PDA

View Full Version : Highlander vs Lawbringer matchup

ArcheDemonm
09-03-2017, 01:26 AM
Is there any way Highlander can land any dmg on Lawbringer in 1 v 1?

It is common knowledge that celtic curse is completely negated by shove on block ability, however i had high hopes for offesive lights as an opener only to find out that they don't work against lawbringer for the same reason they dont work against orochi: close range is negated by top fast which is too fast to pe parried after baiting by going into OS or by OS fast attacks. Long-range OS is completely negated by instant lawbringer impaling sprint attack which is completely undashable if Lawbringer is smart enough to lock only on last second.

So how get any dmg in at all?

Alustar.
09-03-2017, 01:37 AM
Bait for a grab and throw the fker is what I do. Also make use of CC if you bait a heavy you can land a Cc eaiser. That leads to a fast flow to OS, kick UB, soft feint into lights as needed.

ArcheDemonm
09-03-2017, 01:41 AM
This implies lawbringer tries to parry you with heavies which he doesnt(and honestly shouldnt) ever try to do.

Alustar.
09-03-2017, 01:49 AM
And that's why you follow up with a light right off the bat. Regardless what his respond is, your attack is coming after. It's even better if you fast flow into a light cause they come quicker.
I'm not going to say I don't struggle with a good LB still, but dealing with the shove is as easier as not giving him an attack that's readily manipulated.

Use your range and your hyperarmor to trade some hits if you have to too, it's easy to whiff a heavy or light to FF to OS and then smack him with a light when he gets too close.