PDA

View Full Version : Cent is the only one getting nerfs while the rest are getting buffs. he is a hybrid

Rickster_
09-04-2017, 10:01 PM
Hes not even a full on assassin plus they nerfed all the wrong things on the cent. Why is cent the only one getting nerffed to oblivion when the other assassins are untouched. cent has no mobility compared to the other assassins who can attack you after any dash direction, he doesn't have hyper armor or whatever its called like the berserker and plus the berserker doesn't even have to land his heavy to activate it. They complain about cents top heavy but ignore that berserkers top heavy does the most out of all the heroes especially if he drops you to the floor you are guaranteed to die if not lose a big chunk of your health. their heavy attacks are faster than cents and people complain about cents being fast which you can block and parry more easily than the other assassins. cents zone sucks now since the recent nerf especially since you can't even cancel it but you have pk cancel spamming her zones with a quicker start up. Cent has no health compared to the other assassins two heavys with maxed or nearly maxed out Gear Stats can melt cents health. cent has no range compared to other heroes idk if its because of the recent nerff but his tracking is *** now compared to the others. plus he has no attacks that cause bleed like the other heroes. You can punish cents so easily now i dont get how people still struggle almost every attack of his can be punished if he misses, people don't want to learn his mix ups. cent tracking suck now there were so many times where i was just attacking the air even though my opponent was just 2 meters away but every other character has broken tracking like the kensie's top light i get hit once so im ready to dodge his next i see him go for a top light i dodge and the top light is just fixed on my character and tracks me after i dodged to the left or right and it still hits me. I really don't understand why they are willing to make him unplayable and let the defensive meta and cheesers get away with things that should be punishable.

That_guy44
09-04-2017, 10:09 PM
If you're struggling with berserker, use his short range against him. Back dodge and wait for the parry. Thats what i do.

CrunaCross
09-04-2017, 10:11 PM
"Cheesers"?? Actually Centurion is the biggest cheese of all the classes with the safest kit ever

Antonioj26
09-04-2017, 10:14 PM
"Cheesers"?? Actually Centurion is the biggest cheese of all the classes with the safest kit ever

Nothing safe about his lights, fully charged heavies, kick, jab, or zone. Lights are easy to parry since they are so telegraphed and his slow guard switch, kick is slow, jab is slow, if heavies are fully charged it's a free parry, zone better kill because it's a guaranteed parry now that it's fixed.

Rickster_
09-04-2017, 10:32 PM
Nothing safe about his lights, fully charged heavies, kick, jab, or zone. Lights are easy to parry since they are so telegraphed and his slow guard switch, kick is slow, jab is slow, if heavies are fully charged it's a free parry, zone better kill because it's a guaranteed parry now that it's fixed.

his zone wasn't even broken dude i used that to clear my ground from a 1v3 it was the only way to keep them away since it is easily parry-able now its just useless you can only use it if they are about to die. they should just make it that it can be canceled since it really is useless now.

Antonioj26
09-04-2017, 10:38 PM
his zone wasn't even broken dude i used that to clear my ground from a 1v3 it was the only way to keep them away since it is easily parry-able now its just useless you can only use it if they are about to die. they should just make it that it can be canceled since it really is useless now.

Making an attack unparriable without any indication is broken. Other than that yeah I agree.

Rickster_
09-04-2017, 11:04 PM
Making an attack unparriable without any indication is broken. Other than that yeah I agree.

It was parry-able even if you switched lock ons no you could also block it if you put your guard at the direction you saw him swinging. I parried cents who also did that and i've been parried when i did that. the only ones who im pretty sure complained about that would be the assassins since their that can't even keep their guard up like the rest of the heroes

Antonioj26
09-04-2017, 11:07 PM
It was parry-able even if you switched lock ons no you could also block it if you put your guard at the direction you saw him swinging. I parried cents who also did that and i've been parried when i did that. the only ones who im pretty sure complained about that would be the assassins since their that can't even keep their guard up like the rest of the heroes

If you unlocked it wasn't parriable.

Moondyne_MC
09-04-2017, 11:19 PM
Judging from your post I'm kinda assuming you weren't the multiple feints in a row type anyway, so I take it you're complaining about his unlock zone no longer being able to switch targets? No offence, but if that's a deal breaker for you then get a new character.

Rickster_
09-04-2017, 11:35 PM
Judging from your post I'm kinda assuming you weren't the multiple feints in a row type anyway, so I take it you're complaining about his unlock zone no longer being able to switch targets? No offence, but if that's a deal breaker for you then get a new character.

no you didn't read the title, I don't mind that the unlock got nerfed they should just make it that it can be canceled since its useless in combat, my concern is that he is never gonna get a buff he just gonna get nerfs and unnecessary nerfs while the other heroes get buffs. hes not the only character i use like most of the people complain about him who only want to stick to their assassin characters not trying different ones to fight him with

Moondyne_MC
09-04-2017, 11:50 PM
But he doesn't NEED a buff. He's far and above the single most complained about character in the history of this game. They're finally fixing several bugs with him, so what unnecessary nerfs are you talking about?

Rickster_
09-04-2017, 11:55 PM
But he doesn't NEED a buff. He's far and above the single most complained about character in the history of this game. They're finally fixing several bugs with him, so what unnecessary nerfs are you talking about?

his stamina pool was fine it was and still is the fault of the defensive meta since they want to get free hits off of counter attacks or wall/ground attacks. this goes to any character for the defensive meta

Moondyne_MC
09-05-2017, 12:00 AM
Still no idea what change you're actually complaining about dude. Now you're talking about his stamina pool, the only change I can find regarding Cent stamina is he can no longer feint sixteen times in a row before expending his pool. Somehow I don't think it was ever necessary to have that ability in the first place. Besides, that literally only effects feints, his overall pool hasn't been reduced.

Rickster_
09-05-2017, 12:21 AM
Still no idea what change you're actually complaining about dude. Now you're talking about his stamina pool, the only change I can find regarding Cent stamina is he can no longer feint sixteen times in a row before expending his pool. Somehow I don't think it was ever necessary to have that ability in the first place. Besides, that literally only effects feints, his overall pool hasn't been reduced.

the tracking is also bad now not talking about the one where he leaps at you as you run away, there were so many times my opponent was right in front of me and only 2 meters away and i was just attacking the air

mrmistark
09-05-2017, 12:26 AM
If you compare the whole entire roster to cent the only one that is as strong as him is warlord honestly, though personally I don't think warlord is as strong, but that's just me, I don't have troubles with warlords. Anyways, his heavy into feint gb is worse than pre nerf shoulder bash, his ub heavy tracking can do a literal 360 if you accidentally dodge too early, his wall splat defiantly is the best in the game and though zerk beats him out on oos punish, cent can keep you oos. A parry in most cases is instant exhaustion making his feint into go even more dangerous as if you mis guess either way then you are back to 0 stamina still and are eating a bunch of damage eaither way. Cent is a push over IF you have a healthy stamina pool. But in order to not go oos, which if it doesn't kill you will leave you with very small health once you recover, you have to not get parried or hit with more than 2 ub moves. If you don't think he needs a nerf of some sort then you're crazy. Half the roster NEEDS buffs. Zerker who you think is soooo strong for an assassin can't do anything if the opponent turtles. Kensei can only use his feint game assuming his chain isn't interrupted which getting 2 lights off is not happening which makes him super weak as well. Nobushi is super telegraphed and is slower than cent in most cases, that or she's just so much more telegraphed it simply feels like it. Cent ISNT an assassin, quit trying to compare him to them, cause for a HYBRID his heavies are fast, almost as fast as an assassins. He has an opening like a conqueror, stamina drain like a raider and feint game of a kenseis heavy finisher. He simply has too many things going for him.

Antonioj26
09-05-2017, 12:30 AM
the tracking is also bad now not talking about the one where he leaps at you as you run away, there were so many times my opponent was right in front of me and only 2 meters away and i was just attacking the air

Have any proof that its been changed?

Rickster_
09-05-2017, 12:45 AM
If you compare the whole entire roster to cent the only one that is as strong as him is warlord honestly, though personally I don't think warlord is as strong, but that's just me, I don't have troubles with warlords. Anyways, his heavy into feint gb is worse than pre nerf shoulder bash, his ub heavy tracking can do a literal 360 if you accidentally dodge too early, his wall splat defiantly is the best in the game and though zerk beats him out on oos punish, cent can keep you oos. A parry in most cases is instant exhaustion making his feint into go even more dangerous as if you mis guess either way then you are back to 0 stamina still and are eating a bunch of damage eaither way. Cent is a push over IF you have a healthy stamina pool. But in order to not go oos, which if it doesn't kill you will leave you with very small health once you recover, you have to not get parried or hit with more than 2 ub moves. If you don't think he needs a nerf of some sort then you're crazy. Half the roster NEEDS buffs. Zerker who you think is soooo strong for an assassin can't do anything if the opponent turtles. Kensei can only use his feint game assuming his chain isn't interrupted which getting 2 lights off is not happening which makes him super weak as well. Nobushi is super telegraphed and is slower than cent in most cases, that or she's just so much more telegraphed it simply feels like it. Cent ISNT an assassin, quit trying to compare him to them, cause for a HYBRID his heavies are fast, almost as fast as an assassins. He has an opening like a conqueror, stamina drain like a raider and feint game of a kenseis heavy finisher. He simply has too many things going for him.

but thats the thing his hybrid is between vanguard and assassin, just because he doesn't let you spam heavies doesn't mean he needs a nerf so you could. Zerk can hyper armor any character. Nobushi just cheeses you after bleed damage, kensie is not trouble to me i was comparing his tracking to cents. you pointed out that the problem is the turtles which are still a thing not the characters fault its the defensive meta stuff.

Rickster_
09-05-2017, 12:48 AM
Have any proof that its been changed?

when i encounter it ill make a clip of it. it is a thing his tracking is **** compared to the other characters

mrmistark
09-05-2017, 12:54 AM
The point of being a turtle was to show that zerk has not a single opener option. He has no attack you need to parry, no kick shove etc. you need to dodge so it's funny you think he's so strong. It's not the characters fault someone turtles but whether it's your fault or not doesn't change the fact that his kit is lacking. I don't know how you get "cheesed after bleed damage" from nobushi but ok. Kenseis soft feint heavy finisher into side heavy, tracking may be similar to cents many tracking moves, but unlike cents way more ridiculous ub heavy tracking. he has no follow up stamina drain and extra damage after the fact. The fact is he is just not balanced and the nerfs are an attempt to balance him. He has too many things that make him stronger than the rest of the characters. Notice that's why we are comparing many characters strengths with his: those characters only have those strengths which make them not a complete waste of space while he has each of these strengths. That is why we are having this convo in the first place: why cent is getting nerfed while others are getting a buff.

Lyskir
09-05-2017, 12:57 AM
what Cent nerf?

they tickled him with a tiny feint nerf, thats it

Rickster_
09-05-2017, 01:07 AM
what Cent nerf?

they tickled him with a tiny feint nerf, thats it

his tracking for his heavies suck not from this recent patch

Antonioj26
09-05-2017, 01:12 AM
his tracking for his heavies suck not from this recent patch

You keep saying this but with no proof to back this up.

kweassa1
09-05-2017, 01:16 AM
Nothing changed with his tracking because

there is no such thing as "tracking"

The regular cent-whiner idiots in these forums complain as if "tracking" makes Cent attacks hit despite a good dodge.

You complain that his 'tracking' became bad and it cannot hit something it should.

You're BOTH wrong in that there is no "tracking" in this game, and it's either you dodge at the right timing or the wrong timing. If you dodge at the wrong timing it could spin around for 720 degrees or some shi* for all I care, and it would still hit, if you dodge at the right timing it doesn't matter if the sword goes straight through one's head or does a Jerry Lewis number inside your guts -- it doesn't land.

mrmistark
09-05-2017, 01:26 AM
Nothing changed with his tracking because

there is no such thing as "tracking"

The regular cent-whiner idiots in these forums complain as if "tracking" makes Cent attacks hit despite a good dodge.

You complain that his 'tracking' became bad and it cannot hit something it should.

You're BOTH wrong in that there is no "tracking" in this game, and it's either you dodge at the right timing or the wrong timing. If you dodge at the wrong timing it could spin around for 720 degrees or some shi* for all I care, and it would still hit, if you dodge at the right timing it doesn't matter if the sword goes straight through one's head or does a Jerry Lewis number inside your guts -- it doesn't land.

Great insight... but by definition tracking would be how great of a distance or angle an attack can make from where by reasonable rules of physics in the real world the hit should or should not hit. I understand what you're saying, but there is literally videos of a cent doing a legit 180 degree turn in the air to hit an orochi. Again, I agree with what you say a good dodge is a good dodge, but to say tracking doesn't exist doesn't make sense, because tracking is what makes such irrational curvature of a mid air attack land despite there being no possible way in real life it would hit. By definition that's what we are talking about and the fact that each character has different tracking for different moves does make the argument of tracking a valid one.

Vakris_One
09-05-2017, 01:51 AM
What Cent nerfs is the OP talking about? The only nerfs that are incoming so far are the ones to the Warlord that cut off his balls.

kweassa1
09-05-2017, 02:01 AM
Great insight... but by definition tracking would be how great of a distance or angle an attack can make from where by reasonable rules of physics in the real world the hit should or should not hit. I understand what you're saying, but there is literally videos of a cent doing a legit 180 degree turn in the air to hit an orochi. Again, I agree with what you say a good dodge is a good dodge, but to say tracking doesn't exist doesn't make sense, because tracking is what makes such irrational curvature of a mid air attack land despite there being no possible way in real life it would hit. By definition that's what we are talking about and the fact that each character has different tracking for different moves does make the argument of tracking a valid one.

Except FH hit-miss calculation doesn't use real life physics or real life visual representation. It uses codes and variable calculation, and the hit/miss doesn't occur when the visual "hit box" does or does not make contact with the visual target. What you see in the game is a visual illusion
of what happens behind the scenes... the visuals don't represent real life. It represents what's simulated through the code and rules.

So it doesn't matter if you got your back against a wall and somebody decides to cut you in half from top to bottom, or if a great big swing is coming split your waist. If you dodge at the right timing, then you evade. If you don't, you're hit.

https://youtu.be/cD2mhq7r39Q

https://youtu.be/VCxmR4EZB5A

In "real life" people don't shrug off hits to their head because they have a health meter. So stop using 'real life' as an excuse. This is a game. It's got its own set of rules set by the ones who made it. And under those rules, what decides a hit and what not very clear -- it's the timing.

...and there is no 'tracking'.

ChampionRuby50g
09-05-2017, 02:20 AM
kweassa1, which one of my feats are unfair? You said you'd let me know, and I'm still waiting. I really wanna know so I can make my gaming experience as fair as possible for everyone I come across! :rolleyes:

mrmistark
09-05-2017, 02:39 AM
Again, there is tracking because each character has a different range of movement that thier moves can continue to follow an enemy regardless of dodges at the right time or not. For instance, cent can catch you even if you roll while the same cannot be said about any other character. I understand real life physics have nothing to do with this game, but that is by definition what tracking is, how far you can "stretch the boundaries" of what you shouldn't be able to do in reality. The reality and believability part like you said has jack to do with it, but the distance the cent is able to stretch his ub heavy is undeniably much greater than any other character. You can say "tracking doesn't exist because it's all the dodge timing" which isn't wrong, but the difference is he has no boundaries of distance or direction after his ub heavy locks on during start up unless you do dodge at the right moment. This cannot be said again, by other heros. That is why despite your agreeable argument of it only matters when you dodge, I still believe that tracking is still a topic of discussion.

kweassa1
09-05-2017, 07:19 AM
kweassa1, which one of my feats are unfair? You said you'd let me know, and I'm still waiting. I really wanna know so I can make my gaming experience as fair as possible for everyone I come across! :rolleyes:

Anything you have what the other does not is "unfair".

Take a hint, sheesh.

Camemberto
09-05-2017, 07:52 AM
...and there is no 'tracking'.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VFJsahVHD7A

What would you call this then?

Moondyne_MC
09-05-2017, 10:22 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VFJsahVHD7A

What would you call this then?

Silly animations is what I call it. Think about it this way - hypothetically, if a Shugo were to perform his insanely slow, fully charged top heavy attack, and you side dodged it as soon as you saw him charge up, he would reposition himself and whack you straight on the head, because you dodged far too early. The same thing occurs with a lot of Cent moves, but they seem so ridiculous to us because of the amount of distance he covers (and the fact that sometimes he repositions midair).

If he were standing still it'd all seem perfectly normal, but because animations can't always make perfect sense if you want a balanced game (shush, I know), hence why you have aeroplane Cents.

IMO if they simply reduced the amount of distance travelled for a few of the Cent's moves, his whole tracking issue wouldn't look nearly as bad.

Edit: looks like to me that the Cent was trying to do some unlock tech to you, hence the stupid looking 360

Aarpian
09-05-2017, 12:17 PM
Hes not even a full on assassin plus they nerfed all the wrong things on the cent. Why is cent the only one getting nerffed to oblivion when the other assassins are untouched. cent has no mobility compared to the other assassins who can attack you after any dash direction, he doesn't have hyper armor or whatever its called like the berserker and plus the berserker doesn't even have to land his heavy to activate it. They complain about cents top heavy but ignore that berserkers top heavy does the most out of all the heroes especially if he drops you to the floor you are guaranteed to die if not lose a big chunk of your health. their heavy attacks are faster than cents and people complain about cents being fast which you can block and parry more easily than the other assassins. cents zone sucks now since the recent nerf especially since you can't even cancel it but you have pk cancel spamming her zones with a quicker start up. Cent has no health compared to the other assassins two heavys with maxed or nearly maxed out Gear Stats can melt cents health. cent has no range compared to other heroes idk if its because of the recent nerff but his tracking is *** now compared to the others. plus he has no attacks that cause bleed like the other heroes. You can punish cents so easily now i dont get how people still struggle almost every attack of his can be punished if he misses, people don't want to learn his mix ups. cent tracking suck now there were so many times where i was just attacking the air even though my opponent was just 2 meters away but every other character has broken tracking like the kensie's top light i get hit once so im ready to dodge his next i see him go for a top light i dodge and the top light is just fixed on my character and tracks me after i dodged to the left or right and it still hits me. I really don't understand why they are willing to make him unplayable and let the defensive meta and cheesers get away with things that should be punishable.

What the **** is this wall of garbage?

mrmistark
09-05-2017, 01:44 PM
I think honestly the whole post, which in comments we have boiled down to you being upset because they "nerf his tracking and it is now ****" has come down to you being obvious and not mixing up your moves and people just wisening up and dodging at the correct time to all his ub moves. There is no nerf to his tracking and you can read through and listen to all the dev streams on this very sight and see that no such change has been made. It's just people reacting accordingly and more people in the past 3 months learning the correct dodge timing. I have read through all cent changes since he came out yesterday for you, and there has been no such nerf.

PDXGorechild
09-05-2017, 02:02 PM
Firstly, Rickster_, you'll need to structure your posts a bit better if you want people to take them seriously.

Secondly, Centurion isn't an assassin, his health is around the same as the Berserkers I think, who is the toughest assassin. (But not tough compared to most classes). Complaining about Berserker's hyper armour from the perspective of a Centurion is like complaining about your enemy having bows and arrows when you have a machine gun. The Cent's kit is insane - Fast heavies, 4 unblockables, cut scene attacks, insane stamina drain, minimal stamina usage, and is widely considered to be up there with the most overpowered classes, if not THE most now that Warlord took a beating. This post just says to me that you need to learn to play better.

S.J.Lannister
09-05-2017, 02:11 PM

I see it now,

You came from the future right? In 2021 Centurion Was nerfed to the ground so you used Time Machine to get back and write about it. Tell me will I have another wife in Future? Will North Korea destroy USA? Tell us, Traveler :)

Dambrake
09-05-2017, 05:20 PM
centurion only needs one parry to get most characters out of stamina, because then he can kick and punch:

https://www.reddit.com/r/forhonor/comments/6c45q5/1_centurion_parry_is_enough_to_get_most/

If you analize what the other heroes can do with a parry, it's unfair. You need much less skill to play Centurion than any other hero, because you can keep your enemy out of stamina easily. And if that wasn't enough, the tracking when he flies is insane. Yesterday i just saw a Cent do a 270 in Dominion! So i searched for any similars videos and i found this one. It happens at 0:19:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lAU0tlcafoY

And feinting doesn't guarantee anything, because his first heavy attack is very very fast. I know it takes practice to learn how to defeat any hero, but this one has big combinations of punishing chains that end up with the enemy being OOS the entire fight if 1 mistake is made. His grab, for example, where he can drain your stamina AND throw you after that, like the Peacekeeper with bleed, while other heroes can only attack OR throw.
Centurion is just too easy to play with and reinforces the defensive meta because you really dont wanna get parried.
I know other heroes have their stupid ****, but centurions has the biggest problems combined and it is really not fun to play against one

SenBotsu893
09-05-2017, 05:38 PM
centurion has not recieved a single nerf. all that was done is bugfixing.

the things that got removed have been basically unintended to beginn with.

and if you think cent is bad after some bugfixing you obvoiusly dont know how to play him. he still has guaranteed damage after guarnateed damage. the insane stamina advantage. and the best parrypunish in the game.

Tyrjo
09-05-2017, 05:44 PM
This is a troll topic by OP. Stop posting here and move on.

S.J.Lannister
09-05-2017, 07:13 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lAU0tlcafoY

Why didn't he dodge that? ;) He should probably git gud. Centurion is fine.

Antonioj26
09-05-2017, 07:16 PM
Why didn't he dodge that? ;) He should probably git gud. Centurion is fine.

Or got the free parry but bad players are gonna bad, nothing new.

S0Mi_xD
09-05-2017, 07:25 PM
Silly animations is what I call it. Think about it this way - hypothetically, if a Shugo were to perform his insanely slow, fully charged top heavy attack, and you side dodged it as soon as you saw him charge up, he would reposition himself and whack you straight on the head, because you dodged far too early. The same thing occurs with a lot of Cent moves, but they seem so ridiculous to us because of the amount of distance he covers (and the fact that sometimes he repositions midair).

If he were standing still it'd all seem perfectly normal, but because animations can't always make perfect sense if you want a balanced game (shush, I know), hence why you have aeroplane Cents.

IMO if they simply reduced the amount of distance travelled for a few of the Cent's moves, his whole tracking issue wouldn't look nearly as bad.

Edit: looks like to me that the Cent was trying to do some unlock tech to you, hence the stupid looking 360

Nope, just attacked a dead character, happens to me many times with Berserker, when i don't stop attacking after i already killed the enemy - you are still locked on to the enemy, but there is no charactermodel to hit, thats why it tracks the invisible model and spinns around ^^.

kbvlcvfkhgc
09-05-2017, 10:28 PM

LOL! is this guy for real?

I've been tracked across three continents while in disguise. rolling left, right, forward & backward and the Centurion still connected with me?

if your looking for sympathy for the Centurion my friend your not going to find any here,

UbiJurassic
09-06-2017, 01:11 AM
Centurion is widely considered a very difficult hero to play against. The player feedback supporting this is overwhelming, to say the least. Last week, our Creative Director stated that while Centurion may not be the best hero, we will be looking at ways to make the hero less frustrating for players to play against. As always, we'll continue to collect feedback for the team and we gladly appreciate players who take the time to voice and discuss their opinions regarding game balance.

Tundra 793
09-06-2017, 01:17 AM
Centurion is widely considered a very difficult hero to play against. The player feedback supporting this is overwhelming, to say the least. Last week, our Creative Director stated that while Centurion may not be the best hero, we will be looking at ways to make the hero less frustrating for players to play against. As always, we'll continue to collect feedback for the team and we gladly appreciate players who take the time to voice and discuss their opinions regarding game balance.

I can't accurately articulate how disheartening it is to see Ubisoft Officials write stuff like this man.

We've been saying this **** about the Centurion since day 1, literally. And now, months later, you're still just like "We're looking at it". Stop looking at data, start doing weekly PTR tests with him, get the players involved and you could fix him in a week with a bit of effort.

S0Mi_xD
09-06-2017, 01:43 AM
I can't accurately articulate how disheartening it is to see Ubisoft Officials write stuff like this man.

We've been saying this **** about the Centurion since day 1, literally. And now, months later, you're still just like "We're looking at it". Stop looking at data, start doing weekly PTR tests with him, get the players involved and you could fix him in a week with a bit of effort.

Thats right, but looks like balancing has a low priority for the For Honor team.

Linnix1
09-06-2017, 01:52 AM
Ubi's priorities
1.Steel sales
2. DLC Sales
3. Ornaments
4. Tournement Livestream.
5. Balancing

kweassa1
09-06-2017, 01:55 AM
Balance goes both ways.

If you suck, there's simply no amount "balancing" that's going to help you. Harsh but true facts of fighting games.

And judging by the general tendency of complaints about the Cent, its definitely a L2P issue.

Linnix1
09-06-2017, 02:08 AM
True just like how Acidic alien in MKX was a L2P issue. And Batgirl in Injustice. And Level 3 x-factor dark pheniox in MvC3. And Kokonoe in BB CP 1.0. And Aquaman in Injustice 2. And Arakune in BB CF.

Antonioj26
09-06-2017, 02:39 AM
True just like how Acidic alien in MKX was a L2P issue. And Batgirl in Injustice. And Level 3 x-factor dark pheniox in MvC3. And Kokonoe in BB CP 1.0. And Aquaman in Injustice 2. And Arakune in BB CF.

Good examples of everyone in the competitive community acknowledging that all those characters were overpowered. I'm afraid you'll find the opposite with cent.

Linnix1
09-06-2017, 02:51 AM
Don't know what you mean. There were plenty of people defending those characters during the tournements. And most of the time it was the long time players of the series

kweassa1
09-06-2017, 03:00 AM
Don't know what you mean. There were plenty of people defending those characters during the tournements. And most of the time it was the long time players of the series

If longetivity of game play means you should believe whatever they say, then why aren't you believing players like me or Antonio whose been around since Centurion launch tell you that it's not OP?

Gee, didn't take too long to examine THAT flaw in your agument, huh. :D

Linnix1
09-06-2017, 03:03 AM
Because you foam at the mouth like rabid dogs and scream he isn't. And I also include in that play time did they achieve any major tournement standing and to me knowledge niether of you have. If you have please correct me here

Antonioj26
09-06-2017, 03:07 AM

Yeah and they were also using them to win those tournaments which you don't see with cent

Linnix1
09-06-2017, 03:11 AM
You mean like the guy that got number 2 in the last tourney

Antonioj26
09-06-2017, 03:12 AM
You mean like the guy that got number 2 in the last tourney

If one guy is your only evidence then we should start with nobu since she actually won it.

Linnix1
09-06-2017, 03:22 AM
Meh spill of the moment stuff happens and the factor of low tier pick confusion happens. Like how a crystaline tremor got to finals in a MKX tournement.

Antonioj26
09-06-2017, 03:25 AM
Meh spill of the moment stuff happens and the factor of low tier pick confusion happens. Like how a crystaline tremor got to finals in a MKX tournement.

It's astonishing how you can come to that conclusion with nobu but not cent.

Howard_T_J
09-06-2017, 03:29 AM
Probably the worst design flaw i've ever heard of was said right here in this thread.

The cent's charged attacks do not choose its destination until the charge is released. You're target distance should be compromised once you start charging.

And I'm assuming this is why I get the 180 to 360 degree stabs/kicks. If you pull your sword back and i manage to get to your back side. And it still hits me... yeah... design flaw

Linnix1
09-06-2017, 03:34 AM
Cent different because the top players fight him regularly due to just how the playerbase is. The tops don't trains to fight cent. Cent just comes to them by passive Netplay on duels. Nobushi's players are a rare species and should be cherished whenever you fight then cause chances are you won't see one for a long time.

Antonioj26
09-06-2017, 03:47 AM
Cent different because the top players fight him regularly due to just how the playerbase is. The tops don't trains to fight cent. Cent just comes to them by passive Netplay on duels. Nobushi's players are a rare species and should be cherished whenever you fight then cause chances are you won't see one for a long time.

Just keep on moving those goal posts, buddy.

Linnix1
09-06-2017, 03:51 AM
Same to you

Antonioj26
09-06-2017, 03:58 AM
Same to you

But I'm not. Centurion is garbage at competitive levels. He's a noob stomper, nothing more. That's even more true now than before since his light parry and wall combo was nerfed this last patch.

Linnix1
09-06-2017, 04:05 AM
Then answer me why did he place second in a tournement full if the games best if he's so garbage

Antonioj26
09-06-2017, 04:13 AM
Then answer me why did he place second in a tournement full if the games best if he's so garbage

One centurion getting second place in one tournament doesn't mean he's on warlord or pks level just like one nobu getting first place in one tournament doesn't mean she's on warlord or pks level.

Linnix1
09-06-2017, 04:18 AM
But it shouldn't have even happened in the first place if your saying he's as useless as you say he is. Before the tournement the most used characters were most likely Warlord, Warden, Raider. And Cent due to him just being a popular pick. Nobushi's was as rare as unicorns. The pros knew how to fight cent as well as warlord due to how many cents they had to have run into while training for the tournament same with warlord and Raiders but they held there own due to how strong they are. Nobushi no one even thought one was gonna show up at the tournament not the players, not Ubi, and especially not the viewers. So no one knew the exact timing for nobushi's attacks by heart like they do for warlord raider and cent.

kweassa1
09-06-2017, 06:11 AM
But it shouldn't have even happened in the first place if your saying he's as useless as you say he is. Before the tournement the most used characters were most likely Warlord, Warden, Raider. And Cent due to him just being a popular pick. Nobushi's was as rare as unicorns. The pros knew how to fight cent as well as warlord due to how many cents they had to have run into while training for the tournament same with warlord and Raiders but they held there own due to how strong they are. Nobushi no one even thought one was gonna show up at the tournament not the players, not Ubi, and especially not the viewers. So no one knew the exact timing for nobushi's attacks by heart like they do for warlord raider and cent.

...and if we use the same logic, obviously the Nobushi is the best class in the game?

You're grasping at straws here and I don't think you're that stupid to not know it.

Isolated events or irregularities happen. A down-trodden underdog sometimes gets the top-dog in an upsetting set of events. According to what the community has established for the last 7 months, a relatively low-tier Shugoki would never had a chance against a top-level PK, and the Raider with his problematic 50-50 stampede charge should have had much better results than others -- except in the season3 tournament, Sipher's Shugoki beat a top-level PK, and the Raider player despite abusing the stampede charge like hell, didn't do so well.

It's an ISOLATED event.

If you're interested in the larger view of what's going on, go to fhtracker and try looking up top skill rating players in ALL platforms for duels, and then try counting up how many of them are Centurion mains and how well they do with them. You'd be surprised, because I was surprised as well. I actually looked it up, and the reason I was surprised was there were even LESS Centurion mains in the top 50 or top 100 skill-rating players that mained a Cent, or much less even USE them in duels.

The Cent has only one thing going for him, and it's the parry combos which reward either a wall-flop "65 combo" or a plain "65 combo". Everything else he has is just OFF from the current meta of the game and how it is played. The current meta consists of TWO main elements which is solid defense/parries and BAITING tactics using heavy feints. Of the two, the Centurion is in a warped, abnormal situation where the former element is proportionately much too big, while at the same time having almost 0 "baiting" capabilities.

In other words against cents who know their shi*, the fight always degenerates down to a mid-range staring contest where the side that got in about 2~3 parries before the other guy wins... and in that contest, the cent's got NO baiting at all. So it becomes down to a fight between a well-rounded class that needs 3 parries to defeat a Centurion with ALL of the current baiting techniques at his disposal, versus a Centurion that needs ONE less parries = only two parries to succeed to win the game, with ZERO baiting techniques to use.

Hence, most masterful cent players don't make use of ANY of the stuff people usually complain about in these forums.

What they do is the "old-school turtling" which people used to do back in February or March, during the times when the general tactics of using heavu-feint-GBs weren't fully developed/fleshed-out yet. They use OLD style turtling because they CAN'T use the current style of turtling.

That's how that guy in season3 premier tournament got to second place. Go look up the match between Sipher's Shugoki and the Centurion, and you can REALLY see Sipher getting angry after losing a few rounds because literally the Cent guy has like ZERO attacks -- everything he does is sorely reactive, and Sipher's face goes red after a while. In the latter rounds, you can immediately tell Sipher decided to show his feeling of contempt by doing exactly the SAME THING with his Shugoki... no attacks, no aggressiveness, just pure 100% reactive, and that round, the Cent couldn't do ANYTHING and it ended in a draw.

The only reason allernakin won with his Nobushi is ...guess what, against a class that relies solely on old-style turtling with 100% reactive parry gameplay, he abused unparriable tech. (Well, to be fair allernakin's general level of defense is phenomenal to say the least, but he's got to attack at some point to win, and like ALL of his crucial attacks were unlock-tech abuse.)

so, to sum it up...

(1) in a fight that's at the least above average level, a fight between a cent becomes a fight where he gets 2 parries and he wins, or you get 3 and you win. It can be said the parry-punish factor is indeed TOO strong for the cent, but it's not without a catch, and in a parry game the cent's got a very large tactical disadvantage. In general the odds are actually a bit against the cent in most cases, and the fight is almost purely a contest of who is the better parrier.

(2) most shi* people complain about in the forums is how the cent does so many consecutive attacks and combos and throws and knockback kick and imperial ight and quickthrows and bullshi* "tracking" and blablablabla all that shi* ... and this is only a concern in [b]LOW LEVEL, LOW SKILL FIGHTS. Go straight back to the top of this post and read it carefully again, and the entire reason higher-level cent players rely on old-style turtling is because in higher levels nobody falls for all that combos and 'tracking' shi* in the first place. Those are all countered -- and usually easily.

That's why Cent players don't have "anything else" than to rely on ONE weapon that outshines all other classes, and that's the parry punishes, and their best shot of capitalizing it is by doing the boring, old-school turtling and dragging the fight down to a parry-contest.

(ps) ...and oh yeah... that parry punish is destined to go poof within the year unless the devs totally go belly-up with the defensive meta-fix direction. So in essence, the Centurion's days are numbered.

Specialkha
09-06-2017, 07:09 AM
Not really, since a heavy parry will probably do not grant free dmg anymore after def meta fix, Cent can just heavy charged his way to victory.

Linnix1
09-06-2017, 08:03 AM
The rare nobushi applies to shugoki as well. How.many shugs does a guy fight compared to cent or warlord. And your telling me the top players the guys that know this game in and out can't beat one of the weakest characters just because she has a little unblockable tech. Why should I trust there word on what's strong or not then. And your right in higher level play no one falls for that tracking combo stuff cent does so why is he number 2 in the tourney then if these top players that say he was bad can't even do what they say you should do. And no it shouldn't be a isolated event it's the first legit tournement cent was aloud to attend on the normal roster his performance in it should be taken as data on how strong the class is. That's why tournements are held so the devs can see who to adjust.

kweassa1
09-06-2017, 08:10 AM
Not really, since a heavy parry will probably do not grant free dmg anymore after def meta fix, Cent can just heavy charged his way to victory.

If you're a scrub maybe. In above-average level fights, cents don't want to give out free parries, even if the only punish is lights.

Specialkha
09-06-2017, 08:15 AM
Heavy parry will not grant anything except a return to neutral stance. Then why just no spam it? Add a little mix up, ggez.

kweassa1
09-06-2017, 08:20 AM
The rare nobushi applies to shugoki as well. How.many shugs does a guy fight compared to cent or warlord. And your telling me the top players the guys that know this game in and out can't beat one of the weakest characters just because she has a little unblockable tech. Why should I trust there word on what's strong or not then.

Because you don't trust "my word", is why I'm recommending for you to do a little research, ask around and see how many centurions have won all the past tournaments since May... as well as recommending you look up the highest duel skill-rating players in FH as of current, and see how many of them have reached their high skill rating with a Cent.

What harm could there be in doing a little research to find out whether you're wrong or right? :)

And your right in higher level play no one falls for that tracking combo stuff cent does so why is he number 2 in the tourney then if these top players that say he was bad can't even do what they say you should do.

Does the word "isolated event" ring any bells?

And no it shouldn't be a isolated event it's the first legit tournement cent was aloud to attend on the normal roster his performance in it should be taken as data on how strong the class is. That's why tournements are held so the devs can see who to adjust.

And how many tournaments have you seen a centurion win other than this one? (Come to think of it, he didn't win, did he. LOL)

Your use of the term "legit" here, simply means "something I've seen", doesn't it? Are you saying all the other tournaments for the last 3 months are useless and non-legit? Was it rigged? Illegal? Are you saying the top-50, top-100 skill rating player stats in fhtracker is not legit?

You have this tiny, tiny amount of data in your hands, while others are suggesting you dive in deeper to see what other data exists... and you're absolutely terrified of going there and finding out that you are wrong, aren't you? :)

kweassa1
09-06-2017, 08:24 AM
Heavy parry will not grant anything except a return to neutral stance. Then why just no spam it? Add a little mix up, ggez.

The cent has 110 HP. You try that shi* against a Kensei and get parried 5 times and that's 100 HP gone. Do it against the standard 15 damage light classes and 75 HP gone, 68% of your health pool.

You sure you want to go down that path?

Specialkha
09-06-2017, 08:27 AM
What are you talking about? I am talking when the def meta fix will be in place. Get lost, kid.

kweassa1
09-06-2017, 08:31 AM
What are you talking about? I am talking when the def meta fix will be in place. Get lost, kid.

Did you even try the meta-fix? ROFL

Oh wait... this is golden. You're saying this because you think the heavy parry in the latest version of defensive meta-fixes has absolutely no guaranteed damage at all, aren't you! LOLLLOLOLOL

How sorry are you willing to be, about a fact that you either have no idea of, or got seriously confused about?

You gonna be man enough to admit your mistake? LOOOLOLOLOL

Specialkha
09-06-2017, 08:38 AM
? If parry still guarantees any kind of dmg, the def meta won't be fix. It does not take a science rocket degree to realize that. Would not be surprising if Ubisoft screws this up, but wait & see.

Linnix1
09-06-2017, 08:41 AM
This has been the only constructed formal tournement since cents release that has been held. The fact you think online tournements on Netplay proves that I can't take you seriously. Every monkey and his uncle knows that Netplay doesn't not equal game balance when it comes to fighters. The ranking system in all fighters are a scued representation of how the player plays. Also fun fact my entire standing is built off of yours of Cent being a learn to play issue these pros have had an entire season to learn to fight cent so quit dodging the question by bringing up Netplay tournements that mean as much as the trash in you garbage can and answer me Why did the pros let Centurion a character that is one of the most played characters next to warlord, warden, and raider place second in a tournement that had a cash pot of 10k enforcing the fact they tried there hardest.

kweassa1
09-06-2017, 08:46 AM
This has been the only constructed formal tournement since cents release that has been held. The fact you think online tournements on Netplay proves that I can't take you seriously. Every monkey and his uncle knows that Netplay doesn't not equal game balance when it comes to fighters. The ranking system in all fighters are a scued representation of how the player plays. Also fun fact my entire standing is built off of yours of Cent being a learn to play issue these pros have had an entire season to learn to fight cent so quit dodging the question by bringing up Netplay tournements that mean as much as the trash in you garbage can and answer me Why did the pros let Centurion a character that is one of the most played characters next to warlord, warden, and raider place second in a tournement that had a cash pot of 10k enforcing the fact they tried there hardest.

..except for the fact essentially same people, same streamers play all those online tournaments as well... and the "constructed tournament" basically has no difference in form or otherwise with other tournaments.

I really like how you're squirming as hard as you can to just throw away scores of tournament results played by essentially the same competitive group of people before hand, and just so desperately cling on to the ONE, SINGLE tournament that was streamed live that fits your view (...which I'm guessing also probably means is the only tournament you've ever seen in your life.)..

...and the sad, sad irony is even in that tournament the cent didn't win 1st place. ROOORORORORFL, and the bug-laden Nobushi won 1st place, which competitive players generally consider as the bottom of the bottom tier.

So your centurion isn't even OP as muc as the Nobushi, huh! :D

kweassa1
09-06-2017, 08:48 AM
? If parry still guarantees any kind of dmg, the def meta won't be fix. It does not take a science rocket degree to realize that. Would not be surprising if Ubisoft screws this up, but wait & see.

Which is basically an admission that you don't have a shi* of a clue as to what the actual defensive meta-fix was when it was live on the test server, and just ran your mouth off without knowing the factual details, right?

Xaviloga
09-06-2017, 08:48 AM
Love to see how a couple persons trying to convince a whole comunity that a hero is not OP, the hero is fne as he is at this moment. If hes not OP, hes annoying as hell to play against. Many people left the game cause of him. And more will do the same. Again, dunno if hes OP or not, but the character somehow is hurting the game. And if you do nothing, the nothing will change it.

Linnix1
09-06-2017, 08:49 AM
If anyone's squirming it's you. Ubi's tournaments are held in localized areas to reduce lag and input delay to the maximum possibility the players in a unique hosted tournement are playing the game at it's.peak performance. The streamers can get close but not that close. Again answer the question

Specialkha
09-06-2017, 08:50 AM
..except for the fact essentially same people, same streamers play all those online tournaments as well... and the "constructed tournament" basically has no difference in form or otherwise with other tournaments.

I really like how you're squirming as hard as you can to just throw away scores of tournament results played by essentially the same competitive group of people before hand, and just so desperately cling on to the ONE, SINGLE tournament that was streamed live that fits your view (...which I'm guessing also probably means is the only tournament you've ever seen in your life.)..

...and the sad, sad irony is even in that tournament the cent didn't win 1st place. ROOORORORORFL, and the bug-laden Nobushi won 1st place, which competitive players generally consider as the bottom of the bottom tier.

So your centurion isn't even OP as muc as the Nobushi, huh! :D

The Nobushi won by cheating while the cent played legit, btw.

Specialkha
09-06-2017, 08:52 AM
Which is basically an admission that you don't have a shi* of a clue as to what the actual defensive meta-fix was when it was live on the test server, and just ran your mouth off without knowing the factual details, right?

So free dmg after parry is ok for you?

kweassa1
09-06-2017, 08:55 AM
Love to see how a couple persons trying to convince a whole comunity that a hero is not OP, the hero is fne as he is at this moment.

Fortunately, skill and balance issues aren't a democracy, and the masses and hordes of people in PvP games are generally idiots.. [b]a la the recent news of the Warlord nerfs.[/b

If hes not OP, hes annoying as hell to play against.

I find Lawbringers annoying as hell to play against. So I guess that justifies my fantasies of getting them castrated by totally removing EVERY shove move they have, huh. I also find Orochis and their dodge attacks totally annoying whenever it hits me. Doesn't matter I usually parry those easily, just that when it does happen, it's frickin' annoying and I feel stupid for falling for it. So let's remove them. Shug headbutts are totally annoying as heck as well, so it needs to be removed... Berserker feints annoy the heck out of me.. get rid of those... Wardens annoy me by their existence alone... delete from game please.

See where this is headed at?

Many people left the game cause of him. And more will do the same. Again, dunno if hes OP or not, but the character somehow is hurting the game. And if you do nothing, the nothing will change it.

Yeah? How many left?

If you're claiming people left in numbers large enough to have "hurt" the game somehow, you must know some insider information, huh.

So exactly how did they "hurt" the game by how much?

kweassa1
09-06-2017, 08:56 AM
So free dmg after parry is ok for you?

How about an admission of ignorance before we just move on?

Specialkha
09-06-2017, 08:56 AM
Fortunately, skill and balance issues aren't a democracy, and the masses and hordes of people in PvP games are generally idiots.. [b]a la the recent news of the Warlord nerfs.[/b

I find Lawbringers annoying as hell to play against. So I guess that justifies my fantasies of getting them castrated by totally removing EVERY shove move they have, huh.

Yeah? How many left?

If you're claiming people left in numbers large enough to have "hurt" the game somehow, you must know some insider information, huh.

Only a few ppl finds LB annoying, while most of the community finds Cent annoying.

Xaviloga
09-06-2017, 09:01 AM
If you get comunity feedback you will realize that most ppl find a fight against Centurion unfun. Whats the point to play an unfun game?.

kweassa1
09-06-2017, 09:01 AM
Only a few ppl finds LB annoying, while most of the community finds Cent annoying.

If you can compare "many" and "few" as a relative size, you must have some grounds for it, huh.

How many each? :D

(ps) I'm still not hearing an admission that you assumed wrong and talked about something you didn't really know about, yet. Are we gonna keep discussing things where you are proven wrong, and you'll just simply choose to ignore it and continue arguing more points which you cannot prove at all?

kweassa1
09-06-2017, 09:05 AM
If you get comunity feedback you will realize that most ppl find a fight against Centurion unfun. Whats the point to play an unfun game?.

That wasn't the question. You explicitly mentioned many people left because of the centurion, and it hurt the game.

Community feedback? That's fine and dandy. You must have some info that I wasn't aware of. So tell me which community feedback told you how many people left because of centurions, please.

I'm sorry to sound like a total arsehole (which I probably am), but really, someone's gotta put a stop to people resorting to blind conjectures and making things up without even the slightest efforts to see if its really true or not -- such as dwelling into tournament records, or looking up fhtracker stats or shi*.

So I'm asking for a proof behind your contention.

guor6800
09-06-2017, 09:06 AM
Yeah? How many left?

If you really believe that the current situation For Honor is in is healthy you are daydreaming a lot.

They deliver tournaments with broken exploits-glitches.
No balance whatsoever.
Defense meta being discussed since launch still intact.
Connectivity is like playing an error simulator.

And hey i don't even get to discuss Cent.
Is he counterable and punishable? Sure he is.
Is he better in most departments than most of the roster? Hell yeah he is.

So the game is hurt by much. Its people like you that makes Ubisoft and other companies launch these unfinished mess and calling them triple A games,

Specialkha
09-06-2017, 09:06 AM
I do not really care about what on the PTR in fact. If parry still grants free dmg, Ubisoft will fail "again". And again, if you can't grasp that a lot of ppl in the community (the number of threads about ppl that complain about Cents should tell you something) find the Cent unfun especially in Dominion, we can't help you.

bananaflow2017
09-06-2017, 09:14 AM
I do not really care about what on the PTR in fact. If parry still grants free dmg, Ubisoft will fail "again". And again, if you can't grasp that a lot of ppl in the community (the number of threads about ppl that complain about Cents should tell you something) find the Cent unfun especially in Dominion, we can't help you.

Y should a parry not grant free dmg?
If this doesnt exist there is no reason to parry right?
Many other classes can cause the same Effect like a cent when u r outnumbered.
A valk will allways bash u in the floor, a wl will headbutt 24/7 same as conq etc...

Specialkha
09-06-2017, 09:16 AM
Y should a parry not grant free dmg?
If this doesnt exist there is no reason to parry right?
Many other classes can cause the same Effect like a cent when u r outnumbered.
A valk will allways bash u in the floor, a wl will headbutt 24/7 same as conq etc...

Why no one is complaining about valk swipe or Conq bash?
If parry grants free dmg, why attack?

Camemberto
09-06-2017, 09:17 AM
Holy cow. This whole discussion is so dumb.

Don't ask for numbers on ho many people have left the game, just read through the forums for 10 minutes and you will see, that the public opinion is, that the cent is unfun to play against. Period. If you ignore the fatcs, that's on you kweassa1.

Also, if you want "Facts" here something for you to lick your fingers at:
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLScPj6R8-86YIDUSfFsdb7CSJSYK08bpcuEaUrKcsZpFQlqujA/viewanalytics

41,4% of the people want the Cent removed. Your move.

bananaflow2017
09-06-2017, 09:24 AM
Why no one is complaining about valk swipe or Conq bash?
If parry grants free dmg, why attack?

To feint and bait dir example?
To find the point ur enemy is not aware of ur atack?
Assasins her free dmg after a deflect. Should this be removed to? Basicly it's the same..
Then we can remove orochi counter.
Remove cent parry punishment then too?
Then we can also remove hyper armor cuz u can counter atacks witch a heavy and trade the dmg.....

Specialkha
09-06-2017, 09:26 AM
Ofc, if free dmg after parry is removed, or only after a light parry, deflect should be reworked, LB parry punish too. But once again.

That_guy44
09-06-2017, 09:29 AM
After seeing what they plan to do warlord I'm kinda nervous for centurion and he's not even my main. I keep hearing about a big nerf when I just want his wall splat toned down. Centurion doesn't have a lot to fall back on in 1v1.

bananaflow2017
09-06-2017, 09:33 AM
Holy cow. This whole discussion is so dumb.

Don't ask for numbers on ho many people have left the game, just read through the forums for 10 minutes and you will see, that the public opinion is, that the cent is unfun to play against. Period. If you ignore the fatcs, that's on you kweassa1.

Also, if you want "Facts" here something for you to lick your fingers at:
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLScPj6R8-86YIDUSfFsdb7CSJSYK08bpcuEaUrKcsZpFQlqujA/viewanalytics

41,4% of the people want the Cent removed. Your move.

Like mentioned before most players are mid low skill players..
The majority isnt allways right.... thats the problem u usually have with a democracy.
Thats y u usually have a representive democracy and thats something tottally other...
When a low skilled/medicore player loses against a class. Ja the Problem the class or a player? Imo i just can say:
GIT.....

here it comes

....GUD

Camemberto
09-06-2017, 09:33 AM
The centurion cannot be saved by a simple nerf. He will need a redesign if he is to stay relevant while not frustrating... He is not OP, because you can counter him (dumb argument, but it works) He is just sh!tty to fight against.

bananaflow2017
09-06-2017, 09:41 AM
The centurion cannot be saved by a simple nerf. He will need a redesign if he is to stay relevant while not frustrating... He is not OP, because you can counter him (dumb argument, but it works) He is just sh!tty to fight against.

And this is tottally another point and the real Problem. Not him being op.
At least we have tottally other balance problems and nearly everything will be rebalanced After parry changes i guess anyway.
So: Move on. Nothing to see here anymore XD

Xaviloga
09-06-2017, 10:16 AM
The majority isnt allways right.... thats the problem u usually have with a democracy.
Thats y u usually have a representive democracy and thats something tottally other...
When a low skilled/medicore player loses against a class. Ja the Problem the class or a player? Imo i just can say:
GIT.....

here it comes

....GUD

Yeah, kick out the casuals and lets see what happens. Before Centurion hardcore players didnt complain because the lack of this kind of hero. If you turn centurion into a less annoying hero to play against i dont see whats the problem if it helps to make the game more enjoyable for everyone.

bananaflow2017
09-06-2017, 10:18 AM
Ofc, if free dmg after parry is removed, or only after a light parry, deflect should be reworked, LB parry punish too. But once again.

Yeah will be a great game.
Then remove atacks combined with a dodge too, thats just another kind of turteling....
Then u got 2 people just spamming atacks af....
Like 2 people picking Eddy in tekken...

Camemberto
09-06-2017, 12:28 PM
GIT.....

here it comes

....GUD

Holy fcking ****...

I don't even know what to respond to this...

How about the state stops helping people out financially and instead gives money to the rich? I mean, clearly, the majority (middle class) isn't doing as well. They can't be right can they? So who cares what they want. Yey, let's ruin the life for the majority because the people in the high chairs don't have an issue with it.

This analogy might seem outrageously stupid, but how else does one argue with a person like you? Just because YOU don't have a problem with it, means EVERYBODY else's opinion is wrong?

GIT... OUT!

I_Sash_I
09-06-2017, 12:58 PM
Holy fcking ****...

How about the state stops helping people out financially and instead gives money to the rich? I mean, clearly, the majority (middle class) isn't doing as well. They can't be right can they? So who cares what they want. Yey, let's ruin the life for the majority because the people in the high chairs don't have an issue with it.

This analogy might seem outrageously stupid, but how else does one argue with a person like you? Just because YOU don't have a problem with it, means EVERYBODY else's opinion is wrong?

GIT... OUT!

Shut the **** up, pitiful inferior player. Elite players know what is true and false, which is fair or unfair. They know better than you what is best for you.

It is because they have better reptilian reflexes that they are best placed to know how to correctly design a game. Are not the best video game players the greatest minds of this world ?

hahaha !

bananaflow2017
09-06-2017, 12:59 PM
Holy fcking ****...

GIT... OUT!

Not everybody. Just the clueless.
U tottally dont get the point.

The majority cant decide about a thing they cant handle the consequences.
If I would Start a voting today with the topic tax:" yes or now".
The ending is that no one would pay taxes anymore and the state would go down....

Im from germany: 1933 the majority voted hitler and Wanted the second World war.
So please stop telling me doing what the majority wants is allways the right way....

Camemberto
09-06-2017, 01:01 PM
Shut the **** up, pitiful inferior player. [...]

Dude... You almost had me for a second there :D

Camemberto
09-06-2017, 01:03 PM

The majority cant decide about a thing they cant handle the consequences.
If I would Start a voting today with the topic tax:" yes or now".
The ending is that no one would pay taxes anymore and the state would go down....

Im from germany: 1933 the majority voted hitler and Wanted the second World war.
So please stop telling me doing what the majority wants is allways the right way....

Would there be WW3 if the Centurion were to be removed? not likely.
Would people be happy if he were to be redesigned? probably very much so.

You speak of "cant handle the consequences" as if redesigning the centurion would hurt the game more than his existence does in the first place.. get back on the ground dude

What consequences anyway? more people having a good time with the game? how terrible!!11eleven

I_Sash_I
09-06-2017, 01:13 PM
Dude... You almost had me for a second there :D
Almost... :cool:

I_Sash_I
09-06-2017, 01:14 PM

Godwin's law checked.

Oh man.... Level is high here. lol

bananaflow2017
09-06-2017, 01:17 PM
Would there be WW3 if the Centurion were to be removed? not likely.
Would people be happy if he were to be redesigned? probably very much so.

You speak of "cant handle the consequences" as if redesigning the centurion would hurt the game more than his existence does in the first place.. get back on the ground dude

What consequences anyway? more people having a good time with the game? how terrible!!11eleven

Dont pull my statement out of the context....
It was an answear to a: "u cant ignore the majority it is allways right. The Bad Bank guys blabla statement."

No the consequences would be:
They find the next mechanic to cry about.
Like I said before:
Majority of the players cried about the big bad valk leg sweep....
Nothing more to say. Like I mentioned the majority of the players simply just cries and dont think they maybe just need some practise.....

I_Sash_I
09-06-2017, 01:32 PM
Dont pull my statement out of the context....
Seriously...

Camemberto
09-06-2017, 01:35 PM
The Centurion is the single most hated piece of garbage in this entire game, apart from bad connection and the lack of dedicated servers and so on.

The Cent has been complained about since his launch and apparently one entire season isn't enough for average people (or scrub, how I would presume you prefer to call them) to learn how to evade his cutscene of death. That's the characters fault then and not the players'. There are fundamental flaws in his design, which I will not elaborate on, due to the sere amount of threads there already are regarding this topic. His introduction has unarguably hurt the game more that it was of any benefit. The general opinion has never been that strong towards any other specific character and or ability. If you can not see that from the forums, then you must simply be blind or purposely ignoring it. This whole discussion is just exaggerated by the fact, that the devs have completely and utterly ignored the matter since it first came up. The Cent is the only class that has made me genuinely turn off my Playstation, simply because I couldn't handle it anymore without guaranteeing not to break a controller. I am not en exception. I am a "scrub", "mediocre", low-skill player, like the majority of the playerbase. If you were the developer and you encountered this sort of backlash on a character you introduced, would you change it, or would you just tell your PAYING CUSTUMERS to just "GIT GUD you scrubs!"?

You are everything that's wrong with this universe, banana

bananaflow2017
09-06-2017, 02:13 PM
The Centurion is the single most hated piece of garbage in this entire game, apart from bad connection and the lack of dedicated servers and so on.

The Cent has been complained about since his launch and apparently one entire season isn't enough for average people (or scrub, how I would presume you prefer to call them) to learn how to evade his cutscene of death. That's the characters fault then and not the players'. There are fundamental flaws in his design, which I will not elaborate on, due to the sere amount of threads there already are regarding this topic. His introduction has unarguably hurt the game more that it was of any benefit. The general opinion has never been that strong towards any other specific character and or ability. If you can not see that from the forums, then you must simply be blind or purposely ignoring it. This whole discussion is just exaggerated by the fact, that the devs have completely and utterly ignored the matter since it first came up. The Cent is the only class that has made me genuinely turn off my Playstation, simply because I couldn't handle it anymore without guaranteeing not to break a controller. I am not en exception. I am a "scrub", "mediocre", low-skill player, like the majority of the playerbase. If you were the developer and you encountered this sort of backlash on a character you introduced, would you change it, or would you just tell your PAYING CUSTUMERS to just "GIT GUD you scrubs!"?

You are exactly what's wrong with this universe, banana

We just have different opinions dude. What has this to do with the universe?

In my opinion a game should also have a real competitive scene and should also be balanced arround it. The Problem is that tois Players are the only stable indicator for balancing issues. The performance in the medicore or low skilled or what ever u call it has got a really wide range...
So if balance arround in the lower "tiers" u have got much bigher influences in the higher tiers that u simply dont know.

So what do u do? Do u say fck i dont care about? Now we got 1 tournament won by a cent player and a player base tjat os devided in 2 parts. Lets call them "Cent haters" and "git gud *******s".
U dont only have 1 faction complaining about him. U also have players who dont have a peoblem with him. U can also see this in every Cent discussion having like 100ts if answears.
So what do u do as a developer during the fact that many people main hin and invested a lot of time into playing this character who could be trash after the changing. Oh could be also his dead in competitive play.

We will have the parry nerf soon. This will hit the Cent as the "parry champ".
Balancing issues are mit as easy as most people think. Even companies like Blizzard cant manage that.

Dont Take everything too serious man.

UbiNoty
09-07-2017, 01:18 AM
Well, this is certainly something I don't usually see.

I'll just say what I said in all my previous posts regarding changes that haven't gone live yet. Give it a chance first please! We work really hard to try and make good decisions regarding balance changes, so while we appreciate pre-release feedback, we'd also like you all go test it out first and then give us something real + substantial after that.

Camemberto
09-07-2017, 06:22 AM
Well, this is certainly something I don't usually see.

I'll just say what I said in all my previous posts regarding changes that haven't gone live yet. Give it a chance first please! We work really hard to try and make good decisions regarding balance changes, so while we appreciate pre-release feedback, we'd also like you all go test it out first and then give us something real + substantial after that.

I just don't get this hypocrisy you guys. You know for a fact that the Centurion is a b!tch to fight. That fact has been evident within the first week of his introduction and still absolutely nothing has been done to mitigate this issue. Instead we now have a broken tournament mode in the game, which I would trade for removing the Centurion anytime. This is so infuriating. Do you need more data? What's taking so long? I do get Bananas point about abandoning players, who have already invested a lot of their precious time into a clearly broken character. But again, that's on you Ubisoft. You could have said a long a$$ time ago: "Sorry guys, we fcked up, this character is clearly broken, here's 3 months of champion status while we fix this mess. Sorry for the inconvenience!" and rolled back the character... But honesty isn't your strong suit, Ubi, or is it? Instead, you slap more content on the game that doesn't even properly work and then try to justify the matter by simply saying: "It's a beta, guys, it's supposed to be broken.", to which I say: It's a AAA game! Treat it like one!

It's a damn shame seeing how such a wonderful game can be ruined by the lack of love, you give it and its players. It's a shame is what it is.

As every mother on this planet at least once said: I'm not mad, I'm just disappointed.

Gemoroda
09-07-2017, 06:31 AM
1 who ever says cent is op is out of his mind. he just has a lot of mix ups. you know... it's actually written on his descriptions.
2 cents most moves are counterable if you don't use mixups. and even then a decent player can escape his mixups.
3. whoever wrote this thread, obviously didn't play cent AT ALL. other wise he wouldn't have oppener this thread. the only thing I agree on is his zone attack.

ChampionRuby50g
09-07-2017, 11:23 AM
Anything you have what the other does not is "unfair".

Take a hint, sheesh.

So because PK does not have body count, you mean to say that it is unfair? It does not matter that she has Bounty Hunter, that grants her health on kills. It's just unfair that she cant get access to Body Count, is that what you are trying to say? So it is unfair that Nobushi is the only hero that can survive infinite amounts of damage after Blissful Rest is activated, until she gets back to 100% HP? Guess its fair to be able to stand in enemy fire flasks and GAIN health then, because you do seem to know what is best for everyone and every aspect of the game, with your unneeded and overly passive aggressive comments, talking down to community members who don't agree with you or think in a different way. The only hint I got from you is that you where not willing to list the many ways my feats where unfair, and that you lost my respect. Always thought you where an OK person until I actually read the undertones of your posts and interactions with other people. None of them have been positive.