PDA

View Full Version : elite controller right stick too sensitive, auto change guard direction

Miadous
09-04-2017, 08:31 PM
This has happened a few times in the past, not sure if it's the elite controller itself or game sensitivity.

I flick the right stick, I don't usually hold it in one direction. So, I've noticed sometimes when I flick it up, the force that the stick comes back to center is too great, that it causes it to switch guard to the down position. Works the same with flicking left, stick jumped back to center, but actually changes my guard to the right. I used to think it was the game letting people hit me through my guard when I would easily change guard to block an attack, but the stick jerks back and into the opposite direction, letting the attack hit me.

Anyone else notice this with the elite controller? It might have started after they added gamepad sensitivity and I set it on 1. I moved it up to 5 and will do further testing.

It's VERY noticeable on Nobushi, which is finally the moment I decided to make this forum post on the subject. Earlier, I had GB an opponent and was going for the top heavy to finish him. My controller had other plans. I flicked the stick up and hit heavy attack, right stick slings back into position, causing the guard to go down. This stopped my attack and put me in hidden stance, stopping everything and he lived because his teammate jumped in at that moment.

Maybe it's the elite controller defectiveness. It happens in other games, like Disc Jam with the left stick. I can move my character up towards the net, let go of the stick, and he'll do a 180 and be facing me because the force of the stick was enough to input the down direction. This also happens in For Honor character movement as well, which leads me to taunting towards me, instead of the forward direction my character was going.

alandonovan
09-04-2017, 10:29 PM
Had exactly the same. For assassins it's ok, because you need to refresh it v often. But for all others I set it to 15, that seems to prevent any flick back, which is v annoying.
If you discover anything better, please let us, me, know.

CrunaCross
09-04-2017, 11:05 PM
well you can calibrate and fine tune your controller in any possible way from the application on the microsoft store. I have zero problems with mine and I didn't calibrate it. But you can. And save the profile. My only problem is that the peddles are so damn sensitive because of those very small buttons under the large metal handles. Barely touch it and you get an input.

But if it doesn't work for you, maybe you simply have a defective controller. It should be just as sensitive as any regular Xbox One controller.

Malyngo
09-04-2017, 11:12 PM
@CrunaCross, do you have the deadzone setting at default? (20, if I remember correctly).

I reduced it to 5 in the beginning, because I felt it was reacting too late, but put it higher again soon after, because I was seeing the same as OP. I think now it is at 10.
I think if you just flick the stick on the Elite Controller, it will jump back and go almost 2/3 in the other direction. That is probably why the default dead zone is so high.

CrunaCross
09-05-2017, 01:12 AM
@ Malyngo Yeah I have everything at default in the app, I only created a different button layout for the second profile for the peddles, that's it. In the game options I set the stick sensitivity at the highest. (smallest deadzone)

RatedChaotic
09-05-2017, 03:31 PM
I use my elite on smooth setting on the right stick and 3 on the in game deadzone slider. If I use instant or anything less than 3 on the slider. My guard will change whenever I fart.