PDA

View Full Version : What nobody wants to hear.

lMoosel
09-03-2017, 08:33 PM
Nobody's saying it so I will, practice. More practice less crying. Why is so accepted to come on the forums or Reddit complaining about a specific hero or ability and not practice to learn it. Seriously it blows my
Mind, it's been warden or pk or Warlord. Cents the current flavor of the month but nobody wants to improve just complain. I play on Xbox and I don't have problems with fast attacks like I see people complain about all the time because I practice. I've got 2 or 3 buddy's who I would say are top lvl players along with myself and we regularly just scrim custom duels. We've got nasty LBs, wardens, cents, etc and we just duel over and over again and the result is when we play online we generally smash our opponents (90% + win rates) and you know what happens when I/we lose? Instantly rematch none of that rage quit insta leave garbage.

This community needs to pull up its bootstraps and put in some time. Too many of you bought this game not thinking about the fact that it has a high skill gap like any fighter. Stay out of 4v4 because us duelist can see you scrubs a mile away. High rep who can't even last in 1v1 too used to relying on the gank.

Hate and flame me if you must but at the end of the day I'm the one of those sweats who's beating your *** because I've taken my *** beatings and learned.

bmason1000
09-03-2017, 08:37 PM
...why do people need to stay put of 4v4? And if a regular dominion player decides to play duel because they want to improve, why would you discourage that? Your point is a good one, acquiring skill in this game requires practice but it's really clouded by your insanely cocky elitism.

Specialkha
09-03-2017, 08:39 PM
2/10. Try better next time.

lMoosel
09-03-2017, 08:43 PM
Not trying to sound like a **** ***** man just sick of seeing the same crying day in and day out. When there's tons of people who aren't struggling with what the cry baby's are crying about. what I mean by staying out of 4v4 is stay in duels and brawls it's makes you a much better player. I'm not trying to be a jerk I want this game to be healthy and I want the player base to grow and prosper. I'm constantly sending people messages after duels to scrim and practice. My problem with 4s is the very bad habits it teaches people and hurts them in the long run.

I play on Xbox and I'm down to play with anyone teamed up or against for practice. Makes me better makes you better. I'd love to get some
King of fight club organized. We've had a few we put together. Full 4v4 everybody meets in one spot and step into the circle call someone out and see who's better. That's how you learn and get better gotta take your lumps.

Specialkha
09-03-2017, 08:48 PM
Duel are just staring contest with unlock tech fest. Nice way to become better at FH.

bmason1000
09-03-2017, 08:51 PM
That's definitely how you do it. I like using duel AS practice for 4v4, actually. I go there to warm up, test new mix ups, work on my parry and deflect timings because dominion is my favorite and all of those things help me there. So, sometimes you're just overwhelmed and no amount of skill will save you there but being at least a semi competent duelist helped me there immensely. Immeasurably, really.

brashtralas
09-03-2017, 09:13 PM
I do practice, and there isn't a single class that I can't beat. If I am defeated, I can tell whether I was outplayed or made stupid mistakes.

That being said, your elitism is getting in the way of facts. The game has imbalances. Centurion is not a "flavor of the month" complaint, he's been complained about ad nauseum since his release.

The difference is that he was initially complained about because no one knew how to play him or against him, now people know how to play him and what is actually imbalanced(even if they can't articulate it).

Centurion is simply annoying to fight, no one can deny that, but he is not the most imbalanced.

By your logic, how do you "learn" to never get parried by a warlord? One parry from a warlord and you're dead, you know?

I encourage everyone to learn the game and its mechanics, but to pretend the game has zero imbalanced that seriously need addressing is facetious.

UbiInsulin
09-03-2017, 09:16 PM
@lMoosel, While I understand your point, people might resent being told to "git gud" when they feel they're already putting in their best effort.

We want to hear everyone's feedback on the heroes. The team also has ~d a t a~ informing their balancing decisions, which should hopefully prevent overreaction.
https://getlevelten.com/sites/default/files/inline-images/be_cool.gif

S.J.Lannister
09-03-2017, 09:32 PM
I do practice, and there isn't a single class that I can't beat. If I am defeated, I can tell whether I was outplayed or made stupid mistakes.

That being said, your elitism is getting in the way of facts. The game has imbalances. Centurion is not a "flavor of the month" complaint, he's been complained about ad nauseum since his release.

The difference is that he was initially complained about because no one knew how to play him or against him, now people know how to play him and what is actually imbalanced(even if they can't articulate it).

Centurion is simply annoying to fight, no one can deny that, but he is not the most imbalanced.

By your logic, how do you "learn" to never get parried by a warlord? One parry from a warlord and you're dead, you know?

I encourage everyone to learn the game and its mechanics, but to pretend the game has zero imbalanced that seriously need addressing is facetious.

Exactly, couldn't agree more.

lMoosel,

Do you think that no one is practicing? Or maybe you think that only you are practicing and rest of us are just crying?

Kid,

Every hero is beatable and you are right that sometimes practice is a best way to learn how to beat specific hero. But not every hero require same effort. That's why people are complaining about Centurion. He is quick to pick, easy to win a fight.

Do you think that you discovered a fire or America? Great advice of the year - learn :) We would never guessed. The problem is even If you are For Honor God one mistake will come with great, unbalanced punish from Centurion side. That's why people want Devs to fix this hero.

Of course there are other heroes more or less balanced. But only Centurion has this salt from beginning, we are disappointed with Season 3 promises (at the end of Season 2 on Warrior's Den we were told that Centurion will get a fix with start of the new Season).

CandleInTheDark
09-03-2017, 09:53 PM
It was fairly good advice, delivery sucked, no question, a bit less of the git gud vibe might have helped it, but I can relate in that I am a dominion player, it is my game mode, but if I don't duel a few times a week, and hey maybe the tournament will be good incentive to, I can't hold a point 1v1, I get into bad habits.It is why I consider myself a 4v4 gamer with duel on the side rather than pfft 1v1? Never touch the stuff. The same can also be said of practising against specific characters, my theory on why the ban assassin train has started up again is that these are the people (and there are more of these people than you would think) who, on seeing my peacekeeper on the matchup screen quit before an attack was thrown or the kind of people that quit after I won a round (because clearly peacekeeeper op) when I honestly rarely throw one light let alone two together, suddenly they can't do that. Which isn't to say some characters don't need addressing, just if you avoid them then when it comes to a situation you can't, you have trouble (and start the ban assassins on the console train after three or four months of it having died away).

Of course there are other heroes more or less balanced. But only Centurion has this salt from beginning, we are disappointed with Season 3 promises (at the end of Season 2 on Warrior's Den we were told that Centurion will get a fix with start of the new Season).

I kind of get why they are taking it slowly though. They know both what happens when they overnerf a character and what they get when they then rebuff that character. They had to deal with a mountain of salt when they tried to get Valkyrie back into a competitive state, can you imagine what happens if they overnerf the Centurion? No way they will be able to give him a buff if he goes bottom of the pile like Valkyrie did without, the moment it is announced, having a dozen messages on here and reddit sounding like the writer is frothing at the mouth because how dare they.

bmason1000
09-03-2017, 10:20 PM
I kind of get why they are taking it slowly though. They know both what happens when they overnerf a character and what they get when they then rebuff that character. They had to deal with a mountain of salt when they tried to get Valkyrie back into a competitive state, can you imagine what happens if they overnerf the Centurion? No way they will be able to give him a buff if he goes bottom of the pile like Valkyrie did without, the moment it is announced, having a dozen messages on here and reddit sounding like the writer is frothing at the mouth because how dare they. Dude, yeah. If they over nerfed cent then three weeks later gave him a buff to compensate, the community would explode. How dare you buff cent leave him in the trash where he belongs oh look cents unbeatable again fixed and broke again blah blah blah insert just/unjust bile it would produce.

That_guy44
09-03-2017, 10:28 PM
You are right. Practice will do good and help you overcome some of the bs. Some characters are just at a disadvantage though. Shugoki and Nobushi have the same block speed as everyone else but they still have the same old parry speed they had pre patch. You may see the lights coming but the character may be too slow to react.

Malyngo
09-03-2017, 10:34 PM
... who, on seeing my peacekeeper on the matchup screen quit before an attack was thrown or the kind of people that quit after I won a round
Maybe they just leave because they see this "On par with your team, lower than the Enemy" **** again.

I always stay for the first round, even if it states the above, because you never know. But if it was a gank fest, I leave and try another match makeup. Because I have never seen the matchmaker trying to balance it out after a first gank fest.

bmason1000
09-03-2017, 10:45 PM
https://getlevelten.com/sites/default/files/inline-images/be_cool.gifi just want to mention how much i appreciate any always sunny post. You win haha, thread closed.

AnEnticingSquid
09-03-2017, 10:48 PM
You should change the name of this post to "Here's my opinion.". It seems the backlash you got when you tried to defend centurian has gotten to you... Just remember that the most idiotic people are most often the loudest. The majority of the community does exactly what you are saying. A handful get on the forums and flame those who disagree with them. Just be careful that you don't become the very thing you are trying to attack in this post...

We.the.North
09-03-2017, 10:49 PM
(even if they can't articulate it).

https://www.reddit.com/r/forhonor/comments/6xmtoy/honest_confession_of_a_reformed_centurion_main/

CandleInTheDark
09-03-2017, 10:52 PM
Maybe they just leave because they see this "On par with your team, lower than the Enemy" **** again.

I always stay for the first round, even if it states the above, because you never know. But if it was a gank fest, I leave and try another match makeup. Because I have never seen the matchmaker trying to balance it out after a first gank fest.

Eh I am talking about long before that was ever a thing in duel, though yeah I can guess it would be a thing in the 4v4's as well.

Tillo.
09-03-2017, 10:59 PM
Name it what you want.
But after 8 months, 95% of playerbase gone and the most game breaking problem still going on (connection) cannot be denied.
And if you add worse customer support, worse forum support where you will be censored if you don't shut up makes the perfect game ruiner combo.

Herbstlicht
09-03-2017, 11:31 PM
Players from all skill levels play this game. Some amazingly strong, some not so much. All just want to have fun their way.

I don't even care about "weak" Dominion players that play Dominion and like .. nothing else? Why should I care. Dominion actually is the most balanced game mode when you got mixed teams (centurion or high cc gank-squads happily are rarely the case) and the one where people can have a lot of fun. Those people too, paid for the game. And if they go to the forums and tell others:" I don't enjoy fighting the Centurion!" - they got every right to do so.

In the end, its up to Ubi how to treat their customers. Personally, I would advice every company to care about their casuals. Because thats the majority of sales. Burn those people one time too often, and you lost them. People that just wanna have fun but .. don't get it, they are not likely to return.

So, what I wanna say: elitism only hurts. You can be elitist with your friends, with your circle of players whatever. But this place is for everybody, and everybody may include some elitists, but as the name suggests: its not the majority. So "we" might not like this attitude overly much.

I hope in the end, we all want a balanced game where its skill that sets up people the most, even if the skill levels are rather close. Not hero choice. And when the skill levels are rather close, hero choice really makes all of a difference those days in For Honor.

UbiJurassic
09-03-2017, 11:36 PM
Name it what you want.
But after 8 months, 95% of playerbase gone and the most game breaking problem still going on (connection) cannot be denied.
And if you add worse customer support, worse forum support where you will be censored if you don't shut up makes the perfect game ruiner combo.

There's a difference between censorship and the team giving you infractions because you hijacked another player's thread, bumped your older posts and lashed out against members of the community team. We hoped that you would learn the difference after repeatedly asking you to follow the forum rules.

Tillo.
09-03-2017, 11:41 PM
I have never breached any forum rule.
I still can't play a AAA $60 game uninterrupted, and instead of using your time to fix it, you censor the people who you disagree with.

S0Mi_xD
09-04-2017, 12:04 AM
...why do people need to stay put of 4v4? And if a regular dominion player decides to play duel because they want to improve, why would you discourage that? Your point is a good one, acquiring skill in this game requires practice but it's really clouded by your insanely cocky elitism.

I agree with bmason1000

also, i do mentioned this nearly every time, that you need to practice with a hero to understand him etc.

Right message, wraped in the not so fitting words.
(i am not better sometimes - getting "triggered" and reacte in a unappropriate manner, is just being human ^^

Netcode_err_404
09-04-2017, 12:45 AM
Exactly, couldn't agree more.

lMoosel,

Do you think that no one is practicing? Or maybe you think that only you are practicing and rest of us are just crying?

Kid,

Every hero is beatable and you are right that sometimes practice is a best way to learn how to beat specific hero. But not every hero require same effort. That's why people are complaining about Centurion. He is quick to pick, easy to win a fight.

Do you think that you discovered a fire or America? Great advice of the year - learn :) We would never guessed. The problem is even If you are For Honor God one mistake will come with great, unbalanced punish from Centurion side. That's why people want Devs to fix this hero.

wHILE i ABSOLUTELY AGREE ON THE MATTER THAT CENT IS BROKEN, i THINK THAT MOST OF THE PEOPLE JUST JOINED THE BAMDWAGON OF HATE REGARDING CENTS.

i mean yes he is broken, we know this, but I don't see the same hate regarding Warlords for example. Which I conbsider even more broken than cents, because all they need to do is one GB and they win the match, in most of the 1v1 maps.

And still have a S tier kit.

Linnix1
09-04-2017, 12:52 AM
The seething hate for warlord got quiet since Ubi actually started to try and nerf him. The only reason cent hate is so vocal is that Ubi refuses to do something simple as lowering his max stamina

Netcode_err_404
09-04-2017, 12:56 AM
The seething hate for warlord got quiet since Ubi actually started to try and nerf him. The only reason cent hate is so vocal is that Ubi refuses to do something simple as lowering his max stamina

You probably are right.

But trying to nerf a class without succeding it, and not trying at all, is pretty much the same thing.

Linnix1
09-04-2017, 01:19 AM
And also toss in the fact that it only took 2 weeks to gut shinobi's prime set up move. While cent got nothing and ubi's only repsonse to not nerfing cent then was he's to new and people need to practice fighting him.

Wolf-Heathen
09-04-2017, 01:32 AM
Yeah, where was that measured restraint with the Shinobi? They either lack the ability or the will to nerf the Centurion. His kit is fundamentally flawed and they simply refuse to admit it. The fact that they're so baffled on how to adjust him so he isn't OP and not make him "nerfed to irrelevance" proves it.

Howard_T_J
09-04-2017, 01:40 AM
Yeah, where was that measured restraint with the Shinobi? They either lack the ability or the will to nerf the Centurion. His kit is fundamentally flawed and they simply refuse to admit it. The fact that they're so baffled on how to adjust him so he isn't OP and not make him "nerfed to irrelevance" proves it.

Slow him down and tax his moves on stamina a tad bit more.... and do it tidbits at a time until the *****ing stops imo. His moves are fine. The way they are. I just think he moves to swiftly without running out of stamina for too long of a period of time.

brashtralas
09-04-2017, 02:51 AM
wHILE i ABSOLUTELY AGREE ON THE MATTER THAT CENT IS BROKEN, i THINK THAT MOST OF THE PEOPLE JUST JOINED THE BAMDWAGON OF HATE REGARDING CENTS.

i mean yes he is broken, we know this, but I don't see the same hate regarding Warlords for example. Which I conbsider even more broken than cents, because all they need to do is one GB and they win the match, in most of the 1v1 maps.

There's a reason for that. The warlord is incredibly more imbalanced than the centurion, but he isn't utterly rage inducing in the ways he's imbalanced.

Warlord can kill you off 1 single gb/parry gb. One.

The centurion can wall splat you and induce a complete execution style cinematic that REMOVES ALL CONTROL FROM THE OPPOSING PLAYER FOR AN EXTENDED PERIOD.

It's not a hate bandwagon, it's people not liking losing control of their character, and(this is why the warlord is less complained about) never being knocked out of this animation despite the centurions teammate smacking you non-stop.

If you get gb'd and your opponents teammates hit you, it ends the gb. If you get pinned/jabbed/knocked down/eagles taloned by a centurion, teammate interference never comes into play.

It's a poor design when considering the oppositions fun. Yeah, it's empowering and exciting for the centurion(I'd know), but not for the guy it's happening to, other centurions included.

No other character in the game(besides shinobi, who oddly enough released at the same time, and to a far lesser degree, gladiator) has cinematic cutscenes that aren't an execution. If you recall, there was a promo for the centurion where he does the eagles talon combo, and everyone was saying how cool the execution was.

S.J.Lannister
09-04-2017, 06:29 AM

Yes I'm aware that Warlord is unbalanced too. But in a soft way. Fresh player won't take 40%-50% of your health with infinite combo after one luck parry. He needs to be balanced too. Still even If Warlord could be harder to beat it is more fun to play with.

bananaflow2017
09-04-2017, 07:58 AM
Yes I'm aware that Warlord is unbalanced too. But in a soft way. Fresh player won't take 40%-50% of your health with infinite combo after one luck parry. He needs to be balanced too. Still even If Warlord could be harder to beat it is more fun to play with.

This! Finally if he doesnt have anything after the light.. the other light u can block and the gb can be avoided too.
The only Thing he has against non assasins is his wall splat and getting into this is really annoying... this is his way to win and even Cent players think there should be a redesign u r just to dependent on this. Ur parry combo doesnt work in assasins and others get stomped by it badly...
I hope there will be some changes....

Butonfly
09-04-2017, 08:12 AM
OP, what brand of protein powder do you buy? And does your Doctor prescribe your steroid injections or do you go through the black market?

bananaflow2017
09-04-2017, 08:31 AM
OP, what brand of protein powder do you buy? And does your Doctor prescribe your steroid injections or do you go through the black market?

The brand is: INCREDIBILI!

matt89connor
09-04-2017, 08:54 AM
Nobody's saying it so I will, practice. More practice less crying. Why is so accepted to come on the forums or Reddit complaining about a specific hero or ability and not practice to learn it. Seriously it blows my
Mind, it's been warden or pk or Warlord. Cents the current flavor of the month but nobody wants to improve just complain. I play on Xbox and I don't have problems with fast attacks like I see people complain about all the time because I practice. I've got 2 or 3 buddy's who I would say are top lvl players along with myself and we regularly just scrim custom duels. We've got nasty LBs, wardens, cents, etc and we just duel over and over again and the result is when we play online we generally smash our opponents (90% + win rates) and you know what happens when I/we lose? Instantly rematch none of that rage quit insta leave garbage.

This community needs to pull up its bootstraps and put in some time. Too many of you bought this game not thinking about the fact that it has a high skill gap like any fighter. Stay out of 4v4 because us duelist can see you scrubs a mile away. High rep who can't even last in 1v1 too used to relying on the gank.

Hate and flame me if you must but at the end of the day I'm the one of those sweats who's beating your *** because I've taken my *** beatings and learned.

you think that duel is more important than dominion for learn to play 1v1? yes is true...but dominion or elimination is very more fun than a 1v1. when you find a turtle or a flicker in duel is hard to play

kweassa1
09-04-2017, 09:07 AM
nobody's saying it so i will, practice. More practice less crying. Why is so accepted to come on the forums or reddit complaining about a specific hero or ability and not practice to learn it. Seriously it blows my
mind, it's been warden or pk or warlord. Cents the current flavor of the month but nobody wants to improve just complain. I play on xbox and i don't have problems with fast attacks like i see people complain about all the time because i practice. I've got 2 or 3 buddy's who i would say are top lvl players along with myself and we regularly just scrim custom duels. We've got nasty lbs, wardens, cents, etc and we just duel over and over again and the result is when we play online we generally smash our opponents (90% + win rates) and you know what happens when i/we lose? Instantly rematch none of that rage quit insta leave garbage.

Hate and flame me if you must but at the end of the day i'm the one of those sweats who's beating your *** because i've taken my *** beatings and learned.

^ ^ ^ DA TRUTH

Most people aren't skilled enough for balance to become a real factor anyway.

guor6800
09-04-2017, 09:24 AM
^ ^ ^ DA TRUTH

https://fhtracker.com/profile/pc/kweassa1

One of the few times that i totally agree with ya.

Sneaky-Patches
09-04-2017, 09:24 AM
^ ^ ^ DA TRUTH

Stop replying to your own threads with a different account, it's sad.