PDA

View Full Version : I decided to test PK, without any previous experience, in ranked (console)

Poloz27
09-02-2017, 03:00 AM
As the title says I played a tournament with PK. My global renown is just 19, so Iīm not a very skilled player, at least not as much as many others Iīve encountered, and before this my PK was level (not renown) 2 because of a match my brother once played wit her. I play on PS4 and after a particularly unafair match in my opinion against a light spamming PK I said to myself "ok, lets start a new tournament and only use her light spam, maybe Iīm just really bad at the game and every PK Iīve encountered is a god". I then proceeded to start a new tournament and carry out my little experiment.
First match: renown 10 LB, 120 something global renown. I beat him 3-2 (this was my first ever match with PK, I didnīt even know the stab time for after guard break)
Second match: renown 13 Nobushi, 70 something global renown. I beat her 3-2
Third match: renown 15 Berzerker, 30 global renown. I beat him 3-1/0 (I donīt remember)
Fourth match (Quarters): renown 2 Nobushi, 3 global renown. I beat her 3-0
Fifth match (Semi finals): renown 20 Raider, 50 something global renown. I lost 3-2 because in the last round I GBd after parrying an attack he threw while out of stamina, had I not done that and I wouldīve been able to land both my heavies and win the match.
The other finalist was the LB I had already beaten.

I felt like a huge ******* doing this, but I had to test it to see how bad the problem was, and itīs really, REALLY bad. Please make a smart choice here Ubi and ban PK from console tournaments, Iīm 100% sure that if I had used any other character I wouldīve lost against all of them (except the last Nobushi and maybe the Zerker, I think I couldīve handled those two)

Btw sorry if my english ainīt good

RatedChaotic
09-02-2017, 03:57 AM
Its why I play Conq on console. Superior Block and Full Stance helps me not be a victim to that. Thinking of going WL til Conq gets his rework.

brashtralas
09-02-2017, 06:25 AM
This is actually pretty funny.

Sneaky-Patches
09-02-2017, 07:51 AM
It's just pure absolute cancer on console. Every single time I get to the final it's a PK or a Zerker (maybe a valk with bad connection, but at least there is some predictability there) and it's 100% unreactable spam. Unlock tech aswell. Ugh...

Screw feinting, deflecting, or parrying... that's for absolute noobs. Just spam zerker or Pk and win.

I guess it's a good thing they have implemented this competitive mode, so hopefully in a few weeks it'll become crystal clear how imbalanced some classes are, in that sense I hope it serves its purpose to help balance the game.

Knight_Raime
09-02-2017, 10:54 AM
In my experience as a console player light light zone cancel is predictable and punishable for me. That goes out the window though if the connection between us is spotty at all.
PK doesn't really need banning in tournaments. She just needs some slight adjustments to her kit as a whole.

Alustar.
09-02-2017, 01:02 PM
It would be really nice for them to adjust the light hits and return the dodge/dash heavies and bleeds back where they were.

Lyskir
09-02-2017, 01:51 PM
It would be really nice for them to adjust the light hits and return the dodge/dash heavies and bleeds back where they were.

i guess all GOOD PKs want that and not only light/zone spam

her zone needs a small nerf, cause Warden zone is slower AND punishable when u block it, PKs zone is way faster and unpunishable, thats just ridiculous

CandleInTheDark
09-02-2017, 02:13 PM
Oh funny, ranked comes by and people do the old low level peacekeeper in tournament trick :rolleyes:

So you're global rep 19, yes? Minimum it takes to get a rep point,unless you got any on the double xp weekend,is around eight hours, meaning you have spent around 152 hours on the game (unless you are talking about 19 levels, no rep points which is still around 7.5),you've played enough you know the general game mechanics, there isn't a tekken length learning curve for each character.

I would rather the peacekeeper not have light spam also, I have been vocal on that since March, but I am not going to go into a tournament and screw over my own chances by using anyone but my main and this sudden rush of ban on console and peacekeeper is overpowered posts when things have been quiet on that front for a long time (since around the time the devs said peacekeeper has a lower win rate on console than PC in fact), sounds like it is coming from 'serious duel people', not that I am saying you are one of these people mind, who quit the match and go back into matchmaking as soon as they see a character they dislike rather than learn how to face them.

Linnix1
09-02-2017, 02:26 PM
Well most PvP games you can have +60 hours and your still a fresh noob depending how technical the game is

CandleInTheDark
09-02-2017, 02:33 PM
Well most PvP games you can have +60 hours and your still a fresh noob depending how technical the game is

I am just tired of this BS trick.Streamers were doing it to fan the peacekeeper hate early on because that was the popular opinion if you wanted to get views. Barring maybe the kensei, if you know the base mechanics of the game, you can be very quickly competent with any of the original heroes. The only way I would consider this anywhere near relevant would be if he were trash with everyone else.

Linnix1
09-02-2017, 03:05 PM
I can go play any other PvP game with just knowing the universal combo of light to medium to heavy. Doesn't mean I won't get 100-0 perfected. People go on and on about how tech heavy this game is and when it shows that you can win just by doing the equivalent of spamming lights they back pedal and say the game wasn't that advance to start with. Pick a side and stand by it. And the OP openly stated he would have been bodied by the entire tourny lineup barr a select few

Alustar.
09-02-2017, 04:42 PM
If anyone is on PS4 and wants help learning how to deal with PK light spam and zone attacks, I'm free to help. It's not hard to counter once you know how, I've helped a few players already.