PDA

View Full Version : Things the devs actually fixed.

AnEnticingSquid
09-04-2017, 04:18 PM
Nothing...
Just kidding ;) I actually found a whole lot of things. So to break up the monotony of negative posts and maybe boost moral, I wanted to make a post of things that actually were fixed in the months since launch.

I know that the major issues are still in the game. I know that characters aren't balanced to any sensible degree. I know that centurian is such an unacceptable crime against humanity that the only feasible way for the devs to gain retribution is to physically travel back in time (through sheer will power alone) and assassinate themselves before making the character and then live vicariously through them as to not defile humanity in such a disgusting way...

BUT, there have been some awesome additions and changes I wanted to bring to light. And I most certainly will miss some so please tell me of any you might have come across! So here's my list:

1. Revenge.
It feels as close to perfect as possible. I used to think it was a cheap mechanic but now it feels ingeniously implemented. It's not op like it was at launch where if you even locked onto someone they got revenge, and it isn't such hot garbage that they mise well have deleted it entirely to save disk space... Like in season 2. Now it feels good. I feel confident in a 2v1 that I stand a chance. And I second guess myself when I see an opportunity to gank. I would hate to give that guy an awesome gank spanking video... Better tread carefully in 4v4.

2. Raider.
I remember when raider was a rolling dumpster fire. Now he feels like top tier to me. He is incredibly fun to play and a force not to be reckoned with. Though he isn't perfect. (A 1ms charge... On what planet did you think that wouldn't be abused?).

3. Events. Though it is still in its infancy, I love the idea of adding tweaked game modes and I can't wait to see what they come up with.

4. Gladiator.
Though he/she/it isn't perfect, I think this is a good omen that the devs know how to balance characters. His/her/their entire kit is useful and indeed, necessary to win. *insert uninsulting pronoun here*'s mixup game is insane and I think that gladiator is the most balanced and fun class in the game. (The toe stab and zone are the only things that might need some looking at.). If every character were to be balanced like gladiator *glares so infuriatingly at centurian that his literal head spontaniously combusts*, this would be a feat worth making a holiday after. (We could replace genocide day (Columbus day) with it!).

4. A game that (feasibly) will last for years.
I have made many, many posts asking about season 5 and while I got no actual response, I am still hopeful that it is a thing. I would love to see this game go into year 2 and even year 3! And by the end having like 30 characters or something! ( that's only if my season pass that I paid $.4000 for won't be for not and I will have to buy another one (because that... Is never going to happen!)).

5. Centurian.
Because I like to see drama.

So that's my list! Congrats on making it to the end btw. You are part of the few. What do you guys think? And what did I miss? I would love to know...

Specialkha
09-04-2017, 04:20 PM
Took them 2 months to "fix" revenge. Same for first balance update.

bananaflow2017
09-04-2017, 04:37 PM
U forgot about the valk nerf...

Tyrjo
09-04-2017, 04:40 PM
In my opinion revenge isn't fixed. You should gain 0 revenge in 1v1.

The way it is now you can turtle to build it up even when you aren't outnumbered. If the devs want to help the "offensive meta", get rid of revenge in ALL 1v1 encounters across ALL game modes.

Aarpian
09-04-2017, 04:45 PM
Well they fixed my addiction to this game that's for sure.

AnEnticingSquid
09-04-2017, 08:57 PM
In my opinion revenge isn't fixed. You should gain 0 revenge in 1v1.

The way it is now you can turtle to build it up even when you aren't outnumbered. If the devs want to help the "offensive meta", get rid of revenge in ALL 1v1 encounters across ALL game modes.

Yeah, ill agree with you there... you shouldn't be able to get revenge in a 1v1... I guess that is why the 4v4s were made for casual players with gear score, powerups, and revenge to give everyone a chance to be good...

UbiNoty
09-07-2017, 02:57 AM
Nothing...
Just kidding ;) I actually found a whole lot of things. So to break up the monotony of negative posts and maybe boost moral, I wanted to make a post of things that actually were fixed in the months since launch.

I know that the major issues are still in the game. I know that characters aren't balanced to any sensible degree. I know that centurian is such an unacceptable crime against humanity that the only feasible way for the devs to gain retribution is to physically travel back in time (through sheer will power alone) and assassinate themselves before making the character and then live vicariously through them as to not defile humanity in such a disgusting way...

BUT, there have been some awesome additions and changes I wanted to bring to light. And I most certainly will miss some so please tell me of any you might have come across! So here's my list:

1. Revenge.
It feels as close to perfect as possible. I used to think it was a cheap mechanic but now it feels ingeniously implemented. It's not op like it was at launch where if you even locked onto someone they got revenge, and it isn't such hot garbage that they mise well have deleted it entirely to save disk space... Like in season 2. Now it feels good. I feel confident in a 2v1 that I stand a chance. And I second guess myself when I see an opportunity to gank. I would hate to give that guy an awesome gank spanking video... Better tread carefully in 4v4.

2. Raider.
I remember when raider was a rolling dumpster fire. Now he feels like top tier to me. He is incredibly fun to play and a force not to be reckoned with. Though he isn't perfect. (A 1ms charge... On what planet did you think that wouldn't be abused?).

3. Events. Though it is still in its infancy, I love the idea of adding tweaked game modes and I can't wait to see what they come up with.

4. Gladiator.
Though he/she/it isn't perfect, I think this is a good omen that the devs know how to balance characters. His/her/their entire kit is useful and indeed, necessary to win. *insert uninsulting pronoun here*'s mixup game is insane and I think that gladiator is the most balanced and fun class in the game. (The toe stab and zone are the only things that might need some looking at.). If every character were to be balanced like gladiator *glares so infuriatingly at centurian that his literal head spontaniously combusts*, this would be a feat worth making a holiday after. (We could replace genocide day (Columbus day) with it!).

4. A game that (feasibly) will last for years.
I have made many, many posts asking about season 5 and while I got no actual response, I am still hopeful that it is a thing. I would love to see this game go into year 2 and even year 3! And by the end having like 30 characters or something! ( that's only if my season pass that I paid $.4000 for won't be for not and I will have to buy another one (because that... Is never going to happen!)).

5. Centurian.
Because I like to see drama.

So that's my list! Congrats on making it to the end btw. You are part of the few. What do you guys think? And what did I miss? I would love to know...

We're trying. Sometimes it takes longer than most would like. But we're definitely trying.

Tillo.
09-07-2017, 03:51 AM
I doubt it and here's why:
I have the same problems I have been experiencing since February 14th, long matchmaking queues, matchmaking errors sending me back to menu, desynch teleporting me back in time, disconnects without reason, game crashing due to leavers/people kicked without getting rewards nor statistics. Playing dominion/elimination/skirmish with three friends is IMPOSSIBLE every single time one or more of us gets kicked. All four of us have done every troubleshooting recommended by Ubisoft's support.

That_guy44
09-07-2017, 03:55 AM
I concur with revenge still being busted. It should not be activating in 1v1 during brawl.

GunnyRed
09-07-2017, 04:28 AM
you must be referencing from a pc-perspective. on console, animation vs. hitscan inconsistencies are rampant. timesnap "changes" have completely thrown everything off. blocks to parries and dodges to deflects are all screwed up because developmental focus of the game is based around a 60fps framework so when all display issues are combined with a platform that displays at half the framerate, you get a broke @$$ gaming experience. you mentioned gladiator... you left out the fact that even if he dodges, he still gets tracked by attacks. the same attacks every other hero in the game can evade. you left out the fact that his block resets back to neutral faster than all other assassin classes.

bottom line is gladiator hasn't played as he should since season 3 started. balance-wise; sure, but the borked inner-workings of the game have gladiator (and a number of other heroes) in a spot that just feels awfully broken.