PDA

View Full Version : The consequences of time snaps removal

Antonioj26
09-04-2017, 03:01 PM
Here is a video showing the changes of time snap and the negative impact it has on the game. The creator is well known for documenting frame data and other significant details of every character. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h_uNd1GMjNs. What you see are pk zones that are 300 ms and lights that are 400 ms. The average reaction time is 280 ms, add 100ms for guard switch and you have zones that are completely unreactable and lights that are damn near unreactable for the average person. Its far worse for console since the majority of people arent going to have a 1ms monitor and of course the brutal input lag.

It makes zero sense to me that UBI would have removed this from the game without at least testing it first. I have a 205 ms response time and its still completely ruined any fun I have with this game, I can't imagine the frustration of someone with average or below average reflexes. It needs to comeback until they find a suitable alterantive that has been tested by the public.

Tyrjo
09-04-2017, 04:51 PM
A very interesting video to say the least. I wonder, will dedicated servers alleviate this problem?

Antonioj26
09-04-2017, 04:56 PM
A very interesting video to say the least. I wonder, will dedicated servers alleviate this problem?

I'm no expert but everything I read points to making things worse. Could be wrong and haven't delved enough into the subject to give a good answer though. I'm not too interested in that until it's closer to actually happening.

RatedChaotic
09-04-2017, 05:01 PM
Here is a video showing the changes of time snap and the negative impact it has on the game. The creator is well known for documenting frame data and other significant details of every character. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h_uNd1GMjNs. What you see are pk zones that are 300 ms and lights that are 400 ms. The average reaction time is 280 ms, add 100ms for guard switch and you have zones that are completely unreactable and lights that are damn near unreactable for the average person. Its far worse for console since the majority of people arent going to have a 1ms monitor and of course the brutal input lag.

It makes zero sense to me that UBI would have removed this from the game without at least testing it first. I have a 205 ms response time and its still completely ruined any fun I have with this game, I can't imagine the frustration of someone with average or below average reflexes. It needs to comeback until they find a suitable alterantive that has been tested by the public.

Thank you for understanding.

Then when you connect to a host who is streaming with crappy internet makes it even worse. I'II do more than vs AI when things get better. If they ever do.

I really enjoy this game but damn ubi is making it easier and easier for me to click that uninstall button.

Wolf-Heathen
09-04-2017, 05:20 PM
This issue sums up the For Honor post-launch experience to a T. Community discovers a bug, or unintended interaction in game. Ubisoft responds with a "fix' that ends up braking 2-3 other things as a result.

I can't help but think all these issues can have been avoided if Ubisoft had just not cheaped out on dedicated servers from the get go. All that talk of p2p being the "superior option" at launch...I mean, most of us know it was just bs at the time, but look where it's taken us.

RatedChaotic
09-04-2017, 05:36 PM
This issue sums up the For Honor post-launch experience to a T. Community discovers a bug, or unintended interaction in game. Ubisoft responds with a "fix' that ends up braking 2-3 other things as a result.

I can't help but think all these issues can have been avoided if Ubisoft had just not cheaped out on dedicated servers from the get go. All that talk of p2p being the "superior option" at launch...I mean, most of us know it was just bs at the time, but look where it's taken us.

Ya I think they failed to realise how difficult it is having multiple machines connected together using different internet speeds/providers. Hell just trying to synce 5 sticker machines, a few label machines, and cigarette wrapping together when I worked for Sony DADC was hell almost every night and I wasnt trying to sync them using a internet connection either.

If you ever see the movie Stuart Little 2 in a blue case with red security tabs on the side. I did all those. We had a prototype machine sent from Japan just for that damn mouse lol. I ran anywhere from 8 to 12 million copies of that movie thru those machines.

AnEnticingSquid
09-04-2017, 06:06 PM
That evidence is pretty hard to dispute... I wonder what the devs would say seeing it...

RatedChaotic
09-04-2017, 06:19 PM
That evidence is pretty hard to dispute... I wonder what the devs would say seeing it...

Those same 3 replys that we always get. I'm sure everyone knows them by heart now.....lol Wait for it.....

Linnix1
09-04-2017, 09:07 PM
Need more data. Soon. And working as intended