PDA

View Full Version : NPCs

TrenchWulf
09-03-2017, 08:50 PM
Which NPC should make it in?

To be honest I really liked all the NPC ideas thus far.
https://www.anno-union.com/en/vote-your-favorite-npc/

Besides personal preferences I do not know on which basis people vote. For instance, maybe some people want want the game to be realistic (?) so they do not vote for the occultist.

It would be a shame if any of the NPCs featured in the URL above would be left out. This made me think of the Tropico games which have quite some DLCs. Each DLC features its own scenario, including unique buildings, quests and outfits for your avatar etc.
Maybe this kind of approach would suit ANNO 1800, so the player can decide how his/her world will look like.

stylisticsagi
09-04-2017, 02:58 PM
Yeah many npc's give greater replayability if they are diverse in their behavior enough.
I really would like npc's also keep on expanding and getting better and better, like also start those highest tier monuments and palaces as well. And off course ornemental buildings wich i hope will have an actual use for a change.

BelannaerTV
09-07-2017, 02:55 PM
I also really like all the NPC concepts and it's a shame only one of them will make it to the game. I would happily buy rest of them as a NPC DLC as they are really fun way to change around your gameplay for different playthroughs.

ruuti0
01-01-2018, 09:17 PM
More NPCs = better. Give game longevity since you want to find all possible scenarios!

There was vote for favorite NPC at some point, in my opinion they all could be added and game would be still be great, no it would be even better! :)

You could choose in begin of game (in settings area like in 2070) that what NPCs you want to add your game. There should be also option for random NPCs! :)

CorsairUplay
01-01-2018, 11:06 PM
Which NPC should make it in?

To be honest I really liked all the NPC ideas thus far.
https://www.anno-union.com/en/vote-your-favorite-npc/

Besides personal preferences I do not know on which basis people vote. For instance, maybe some people want want the game to be realistic (?) so they do not vote for the occultist.

It would be a shame if any of the NPCs featured in the URL above would be left out. This made me think of the Tropico games which have quite some DLCs. Each DLC features its own scenario, including unique buildings, quests and outfits for your avatar etc.
Maybe this kind of approach would suit ANNO 1800, so the player can decide how his/her world will look like.

Now the most obvious thing to feature is NPCs representing different cultures, Empires or regions of the world, and we've seen this in every historical anno so far. On the anno union it was said that we wouldn't see historical figures like Napoleon Bonaparte or Queen Victoria as NPCs, but there may be NPCs representing them and their ideologies.

The NPC we do know about - Artur Gasparov - seems to be an NPC who will play more as a beauty builder, something which is too rare in anno. So I'm looking forward to seeing Artur Gasparov's settlements and i think other NPCs might also show different strategies and human playstyles. For example, a factory tycoon who builds efficient cities, mistreats their citizens and perhaps warmongers (this has been seen with Thor Strindberg in anno 2070)

CorsairUplay
01-01-2018, 11:08 PM
I also really like all the NPC concepts and it's a shame only one of them will make it to the game. I would happily buy rest of them as a NPC DLC as they are really fun way to change around your gameplay for different playthroughs.
I actually like the idea of an extra NPC DLC

chetkowa
02-08-2019, 03:32 AM
I love the idea of NPC DLCs as well.