PDA

View Full Version : Ranked Duel Tournament Feedback

UbiJurassic
09-02-2017, 02:44 AM
Hello warriors,

We're glad to finally release ranked duel tournaments to everyone! Since the mode is still in beta, we've made this thread so players can leave their feedback or notify us of bugs that have occurred in-game.

Good luck out there on the battlefields, warriors!

Poloz27
09-02-2017, 03:06 AM
I play on PS4 and, without taking into consideration the impossibility of blocking PK attacks (I just made a post about it in which I describe how my first time ever using her not just in a tournament, but ever, and it was a massacre), and a bug (it may have not been a bug, I donīt really know) I had in which after my enemy disconnected it counted as a defeat to me and a victory to him, the tournament is pretty good

mrmistark
09-02-2017, 03:17 AM
First off may I say bravo!

Game play is smooth, matchmaking is well done once the system figures out where you stand skill wise, I enjoy the narrations and overall it's wonderful.

Many complain about not getting the ornament for their main and what ever. I disagree, I enjoy that you get colors and ornaments for all characters. The problem with it and why I think most people are getting their panties in a bunch is cause honestly the xp and steel you get from it doesn't really seem that much more than normal modes. The reward should be much better and the colors/ornaments should be an added bonus on top.

That is my only legitamet complaint about rank mode itself. Love it, it's exciting and fun.

The worst part is balancing. The characters NEED a better balance. You can get far to a point with any character, but once you get that matchmaking that this game needed, based off of REAL calculation of skill not just rep, then the tiers of heros really start coming out. I've been playing since release of beta as a kensei. As an Xbox player the base is so big that it's rare I run into someone that can even hang against me 1v1 in normal modes. Finally now that their is an actually real matchmaking system that makes sense I finally understand how the pc players feel now that I'm playing with people that can actually consistently parry light attacks. Got it there is a parry nerf coming/being tested but really feeling the uphill climb needed as a character with no opener. Against kensei all you have to do is stop the chain before he can go into finisher mix ups. Kensei isn't the only one either. Orochi is stuck as purely a deflect god, cent is a time bomb that you either: keep all stamina and defuse before explosion or got out of stam in one parry for about half your health. Both raider and lawbringer try to sprint 50-50 you the whole time on either gb or wall splats. You can feel the tiers and the unbalance coming out now as opposed to fighting mainly a bunch of noobs with one decent enemy every game. I've had great games every time but it would be nice to have some balancing for ranked.

That being said amazing job, and other than the rewards there is no complaint about this mode, really just the same thing you poor understaffed bastards have been reading forever. I'll continue tearing it up with my kensei, but patiently awaiting some love for kensei, orochi, shugoki, Valkyrie and berserker. I would say highlander but really trying to understand his placement cause I haven't met more than 1 good player with him yet, so hard to tell his real place. (Just personally the heros that need a buff or need the other heros to come down to their level)

A.re.s
09-02-2017, 03:38 AM
When there was a test of the tournament, the developers received a ton of feedback. There was a huge number of practical and qualitative proposals, for example:
1) Suggested to make a mini-game or turn on surveillance in the lobby while you wait. Done? No. You sit and switch endlessly between the lobby and the main menu.
2) They were asked to change the number of recieved and lost experience in divisions. Done? No. You get little, you lose a lot.
3) Proposed to make a separate rating for each character. Done? No.
4) Proposed to increase the amount of steel you get for winning. Done? No. You fight five times a minimum of 3 rounds and you get 50 steel to win. 50. First, for the loss in Dominion give more, and secondly, in 5 conventional duels you get more.
5) Ornament - a separate story. As an example, I will bring Nobusi (we are main). For winning the tournament you get two branches. Two ****ing branches. For victory. In the tournament. At the forum, one guy wrote specifically about these two ugly branches and he was told that they would bring his thought to the designers. Apparently not told, because what the ****?
In the end, I just have one question: why did they launch the test version of the tournament, asked players about feedback, asked us about the proposals, and on the whole, when these proposals arrived, they simply did not take them into account. What for?
P.S. Sorry for my English if i have mistakes.

Vault111General
09-02-2017, 07:01 AM
It's just an assassin and it's boring!
Please make another tournament without Assassin and an Assassin type hybrid.
As HP decreases, it is too big for assassins to fall backward at high speed.
Since Assassin is specialized in a battle as a concept, a wonderful system is failing.
During the tournament, Assassin should set the 15 F attack to 17 F and shorten the back step distance.
In addition, it is urgent to lower the attack speed of gladiators entirely.
Especially the guard injury attack piercing the feet requires change to 21F.

We.the.North
09-02-2017, 07:20 AM
PROS :

The "ranks" will most likely be an improvement over the current matchmaking fiasco.

CONS :

Heroes balance is atrocious. Just atrocious and the balancing has been incredibly slow from you guys. Come on, balance this already ... There hasn't been a single true balance patch since the beginning of season 2, just 2-3 hotfixes here and there.

nufrancis
09-02-2017, 07:39 AM
This is unusual, Tournament mode already out for 3 days and only few players giving feedback. Usually we will find many critics from this forum surfers, especially kweasea, raime and candle. Maybe they are PC players who already tried the tournament.

Im on PS4.

I already completed 4 tournaments and this is my personal feedback:

Pros:
1.Its good to have new mode. This is already season 3 and me personally bored with current modes, its like repetitive game with not much challenge anymore. With this mode we actually test ourselves, how far our skill go in FH.

2.Good Ranking method. You give rank to someone base on first 20 match they done and they allow other players to see your rank. Correct me if Im wrong, so the ranks are Bronze, Silver, Gold, Platinum, and Diamond. I believe most experienced players can get gold at least. For players that can get Platinum or Diamond can be proud of themselves and get respect from other players.

3.This mode enable you to see clearly which hero are strong, which hero are weak, and also each hero matching. I manage to win this tournament using Nobs, still could not manage with my other main (Kensei, PK, HL, havent tried with Warlord). I meet many Warden in this tournament and as I expect they mainly using turtling tactics, so I have to use heroes that good with openers or mix up. Using Kensei I only reach 1st match of playoff, PK I can get to Final but I meet Gladiators which I lose to him on group phase, so I switch to Nobs and win the tournament, When using Nobs from the beginning I manage until Final and lose to Warden. Using HL I also manage to Final.

Cons:
1.Long time needed to start this mode. We have to wait around 5 - 10 minutes to get this mode started. This needs improvements

2.Meaningless team format. I dont understand why we have to be a part of a team in this tournament where we are the only member in that team. Why dont just we represent ourselves instead? I think this contribute to the time need to create a tournament because the AI has to determine which players belong to which team..

3.Unusual tournament format. Its divided into 2 phase qualifier and playoff. Even you didnt win any match in qualifier you are still guaranteed play in playoffs. Someone like me who are diehard fans of Football (I mean Soccer) find this unusual. In Football usually if the tournament formats has qualifying phase (or well known as group phase in Football) and Knockout phase (Playoffs in FH). only top 2 team will qualify to Knockout phase and if there is playoff they done this in before proceeding to the main tournament to filter only the best team to play in the main tournament.

In FH I see the Qualifying round are their way to determine the seeding of each players, I mean if you are finish top 2 then you will be matched with bottom 2 players from other group. So if you manage to be top 2 in qualifiers then you have bigger chance to win this tournament, you will meet only the best players on semi-finals or final.

Personally I prefer this kind of format:

http://i63.tinypic.com/dph5j6.jpg.

This format allow you to done tournament quickly. I see on current format you will have to wait a bit long after qualifying phase finish because the AI has to determine the players matching for playoffs.

4.Corny Presenter. You know the guy who speak the team name and commenting our result. His joke is corny, I just want to say "SHUT THE F UP!!!" everytime he speaks. He is unnecessary. Better change him with Sexy Lady Voices. I will appreciate her more even the joke is corny... LOL

5.Reward System. First we have tier reward everytime we win a match. Correct me if im wrong, there is warrior tier, captain tier, versatile tier, etc (not sure about the exact tier name). For what is this?? It didnt give us anything concrete actually. Second the steel and exp reward too small. For a time consuming mode like this we deserve exp equal to Orders exp. Item reward is random. I hate this because sometimes I got item for heroes that are not my main. For item reward why not give us option to choose?

6.Last, I have issues on my first tournament where my first opponent in Qualifying suddenly DC and replaced by BOT. I manage to win against this BOT until round 3 suddenly there was this message (I dont remember the exact sentence) "Match abandoned by server and bla bla bla". The match got aborted before I beat the BOT and I declared lose.... WTF???!! its my opponent who DC plus I win 2 rounds with the BOT and still declared lose. Please check this.

ChankasLeftFoot
09-02-2017, 09:25 AM
Possible Bug at the end of a Tournament:

Finished a tournament and went to search for Dominion game afterwards. I was put into the Dominion Lobby on the menu, however instead of the menu I was put back into the Aftermath Menu/Results page of the tournament and unable to do anything. When I backed out of the it sent me to the main menu with everything locked due to me 'participating in another activity'. I stayed in the lobby and got into the game regardless, but the menu bug/glitch is a little odd considering it could potentially cause people to restart their games and waste some time. Shouldn't happen either way.

I've only done the one tournament so far, will do more today to test it out and see if it happens again, I will post again if it happens, otherwise pretty happy with the new mode. One possible suggestion I would make is to be able to spectate other duels, or at the very least be able to see the current score and health for the players on the menu to give a somewhat better indication of how long will be left

Thanegard
09-02-2017, 09:39 AM
I'm done with this. You never listen anyway so stop pretending. There is something fundatamentally wrong with the balance and specific characters but you refuse to do what is neccessary. A person is judged by their actions and you are talk and no action.

My current tactic is losing every single duel on purpose until my ranking is completely tanked, maybe down there I can actually start enjoying the game again and play against something else than soul-draining centurions.

Anarnam
09-02-2017, 10:03 AM
Generally tournament works fine (didn't encounter bugs) but there is one issue.

People are doing everything they can to win (oh rly?). This means that 60-70% of my matches were against turtles... This is horrible. And it is not only me noticing that. I doubt I'll be playing much ranked due to that issue.

The concept is great though(!!), I dont really understand why out of 2 pools, still everyone is qualified (I believe its for testing purposes only). The length isn't an issue as long as someone doesnt make the first hit and start running (Even if I'm waiting, I can just watch some youtube in the meantime).
I'd also suggest implementing non-tournament duel for those who don't have as much time to play and still want to do the best they can against someone who is also giving his all. because in current duels people often test new strategies, moves, heroes etc.

Kn0wledge2310
09-02-2017, 11:10 AM
Tournament Bug during matchmaking

Currently, I've met some bugs while playing tournament. Sometimes during matchmaking, right before the match is about to start, it says "Missing players:4" and it will remain in this state. Then after a few minutes, the game will tell that the match has been dismissed by server, resulting the match to appear as a tie.

Image one: https://ibb.co/g30wGv

Image two: https://ibb.co/d1rp3a

Sorry for the images being in german language.

If the tie situation appears in quarter finals or higher, the match will count as a lose and the tournament will end.

I don't know what causes this problem as it does not appear every match, though it happens some times to me, which is already nasty enough

CrunaCross
09-02-2017, 11:28 AM
Oh Centurions have their own tournament! Great! So atleast you will not quit in the first 30 seconds, because of the tournament penality. So you have to deal with the ignorance of the devs regarding this character. You know what they said? "He's not strong, only annoying to play against" HAHAHAHAHAHA That really was hilarious! Also they said that some UNKNOWN more knowledgeable players of which NOBODY knows anything about, are saying that Centurion is not OP. Hahaha. They try to explain that all the really knowledgeable streamers and others are lying while they have some sort of HIDDEN players who know something others don't. Oh but WELCOME to the tournament! Let the cheese stink your game!

CandleInTheDark
09-02-2017, 12:25 PM
Reposting feedback I left in another thread yesterday.

Only played one so far, it isn't really my main focus right now until I have finished grinding a few rep levels, will be going back into it eventually if just to get my first ranking. From that one and from streams and comments here there seem to be four main issues.

Wait time between matches: I think Ubisoft could do with either making a spectate mode (useful for scouting future opponents), letting players do ai matches they can be pulled out of without affecting anyone else or when their training mode has been improved allowing access to that in the offtime. Wait time is increased if someone disconnects, I had to wait around ten minutes between my first and my second match as my first opponent left in the first round of my first match and my second official qualifier match was a bye for another who had left. A spectate mode might also be a good thing for those honour folk who go to brawl because they like to watch matches as well since the tournament maps aren't all about ledges which was one of the main complaints and it might makefor less toxicity in brawl if people want to 2v2 (any honour brawlers want to weigh in on this point?)

XP and rewards: They said on the last Den that xp is balanced so that it is a matter of roughly xp over time as opposed to per game mode. Now the longest dominion is 20 minutes, the tournament warns you that you are committing to 35 minutes to an hour. In my opinion, xp should not be given for individual duels but at the end when other rewards are given out and that everyone,regardless how far they got if they have to stick around until the end, should have at least two or three times the dominion xp, other options on top of this are to have more xp for placing better and to share it on a ratio towards which characters you used (used your conqueror two matches and your berserker two before being knocked out in the quarters? Both get half). They also need to work in a way where unlocked rewards like ornaments and paint patterns are relevant to the player, the game knows where you have your rep levels and what characters you have used in the tournament,one or both of these should be what weights what character you get the rewards from.

Connection: Yeah it is bad that people are getting dropped out of matches.Just remember though that they wanted to get the router bug fixed first but here and on reddit people have gone on and on and on about not having ranked yet, they have done the best they can to mitigate that by not allowing red nat to join but any connection issues routers would have fixed is on those who could not be patient.

Ban x character: It worked in MLG but I really doubt it is going to work here, the only character ubisoft banned is the raider after they introduced a bug into him that they needed to hotfix. Ubisoft have their win/loss balancing and unless something really does get skewed it is a case of learn to deal with it because people are not going to be able to bully and petition the devs into it like they did the MLG organisers. Really, those who quit duels when they see a character they dislike but are serious enough about duels they will spend time in tournaments have caused half the problems they face for themselves.

CandleInTheDark
09-02-2017, 12:35 PM
The concept is great though(!!), I dont really understand why out of 2 pools, still everyone is qualified (I believe its for testing purposes only). The length isn't an issue as long as someone doesnt make the first hit and start running (Even if I'm waiting, I can just watch some youtube in the meantime).

I would imagine because it is the only clean way they can get three knockout rounds,the alternatives are two advance, you only have semis and finals, three advance,four random losers in the first knockout round are given a second chance or two random losers chosen to advance (maybe based on some damage done parameter),comes across as random and unfair and those who win have to wait for another round of duels. Also bear in mind that as it stands everyone has to wait until it is finished, so people only have to wait two rounds instead of three if they lose early (EDIT of course if only four advance they only have to wait two rounds in any case, I forgot to factor that in, gives them another chance to make the semis I guess). The other alternative I see, and I think the best one providing those who lose in the groups are then able to leave with rewards is to have four pools and top two from each advance.

I did kind of feel sorry for my quarter final opponent in the one I played, don't get me wrong, top pool a absolutely should meet bottom of pool b, but my opponent was bottom for a reason, that reason being he really needed more 1v1 duels before going into a tournament and he was an easy 3-0 (seriously, three top heavies in a row against a character with deflect?) so four duels lost, I would guess the other three as badly as against me, and he had to wait for two more rounds to finish.

Toran80
09-02-2017, 01:50 PM
Possible Bug at the end of a Tournament:

Finished a tournament and went to search for Dominion game afterwards. I was put into the Dominion Lobby on the menu, however instead of the menu I was put back into the Aftermath Menu/Results page of the tournament and unable to do anything. When I backed out of the it sent me to the main menu with everything locked due to me 'participating in another activity'. I stayed in the lobby and got into the game regardless, but the menu bug/glitch is a little odd considering it could potentially cause people to restart their games and waste some time. Shouldn't happen either way.

Had the exact same bug like ChankasRightArm when playing Dominion after a Ranked Tournament.

EDIT: Had the bug again. It seems to have something to do when war assets have not been spent after finishing the tourney.

vgrimr_J
09-02-2017, 02:50 PM
There is only 4 problems for me in tournaments.

1. lag abusers went against guy who was teleporting in finals all over the place.
2 pk.(i play on console)
3 xp gain is not enough for a tournaments that last so long.
4 rewards needs to be tied to a hero who wins the tournament and for the lower rewards.

Alustar.
09-02-2017, 04:37 PM
As a person who plays almost exclusively 4v4s and uses duels as training exercises I don't really feel much of a reason to even bother, i don't like sitting around at the console, whatching the same screen for 30+ mins to maybe play 2 matches?

The_B0G_
09-02-2017, 09:26 PM
I hate duels but I tried this out anyway. I really like the layout and everything, I can't wait for a dominion ranked tourney.

bmason1000
09-02-2017, 09:44 PM
I'm very confused by the gain/loss of rank percentages. I went up 14% after a long win streak then went down 10% after one loss.

xECS DESTROYER
09-02-2017, 10:30 PM
Running is still a problem. All they do is run, lock on, run again, and repeat. That way, they never face the consequences of the speed boost.

bmason1000
09-02-2017, 10:41 PM
Nevermind, no longer confused gain/loss percentages. Somehow i missed that they were after each match? My bad.

Sneaky-Patches
09-03-2017, 12:20 AM
Ok just a few quick points as feedback.

-First the actual mode is done fairy well, I like the presenters quips, so thanks for a new mode in general... but I will also name all the stuff that's off putting next.

-First is just how bad hero balance is. This can be forgiven, as i understand that implementing this mode is probably the best way to clearly see that inbalance, and I'm sure in a few weeks how few of certain heroes you will see in the top lvl of gameplay.

-not directly related, but the unreactable spam on console makes in so unfun. Classes like zerker, pk, cent and others become a nightmare, and just pointless to fight. Since timesnaps removal, I can't react to half the attacks in the game, and can never CGB when I could do it religiously before. It is so bad now I'm gonna have to put the game down (and come back when it's better). Also whatever you did in the last major update made this worse again.

-Not enough steel or renown.

-You don't get all hero tier items for winning, you should get the paints too.

-had a match where I was winning and made it to the finals. Facing a warden I had already beat silly in qualifiers. So we're both Matchmaking for the final, he drops out... then the game makes me fight a bot for the final instead. So I fight the bot and win, and then the game says opponent invalidated or something, then tells me I lost, and gives me a runner up prize... for a hero I don't play. That was so disheartening I gotta say... you should give the person the win if for some reason their enemy just drops out.

bmason1000
09-03-2017, 01:02 AM
I play zerk and haven't won a final yet. I've made it to finals and semis many many times now and keep getting shut down hard. Lots of people on ps4 can block all of my attacks. For sure the neutral lights are incredibly fast, but they also can't be strung together. There is no light - light combo on zerk. So you get one free attack sometimes, but definitely not often, and then that's it. Fights back to neutral.

bmason1000
09-03-2017, 01:03 AM
I've also NOT made it to the semis a lot. I lose qualifiers even because berserkers can be shut down quite easily.

TheTKOShow
09-03-2017, 02:24 AM
Rep 75 here took a really long time, xp was not worth my time, reward also not worth my time.

If I do all 6 fights with a character I should get something for that toon. Not someone I barely play.

Not to mention it's a cheap fest. Ppl use no skill and all cheap.
Light attack headbutt
Headbut light attack
That's how to win a random color pallet alright.

Don't do this to the new game mode when it comes out

The_B0G_
09-03-2017, 02:35 AM
Rep 75 here took a really long time, xp was not worth my time, reward also not worth my time.

If I do all 6 fights with a character I should get something for that toon. Not someone I barely play.

Not to mention it's a cheap fest. Ppl use no skill and all cheap.
Light attack headbutt
Headbut light attack
That's how to win a random color pallet alright.

Don't do this to the new game mode when it comes out

Omg this! I was doing really well my first try, using my kensei, met a shugoki in the semi finals, light - headbutt over and over, won the entire match like that. If I threw out more than one attack or a feint and he hit me, OOS, then the fight is over.

The_B0G_
09-03-2017, 02:41 AM
The reason above is why I can't wait for Dominion ranked. If some greasy shugoki wants to fight like that you just call a friend over.

Next time I run into one I might just land one hit and run the timer out.

Tundra 793
09-03-2017, 03:37 AM
Won my first tournament earlier with my Berserker, have done a few other qualifiers, here's my thoughts;

I encountered a bug after finishing the tournament, where I tried joining a PvP Dominion match, apparently joining one that had just ended, and I only had access to the results menu from the tournament. I couldn't see or access any menu or option that indicated I was not currently in a tournament. Upon "Abandoning" the "tournament" menu, I was unable to join any other gamemode, including Duel Vs. AI. I assume I was slapped with a hefty penalty, for "abandoning" a tournament I'd just won.

During the tournament, my first Semi Finals match also bugged out, the guy I was supposed to fight must have DCed or something, 'cause It just defaulted to giving me the win. Not complaining, but still a bug.

The tournament itself was fine, the announcer is so intense It lightens the mood when you have to fight a Centurion, do keep him. The Teams are dumb considering it's just duels, why not display our Emblems instead?

The rewards system is utter ********. I won an ornament for the Shinobi, whom I am currently level 0 with, and only have unlocked by virtue of owning the Season Pass.
How in the **** was this system passed? Who was in the meeting when that was decided? I need answers to this ****, because It shows a catastrophic flaw with the developers reasoning and decision making.
This was nearly an hour of my life, gone, and I have precisely ****all to show for it. Reward us for the classes we manage to win with, and I desperately want this to work retroactively, because I will not now, nor ever use the Shinobi for a variety of reasons, meaning I just Beta tested a system with a flaw so mind numbingly obvious, It should never even have been in the game to begin with.

On top of this, the Highlander and Gladiator's Tournament ornaments, and colors are apparently missing from the game. I've raised this issue in another thread, raising it again because god damn It shouldn't take this long to find out if the 2 newest, and more attractive classes for players can even get any rewards from the tournaments.

That_guy44
09-03-2017, 03:50 AM
The reason above is why I can't wait for Dominion ranked. If some greasy shugoki wants to fight like that you just call a friend over.

Next time I run into one I might just land one hit and run the timer out.

Because you can't handle a 600 ms attack? Some characters heavies are 600 ms

CheekyKemosabe
09-03-2017, 04:11 AM
"Your team has won! Kicking *** and taking names!"

about died laughing, was not expecting that.

I love the tournament so far, I've only really run into a couple of issues and have maybe 1 or 2 suggestions on what to improve.

one issue is that in the middle of a match I can become disconnected with the player or out of sync, then the game will do one of two things 1. send us both back to qualifiers/play offs and nothing will happen for up to half an hour, the game just becomes stuck and I have to abandon and receive the penalty, or 2. the match becomes disconnected and it'll kick one of us from the tournament altogether counting it as a loss for one and victory for the other.

As mentioned previously it would be much better if the rewards were higher and specific to the hero used to complete each match. It is a lot of patience to just be given a small 20-60 steel per match.

Also I've noticed that each tournament I've played so far is always on the same two or three maps. Perhaps more maps could be put into rotation on this game mode? or are they already in rotation and i'm just really unlucky?

that's pretty much all I have for what could be improved.

Love the pool sizes, really feels like a tournament. Love the commentary from the announcer. Ranking system is a little backwards from siege (I play a lot of siege as well so seeing gold 5 as highest in gold tier is a bit strange) but it is a little easier to follow and the rank gain/loss per match is significantly easier to understand as it walks you through the different percentages and aspects that contributed to that gain/loss.

overall, well done for a tournament being in the beta. Keep up the good work!

TheTKOShow
09-03-2017, 04:13 AM
Yeah but his hyper armor is what makes it bs
I throw a hvy he just light headbut

TheTKOShow
09-03-2017, 04:20 AM
Revenge or it's not going to wrk. Or else I can just cheap my way to a win

XJadeDragoonX
09-03-2017, 05:51 AM
For what it's worth, I really enjoy tournament. I haven't had any connection issues. And yes there are characters that are in fact unbalanced. Whenever I get to the finals im almost always standing across the level from a centurion. However, I'm a berserker main and ive done 8 tournaments and won 4 of them. I'm by no means the greatest player but I do consider myself skilled. Sure im outclassed at times, but I learn from every loss.

That's what for honor is about. Everyone has a fighting style. A pattern to learn. That's what is so exciting. I was in the finals against a conqueror and he beat me 2 rounds straight without even hitting him. I had to learn fast. I was able to study my opponent and learn how to defeat them. I managed to barely win 3 rounds straight and by the end, my heart was pumping. I won all my qualifiers and got my way to the finals and I'll be damned if I go down without a fight. If I lose, better luck next time. But this particular situation I was victorious.

That's a feeling you don't get in regular duels. Your victories feel hollow after a while. They blend in with your defeats. They don't seem important. But playing the tournament is so beyond exciting to me. Knowing that if I get to the end of the road it's because I earned it.

So everyone is looking at the bugs and the imbalance. But instead of being mad at what we can't fix, work on what we can. Get the practice in. Take every loss as a lesson. Come back stronger. You won some you lose some. But any time you can walk away from a defeat with a little more knowledge than you walked in with, that's a victory in itself because it's making you a better player.

So yea, the mode isn't perfect by any stretch of the imagination. But it's such an awesome addition to the game that really brings something different to the table.

The_B0G_
09-03-2017, 06:41 AM
Because you can't handle a 600 ms attack? Some characters heavies are 600 ms

600 ms has nothing to do with it you nub, he has hyper armor and only attacks once you do. Even with lights kensei doesn't have enough time to parry it. I took my highlander next tourney after and destroyed the first shugoki I fought 3-0, with kensei all you have is lights and heavies, any time I feinted and tried for GB he would CGB or get me with a light/headbutt.

The_B0G_
09-03-2017, 06:47 AM
Playing with most vanilla characters is like playing rock paper scissors but you're only allowed to pick rock every time, turtles like shugoki just need to sit back and CGB, light then headbutt, rinse repeat.

Thats literally all the entire fight was.

That_guy44
09-03-2017, 07:40 AM
Playing with most vanilla characters is like playing rock paper scissors but you're only allowed to pick rock every time, turtles like shugoki just need to sit back and CGB, light then headbutt, rinse repeat.

Thats literally all the entire fight was.

Shugoki has limited offense though. All he has is a light. Kensei can parry or use his dodge attack whichever you'd prefer. His hyperarmor is gone after he cgb anyways. You got beat by 600 ms attack.

Tyrjo
09-03-2017, 08:07 AM
Let each pool play their games independently of the other pools. Let the top two wait for the play off tree if they are finished faster. The bottom two can leave. Odds are all of the matches in each pool are going to be roughly the same time anyways.

INCREASE rewards and make it clear what you will get for participating before you queue. (5000+ XP 500+ steel etc.) If not, the majority playing are going to be the top 25% of the player skill base. Player activity will be: Miniscule Let's face it, this mode needs High activity to be successful.

Create a new BIG order. "Duel tournament". Participate in a Duel Tournament. 500 steel 5000XP.

I almost forgot. The announcer...is not worthy of what calls itself a AAA game. The announcer have always felt really bad and misplaced, but this takes the cake. Who green lit this?

rabidpikachu527
09-03-2017, 08:39 AM
You should be able to pick your rewards I don't want to play for an hour and get something for a hero I don't play

uplayisbad321
09-03-2017, 10:07 AM
Ranked really highlights how ****ing horrible and trashy people are when exploits in a game are available. So much 1. SPAM. So much 2. CHEESE. And so much 3. CONFUSION.

How the **** does some piece of **** spamming light attacks one after one as gladiator make it to the final ****ing round and win, like HOLY ****ING ****. I'VE NEVER SEEN SOMEONE PLAY AS SCUMMY AS THIS. YES, worse than pk spam, and worse than zone attack spam. The attacks are fast, blocking is a challenge and parrying is a risk. The ******* was sometimes delaying the attacks of the light chain whenever the ******* chained so I couldn't ****ing gb. Whenever I got close the ******* just kept backing up, and whenever they were getting to close to the boundaries, the ******* just started running away from me. How the **** does this happen without any of the devs thinking, "gladiator won't be pk2.0, he'll definitely be a mix-up intensive focused hero". I'm disgusted to have wasted 15k steel after what happened that match. No ****ing SKILL involved, just random delayed ***** *** attacks. Speaking of, SPAAAAAAAAAAAAAAM, rather than in game fighting spam, I've came across one character more than any other, 5 ****ING TIMES IN A ROW ONCE, can you guess who? You don't even need to, you already know. ****ing centurion. I was expecting this when the first person I verse was a centurion. What a surprise, a ****ing powerhouse of a hero gets exploited by the *******s that play on ps4. (Jesus christ, ps4 player are such pieces of ****. When the free weekend was active, I played on pc, and I ****ING LOVED pretty much every person I was in a match with, of course not the ******* that said he was from ps4 and SPAMMED the same ****.)

I actually wasn't expecting this in ranked mode, when the nobushi I was versing ****ing cheesed her way to a loss. The problem wasn't that her cheese was going to win her the match, it was that it almost won her the match. Its not fun when you have to play against someone with range (nobushi, shinobi) and have to inch your way towards them in order to have a chance to even touch them. Shinobi isnt that much of a problem, its just mildly annoying to have to slowly walk towards some twig thats throwing slow attacks at you again and again. Nobushi, while not as far away, can do what most unskilled **** heads do, spam and cheese! Constant zone attack cancels, peppering me with lights, and those annoying *** ****ing dodging heavies. Why are those even a thing? Its so ****ing infuriating to verse someone like that, JUST GET THE **** OUT OF MY WAY SO I CAN ACTUALLY PLAY THE ****ING GAME.

This is more of a quality of life change to the ranked matchmaking system. When I first started, I was greeted with "You are apart of the Sun Wraiths" and was put in a pool of other factions. had no idea what that meant, but ok, I'm a Sun Wraith. So I'm sitting there, then, "Next match, Sun Wraiths vs. (whatever the **** the person was)" Auto disconnect, matchmaking failed back to tournament screen. "Double tie, wow, have you tried the advanced practice?" What? Red bar on the top left. Did this count as a loss, will this go towards my actual rank? After The first tournament into the second, I figured out what was happening, but could you give a heads up to the new people, I was confused as ****. Another quality of life change: playoffs "Sun Wraiths vs. whatever the ****" "You win" The match in the same bracket as me finishes, and we're waiting for the other two. Would it cause any trouble to let us fight, then the winner of that match goes against the winner of the other bracket. So it would be similar to the qualifiers where there are two separate instances of teams fighting, but fight commences when the required fighters are available. Speaking of which, this should also be applied to the qualifiers.

Thats pretty much it. ****ing you ******* spammers and cheesers, Uninstall, you make this game look like breeding ground for inexperience.

uplayisbad321
09-03-2017, 10:14 AM
I cannot agree with you more. Fast light spammer do this all the time (nobushi, pk, gladiator, shinobi, ect.) They actually need to stop this rather than saying "if they run away, they get punished", and what actually happens is they lock on and do some ******** feints or random attacks and run away. Cheese at its max.

MightyZig
09-03-2017, 10:21 AM
My Xbox lost internet connection just before the first match in a tournament, when I have got it up and running again I'm met with a 1 hour ban from playing tournament again. Seriously?

Warherotim7
09-03-2017, 04:45 PM
I'VE LOST 36 TIMES IN THIS STUPID GAME MODE ALL BECAUSE THE ANOTHER PLAYER I'M UP AGAINST USELESSLY HIGHER LEVEL OR BETTER SKILL THAN ME SERIOUSLY IF THIS KEEPS GOING I'M GOING BACK TO FIGHTING BOTS WHy BECAUSE HAVE NOT CHEAT!!!!!!!!!!!!:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad: :mad:

The_B0G_
09-03-2017, 07:22 PM
Shugoki has limited offense though. All he has is a light. Kensei can parry or use his dodge attack whichever you'd prefer. His hyperarmor is gone after he cgb anyways. You got beat by 600 ms attack.

Are you not reading my posts? He doesn't attack until I do you meat ball, how can I dodge attack or parry if I have to attack first? I almost beat him once by feinting and parrying attacks but like I said, I launch two attacks in a row and get hit with a light/headbutt I'm OOS and basically screwed.

That_guy44
09-03-2017, 07:42 PM
Are you not reading my posts? He doesn't attack until I do you meat ball, how can I dodge attack or parry if I have to attack first? I almost beat him once by feinting and parrying attacks but like I said, I launch two attacks in a row and get hit with a light/headbutt I'm OOS and basically screwed.

You insult me and then answer your own question. You're a piece of work man. Feint into parry or feint into dodge attack. Why would you launch a combo knowing he has hyper armor. That doesn't make any sense.

The_B0G_
09-03-2017, 08:03 PM
You insult me and then answer your own question. You're a piece of work man. Feint into parry or feint into dodge attack. Why would you launch a combo knowing he has hyper armor. That doesn't make any sense.

After I got him a few times he stopped falling for it obviously. So I tried capitalizing on the times I did get through with an attack. Point being, shugoki has a pretty easy time beating some classes with 2 moves.

Curently
09-04-2017, 12:29 AM
OK so with this new mode, there of course will be some problems. As i first started the mode i thought it was actually pretty good, i didn't mind the 2-minute wait timers and on the whole was fine.

That was until i got my placement rank(plat 1) and it went down hill from there, the amount of percentage on wins is pathetic, i would at one point get 4% on a 3-0 dominated win and then in the finals came 2nd and i lost 30%. This mode makes it so u need to win 5 games and if u lose one it cancels out all 5 of those wins, this makes it frustrating and especially when u have cent who has arguable the strongest light parry punish in the game. It was to early to release the ranked mode, with character imbalances and the mode itself being a salt mine I hope this could get to ubisoft and they could think about making adjustments to the tournament mode because atm u need to win 5/6 of the games just to come out with maybe a slightly positive percentage.

Helnekromancer
09-04-2017, 01:02 AM
I play on xbox. Still getting matchmaking errors before matches starting that either makes the match a tie if you're in pools or both players are Eliminated if you're in Quarter/Semi Finals. This game mode is filled with centurions, so much that you wonder if they should have their own tournament so everyone else can actually play. Doesn't matter what side you are on this guy is a problem, he pretty much killed Tournament mode on Xbox, first the game mode had "High activity" something I've never seen this game mode have before, people brought out their Kensei's and Conq but slowly overtime time you saw more centurions. People abusing this broken character to grind out free wins since tourney rewards are RNG, there's almost little to no reason to play your main when you can just pick the broken fighter. Thus after the first day people realized the game mode is filled with centurion and unless you are playing that character you are going to have a stressful time. So now the giant tournament that started with 4 pools and had the 1st and 2nd representatives showcasing there skill is now reduced to 2 pools in which everyone gets to go to the next phase many none of these wins and loses matters because you still have a shot at winning the whole thing. As of today this game mode reflects its non tourney counterpart as "Low Activity" where it takes forever to find other people willing to waste there time to play this mode.

This game mode wasn't ready with the amount of unbalance still present. If you don't want to balance the centurion than give him his own tournament. You should have realized after you first saw him juggle a guy against a wall, he would be needed a nurf or rework to his kit. This isn't marvel vs capcom so why is this guy juggling people in a medieval fantasy hack-and-slash with no way of fighting back?

uplayisbad321
09-04-2017, 03:11 AM
Ubisoft, you can't be ****ing serious right now.How did you not anticipate you needing a ****** tournament specifically for the ******s.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pAwIv42ULpE

Kwezr
09-04-2017, 05:14 AM
So I perfected the initial 20/20 matches, I got placed to Diamon 2 mid-tournament. I lost semi-finals and lost 300% points and went all the way back to Plat IV, Lost another match and went to plat III, lost another match and went to Plat 2. Why would they design such a ******ed ranking system?

My.Insanity
09-04-2017, 07:19 AM
1. Matchmaking ... How does it work? I am Rep 61 and have to play vs people who are Rep 1 - 10? I mean okay im not sooo good in duel but im good enough to stomp some newbies.

2. Ingame lags... I played yesterday a couple of tournaments and a few of my enemys just hit and GB me all the time while the character wasnt moving at all.. arent you using Routers for this?

3. Rewards... first the rewards in XP and Steel are a joke.. i could play 2 Dominion games in the same time. second the random tournament rewards are a pain in the A$$.

4. Defensive Meta.. parry is still to rewarding... best example is ofc the Centurio who can end every match with 1 parry.

5. Rewards/Matchups... if you change the Rewards for winning a Tournament according to the Hero you use you will face MUCH MORE different Heros because now you only need to pick one from the Top Tier and you can win Rewards for your other Characters.

6. Character Balancing... I have no idea how long you need to add some Defensive Meta changes... but their need also be a lot of balancing changes... for example I main Valk but i would NEVER play her in Duel... In my eyes she is one of the worst Heros for Duel all you can do is light spamm because her kit down allow any mixups if you dont hit 2 light attacks. (and whit "hit" i mean "hit" if they block 1 light attack you cant follow up with anything) And all of her attacks are very easy punished with a GB which is in most cases a death sentence.

Sneaky-Patches
09-04-2017, 09:09 AM
Twice I have made it to the finals, and tied with the enemy, but instead of going to sudden death, it just gave me a second place ranking. I assume it was the same for the enemy. Pretty gutted.

Would be great if it just went to sudden death, next round wins or something.

PhYcE-
09-05-2017, 06:20 AM
LOVING the tournament mode!! Very good job!

That_guy44
09-05-2017, 09:27 AM
Twice I have made it to the finals, and tied with the enemy, but instead of going to sudden death, it just gave me a second place ranking. I assume it was the same for the enemy. Pretty gutted.

Would be great if it just went to sudden death, next round wins or something.

Nope. Happened to me today in semifinals. Tied round 5 and they allowed my opponent to go to the finals. It says the fastest to win wins the tiebreaker. What kinda ******** is that. Common sense would say go to round 6. What really pissed me off is that my opponent turtles and ran on the rounds I won. Of course his times would be better.

PDXGorechild
09-05-2017, 12:06 PM
You've made some steps toward taking out traps and cliffs on Tournament mode to make it more based of fighting skill alone, but I still feel some of the maps favour certain classes. The Assassin classes, for example, require a lot of room to dodge around to avoid attacks and position themselves for a strike, whereas some classes will thrive in a corridor or small room, bouncing you off the walls like a ping pong ball with unblockables.

For this reason I believe the only truly way to make it fair is to have specific maps for tournament only. Wide, open spaces with no traps or cliffs, and perhaps one or two small objects to throw your opponent into if the opportunity arises.

THEskarth
09-05-2017, 01:41 PM
Dear Ubisoft Team,

here summarized my positives and negatives for Tournament-Mode:

Positive:
+ The tournament form is generally fine
+ Emblems look nice
+ Menus and sounds are well done
+ The general idea of better rewards is good
+ Waiting times are okay

Negative:
- The implementation of the rewards is very bad: Tournaments should be better rewarded. More steel, more XP and the bonuses should be allocated to the character I played in the tournament.
- Downgrade after a game against a bot must not happen: My opponent has flown out of the game or has left it and has been replaced by a bot. I won 3-0, but the game was considered lost.

greetings

negospider
09-05-2017, 02:32 PM
After I got to platinum I can't find matches, neither me or my friends after we got to Platinium we aren't able to play ranked duel.

Toran80
09-05-2017, 03:00 PM
We need something against cheaters. The whole tourney makes no sense without it.

I went 9:1 during qualifiers and then met a guy that had 0 points after qualifiers.

I beat him without loosing a single hp in round 1 and he was not good at all. In round 2 he suddenly went to be the god father of everything he parried each and every light, did not bite on any feint and was all perfect. He owned me easily in the next 3 rounds. I did not hit him a single time (and the guy was not able to counter a GB before).

It is clear that this is not possible I am sure the guy turned it on because he could not take he is loosing badly.

These players take all the fun away from the game so...

start BANNING cheaters!!!

I play on PC but it can't be that only console players cqan compete in fair games.

Helnekromancer
09-05-2017, 03:28 PM
MAKE QUALIFIERS MEAN SOMETHING. This game mode died so fast, tourneys only have 2 pools meaning all 8 players make it to playoffs regardless of their score. And with time snap removed, I can't parry assassins anymore on my Nobushi, i can't tell if it's me or the game anymore but if an assassin is aggressive i can't parry a thing to fight back like my fighter became slower to react. I just want the the ornament but this is getting stressful.

Is there a way to make Duel not a ****ing staring contest?

Not_a_heretic
09-05-2017, 06:42 PM
From what i read, at least you guys can actually play.

Allow me to develop. I've played four tournaments in the course of two days, each of them with a waiting time of approximately half an hour, which is utterly unacceptable for a ranked game mode. Not even the beta word can excuse both such delays and such stupid mistakes.

May i start with the beginning: the reward system is simply stupid. Random rewards for every hero? Not even for the hero you played during the tournament? I just got a Valkyrie paint pattern, and i don't even play valkyrie. But that's something else i want to discuss.

The servers. There are none, and it can be actually felt. Someone decides to magically make his connexion bad, and SURPRISE you can't parry anything because he lags. True story.

And now, the final part: the stupid as hell reconnexion system, because there is none in this game, which i can simply NOT understand for a AAA, multiplayer fighting game. How does getting a 0.5 sec connexion microcut get you kicked out of even trying to play? Because right now, for the second time, i got stuck at the semi finals' screen with no way to go in the game or out of the tournament because of said .5 sec microcut. Apparently, my opponent killed me three times nonetheless, and i was kicked out of the tournament while i could have had a chance to win. This is bullsh*t, there is no other word. You should have waited for the dedicated servers to come out to release this mode, but eh, i suppose adding the "BETA" word excuses everything. (Hint: it doesnt. right now, ranked duel is a piss-poor quality **** show, with cheaters ruling the game because you have not fixed the bloody unlock techs yet, vortex spammers and such. )

In other words, this is a game mode that has great potential; i actually like playing it, and the announcer is genuinely hilarious. But it's not finished. And right now, adding a game mode so badly finished in a game that has been out for six months? It's simply unacceptable.

mr_celcius
09-05-2017, 06:48 PM
Ubi plz. 50 steel for winning a tournament? And I don't even get an ornament/pattern/color for the character I was playing with?

Ranked duel tourneys on PS4 are fun for bragging rights, but I usually get a lot of unusual lag on the Temple map. NAT type is always green, 24mbps download speed, so I know my connection isn't an issue.

Toran80
09-05-2017, 11:24 PM
I play on PC and have nothing to complain about the system at all.

I play Kensei which is considered one of the weaker heroes but I am fine with that he is my guy and I take the challenge.

What takes the fun of tourneys away from me is that there are to many cheaters in it.

I am only a GOLD II player so I was expecting people to have medium skill in it. My 10 tournaments of today went like this, I played my qualifiers and made it 1st or 2nd place 6 out of 10 times I made it to the finals BUT there is ALWAYS that 1 guy who feels fishy.

Each time I start an attack his block immediatley resets to that position and he parries most or almost any light. This can't be because we all know that timesnap was removed and parry feels a little bit diffrent in each new match. So this guy clearly uses parry bot/ guard bot/ block bot.

This will lead to:

1. The guy takes away the fun from at least 7 other players
2. The guy (let us call him what he is = cheater) get's a reward for his cheating = he is encouraged because he wins a tourney
3. Out of 7 other players at least 3 realize they played a cheater = the love for this great game gets smaller and smaller until the player stops playing

It all ends up with a game that has a growing cheater base which will be the only players left if you do not stop it (saw a playerbase die to cheating in one of your games before "The Division" ). PLEASE prevent For Honor from the death to cheating.

Toran80
09-05-2017, 11:27 PM
I had a couple of matches where my enemy rage quitted after I bet him.

When this happens you get 0% Rank points at all. This is not fair because you bet the player 3 times and than get nothing for it (in my case I bet him 3:0 and 3:1 and he than pushed Alt+F4 I think).

XJadeDragoonX
09-06-2017, 09:19 PM
After 5 tournament wins I finally got the ornament I want. I want to keep playing to rank up but there seems to be no point. I was about 7 xp away from reaching Platinum 1. I won the tournament and just stayed on the tournament overview screen and went to go get ready for work. Shower etc. I get back to my PlayStation and I guess it timed out while I was getting ready. And what happens? It gives me a penalty for disconnecting from the tournament and I got demoted alllllllllll the way back to the beginning of gold 4. Almost 2 full ranks I was demoted for idling in a tournament lobby that I ALREADY WON. I'm usually on here encouraging people to give ubisoft a chance and wait for the changes we know are gonna come...

But **** you guys for that one ubisoft. I spent hours getting to Plat 1 from Gold 3. I supported the ranked mode even though it wasn't perfect. Enjoying the fight to the finals even though I got beat by a better player quite a few times but learning from my defeat. But the only thing i learned from this defeat is that you guys are ****ing morons. I'm not doing that **** again lol.

ODP.
09-06-2017, 09:46 PM
This has probably been addressed already but i want to put in my opinion. What happened to ties? It used to be in the game but not now. Twice now in the tournament I've had simultaneous kills and each have gone to the opponent. Another my opponent died a second later from a bleed but i should lose on that. The other two need to count as a tie and we need to rematch. I find it funny that in a match where i lost in the 5th round, i died 3 times and my opponent died 4. Just curious to what happened with the ties.

That_guy44
09-07-2017, 05:54 AM
The matchmaking needs work. I'm gold 3. The other people in my pool were platinum 2,3, and 4. WTF. I thought ranked would have you have you fighting people in your skill set. I kept asking myself why I keep fighting silver folks but then realized I've been playing platinum peeps this whole time. I mean the ranks aren't even close. Just say there is no one on around your skill bracket and try again later.

Toran80
09-07-2017, 12:05 PM
At the moment I face lawbringer 50% on each toruney and here is why:

His shove can NOT be punished at all!

I play Kensei and when Saltbringer does its shove I usually dodged sideways and...

1. give him a side light as punish. Now he is able to PARRY that punish.

2. did a GB BUT he is able to counter (no other hero is able to counter when he dashes but lawby is)

3. I fail to dodge = he gets a free light (Kensei and a lot of other heroes never get a thing free at all)

4. I hit my light, feint a top heavy switch it to hyper armor side heavy AND he does the second shove and pushes me out of my hyper armor, really?

Sorry this mechanic needs to be fixed this is just broken and OP you can not beat a lawbringer that knows its move set!

PDXGorechild
09-07-2017, 03:41 PM
The rewards system is utter ********. I won an ornament for the Shinobi, whom I am currently level 0 with, and only have unlocked by virtue of owning the Season Pass.
How in the **** was this system passed? Who was in the meeting when that was decided? I need answers to this ****, because It shows a catastrophic flaw with the developers reasoning and decision making.
This was nearly an hour of my life, gone, and I have precisely ****all to show for it. Reward us for the classes we manage to win with, and I desperately want this to work retroactively, because I will not now, nor ever use the Shinobi for a variety of reasons, meaning I just Beta tested a system with a flaw so mind numbingly obvious, It should never even have been in the game to begin with.

Tundra nailed it. I've won 2 tournaments as Berserker and got an Orochi ornament and a raider tattoo for my trouble. The stress of competing in such an intense game mode for an hour and winning warrants better rewards than crap for classes i'll never play IMO. Also agree on the teams thing being dumb. Just display our own emblems. I guess you did this so the commentator has something to say while the screen is loading. "Bareback raiders versus the Brokeback mountaineers!" or whatever. How about just getting the commentator to say which classes are being played and what rank they are? For example:

"Rank 22 Berserker versus rank 2 Centurion!"

The commentator should the make a snide comment about how F***ING F***ED UP CENTURION IS LOLOLOLOL

Shizzle117
09-09-2017, 07:43 PM
The DLC heros are Flooding this game type... if that's not a sign that they are vastly superior to the vanilla heros idk what is. Can the old heros get some love and we hold off on the New stuff? I'm tired of playing vs Cent and Glad every single game!

Rikuto01.tv
09-10-2017, 01:12 AM
The only feedback I can offer right now is that after getting above plat 4 I haven't managed to get into a single tournament since the second day it launched.

Can't really critique a mode that can't be played.

Seems to me the only way to make the mode playable for higher ranked persons is to widen the skill net in the filters and adjust the ranking points to compensate for when lower ranked players inevitably lose. That system is going to have to be re-worked so losing to plats is tolerable for people in gold ranks and below.

And of course, since they will be losing to higher ranked players quite often, you had better make it worth their time through rewards.

Antonioj26
09-10-2017, 03:34 AM
At the moment I face lawbringer 50% on each toruney and here is why:

His shove can NOT be punished at all!

I play Kensei and when Saltbringer does its shove I usually dodged sideways and...

1. give him a side light as punish. Now he is able to PARRY that punish.

2. did a GB BUT he is able to counter (no other hero is able to counter when he dashes but lawby is)

3. I fail to dodge = he gets a free light (Kensei and a lot of other heroes never get a thing free at all)

4. I hit my light, feint a top heavy switch it to hyper armor side heavy AND he does the second shove and pushes me out of my hyper armor, really?

Sorry this mechanic needs to be fixed this is just broken and OP you can not beat a lawbringer that knows its move set!

His neutral shove is trash, it's slow as dirt. He also doesn't get a free light even if it lands. You can't block it but you can dodge and if you do you get a free gb.

No_U_D0od
09-10-2017, 01:07 PM
Ranked mode is pure crap.
Nothing but assassins winning, turtles, bleed attacks and running away.

"reward tiers"...........ummmmmmmmmmm.......................so what do they even do LOL

The ornament is random. what?

0/10 ubisoft.

Rikuto01.tv
09-10-2017, 11:38 PM
I like how a solid number of people are complaining about game balance rather than giving feedback on the actual mode mechanics.

It's like they just can't help themselves after some salty loss.

The_B0G_
09-11-2017, 01:56 PM
His neutral shove is trash, it's slow as dirt. He also doesn't get a free light even if it lands. You can't block it but you can dodge and if you do you get a free gb.

Agreed, I stopped playing LB in duel tourny because I could barely land any hits, everything was being parried, blocked or dodged. I'd get plent of shoves but most of the time my light would get dodged afterwards or my gb would miss.

Maybe I'm a s*** LB but I did way better as my Kensei.

Ssalaban
09-12-2017, 05:31 PM
Every time i try to play ranked (ps4) i get matched with people that are plat 1 to plat 3 despite me being gold 1
Does anyone else have the same problem?

Plutonium Bug
09-12-2017, 05:32 PM
Absolutely terrible game mode got ain f into 3 times needed to sync back didn't happen and lost all 3!!!!

TheTool85
09-12-2017, 09:57 PM
It is kinda great! You face especially those kind of heroes which are 'sooo damn weak and really need a buff'.
And they ripp you easily off just like that.
Conq shield bash, warden shoulder bash, orochi guardbreak and the heavy... jap. Great.

ItBeJUSTICE1
09-13-2017, 12:37 AM
If i win one more match in ranked and still lose points i will not touch ranked again period. F*cking seriously? I went from diamond 2 to diamond 1 and all because i lost 25 points after winning and going to the finals. And please tell me how ive gotten almost every championship ornament for every character except the ones i use. Is this supposed to incentivise us to keep playing your gamemode thats rigged? Cause thats what it seems like.

Rikuto01.tv
09-13-2017, 06:24 AM
Still experiencing 30-40 minute wait times at high diamond during peak gameplay hours. (PC)

I've said it before but I would really recommend mixing all of diamond and most (if not all) of plat. Making more people diamond helped the issue, but realistically speaking we are still too segregated. Mix the ranks and re-work the point system so its reasonable for platinum players to still progress even if they take a loss to a diamond player.

As the current system stands, introducing a Master rank into the equation is not feasible. They would never get a tournament.

Another thing I would recommend is introducing a Steel Reward Multipler that grows the longer you are waiting in queue, and it would apply towards all battles in that tournament. I couldn't say for sure the exact appropriate rate of growth but it would ensure that anyone waiting a really long time for a tournament would eventually get appropriate payout when it did fire off. Current problem with this is that after a certain amount of time a player will time out of queue, so the system would need to be smart enough to let you retain that value if you re-queued within a reasonable amount of time.

Haemmerst0rm
09-13-2017, 11:17 AM
Since the update you have introduced a bug. I joined a tournament since the update (i got from platinum 2 to diamond 1 74%). I was leading in the first match. But suddenly, in round 3 my interface was gone. I went to the options and it says that my interface is at full. Nothing happens. I cant read the attacks. I cant read the scoreboard. I have no indicators at all. How am i supposed to fight this match then without rating???? Decided to leave the tournament and lost 17%. Thank you for the bug and the loss of rating ubi..... -.- fix it and give the 17% back if possible...... i dnt have to be punished for a bug you have introduced!

Maxime_Qc-
09-13-2017, 06:53 PM
Waiting for 20 min just to not fight and have a lost

https://youtu.be/TZFyIvFYjBU

Zombie.Mantis
09-15-2017, 09:24 AM
Hi, I've made it through my place matches and now i can't find games. Zero.. i sit and it times out every time. i play a bit late at night but still there should be some players right?? any reason why i can't find games??? so annoying and frustrating.. also i was rank 4gold then i leave town and come back and I'm silver... wtf. this why i can't find a game???

Zombie.Mantis
09-15-2017, 09:27 AM
Just like the title says.. i can't even find games. would be nice if i could play rank mode. and not sit in the ****ing Q forever!!!!!!!!

Toran80
09-15-2017, 12:24 PM
Tourney mode does not show skill at all and here is why:

Fair play is no part of the For Honor community!

I bet several higher ranked players the last two days 3:0 and the rage quitted aftre I killed them the 3rd time.

The result of it is i get NO rank score for it also I bet the player clearly.

Sorry guys this can't be.

Alt+F4 can not prevent a player from earning the rank for a win!!!

Toran80
09-15-2017, 01:01 PM
I was downgraded 5 ranks when the new patch came out.

I am now silver 1 but I don't feel any difference to my opponents.

The problem is even if I beat a player ranked clearly higher I gain super low exp (a silver IV player gave me 8% and I beat him 3:0 wtf).

I often face 1 or 2 qualifiers which are often high prestige and loose 6 or 8% of exp in a match this can not be please think about it and fix this broken system.

OneManAlone
09-15-2017, 03:50 PM
Centurions are real pain in the a**. In term of balancing u need decrease his stamina or stamina cost on heavy attacks. It is real no sense that the char with best punishing capabilities to also have a chunk of stamina to spam hvy feints into gb.

kogurio0
09-15-2017, 07:20 PM
I have posted thread about this, check it: http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1747506-Ranking-system-is-bugged

Tyrjo
09-16-2017, 01:49 PM
I think the changes to steel rewards is a step in the right direction. I do however think it should be increased even further. The devs must find a way to entice the whole player base to play Duel Tournament, that is the ONLY way it will succeed. If it is just populated by the top percentiles of players it will never be a great experience for anyone from the lower skilled percentiles.

TheTKOShow
09-17-2017, 07:25 AM
Ok so I think you should be hero locked for the tournament, and that's how you get that heros prints, emblems, ornaments.
I could play orochi non stop and never receive that Kool ornament and that's a shame. Let us as the gamer see a shiny and go for it, not by chance but by winning for it.

Dude_of_Valor
09-18-2017, 09:44 AM
Please don't merge one tournament into another. Last week I played in a tournament which had four players, and when it came to the qualifiers all of a sudden there is 8. Just felt wrong to slide into another tournament.

Also getting a game loss because you can't connect to someone is a little crap.

Apart from that all seems good. Hard to deal with the assassin characters (on xbox) but you already know that.

FightingFerrets
09-18-2017, 03:56 PM
This is my first time posting in months and it's been even longer since I really played much. I finally went back to the game last night and saw the tournament and gave it a shot. I had a ton of fun. It's a fresh mode and even though I Was never much of a duel fan I really enjoyed myself. I only lost two matches, both to the same guy, a light attack spamming PK, but it was still an enjoyable experience as those matches were close.

I'll likely start playing a little more often again, the overall feel to the game seems slightly more polished. Nice work!

Hzxii
09-18-2017, 08:58 PM
As I like to play ranked this annoys me, I go into the semi finals and go 1-0 up and then my opponent leaves and I have seem to have lost the match? And he goes onto the final even though I was beating him easily. Fix this please

pfacuq
04-18-2018, 02:46 AM
The matchmaking is a crap. I can be waiting for hours and the ranked never start.
It's the same with all play modes except domination.
The game isn't bad, but you should be ashamed of the poor amount of active players.
you should give me back my money and make up for my lost time.

Tyrjo
04-18-2018, 07:15 AM
You should be rewarded with the same amount of steel and XP for forfeits as well. Instead you have to wait and do nothing for ten minutes.

justinhntr
05-10-2018, 03:23 AM
Hi, I would appreciate a point system based on tournament placement where you can earn tourney points to spend on the items you want. That way even lesser players like myself can earn a cool ornament now and then. I've won eight tournaments, but lost many, many, more. I would play more ranked duel tournaments if I could earn the tourney items this way. I think everyone else would too. Thanks.

Tyrjo
05-10-2018, 06:58 AM
A five point plan to revitalize Duel Tournament.

1. Make the tournament a special game mode, it's only natural to not have tournaments open all the time. Have it open on weekends, Friday to Sunday. This will direct the activity to a shorter time span and will results in better matchmaking.

2. Introduce a 1vs1 ladder that is always open, for competitive play during times the tournament is closed.

3. Increase the steel and XP rewards by 50%. Reward forfeit wins as well.

4. Each season, issue a season order to get a placement rank in Duel Tournament. This order rewards 2000 steel. Once this order is completed each weekend you get an order to participate in a Duel Tournament. This orders rewards 500 steel.

5. Create reward tiers depending on which rank you achieve after the season is finished. If you finish higher up in the ranks you get more interesting rewards.

Soldier_of_Dawn
05-26-2018, 06:07 PM
Here's my take on what would make Duel Tournament work for me at least:

* Faster matchmaking - while a lot of this is dependent on player activity, if the matching making was more like Dominion, the reduced waiting times would increase activity. Having player rank being a factor in the matchups is probably what contributes to the waiting times. I would relax that feature and leave it to skill only to speed things up.

* Have ornaments from all seasons available since this is one of the biggest reasons players invest time in this mode at all.

* Rewards are based on your reward tier and last character played and are 100% guaranteed instead of this randomly generated feature. If you already have all the rewards for that character then a random reward based on your reward tier will be given - I believe this issue has already been addressed but I thought I'll mention it since I haven't been able to play Duel Tournament since the S6 patch.

* Revised match steel rewards: Steel is always a great incentive for any game mode. A 500 steel reward for winning the tournament would not be overkill if the player is only awarded it once per day. The next tournament victory one the same day could go back to the standard rate of 100 steel. An alternative solution would be to increase the steel reward between 25 - 50% for each match and the bonuses awarded for quarters, semis, and finals.

* Improved loot rate - double the rate would be good or the same rate as events drop them. The 'extra loot' awarded seems no different from standard duels.

* Extra xp - a bonus 25% xp per match won and bonus 100% xp for winning the final.

* Address connection issues - while every game mode suffers from this it is more costly in tournaments for obvious reasons.

KitingFatKidsEZ
05-27-2018, 09:54 AM
Since we are already bumping month old threads...

Remove the ****ing tournament mode, the main reason it is not played is because it takes 15 minutes and then theres more waiting between each match. I dont want to play a ****ing waiting simulator. There is no playerside benefit to doing it this way but plenty of downsides. Youd have to give players insane incentives to make anyone play this crap. And even then they dont play it because the mode is good but because it gives MOAR STUFF!

Single match, best of 3, rewards based on ladder placing at the end of the season.

So. Damn. Simple. Every. Other. Fighting. Game. WHY. Not. This. One.

Awodfkai
08-02-2018, 09:21 PM
I just queued up against the same person 4 times in a row while unranked. I don't think that should be possible.

DefiledDragon
08-02-2018, 10:04 PM
I just queued up against the same person 4 times in a row while unranked. I don't think that should be possible.

Nobody else plays, just you two.

JenpaiSama
08-03-2018, 12:34 AM
Balancing is an issue. I don't necessarily mean characters but players as a whole. I"m only rep 20 casual. Why put me against 157+ lifers?

HazelrahFirefly
08-03-2018, 12:35 AM
So far... it was a delight to play one quick duel and receive a tourney reward. I look forward to farming duels on end to collect everything because I'm a loot wh*re.

Blitzwarrior771
08-03-2018, 12:46 AM
I like realistic elimination any realistic mode is better then core game . For ranked skills should count 🤔

Vakris_One
08-03-2018, 01:00 AM
I played 5 Ranked duels, I won all 5 but I was only rewarded with ranked rewards twice. Tournament rewards should be guarranteed after every ranked duel win. Making the chance itself of a reward to drop be random doesn't feel nice and will simply piss off your players just like with the badly recieved RNG roulette wheel reward system you had in Season 4 ranked.

The tier of reward you get is already random and that's enough. There doesn't need to be an extra layer of RNG on top of this that determines whether you even get a reward or not. We're not here to gamble at a casino. We're here to play a ranked game mode and get rewarded for winning. If the player wins the duel they should be guarranteed at least one reward drop. The winning player shouldn't be sitting there with absolutely nothing to show for having won, otherwise he/she might as well be playing the normal duel mode.

Timendrius
08-03-2018, 01:01 AM
Immediately after the introduction of the new ranking system, I played 15 qualifying games, after which I was assigned to platinum IV, then I played three ranking matches, with high hopes for climbing to the level of the Master. The first, won, rewarded me with 15% increased ranking points, while the next two I lost, receiving for the first -100% of ranking points, which took me to Platinum III and -67%, which again threw me down a level. I waited about 13 minutes for both matches in the lobby. What the **** is this new system?!

Blitzwarrior771
08-03-2018, 01:03 AM
Itís garbage remove the blocking cheat **** you and **** this game

DefiledDragon
08-03-2018, 01:05 AM
I played 5 Ranked duels, I won all 5 but I was only rewarded with ranked rewards twice. Tournament rewards should be guarranteed after every ranked duel win. Making the chance itself of a reward to drop be random doesn't feel nice and will simply piss off your players just like with the badly recieved RNG roulette wheel reward system you had in Season 4 ranked.

The tier of reward you get is already random and that's enough. There doesn't need to be an extra layer of RNG on top of this that determines whether you even get a reward or not. We're not here to gamble at a casino. We're here to play a ranked game mode and get rewarded for winning. If the player wins the duel they should be guarranteed at least one reward drop. The winning player shouldn't be sitting there with absolutely nothing to show for having won, otherwise he/she might as well be playing the normal duel mode.

Did you ever craft in The Division™? It was the same. Ubisoft make great games, but god DAMN they love them some ******** RNG.

Vakris_One
08-03-2018, 01:15 AM
Did you ever craft in The Division™? It was the same. Ubisoft make great games, but god DAMN they love them some ******** RNG.
I haven't sampled that much of Ubi's RNG but I still have nightmares from the RNG loot drops from the first Destiny's Raids.

*shudders*

A reasonable amount of RNG has its place and its uses. However a PvP ranked mode isn't one of those places to put a luck based multi-layered RNG loot drop system. I would honestly prefer a Seasonal rank based reward system at the end of each Season like Rocket League does with their ranked rewards, rather than this Casino style "pull on the one-armed bandit and maybe get lucky" approach.

HazelrahFirefly
08-03-2018, 01:48 AM
I thought it WAS supposed to be every win grants a tourney reward???

Ubi mod, help!

HazelrahFirefly
08-03-2018, 12:18 PM

Ubi mod, help!

Bumping because this needs clarification!

Vakris_One
08-03-2018, 01:34 PM

Ubi mod, help!
It didn't in my case. I won all 5 of my ranked duels but I only got a tournament reward on just 2 occassions. Ergo it's not a guarranteed reward on a win, you also have to get lucky with the RNG drop rate.

Ducky-lord
08-03-2018, 01:40 PM
I played ranked duel on ps4 against a centurion, I won and gained 3 %. The next match was against the same guy and I lost against him, and I lost 154 %.

DefiledDragon
08-03-2018, 01:49 PM
I played ranked duel on ps4 against a centurion, I won and gained 3 %. The next match was against the same guy and I lost against him, and I lost 154 %.

That doesn't seem entirely fair tbh.

johnnycvitale
08-31-2018, 09:43 AM
Hi hope this gets to you...I bought both ur pc and xbox unable to play pc version due to lack of good enough equipment so I'm stuck playing on the 30fps xbox its no big deal..ive put in days so far and cant get enough love your game but there is an issue with ranked play i find matches fast and seems to be plenty of people playing but after my placement matches I lost quite a few i was still new...but I dropped to bronze 1 --0% - and lost a couple more I'm sure but I continued to improve i wanted to get better and become the best and ranked seemed like a good way to do it . but when I play now I gain no rank and loose no rank still stuck at broze 1 0% no matter if win five in a row of oppents supoosedly better than me. Or if I loose a couple I loose nothing gain nothing I hope this is a bug if not maybe explain whats going on.also the skill scale in broze 1 is ridiculous u can fight some that can barely move the character or fight some that can party deflect feint gaurdbreak and smash u ...this can be the same tier ..and that brings me to the next point is that ur ranking system kinda sux feels like ur not working towards anything u dont seem to keep people coming back to be the best ....Idk how a rework to rank would look like but ive read some good ideas but I would say overwatch is a good example...just something feels like its missing better leader board tracker something maybe have number ones of each tier ....and you'll have to give some incentive and i mean alot for people to continue to play ranked ...and tournements arent working on xbox and no option besides duels 1v1...ur xbox community seems huge and id like to see it grow I'm sure you guys have some goood ides in mind bur if you could work on the issue for me of not gaining rank that be great....my gamertag is Osiris Titanus other than that love the game and dont let the light spam hate get to u its counterable

jbs1985
08-31-2018, 10:07 AM
My very first ranked duel tournament: I get an error message in my first play-off match. Goes on to win the next two plus the semi 3-0 x 3. The final, Iím up against the first player where I got disconnected. Gets disconnected again, and after 20 min of starring at the frozen post match lobby screen, I get a second place. Itís the same matchmaking error I get when trying to find any match and I get those alot. Once Iím in a lobby I rarely get errors. But with the matchmaking search through each round, I canít play that tournament.

Berethor_1991
09-30-2018, 11:47 AM
This tournament mode is a waiting simulator. You get 2 placement matches that are won by left click spamming, then you get to w8 till 3 other matches are compleate because of an error or a leaver just to get to fight to a turtlle or what's worse to a smurf ( yes there are smurfs, gold 1 orochi with godlike reaction) and by that time you forget how to guardbreak, get destroyed or get an error and get eliminated and it leaves you with nothing but salt and wasted time. Please, Ubisoft, eather get rid of placement matches or mb turn it into a single brawl or elimination with no gear and boosts mb even with some sort of a barrier, so ppl can fight only 1v1 on 2v2 or 4v4 map. I 1-ce i had to wait like 2 matcher in a row, because of leavers. Another solution is to give a player an option to fight a bot, while other fights are compleate, just so your skills don't get rusty till next match. Also endless timers, announcer and loadings don't help

Berethor_1991
10-01-2018, 09:10 PM
also it is realy easy for a good player to get low rank and play againced worce, and there is no way to report that player, in report for cheating it says that high skill is not cheating, thow getting in lower ranks in competitive for easy games is..may bethose are decayed players. At least get decayed players to fight ppl of the rank they decayed from in tournaments, because they ruin games for low tier players. and in addition to last post about long timers and waiting, give a minigame for players, so the waiting in menues wasn't so terrble

g3g3n
10-02-2018, 06:29 PM
A really big help would be to allow players in lobby to watch games in progress. I don't know how hard it would be to implement, maybe the players who are watching do not need to enter the match, but rather watch it from lobby as a stream.

Not only is it a great way to kill time, but you can actually see how your enemies fight before you get to fight them and think about your strategy/approach. It will also mean you get to see their chosen hero (and they get to see yours!), but since you are able to switch heroes every match this should not be an issue, and will introduce more mindgames when picking a character.

Malzeigan
10-04-2018, 06:49 PM
nice idea!. you get that option in mortal kombat in KOTH and survival

Ubiflowessence
10-04-2018, 07:52 PM
This tournament mode is a waiting simulator. You get 2 placement matches that are won by left click spamming, then you get to w8 till 3 other matches are compleate because of an error or a leaver just to get to fight to a turtlle or what's worse to a smurf ( yes there are smurfs, gold 1 orochi with godlike reaction) and by that time you forget how to guardbreak, get destroyed or get an error and get eliminated and it leaves you with nothing but salt and wasted time. Please, Ubisoft, eather get rid of placement matches or mb turn it into a single brawl or elimination with no gear and boosts mb even with some sort of a barrier, so ppl can fight only 1v1 on 2v2 or 4v4 map. I 1-ce i had to wait like 2 matcher in a row, because of leavers. Another solution is to give a player an option to fight a bot, while other fights are compleate, just so your skills don't get rusty till next match. Also endless timers, announcer and loadings don't help

also it is realy easy for a good player to get low rank and play againced worce, and there is no way to report that player, in report for cheating it says that high skill is not cheating, thow getting in lower ranks in competitive for easy games is..may bethose are decayed players. At least get decayed players to fight ppl of the rank they decayed from in tournaments, because they ruin games for low tier players. and in addition to last post about long timers and waiting, give a minigame for players, so the waiting in menues wasn't so terrble

A really big help would be to allow players in lobby to watch games in progress. I don't know how hard it would be to implement, maybe the players who are watching do not need to enter the match, but rather watch it from lobby as a stream.

Not only is it a great way to kill time, but you can actually see how your enemies fight before you get to fight them and think about your strategy/approach. It will also mean you get to see their chosen hero (and they get to see yours!), but since you are able to switch heroes every match this should not be an issue, and will introduce more mindgames when picking a character.

Thank you for your feedback and suggestions! Just out of curiosity, what other ways do you think tournament mode can be improved on? (This goes for anyone else in well)

Kliftheone
10-05-2018, 10:48 AM
I, in general, like the idea as long as it is not the only way for me to play ranked 1v1. I play on PS4 and I`ll list the things I think should get a tweak, by not stating all the positive sides does not mean there isn't any, I`m just gonna focus on what I think should get a small tweak.

1. There should be a much more strict cap on latency allowed, it should not be allowed to have players with 80-150 ping run around in there, also it should be stricter on flaunting latency from the lag switch.

2. If your enemy rage quits/disconnects mid fight you should just end the fight right there and not have to fight a bot.

3. I would love if you could access the profile page as well while waiting, that way you could also edit your emblem and such. The other ask is probably one that is hard to do, but if you could get training mode or even a simple training mode while waiting.

4. In general, I would love a point system, and I`ll try to make this as clean and understandable as I can.

So at the moment, we gain one reward per tier we complete, and we get the rewards at random on the hero we played last. Also if we have received all the rewards from that tier it will go random on any other hero on the same tier.

What I propose:
Now the numbers are adjustable. Winning a ranked match will reward X points depending on rank. Winning a tournament will gain you 150 points, an ornament will cost 100 points and you can use the rest of the points on the lower tiers. You could even lower the rewards to 100 points for winning which then would result in a larger grind for people, but I don`t think people would mind if they could use these "tournament/ranked" points to buy exactly what they want from ranked rewards. You could even up it and add that you can buy XP-boosts for 25 tournament points or something.

Berethor_1991
10-06-2018, 01:05 PM
Actualy got me thinking. The easyest solutions i came up with are shorten timers, so no 1 min, only half a minute, no timer after 3-d qualification match, so ppl placed straight whan the last fight is done. Announcements also take time, add them to the timer time mb? Or implement a good old ready check so timers are skipped? Don't forget, beside those timers and all of the waiting in the lobby, we have a timer on select char screen and map loadings. maybe add announcement on the loading screen? By the way, i was typing that post during tournament, another person left... so your task at first is to make time spent in lobby shorter, then mb add ability to do training arena/bot fights if some1 left or add ability to watch oter matches

Also sometimes i'm curios who wins the tournament, i mean, i wanted to watch some final matches when i'm eliminated at semifinals, but i understand that it will take adding a whole spectator mode

Berethor_1991
10-06-2018, 07:24 PM
Another thing i don't understand is qualification matches. what are they for? I have decided to lvl my pk, cuz of the hipe arround new maskless armor that is coming (realy nice, good job on that, still waiting maskless valk) so i pick PK in placements as i get in tournament anyways, get rekt, cuz i haven't played pk since the 1-st months of when For Honor came out and then pick my mains (zerker and valk) and rek ppl from best to worce. what's the point? i'd love if you just get rid of it, may be replaced wih a gamemode of ppls choice and the placement in playoff weill be based on score that was during that mode