PDA

View Full Version : Good-bye Shugoki, Hello Glad and Cent

TSCDescon
09-05-2017, 02:07 AM
Yeah, its about that time.

Time to go top tier.

CrunaCross
09-05-2017, 02:19 AM
Gladiator is alright. It's annoying but fair. Centurion however is a legal cheat.

TSCDescon
09-05-2017, 04:23 AM
Gladiator is alright. It's annoying but fair. Centurion however is a legal cheat.

To be very honest, at the state of the game, why should you not use the opportunity to play broken characters? I know its not fun and cheap, but its there.

CrunaCross
09-05-2017, 04:49 AM
To be very honest, at the state of the game, why should you not use the opportunity to play broken characters? I know its not fun and cheap, but its there.

That's what I told the others on the Steam forums. At one time I even said that everybody should abuse the Centurion in the cheapest possible way because that would force the devs to do something about a character that is exclusively played by everybody because of it's broken kit. But of course I also feel a bit ashamed to abuse a broken system, so I'm on a pain train with Berserker and Kensei.... Atleast a win feels like a win.

TSCDescon
09-05-2017, 04:57 AM
That's what I told the others on the Steam forums. At one time I even said that everybody should abuse the Centurion in the cheapest possible way because that would force the devs to do something about a character that is exclusively played by everybody because of it's broken kit. But of course I also feel a bit ashamed to abuse a broken system, so I'm on a pain train with Berserker and Kensei.... Atleast a win feels like a win.

I've been on the pain train with Shugoki for a very long time too.

CrunaCross
09-05-2017, 05:00 AM
I've been on the pain train with Shugoki for a very long time too.

Go on Raider instead. It's not that bad. Feels like something in between.

TheTKOShow
09-05-2017, 05:23 AM
I bet you just low kicked someone in the corner in mortal combat too.

TSCDescon
09-05-2017, 05:28 AM
Go on Raider instead. It's not that bad. Feels like something in between.

I tried out Raider before and I didn't like it. I've been a Shugoki main since launch. I will go back to him when he gets a buff, which I highly doubt because some people are complaining that he is "op" and needs a nerf; especailly his hyper armor.

But, unless a miracle happens, time to cause rage quits with Cent in 4v4. :P

AnEnticingSquid
09-05-2017, 05:47 AM
Honestly, I find shugokis scary (maybe it's because I play assassins). When I fight a shugoki, it's an uphill battle... I have to get through his hyper armour without taking a single hit. I have to be pretty creative to pull it off. I think he is one of the most fun characters to fight... Other than his hug (which I think is bs... How does the warm embrace a his fellow man give him hp??!) Hopefully the defensive meta patch will help him out... I would love to give him a go.

TSCDescon
09-05-2017, 05:55 AM
I bet you just low kicked someone in the corner in mortal combat too.

YES I DO.

Because he/she don't block low.

TSCDescon
09-05-2017, 06:02 AM
Honestly, I find shugokis scary (maybe it's because I play assassins). When I fight a shugoki, it's an uphill battle... I have to get through his hyper armour without taking a single hit. I have to be pretty creative to pull it off. I think he is one of the most fun characters to fight... Other than his hug (which I think is bs... How does the warm embrace a his fellow man give him hp??!) Hopefully the defensive meta patch will help him out... I would love to give him a go.

I simple GB breaks his armor even if he CGB it. With the defensive meta change, I disagree that he is strong. Even if you can't parry during OOS, you can still dodge his fully charged heavy from a Shugoki. No guard break after a parry means a nerf for Shugoki because most of his kit relies on a guard break. After a parry, all he can do is light > headbutt which causes a distance for your opponent to regenerate their stamina back. Another thing is when you're OOS as a Shugoki, its a death sentence for you against some characters, especially Cent. Also, not to mention Cent is a monster if the defensive changes come.

bananaflow2017
09-05-2017, 09:58 AM
Didnt u das 1000 times u r gonna quit?

TSCDescon
09-05-2017, 01:45 PM
Didnt u das 1000 times u r gonna quit?

First off, vocabulary. What is das?

Second, I may have in a few threads saying mentioning about quitting for reasons, but never did I say "I'M DONE, GONE, FK THIS GAME, I'M OUT" etc.

Third, 1000 times? Where does it say I have 1000 post of me, "das-ing"?

There are hundred even thousands of people on this forum, so don't go and assume things.

bananaflow2017
09-05-2017, 02:27 PM
First off, vocabulary. What is das?

Second, I may have in a few threads saying mentioning about quitting for reasons, but never did I say "I'M DONE, GONE, FK THIS GAME, I'M OUT" etc.

Third, 1000 times? Where does it say I have 1000 post of me, "das-ing"?

There are hundred even thousands of people on this forum, so don't go and assume things.

Didn' t u have : "fill the gap" exercises in school?

Autocorrect did that....

Should be "like"

PDXGorechild
09-05-2017, 03:46 PM
Don't sell out man. Pulling off a trash class and making it look awesome is far more satisfying than rolling over people on a cheesy overpowered one. Keep going all the way to rank 40!

High-Horse
09-05-2017, 09:17 PM
Playing against Cent isn't that bad, just his punishes are much better than everyone else

Playing as Cent isn't fun at all, but that's my opinion. Like 95% of his strength is built around his punishes. He feels like he just sits there and waits while the punish cutscene video is buffering. If you go offensive with him, his mixups are a little slow, his "openers" kick and charged heavy are easy to avoid. Less punish, more mixup, and ffs NO MORE CUTSCENES

S0Mi_xD
09-05-2017, 09:38 PM
Playing against Cent isn't that bad, just his punishes are much better than everyone else

Playing as Cent isn't fun at all, but that's my opinion. Like 95% of his strength is built around his punishes. He feels like he just sits there and waits while the punish cutscene video is buffering. If you go offensive with him, his mixups are a little slow, his "openers" kick and charged heavy are easy to avoid. Less punish, more mixup, and ffs NO MORE CUTSCENES

That's right - i stay Berserker main, no matter what.
Sure it isn't wrong to try other heroes (i play nearly all, just to not go crazy sometimes ^^)
But most time i put into my Berserker.

High-Horse
09-05-2017, 10:12 PM
That's right - i stay Berserker main, no matter what.
Sure it isn't wrong to try other heroes (i play nearly all, just to not go crazy sometimes ^^)
But most time i put into my Berserker.

Well unfortunately, I've dropped Berserker for Gladiator atm. It's just better in every way, longer range, faster, more harassing. I count 4 extra options on the mixup game which was my favorite part of berserker:

- Toestab
- Skewer
- dodge+GB stun
- feintable Zone

Honestly, it's the moveset every hero needs. I don't mean the moves specifically, but the inputs. Everyone should have something on these inputs unique to that hero:

- Back+GB
- Back+Attack (light or heavy)
- Dodge+GB

More options to keep everyone moving, more things to manage that let skills shine.

S0Mi_xD
09-05-2017, 10:50 PM
Well unfortunately, I've dropped Berserker for Gladiator atm. It's just better in every way, longer range, faster, more harassing. I count 4 extra options on the mixup game which was my favorite part of berserker:

- Toestab
- Skewer
- dodge+GB stun
- feintable Zone

Honestly, it's the moveset every hero needs. I don't mean the moves specifically, but the inputs. Everyone should have something on these inputs unique to that hero:

- Back+GB
- Dodge+GB

More options to keep everyone moving, more things to manage that let skills shine.

Like is said ^^ nothing wrong with this, i am learning Glad aswell, i think he will replace my Valk

CrunaCross
09-06-2017, 03:05 PM

- Toestab
- Skewer
- dodge+GB stun
- feintable Zone

- Back+GB
- Dodge+GB

I don't know... I wouldn't trade my Berserker in for Gladiator. Maybe I would trade my Valk for it. But Berserker vs Gladiator is like 80% win for me so far. I really like fighting Gladiators with Berserker and Kensei. Both get some hyper armor moves, which is infuriating for assassins to put up with, and also they are quite fast to shut down the spam most gladiator players use.

UbiNoty
09-07-2017, 01:23 AM
Big Shug will still always be there, waiting to give you a hug when you need it.
Seriously though, although we haven't talked about it as much of late - shugoki buffs are under construction. I'll ask and see, and hopefully we can give you all some kind of update on it soon.

TSCDescon
09-07-2017, 01:30 AM
Big Shug will still always be there, waiting to give you a hug when you need it.
Seriously though, although we haven't talked about it as much of late - shugoki buffs are under construction. I'll ask and see, and hopefully we can give you all some kind of update on it soon.

Thanks, I guess.

In the meantime, lets cause rage quits as Centurion in 4v4. :P

RenegadeRasta
09-07-2017, 01:47 AM
Another b!tch joins the ranks.

TSCDescon
09-07-2017, 01:48 AM
Another b!tch joins the ranks.

Another b!tch that b!itches.

RenegadeRasta
09-07-2017, 02:00 AM
Like I said.

TSCDescon
09-07-2017, 02:01 AM
Like I said.

Like I said.

SwellChemosabe
09-08-2017, 06:51 AM
LIKE I SAID.... oh wait.....

I've been known to rage at getting beat by a centurion and I know it's just a matter of either playing as or against him more often. But I think we can all agree that he is, at the very least, very frustrating in the game. One mistake is all that's needed for him to punish you, and maybe somewhere in that cut scene of his there's an opportunity (although a very brief one) to escape it, but not everybody has the reflexes to deal with that. I don't play this game 24/7, i'm not a pro gamer by any means and I the only time I sit down to play is when I have any free time on my weekends.

So from the perspective of a casual gamer he is very difficult to deal with a good portion of the time, because I don't have the time to sit there for an entire day with my buddies practicing with however many bots at whatever difficulty or going against the same premade cent team to get that extra experience in.

Any one can say just dodge, git gud, just practice, play as him against him more, etc. but the truth is not everybody is still living with their parents sitting on the couch at all hours of the day waiting till the last minute to do their chores. And not everybody works from home with a comfy job or flexible hours. But most importantly, not everyone takes gaming seriously enough to be the very best at one fighting game against one character.

just my two cents

p-p-pun intended!