PDA

View Full Version : A question to the developers: What is leggit in For Honor

Toran80
09-03-2017, 10:15 PM
I tried out some ranked tournament on PC and was very very disappointed by the number of bug abusers and cheaters out their so here is my question to developers.

Is it leggit to use unlock tech or other bugs in For Honor (it is easy to prove a player used it because you don't get "killer infos" if a player unlocks)?

Was really pounded by constantly unlocking Shugoki in several tounraments today.

It is bitter and poor to say it but the only way to win in this game is to bug abuse or use cheat tools (parry bot is also very popular on PC, people tell you they trained and blabla the truth is the games connection is not stable and time snap was removed so you simply can't parry any light and get all feints).

If it is not leggit, what do you need to ban cheaters?

I think about leaving For Honor because at the moment the games name should better be No Honor and I do not feel like there is somebody banning bug users (for me bug using is equal to cheating).

AnEnticingSquid
09-03-2017, 10:40 PM
Seeing as people used all these exploits in a Ubisoft tournament WITH THE DEVS STANDING RIGHT NEXT TO THEM, if you get punished in any way for using them, that's bs. I really hope they fix this stuff but my hope is running thin with each passing week...

Herbstlicht
09-03-2017, 11:33 PM
Happily, I only got placed in gold bracket and play on console. So I can enjoy my Highlander against "normal" players for a few matches until I just get parried or light attacked to death. Its still a little fun.

Toran80
09-03-2017, 11:42 PM
Seeing as people used all these exploits in a Ubisoft tournament WITH THE DEVS STANDING RIGHT NEXT TO THEM, if you get punished in any way for using them, that's bs. I really hope they fix this stuff but my hope is running thin with each passing week...

Saw it, too. It was embarrasing to see a proven bug user win. I first thought the devs would not have seen it but when he was presented the trophy it was obvious " you may have to change your playstyle".
I played in the ESL when I was younger (Dawn of War II). If you would have exploited bugs their you would have been given a warning and an automatic loss to the match. The second try would have been a ban from the ESL. That is why I was posting the question, if cheating is leggit in this game it is time for me to walk on, there is no skill at all in downloading a programm or using bugs that are not meant to be used.

Toran80
09-03-2017, 11:46 PM
Happily, I only got placed in gold bracket and play on console. So I can enjoy my Highlander against "normal" players for a few matches until I just get parried or light attacked to death. Its still a little fun.

I was placed in Gold II after qualifiers on PC and get cosntantly parried on almost every light with Kensei. Worst was a Valkyrie player counetring any light with the shoulder stab (in my opinion 1 of the hardest moves to perform in the game even against heavy attacks).

Netcode_err_404
09-04-2017, 12:09 AM
Saw it, too. It was embarrasing to see a proven bug user win. I first thought the devs would not have seen it but when he was presented the trophy it was obvious " you may have to change your playstyle".
I played in the ESL when I was younger (Dawn of War II). If you would have exploited bugs their you would have been given a warning and an automatic loss to the match. The second try would have been a ban from the ESL. That is why I was posting the question, if cheating is leggit in this game it is time for me to walk on, there is no skill at all in downloading a programm or using bugs that are not meant to be used.

Its not just about beeing or not beeing embarassing.

If i would have lost against an exploiter like that ***, losing money, I would have really demolished that place, pure scam
He literally stole the prize.

kweassa1
09-04-2017, 12:42 AM
Its not just about beeing or not beeing embarassing.

If i would have lost against an exploiter like that ***, losing money, I would have really demolished that place, pure scam
He literally stole the prize.

...as if he was the only person abusing that pathetic shi*. :rolleyes: Not to mention the game "rules" were laid out before hand to the players. Everyone in that tournament knew what was to be expected. If they didn't like it, they could have simply refused to be a part of it.

As it stands, nobody "stole" anything.

True, it was pitiful to watch, but that's on the event organizers and the game devs, who should have made it clear "techs" weren't welcome in the game, as well as should have coded in some sort of log function to determine cheats in these sort of events -- fishy circumstances -> review log -> determine action.

Frankly, it's nothing more than how thick-skinned you are, since all of them abuse the exact same shi* in any of their 'private' games It only so happened the Pole was the most shameless one of them all. :rolleyes:

Netcode_err_404
09-04-2017, 12:47 AM
...as if he was the only person abusing that pathetic shi*. :rolleyes: Not to mention the game "rules" were laid out before hand to the players. Everyone in that tournament knew what was to be expected. If they didn't like it, they could have simply refused to be a part of it.

As it stands, nobody "stole" anything.

True, it was pitiful to watch, but that's on the event organizers and the game devs, who should have made it clear "techs" weren't welcome in the game, as well as should have coded in some sort of log function to determine cheats in these sort of events -- fishy circumstances -> review log -> determine action.

Frankly, it's nothing more than how thick-skinned you are, since all of them abuse the exact same shi* in any of their 'private' games It only so happened the Pole was the most shameless one of them all. :rolleyes:

You speak like that, in a real well minded way, just because you weren't there losing 3k euro/dollars in front of your eyes. :P

Toran80
09-05-2017, 03:10 PM
Dear developers I was asking a simple question and you did not respond.

So here again all easy: What is leggit in For Honor?

Wolf-Heathen
09-05-2017, 08:21 PM
If it's in the game and reproducible, it's legit. They already responded to this 2 dens ago regarding the tournament. Their view is until they hotfix it out, it's legit. :(

S0Mi_xD
09-05-2017, 08:40 PM
Everything is "legit" in the eyes of UBI.

As long it is in the game, it is "OK" - if it gets fixed, it is gone.

Jarl.Felix
09-05-2017, 09:55 PM
The sad part is that they would like to be professional and declare clear exploits as being unfair and banable.

But that would mean that they actually need to FIX THEM... something that Ubifail proved us since launch they simply don't know how ....

Dude_of_Valor
09-06-2017, 05:43 PM
What is sad is people using exploits bugs etc to gain an advantage.

UbiNoty
09-07-2017, 12:46 AM
I tried out some ranked tournament on PC and was very very disappointed by the number of bug abusers and cheaters out their so here is my question to developers.

Is it leggit to use unlock tech or other bugs in For Honor (it is easy to prove a player used it because you don't get "killer infos" if a player unlocks)?

Was really pounded by constantly unlocking Shugoki in several tounraments today.

It is bitter and poor to say it but the only way to win in this game is to bug abuse or use cheat tools (parry bot is also very popular on PC, people tell you they trained and blabla the truth is the games connection is not stable and time snap was removed so you simply can't parry any light and get all feints).

If it is not leggit, what do you need to ban cheaters?

I think about leaving For Honor because at the moment the games name should better be No Honor and I do not feel like there is somebody banning bug users (for me bug using is equal to cheating).

Things like unlock tech are unfortunately the result of player manipulation of intended mechanics, and therefore it's our job to fix them so these intended mechanics can't be exploited in unintended ways. We've provided you all with the tools and the environment, so we're not actively looking to ban players for using them in "creative" ways. Instead we'll take it on ourselves to fix things so that things like unlock tech and exploits aren't abusable.

This is a problem that any PvP game experiences, and FH is no exception. With any update/change there's a potential for new bugs/exploits to be introduced. We try our best to catch everything we can beforehand, but we don't always see what you all see - and that's how these things come to be. Like I said earlier, we're working to address any current known exploits and unlock tech and are trying to get them fixed asap. We've fixed a few already, and more fixes are incoming. And if you see any more in the future, report (https://support.ubi.com/en-us/Games/4315) it to us because it's our responsibility. Not the player's.