PDA

View Full Version : Nerf CENTURION!!!

Charge50
09-02-2017, 09:50 PM
He is the easiest person to play, while the hardest to go up against. You drains your stamina before you can scream "CHEESE" and can wipe you out in seconds. I have been putting my controller down every time he hits me because its just an endless vortex of sh*t. Please fix him!!!!

Netcode_err_404
09-02-2017, 09:58 PM
Theres nothing to fix, is not bugged or anything else, Its just trash designed like most other heroes. Conquerors and pk and orochi, to name few.

UbiInsulin
09-02-2017, 10:13 PM
Hi Charge50! This part (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SQ3UU5U6SeU&feature=youtu.be&t=2225) of the last Warrior's Den may be relevant to your interests. The team is continuing to look at ways to make Centurion less frustrating to play against without nerfing him into irrelevance.

Haemmerst0rm
09-02-2017, 11:01 PM
Just make the punches not wallsplatting. Only the kick may wall splat. Give the punches the purpose of a raider stunning tap. A stunning tap doesnt wallsplat, so should centurion punch. i think this is a fair balance.

AnEnticingSquid
09-03-2017, 03:16 AM
I hate cent, but these endless posts about the same thing is starting to get old. There is a 300 comment post about this and a 60 comment one above that... We all know the problems and there is nothing new to bring to the table. The devs know the problem, the community knows, hell my mother knows the problem and she doesn't even know how to turn on a computer... Either it will get fixed, or not. Either way, there is nothing more we can do about it but wait. PATIENTLY. Now good day to you sir.

Tundra 793
09-03-2017, 03:21 AM
I hate cent, but these endless posts about the same thing is starting to get old. There is a 300 comment post about this and a 60 comment one above that... We all know the problems and there is nothing new to bring to the table. The devs know the problem, the community knows, hell my mother knows the problem and she doesn't even know how to turn on a computer... Either it will get fixed, or not. Either way, there is nothing more we can do about it but wait. PATIENTLY. Now good day to you sir.

As a form of protest I welcome any and all Centurion threads. Eventually it just cannot be postponed, or ignored.

I'm actually kinda surprised Kotaku or another gaming media site hasn't done a story on how the single most hated character in For Honor has barely been touched since he launched.

AnEnticingSquid
09-03-2017, 03:27 AM
As a form of protest I welcome any and all Centurion threads. Eventually it just cannot be postponed, or ignored.

I'm actually kinda surprised Kotaku or another gaming media site hasn't done a story on how the single most hated character in For Honor has barely been touched since he launched.

You know those people that stand in the middle of highways to protest something? Aren't they annoying? Don't you hate those people? Now imagine those people are protesting that the roads have too many traffic jams... That is what i think the devs feel when they see this. It's unconstructive, it's redundant, and it's borderline spam at this point... The fix will come. Nothing will speed that up.

Tundra 793
09-03-2017, 03:47 AM
You know those people that stand in the middle of highways to protest something?

Without trying to be funny, I really don't. That's never been an issue for me. I can't even recall seeing it on the news.

It's unconstructive, it's redundant, and it's borderline spam at this point... The fix will come. Nothing will speed that up.

At this point, and based on Roman's most recent comments, I'm getting the sense that they're hardly even working on fixing him. At this point, there should be weekly PTR changes to see how to make him not frustrating, but there isn't.
If we're lucky, they doing internal tests on him. But keep in mind the people who are trying to fix him are the same people who released him in the state he's largely still in.

The plethora of comments and threads have offered numerous legitimate suggestions to help get the Centurion to a place where we can at least not hate him. And still, nothing. I want the community to keep pressuring the devs, because It just should not take this long to at least attempt some of the things we're suggesting.

Wolf-Heathen
09-03-2017, 04:51 AM
You know those people that stand in the middle of highways to protest something? Aren't they annoying? Don't you hate those people? Now imagine those people are protesting that the roads have too many traffic jams... That is what i think the devs feel when they see this. It's unconstructive, it's redundant, and it's borderline spam at this point... The fix will come. Nothing will speed that up.

Your analogy bears no relevance whatsoever to the Centurion issue. People upset about the character and posting on the forums about their frustrations with him do not detract from your ability to play the game in any way.

They stalled all through season 2 saying it's not that easy to nerf him because of 4v4 and 1v1 modes. Then we were told that the fix would come with season 3. Now, after all this lengthy discussion regarding him, as well as several well thought-out posts by the community on how to adjust him, they say, "Hey, everything you've been saying is wrong. Our data says so. It's not that big of a deal."

So, you can understand how a lot of people don't exactly have a lot of confidence in Ubisoft doing the right thing when it comes to the Centurion. They've stalled and made excuse after excuse for not adjusting him, with Roman even saying he likes the way Centurion plays and he thinks there is nothing wrong with that playstyle.

If we're lucky, they doing internal tests on him.
Except they never test anything. That is what led us to the mess to begin with. Everything that comes out brings with it 2-3 new bugs, and we get the same response, "Thanks, I'll pass this along to the dev team" -- "We need more data" -- "We're discussing it. These things take time"
Nothing ever comes out polished and working as intended.

TheTKOShow
09-03-2017, 04:54 AM
Get rid of the guard break feint from heavy and his light gb

Franleonhart
09-03-2017, 04:56 AM
roman doesnt say **** about the problems with the centurion, no one actually say something relevant about it, because they dont even test their own game!.

HiTeHa
09-03-2017, 10:43 AM
Lol ... this "team" you are taliing about need skills first than they should do a nerfs / buffs! Every nerfs they made just do the game even worse!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Herbstlicht
09-03-2017, 10:49 AM
Once Centurion no longer is considered the walking cutscene, things will improve. But as long as fighting him feels like utter bs, the hate will be strong.

RatedChaotic
09-03-2017, 11:29 AM
Roman looks like someone pisses in his wheaties everyday. The look of a button masher in pissy mode in my opinion. Thats why Cent is the way he is. I wish I could do just 1/4 of what the Cent can do on my Conq. The more heroes that are released the more boring he gets.

Ontari
09-03-2017, 12:37 PM
It's funny how Ubisoft rep tells us they don't want to nerf centurion into irrelevance, while they did it to the Shinobi almost instantly after release without such problems :)

Tyrjo
09-03-2017, 12:37 PM
Once Centurion no longer is considered the walking cutscene, things will improve. But as long as fighting him feels like utter bs, the hate will be strong.

Yep, there is no tit for tat when you play against him. If you for some reason manage to win, you win slowly, if Centurion wins he wins fast. Once he gets one parry counter or wall splat it's over.

Lyskir
09-03-2017, 12:53 PM
Yep, there is no tit for tat when you play against him. If you for some reason manage to win, you win slowly, if Centurion wins he wins fast. Once he gets one parry counter or wall splat it's over.

just dodge ( ͡ ͜ʖ ͡ )

Alustar.
09-03-2017, 02:38 PM
I see fragile egos everywhere here...

Hangover-66
09-03-2017, 03:15 PM
if he makes his 6 unblockable attacks that you can not move or dogde and steals your stamina, so he can make more attacks - which are unblockable - yes he is definitely overpowered...

all slow chars have a massive problem thereby

why Ubisoft has created a stronger hero than every others chars - nobody can understand this way

Warherotim7
09-03-2017, 04:26 PM
i hear yeah

CrunaCross
09-03-2017, 04:56 PM
Hi Charge50! This part (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SQ3UU5U6SeU&feature=youtu.be&t=2225) of the last Warrior's Den may be relevant to your interests. The team is continuing to look at ways to make Centurion less frustrating to play against without nerfing him into irrelevance.

Soooo... basically you said NOTHING. In the Warrior's Den they even lied in the face of the players claiming that some INVISIBLE "knowledgeable" pro players of who NOBODY knows anything about agree that Centurion is not strong. WHO ARE THOSE SO CALLED players who said that? I want to see them. They take their OWN audience for idiots really.

The problem of Centurion is the entire kit. Having options for ANYTHING without limitations. They have ALL the advantages of ALL the characters combined, and added some more. Now if this would be a SINGLE player game and that would be some sort of end game boss, I would understand. But This is a MULTIPLAYER PVP focused game where characters should stand on a balanced spot. But the dev team has zero ideas what they are doing.

We are here for the unique game, and we get upset because of the devs lack of any expertise and professionalism when handling the REQUIRED part of a multiplayer game which is balance.
If players are punished simply by putting up with the game's flaws and stick around to support you, you would need to show more respect and get to work. If the concept was not interesting, EVERYBODY would have left and you wouldn't have reached Season 3. But you can't do the same trick forever. And if these things are not fixed, you are going down. The flashy graphics, and nice idea will get old, and after that what's left. A stupid game with idiotic balance issues.

S.J.Lannister
09-03-2017, 05:07 PM

How many seasons do you need to fix Centurion? Or maybe you just wait till For Honor 2?

So many threads and you did nothing except collecting data. Few weeks more and you will be collecting players because it's not fun especially in Ranked Mode to face Centurion.

Centurion is noob first choice. It is easy mode. Ranked mode is so full of them because you are still collecting data.

RoosterIlluzion
09-03-2017, 06:02 PM
He is the easiest person to play, while the hardest to go up against. You drains your stamina before you can scream "CHEESE" and can wipe you out in seconds. I have been putting my controller down every time he hits me because its just an endless vortex of sh*t. Please fix him!!!!

Theres nothing to fix, is not bugged or anything else, Its just trash designed like most other heroes. Conquerors and pk and orochi, to name few.

The fact that the devs look at win/lose to adjust a hero and actual gameplay mechanics, proves they don't know what they're doing OR they just like their favorites and will not fix them.
Player skills, win/lose has nothing to do with a heroes "cheapness" or "OP-ness." The fact that heroes have abilities that are spammable, or cheap and repeatable to the point where most of the community complains, and he's easy to play/hard to beat, means he's ****ing broken.

KersmackIDKFA
09-04-2017, 03:01 AM
It's ok, destiny 2 in 3 days. Rip 4 honor.

CrunaCross
09-04-2017, 03:04 AM
It's ok, destiny 2 in 3 days. Rip 4 honor.

The two games have nothing in common, so it will have nothing to do with it.

Linnix1
09-04-2017, 03:08 AM
If your looking for another multiplayer arena brawler there gundamn versus coming at the End of the month.

MaxSundy88
09-04-2017, 03:18 AM
He's an absolute hack. If he decides to fight you, you might as well set your controller down and light a cigarette.. Its ridiculous. They either need to stop making the P2P players so mother ****ing good or ramp up the existing heroes. Zerk needs a major buff. Anyone crying about assassin class obviously hasn't figured this game out because zerk is my main and lately im getting tore up, rabid dog style.

Howard_T_J
09-04-2017, 04:54 AM
All the /good/ centurions I've played against...

Turtle and wait for my **** up to... /stunlock/ me to death

The bad ones continually try to engage and then its a slaughterfest.

Aarpian
09-04-2017, 11:26 AM
Soooo... basically you said NOTHING. In the Warrior's Den they even lied in the face of the players claiming that some INVISIBLE "knowledgeable" pro players of who NOBODY knows anything about agree that Centurion is not strong. WHO ARE THOSE SO CALLED players who said that? I want to see them. They take their OWN audience for idiots really.

The problem of Centurion is the entire kit. Having options for ANYTHING without limitations. They have ALL the advantages of ALL the characters combined, and added some more. Now if this would be a SINGLE player game and that would be some sort of end game boss, I would understand. But This is a MULTIPLAYER PVP focused game where characters should stand on a balanced spot. But the dev team has zero ideas what they are doing.

We are here for the unique game, and we get upset because of the devs lack of any expertise and professionalism when handling the REQUIRED part of a multiplayer game which is balance.
If players are punished simply by putting up with the game's flaws and stick around to support you, you would need to show more respect and get to work. If the concept was not interesting, EVERYBODY would have left and you wouldn't have reached Season 3. But you can't do the same trick forever. And if these things are not fixed, you are going down. The flashy graphics, and nice idea will get old, and after that what's left. A stupid game with idiotic balance issues.

No good players think centurion is overpowered. We all just agree that his power isn't well spread around his kit. Offensively he's weak (like a lot of characters), but his parry punishes are hilariously good.

Alustar.
09-04-2017, 03:00 PM
If your looking for another multiplayer arena brawler there gundamn versus coming at the End of the month.

Yeah that ones going to be a bust anyway. Combat system is very clunky, connections are laggy and most matches are going to devolve to a kiting fest where your going to get eaten alive at range (if you are melee)
It was fun for a few hours for me, but it's really just Dragon Ball XV with gundams.
Be better off waiting for Gundam Breaker 3 honestly.

bananaflow2017
09-04-2017, 04:35 PM
No good players think centurion is overpowered. We all just agree that his power isn't well spread around his kit. Offensively he's weak (like a lot of characters), but his parry punishes are hilariously good.

This! And I play a valk....
I just Turtle up and wait for the parry or the right moment to shieldbash...
Rarely i feint into a light or a gb....

StriderBorne
09-05-2017, 07:15 PM
I got some data for you Ubi, Roman is a tool and your company is miserable at balancing a game

kbvlcvfkhgc
09-05-2017, 09:54 PM
Its beyond comical the way Ubisoft have handled the Centurion Cancer, you literally couldn't make it up, talk about insulting your customers intelligence, how long doers it take? how much ****!ing "Data: do you need to address this problem?

yes Cent mains will argue till the Cows come home that their Wrecking Ball isn't OP, that the rest of us are just whinny noobs that need to Git Gud, their the Fu@#ing kings of the battlefield that need one parry or one mistake by the opponent to spam the Sh!it out of their moveset, why would they want that to change? never mind about the pure unfiltered Cancer that they are in 4v4,

its just excuse after excuse from Ubiwank, "we need more data", "we don't want to handicap his SP game" "we'll have a fix in S3" " we understand its annoying, the team are look at this" and on and on and on but nothing ****!ng changes?

next time your fighting like a lion and some assh0#e Centurion off map splats you with the punch/drain /knockdown pin combo and you cant do a Fu#@!ng thing about it comfort yourself that "The Team are looking into it" like they have been since they introduced this character, thanks Ubisoft!

timur_the_boss
09-07-2017, 12:04 AM
Thats a funny comment, since warlord has been nerfed to irrelevance, reason why Centurion hasn't been nerfed yet, is because Ubisoft is hoping people purchase him for that 15000 steel by using real life money.