PDA

View Full Version : gankers geting owed in tournament

Kenny324410
09-02-2017, 05:46 PM
As the title says seems like the people that can't fight and all thay do is gank are getting owed in tournament mode ran across a cupple off people that I played ageist before in 4v4 modes and all thay done was gank seeing lots off high rep scores get taken down with easy 3-0

XJadeDragoonX
09-02-2017, 05:56 PM
There's nothing wrong with that. Some people's skill set lie in their ability to perform good teamwork and to work as a unit. What they lack in single combat ability they make up for in team based combat. And that's ok. This game has something for everyone. That doesn't mean everyone had to excel at all of it. But give them credit for giving it a shot and stepping out of their comfort zone to try and further their single combat talents.

Alustar.
09-02-2017, 06:03 PM
There's nothing wrong with that. Some people's skill set lie in their ability to perform good teamwork and to work as a unit. What they lack in single combat ability they make up for in team based combat. And that's ok. This game has something for everyone. That doesn't mean everyone had to excel at all of it. But give them credit for giving it a shot and stepping out of their comfort zone to try and further their single combat talents.

Omg thank you! Someone who finally gets that this game is more than just 1v1!

CandleInTheDark
09-02-2017, 06:10 PM

Very much this, it is where some characters shine as well, a sudden shieldbash and sweep taking down someone hitting a bash, attack, bash chain or one of two around a partner. So yeah as you say, props to people not used to 1v1 for trying the shiny new thing.

Antonioj26
09-02-2017, 07:57 PM
People that complain about "ganking" are hilarious, are people just suppose to stand there with their hands at their side while you have an honorable 1v1 in the middle of a capture point? If you and your buddy find an enemy out of position in an fps do you wait for him to scurry back to his team before shooting? Honordorks are the worst.

Linnix1
09-02-2017, 08:38 PM
So what your saying is I was in the wrong for saving my teammate from that shugoki hug that would have killed them. I shouldn't have long armed that charging raider that was carrying my friend to a cliff. And I should be crusified for protecting my Ally from the centurion wall splat combo.?

CandleInTheDark
09-02-2017, 08:48 PM
Eh 4v4 (and 2v2) keep your head on a swivel if you want to keep it on your neck.

Grivois_Gaulois
09-02-2017, 09:02 PM
If you have enough time to perform a proper duel in 4v4 including feints, GB contest as whole stamina exhausted several times then your teammates are either all dead or AFking.

Hence that's no surprise 4v4 "experts" are bad in duel, this is not played the same way at all.

CandleInTheDark
09-02-2017, 09:19 PM
If you have enough time to perform a proper duel in 4v4 including feints, GB contest as whole stamina exhausted several times then your teammates are either all dead or AFking.

Hence that's no surprise 4v4 "experts" are bad in duel, this is not played the same way at all.

I do both, and when I have crowd control (I have five characters I 4v4 with, maybe six if I take to the gladiator after getting them all into legendary gear,I have one there and four halfway between 6 and 7) I use it to break an opponent's advantage over my teammate rather than set a few heavies into an easier block, which comes from knowing my character 1v1,so it is possible to be decent at both and I would argue makes you well rounded, whether it is defending point against one or two in dominion because you can 1v1 well or reacting, adapting and thinking quickly in duel when someone tries something different because you 4v4 well, I kind of think I beat half the people 1v1 I do as a peacekeeper because I don't light spam and they can't figure out how to deal with what I do do.

It is also fun doing the different roles that dominion demands of a team, I can go round looking for quick burst damage kills with my peacekeeper,I can change the outcome of a 1v1 or 1vx with my valkyrie by disrupting attacks and to a lesser extent with warden and conqueror, I can work the middle zone with nobushi or warden, I can hold zone with conqueror and have a chance of doing that with valkyrie, it's all different kinds of fun.

I can do both 1v1 and xvx, personally I prefer the challenge of fighting well when there are so many moving parts from four or more people in the same space. Everyone who enjoys 4v4 has their story of how they held off two or three until help came, or even killed them or an equal numbers melee just as everyone who enjoys 1v1 has their clutch fifth round deciders and neither are wrong to enjoy that. The main problem right now is that people on both sides get an elitist Them and Us attitude because they are fighting over brawl and elimination.

A note on the high rep level thing, high rep level says nothing of what mode they play, according to the last Den(haven't tested this) if I play an hour in dominion and an hour in duel, I should have made roughly the same progress towards a rep point.

That_guy44
09-02-2017, 10:40 PM
A note on the high rep level thing, high rep level says nothing of what mode they play, according to the last Den(haven't tested this) if I play an hour in dominion and an hour in duel, I should have made roughly the same progress towards a rep point.

I've tested it. The xp gain dominion was much higher.

We.the.North
09-02-2017, 10:47 PM
There's nothing wrong with that. Some people's skill set lie in their ability to perform good teamwork

props to people not used to 1v1 for trying the shiny new thing.

This

UbiNoty
09-03-2017, 12:03 AM
Dominion = teamwork and strategy, duel = one on one and is more reflex-focused.
So dominion is not duel, and plus, teamwork requires a ton of skill too. Working together as a team is sometimes much, much more difficult than just playing on your own.

Grivois_Gaulois
09-03-2017, 01:42 PM
I do both, and when I have crowd control (I have five characters I 4v4 with, maybe six if I take to the gladiator after getting them all into legendary gear,I have one there and four halfway between 6 and 7) I use it to break an opponent's advantage over my teammate rather than set a few heavies into an easier block, which comes from knowing my character 1v1,so it is possible to be decent at both and I would argue makes you well rounded, whether it is defending point against one or two in dominion because you can 1v1 well or reacting, adapting and thinking quickly in duel when someone tries something different because you 4v4 well, I kind of think I beat half the people 1v1 I do as a peacekeeper because I don't light spam and they can't figure out how to deal with what I do do.

It is also fun doing the different roles that dominion demands of a team, I can go round looking for quick burst damage kills with my peacekeeper,I can change the outcome of a 1v1 or 1vx with my valkyrie by disrupting attacks and to a lesser extent with warden and conqueror, I can work the middle zone with nobushi or warden, I can hold zone with conqueror and have a chance of doing that with valkyrie, it's all different kinds of fun.

I can do both 1v1 and xvx, personally I prefer the challenge of fighting well when there are so many moving parts from four or more people in the same space. Everyone who enjoys 4v4 has their story of how they held off two or three until help came, or even killed them or an equal numbers melee just as everyone who enjoys 1v1 has their clutch fifth round deciders and neither are wrong to enjoy that. The main problem right now is that people on both sides get an elitist Them and Us attitude because they are fighting over brawl and elimination.

Most people are not able to adapt that much to any stuation, not to mention most people don't have enough time to spend to be good at everything, hence people are usually good at duel or at team modes, also taste is important to consider.

CandleInTheDark
09-03-2017, 02:13 PM
Most people are not able to adapt that much to any stuation, not to mention most people don't have enough time to spend to be good at everything, hence people are usually good at duel or at team modes, also taste is important to consider.

Oh yeah certainly I wouldn't criticise people doing only one or the other because they both take a lot of time, whether it is getting your mixups in duel right or learning one or two roles (and gearing up characters for those roles) in 4v4 which you need to if you are a pug player as I am without the benefit of knowing my team will always have a heavy, a soldier killer and will not be made up of four assassins. What I am addressing more is the elitist Them and Us attitude that exists among players on both sides (title of this thread for example and I have seen as bad on the other side of the coin), partially, I think, down to the fact that there is so much friction over elimination and brawl. In my own case I favour dominion but I duel because I want to be able to hold my own 1v1 or 1vx if it comes to it.

Essentially there are people on both sides of this that think the other shouldn't exist at all and take every opportunity to provoke or belittle them, and that is not a healthy state when it comes to toxicity in the game.