PDA

View Full Version : LB Perk nerf?

The_B0G_
09-02-2017, 06:07 AM
Has the juggernaut perk for LB been nerfed? It seems like it barely last 10 seconds anymore, which basically makes it useless.

LordHarun4o
09-02-2017, 11:18 AM
Here is a quote from the patch notes of the last update v1.11 (taken from FH official site):

Juggernaut

Duration reduced to 10 seconds (from 30).
Removed the ability to toggle Feat.
Added Un-interruptible effect.
Added Slippery* effect.

Developer comments: The idea behind Juggernaut was for it to boost survivability but it was too easily countered. The toggle was rarely used and the feat didn't provide enough to be useful.
With this new version, the goal of the feat is to be triggered to hold a position for 10 seconds.
The shorter duration means it needs to be used more tactically but the added benefits provide the caster with very good survivability.

*Slippery: auto Counter Guard Break

The_B0G_
09-02-2017, 04:34 PM
Well that pretty much ruined that feat in my opinion. Just activating that feat takes about 2 seconds, so you need space and time to activate, then all someone has to do is sit back for a few seconds and it's gone. What a dumb decision.

That ruins my defensive LB setup.

LordHarun4o
09-02-2017, 06:37 PM
I've never been a fan of the Juggernaut even before the patch..the few times actually used it my enemies just ran away, which is alright when you are defending a zone, standing your ground or just trying to buy some time. It has it's uses.

Still, I prefer Righteous Deflection - it's passive and makes a noticeable difference when fighting multiple enemies (as long as you keep parrying). Overall it's more versatile in my opinion, but that's just my preference :)

The_B0G_
09-02-2017, 08:28 PM
I've never been a fan of the Juggernaut even before the patch..the few times actually used it my enemies just ran away, which is alright when you are defending a zone, standing your ground or just trying to buy some time. It has it's uses.

Still, I prefer Righteous Deflection - it's passive and makes a noticeable difference when fighting multiple enemies (as long as you keep parrying). Overall it's more versatile in my opinion, but that's just my preference :)

Yeah I used to have it so I could pop it when I seen 2 or 3 enemies coming to a zone I was defending, it would allow me to miss the odd block and still hold my ground until help came or until I killed them.

With the new changes its completely useless, 10 seconds is a joke. By the time you activate it and re engage it's gone. What a dumb move by Ubi. I guess I'll go to rightious deflection with my defense build.

UbiNoty
09-03-2017, 12:32 AM
We made the change because we felt that juggernaut wasn't particularly useful (or used) previously, and hoped that the added new benefits would be enough of an incentive despite reduced duration.

But I can definitely pass along the feedback about the activation process and how it is negatively impacted by the shorter duration of juggernaut to the team. If the new changes in S3 didn't make juggernaut any more useful, we can keep trying other ways to make it actually useful. Any suggestions would be good too!

The_B0G_
09-03-2017, 01:32 AM
We made the change because we felt that juggernaut wasn't particularly useful (or used) previously, and hoped that the added new benefits would be enough of an incentive despite reduced duration.

But I can definitely pass along the feedback about the activation process and how it is negatively impacted by the shorter duration of juggernaut to the team. If the new changes in S3 didn't make juggernaut any more useful, we can keep trying other ways to make it actually useful. Any suggestions would be good too!

I wasn't aware it wasn't used much, I always thought it worked great. It turned you into a tank, one of the only times I won a 4v1 I had my defense build with that perk.

I didn't even see the patch notes before I used it, but I knew right away something happened, most of the time I was fighting and got hit it had already expired. 10 seconds is definitely not enough time.

kweassa1
09-03-2017, 01:36 AM
Has the juggernaut perk for LB been nerfed? It seems like it barely last 10 seconds anymore, which basically makes it useless.

The changes are as mentioned by others, and honestly I think this new version is a LOT better.

The immunity to GBs really help a lot, as well as the UI state, and it really does make a difference when you have to stand your ground for a bit more time until help arrives.

I'm thinking it'd be OK if it lasted a little bit longer, like 15 seconds, and the cooldown a little bit shorter, but honestly, nowadays I choose Juggernaut over other Damage Resistance passive T2 skills, because it really does make a difference.

Definitely not a nerf, but a good buff overall -- even with the shorter duration.

The_B0G_
09-03-2017, 01:59 AM
The changes are as mentioned by others, and honestly I think this new version is a LOT better.

The immunity to GBs really help a lot, as well as the UI state, and it really does make a difference when you have to stand your ground for a bit more time until help arrives.

I'm thinking it'd be OK if it lasted a little bit longer, like 15 seconds, and the cooldown a little bit shorter, but honestly, nowadays I choose Juggernaut over other Damage Resistance passive T2 skills, because it really does make a difference.

Definitely not a nerf, but a good buff overall -- even with the shorter duration.

I don't agree, activating it can get you hit and it only last 10 seconds, hard pass for me. 30 seconds with high damage resistance vs 10 seconds with basically the same thing but you can't be GB'd... to me that is a nerf. Especially since if they see you activate they just dodge backwards two times and its gone.

The_B0G_
09-03-2017, 02:09 AM
How many times can you even get GB'd in 10 seconds? Once? Twice tops. It's a bad trade off for 20 seconds duration time. Like you said, maybe if the increased duration to 15 seconds and decreased the cooldown it would be ok, as is, it's now just a useless perk.