PDA

View Full Version : If the ranked is going to succeed these need to happen

SplugeKing
09-03-2017, 08:07 PM
The headbutts, shoves, shoulder bashes kicks, punches, shoves, all of them need to expend way more stam than they do. This game should not allow weaker players to abuse these exploits. Last week den, baldy said the warden could bash (maybe cancel) 16 times in a row! All of those moves should not be able to be done more than 3 times without running oos. It is so unbelievably frustrating losing the match because at the end you were exploited by bs after bs after bs when the game was tight. The cent shouldn't be able to get me oos until he is THEN RECOVER FASTER THAN ME TOO. Fix these moves now.

Note: after why isn't it just an option for regular matches why it have to be tournament mode?

Tyrjo
09-03-2017, 09:17 PM
I think the rewards for Duel tournament need to be vast in order for it to succeed. Most players do not like skill checks. It's not fun to be placed in bronze league when you thought you had platinum skill. So how do you get people to play it anyways?

Duel tournament should give the most steel/hour and xp/hour of any game mode. That is the only incentive to get players to play it, and getting players to play it is the only way for the match making to work well. If the match making works well it will give the players a better experience and more balanced matches.

Lyskir
09-03-2017, 09:27 PM
keep the headbutts and stuff

BUT all the other weaker heroes need a good opener

a hero with an Unblockable meele attack like shoulderbash and headbutt or super fast lights/zone (PK) will always be better than a hero without stuff like that,

all those useless alibi buffs to kensei zerker or other low tier heroes does not help them, they are still trash

for example, take kensei

buff his dmg= he is still useless
with the deff meta change + new parry rewards = he is still useless
more feintable stuff = still useless

and now?

are those heroes doomed to be useless?

UbiInsulin
09-03-2017, 09:29 PM
I think the rewards for Duel tournament need to be vast in order for it to succeed. Most players do not like skill checks. It's not fun to be placed in bronze league when you thought you had platinum skill. So how do you get people to play it anyways?

Duel tournament should give the most steel/hour and xp/hour of any game mode. That is the only incentive to get players to play it, and getting players to play it is the only way for the match making to work well. If the match making works well it will give the players a better experience and more balanced matches.

We've definitely noted folks' concerns about tournament rewards (i.e. rewards for relevant heroes, more XP/steel).

Herbstlicht
09-03-2017, 11:03 PM
Hm .. yes, with matchmaking working nicely, even "weak" heros will manage well at a 50% win ratio because you might often play against strong heroes, but those will be played by bad players.
Anyway, looking the Centurion and the past months, I don't see any real balancing before S4. I will still stick with the game because I still believe in the people making it better. I just don't take the new mode and stuff seriously. I mean how could I, trying this stuff with my little Highlander, I simply fell victim to everything that was fast, aggressive and had a bad connection ^^

However, I strongly agree with better rewards overall.

Wolf-Heathen
09-04-2017, 01:50 AM
This game will never be taken seriously on a competitive scene when you have so many abusable "safe" moves and UBs that guarantee damage costing next to no stamina. Why even bother having blocking and chains in the game at all when all people do are guaranteed damage hits?

All these shoves, headbutts, kicks, sweeps, and UB need to be on par with the Raider's in terms of stamina cost. They're supposed to be used to open up an opponent, not spam them repeatedly over and over.

kweassa1
09-04-2017, 02:23 AM
Or maybe people should just accept the fact that no matter how well the devs "fix" the game, the odds are they'll still lose, they'll still suck, and they'll still be placed at bronze...

...instead of acting lilke a bunch of 5 year olds.

Oh yeah, sure, in an ideal world, all the ball teams have exactly same budgets with exact same opportunities to get their hands on skilled players, and maybe all the teams would get to win the World Series in turns. Unfortunately, in real life, there are disparities. So you're given a choice to either accept that as reality and do your best in it, or if you don't like the odds, not play at all.

Like, if you're going to play it, just go play it and accept the outcome. If you're not going to play it -- ah well, hope others who do play it have fun. What's there really to talk about?

It's like every single one of these threads are a bunch of long-winded, pathetic grouping of excuses to explain "why I should be winning those ranked modes, but I cannot, because something else always screws me over".

It's pathetic, guys.

Really, grow up.

Do I want bugs and imbalances fixed? Of course I do. But if you think those bugs and imbalances are such a big factor in your own gameplay in ranked modes, then don't play it. End of story. If you still want to give it a shot, then its your own choice. Do so, have fun, and stop whining about the results for f***'s sake. ...Gawd :rolleyes:

psyminion
09-04-2017, 04:34 AM
I dunno, I think i'll keep sharing my experiences with the game and my thoughts about it.

speaking of, I got placed in Gold2 but quickly went on an epic losing streak after EVERYONE played as cent, and I just couldn't do it.

it's poop.

I admit I'm no pro but c'mon, it does seem like the centurion has an edge over the rest of the cast of heroes simply due to his ability to relentlessly punish.

he definitely needs some toning down.

Camemberto
09-04-2017, 06:27 AM
When I played the tournament mode for the first (and the last) time, this is what happened:
I had three flawless matches, all of which I won 3 - 0, one match against a Centurion, which I won 3 - 1 and then the semi finals, in which I was matched up against a Nobushi. I was winning the match 2 - 0 and then got KICKED out of the third round because the connection was bad for a mere second. Of course I "lost" the match and was thrown out of the tournament.

To add to my obvious frustration, my reward was ONE (probably rep 0 level 2) symbol for my Shugoki... A character, I haven't even once touched.

Also, why the hell does it have premade banners and names for the players? Where's the sense in that? Why do I even bother making an awesome banner, if it isn't shown off at all? Especially at the PERFECT opportunity!

Tournament mode sounded great, but it's just like the duel mode, but with longer waiting times. You really should have spent the resources on fixing what's wrong with the game *cough* Centurion *cough* instead of introducing another broken bit to your pile of... broken bits.

Knight_Raime
09-04-2017, 09:59 AM
Pretty much every unblockable attack in this game is balanced.
centurion's unblockable stam damage could be looked into.
Offensive form unblockable stuff could stand to lose less stamina on use.
etc.

Unblockables serve as a tool to force a reaction. You limit that too severely and you slow the game down and indirectly buff turtle play.
If you're struggling against unblockable spam you need to grow as a player.

guor6800
09-04-2017, 10:32 AM
Pretty much every unblockable attack in this game is balanced.
centurion's unblockable stam damage could be looked into.
Offensive form unblockable stuff could stand to lose less stamina on use.
etc.

Unblockables serve as a tool to force a reaction. You limit that too severely and you slow the game down and indirectly buff turtle play.
If you're struggling against unblockable spam you need to grow as a player.

Every unblockable move or so is balanced, lets say we agree.Whats up with heroes that lack those unblockable moves though? There's clearly a difference in power levels between heroes that do have and heroes that don't. Or are we gonna introduce at least one such move per hero?

Knight_Raime
09-04-2017, 10:34 AM
Every unblockable move or so is balanced, lets say we agree.Whats up with heroes that lack those unblockable moves though? There's clearly a difference in power levels between heroes that do have and heroes that don't. Or are we gonna introduce at least one such move per hero?

Ideally each hero in the game would have a consistent opener move.
That's what i'm hoping for come the rest of the defensive meta changes/hero roster balance patch.

guor6800
09-04-2017, 10:40 AM
Ideally each hero in the game would have a consistent opener move.
That's what i'm hoping for come the rest of the defensive meta changes/hero roster balance patch.

From 1vs1 perspective this sounds legit.
In 4vs4 though it seems terrifying.

Just imagine what's gonna happen when literally every champ in the game can kick/punch/headbutt etc.If that's gonna happen they should make those moves very stamina hungry even if its only for 4vs4 modes (if it's even possible to achieve)

Knight_Raime
09-04-2017, 10:47 AM
From 1vs1 perspective this sounds legit.
In 4vs4 though it seems terrifying.

Just imagine what's gonna happen when literally every champ in the game can kick/punch/headbutt etc.If that's gonna happen they should make those moves very stamina hungry even if its only for 4vs4 modes (if it's even possible to achieve)

I see your point. But i'd much rather they just add a deminishing return system where repeated use of an unblockable bash in x period of time would have less and less effect. Smash bros does this wonderfully but with any spammed attack.

Vakris_One
09-04-2017, 02:05 PM
The Highlander's kick and feint into Caber Toss would do wonders for the Kensei if he/she had its own version. Hopefully the devs are planning on giving each hero a consistent opener move now that they have gotten "better at designing heroes" (paraphrasing).

Wolf-Heathen
09-04-2017, 05:38 PM
I see your point. But i'd much rather they just add a deminishing return system where repeated use of an unblockable bash in x period of time would have less and less effect. Smash bros does this wonderfully but with any spammed attack.

You just argued my point. I wasn't advocating for the removal of UB, as my issues was more with turtling up and the over-reliance on safe moves or guaranteed damage. These moves are fine in the game, but their stamina costs need to be increased, or some other restriction introduced to prevent them being used exclusively.