PDA

View Full Version : How much cheating?

Archeun
09-03-2017, 01:49 AM
I see many matches where I can't land a blow and which all of my attacks are blocked/parried. How much cheating via software etc takes place?

UbiNoty
09-03-2017, 01:56 AM
I wouldn't be able to quote you any numbers, but if you're ever in a situation where you feel you've run into a potential cheater make sure you report them to us (https://support.ubi.com/en-US/Cases/new?template=FHReportACheater)!

Archeun
09-03-2017, 02:01 AM
I can't be 100% sure but I run into situations I mean literally, I'll be fighting and can't do anything to a player. Was fighting a Conq earlier and I setup right behind, tried to backstab, block, tried again, block one last time, blocked. I don't mind being beaten by someone but I've seen Rep 2 people sit and literally destroy a team like they aren't doing anything. Is there a way ingame to record at a specific time if I think it is occurring?

Vakris_One
09-03-2017, 02:13 AM
I can't be 100% sure but I run into situations I mean literally, I'll be fighting and can't do anything to a player. Was fighting a Conq earlier and I setup right behind, tried to backstab, block, tried again, block one last time, blocked. I don't mind being beaten by someone but I've seen Rep 2 people sit and literally destroy a team like they aren't doing anything. Is there a way ingame to record at a specific time if I think it is occurring?
Well any player can block you if you strike at them while they are locked onto someone else. A red indicator comes on-screen for any attack that comes at you. Blocking someone that you aren't locked on to in a 2v1 is actually easier since you only need to guard either left or right.

Are you sure you aren't simply encountering the defensive meta, i.e. a player who does nothing but block your attacks and only ever hits you after they parry your attack?

pancakerz
09-03-2017, 02:21 AM
^^^ Conquerer even has a full block. So he could have done all of that without even paying attention

CheekyKemosabe
09-03-2017, 03:23 AM
Blocking an opponent you're not locked onto is often much easier than the one you're currently locked onto because it's simply a matter of what direction the other opponent is attacking from. With a non-locked opponent you don't have to worry so much about which guard stance they are using for their attack, just as long as you block in that general direction of where they are standing when they attack. I often, when I play elimination or dominion, will intentionally stay locked onto one hero for the duration of getting ganked just so I can better block all incoming attacks. Only really need to switch targets when it's safe to go on the offensive and deal damage to each of them. Keeps them on their toes and buys me a little more time.