PDA

View Full Version : Centurion question

Scrubnubloard
09-03-2017, 04:22 AM
so at first the centurions kick didn't bother me until the Highlander came out and it got me thinking why does the centurions kick stun. There's plenty of characters in the game that kick but none of them stun you and it is odd and I think it's part of his problem. So you got the stun off the kick (and its drains stamina) and what can you do. well you get a guarantee light attack ( which if it's guaranteed there's no reason for it to stun) and then from there you can do another light attack while you're still stunned or you can do a grab after the light on the same motion you don't know which one is going to be or you could go for a heavy which can connect if they're not on the same guard stance as you (at least it does for me) or you can go into the heavy and faint into a guard break or go into a zone if the guy is a low health it can kill. it's also the most risky because of the last 2 hits. but hear me out if there isn't a stun you can see what is going on a be able to counter it more and make him (at least in my opinion) make him a more of a balanced hero. it just has some much he can so after the kick it's crazy... just my two cents on it.

sweg_master_G
09-03-2017, 11:07 PM
I agree completely with you on this. When fighting centurions you spend almost the whole time stunned making it very difficult for people to react. The problem is the devs think he is still balanced somehow and people in the community who play as him don't wanna lose the easiest way to kill people. I always thought that the punch should never knock you down. People say "well you can dodge it" or "get gud" but every time it happens I'm stunlocked for so long I can't do anything to stop him. I play on PS4 and I'm usually an orochi

HumoLoco
09-03-2017, 11:22 PM
Centurion's kick stun is not really stun. it just push you off and give you time to dodge or not. If not, you getting attack by his heavy attack at the end. which similar to Raider's opener pretty much.

Antonioj26
09-03-2017, 11:28 PM
so at first the centurions kick didn't bother me until the Highlander came out and it got me thinking why does the centurions kick stun. There's plenty of characters in the game that kick but none of them stun you and it is odd and I think it's part of his problem. So you got the stun off the kick (and its drains stamina) and what can you do. well you get a guarantee light attack ( which if it's guaranteed there's no reason for it to stun) and then from there you can do another light attack while you're still stunned or you can do a grab after the light on the same motion you don't know which one is going to be or you could go for a heavy which can connect if they're not on the same guard stance as you (at least it does for me) or you can go into the heavy and faint into a guard break or go into a zone if the guy is a low health it can kill. it's also the most risky because of the last 2 hits. but hear me out if there isn't a stun you can see what is going on a be able to counter it more and make him (at least in my opinion) make him a more of a balanced hero. it just has some much he can so after the kick it's crazy... just my two cents on it.

You can't go into a heavy after the light. I mean you can but it's not a chain so they will be in recovery giving you time to reasses the situation. Really If they go for the second light that should be a free parry for you, by then the stun is gone. Quick gb is useless against decent players, the trick is to know that it's coming and there's only 2 options following the light after the kick.