maybe we could have made a sloppy realized buff here or there, but would that really be solving the problem? Or would it end up being a bad band-aid we'd have to rip off in the end?

If I go to hospital with a open wound, and the nurse told me "Doctor is in surgery now and he will perform on your wound on a surgical precision once he is available. Meanwhile I will not put a bandage on your wound since it would end up being a bad Band-Aid we'd have to rip off in the end", do you know what would have happened?

I would have died from bleeding.

UbiNoty
09-07-2017, 02:23 AM
If I go to hospital with a open wound, and the nurse told me "Doctor is in surgery now and he will perform on your wound on a surgical precision once he is available. Meanwhile I will not put a bandage on your wound since it would end up being a bad Band-Aid we'd have to rip off in the end", do you know what would have happened?

I see the situation more as a badly broken bone. We could wrap it up however, and let it heal poorly and the poor guy might limp forever. Or he'll have to suffer a bit as we take x-rays, do some bone resetting, and maybe even some surgery, but it'll be better for him in the end.

kweassa1
09-07-2017, 02:25 AM

Except no one is dying here. It's simply waiting for a total overhaul which makes "bandaids" nonsensical and simply stupid in regards to development efficiency.

Nice try, drama queen.