PDA

View Full Version : Can you at least make ranked rewards worth our time?

marshmallowmoo
09-02-2017, 09:22 PM
When I get slam dunked out of a tourney by the fourth assassin in a row, it's frustrating. When the rewards system kicks me 40 steel after four matches and about half an hour, I feel like a Camden ****** whose been given cab fare.

It's been said by doezens of people before me, but I'm gonna repeat it; the rewards from """duel tournament""" are downright insulting compared to the losses and generally unpleasant gameplay you go through to even get where you usually end up. From a steel/xp perspective, there's honestly no enticement to play the mode. Increase the steel, increase the XP increase... christ, increase anything to make this unpleasant ordeal of a game mode worth even considering.

UbiNoty
09-03-2017, 12:18 AM
We've brought up concerns with tournament rewards to the team many many times. Relevant hero rewards, more XP, more steel, etc. - it's all under discussion.

Rikuto01.tv
09-03-2017, 12:31 AM
You should ask the team what exactly they plan to compensate people with once they run out of ornaments to unlock that players have no intention of wearing.

That should bring the discussion to a productive direction real fast.

UbiNoty
09-03-2017, 12:48 AM
You should ask the team what exactly they plan to compensate people with once they run out of ornaments to unlock that players have no intention of wearing.

That should bring the discussion to a productive direction real fast.

Well I think any personal feelings about rewards is a bit more subjective and harder to argue. But whether rewards can actually be used by a player, or if it's relevant to the player is a much more tangible subject for discussion. As for running out of unlockable rewards - well it hasn't come to that yet, but we can talk about it as well.

XJadeDragoonX
09-03-2017, 12:53 AM
To the devs, should you not be awarded the reward for each tier as you win it? If you win semi finals, should you not get the semi finals reward? You won that tier so I feel like you should get it. By design, let's say you wanted a specific color palette. That's from I believe the semi finals. So if you make it to the finals, You have to LOSE I'm order to get the reward you want

UbiNoty
09-03-2017, 01:04 AM
To the devs, should you not be awarded the reward for each tier as you win it? If you win semi finals, should you not get the semi finals reward? You won that tier so I feel like you should get it. By design, let's say you wanted a specific color palette. That's from I believe the semi finals. So if you make it to the finals, You have to LOSE I'm order to get the reward you want

I believe I responded in your thread about this, but I've already noted your suggestion to be passed over to the team.

Wolf-Heathen
09-03-2017, 01:41 AM
We've brought up concerns with tournament rewards to the team many many times. Relevant hero rewards, more XP, more steel, etc. - it's all under discussion.

You know, just for once, why can't you do the proper due-diligence and discuss/examine data/actually tests things before you release it? Instead of just slapping together something and throwing it out on the live version, then to make the community wait months while you gather data and discuss things, how about you get it right the first time? Is that so hard to ask from studio like Ubisoft?

- Community highlights defensive meta issue one month after launch:
Make a big show about the defensive meta fix arriving with Season 3...Oh, the changes were too polarizing, so we need time to look at some changes and discuss.

- Outrage at Centurion on release:
Sorry guys, you'll have to wait until Season 3....Season 3 comes and no sign of the promised changes.Roman actually defends the Centurion saying their data proves community wrong. He isn't OP. What a farce.

- Parry Nerf and free heavy off of GB
Again, hyped up the community making us think real, positive change was coming to FH.....then on the 11th hour you pull it citing there was an unknown bug. Again community is left to deal with deal with this ridiculous issue, after you hyped up big changes for season 3.

- This tournament mode
A complete mess from it's inception. Making us sit through multiple pointless loading screens. Rewards that make playing the mode counter-productive, and a completely random reward for the tournament winner.

The pattern is you release something poorly thought out, or extremely buggy, then ask us to be patient while you gather data, examine it, and then have discussions about how it should really work.

It's become quite apparent that Ubisoft lacks confidence in FH, and is not funding UbiMontreal with the necessary budget to fix the mountain of issues with this game. Which is why you're using the community to beta test content after it's been released in a game that you have the audacity to fill with micro transactions and charged people with a AAA price tag.

Linnix1
09-03-2017, 01:50 AM
Given that there doing give away every warriors den and have time to design 30 sets of the same armor just with the slightest changes like more spikes they do have the time and money. And before someone says that design team is not the same as the balance team. CUT the ******* design teams budgets and sick it into the development teams. If the designers don't like it tough crap they can blame the balance team for ****ing up so bad that it had to happen.

Franleonhart
09-03-2017, 05:44 AM
i can smell 3rd degree burns, and i love it.

Tillo.
09-03-2017, 09:02 AM
Totally agree with Wolf, stop with the hype, lies and stuff.
Just stop it.

Rikuto01.tv
09-03-2017, 02:56 PM
Well I think any personal feelings about rewards is a bit more subjective and harder to argue. But whether rewards can actually be used by a player, or if it's relevant to the player is a much more tangible subject for discussion. As for running out of unlockable rewards - well it hasn't come to that yet, but we can talk about it as well.

If a reward is not an incentive, it isn't a reward by definition. So how can something that isn't usable be an incentive? Pretty obvious, but should still be said.

Nice thing about steel is that it nearly always has some kind of use. It is the ultimate base incentive, everything else should be considered an extra.

Now as for the formula of determining how much steel should be offered, we have a few factors to consider. First is that the average casual player is apprehensive about putting themselves in a super competitive environment like tournaments. They require this incentive more than anybody. If we ask ourselves, how many dominion matches on average fit inside the span of a single tournament then we would take this number and multiply the steel earned from those dominion matches we come to a base value.

This base value should be the absolute minimum that a person can earn in a tournament, because a player does not have to do really anything to make that steel in dominion. Whether he wins or loses, he is getting that steel. In a tournament though, substantial time is invested and doing poorly results in a poor rank which everyone sees. To compensate the potential damage of ego, typical rewards should be higher than that of the dominion matches.

And as for placing first, I imagine compensation in the form of around an order's worth of steel is appropriate. It's not easy to be a winner all of the time, and there aren't many people who can do it. It won't break the marketplace to create that kind of incentive to win.