PDA

View Full Version : Tournament cent spam

GMG Peter
09-01-2017, 06:18 PM
Ridiculous!! Every cent i faced in tournament is doing the uppercut **** ALL OVER! 8 of 10 players in tournament are cents and they only need 2 times to hit me with that jab thing... They do only that and if not that, then they wait for parry to do it afterwards..

I just had found the biggest cancer of this game and its not on ubisoft. Sure they do crap mechanics, but worst of all are the ppl that are abusing every little exploit over and over and over and over... Shame on u

CandleInTheDark
09-01-2017, 06:22 PM
Not the one I went against when I decided to try one between grind sessions. Beat me 3-2 but he soon learned he wasn't getting me with the punch and it came down to the timing of his charge attack and my own forward dodge.If anything I am mad at myself,could have won two of the three rounds I lost if I had not screwed up a punish in each.

GMG Peter
09-01-2017, 06:24 PM
Thing is in many arenas i cant even dodge his kick or punch bcs maps are small and his reach is just like huuuge so i dont even have a chance to punish

CandleInTheDark
09-01-2017, 06:42 PM
Here is the thing,people beat themselves before they even start the fight. The moment you decide you can't handle something, the opponent has free damage. What I would suggest is start a skirmish match in custom match, go to options, turn damage off, go to rules, deselect auto add bots, put a level 3 centurion on one side and join the other team. Damage free practice and while he won't act like players do, you will still get a chance at defending everything. Actually pulling off all of those moves against the level zero and one bots in how to play also helps with the tells and timing.

it will be better when ubi manage to get the practice mode upgrade they were talking about because then you could actually set him to spam uppercut but the custom match method still works pretty well.I don't fear a centurion, the more dangerous ones are those who don't go right to the spammables.

Teh1one
09-01-2017, 06:44 PM
JUST DODGE LOL

i HATE CENTS

GMG Peter
09-01-2017, 06:45 PM
JUST DODGE LOL

i HATE CENTS
even if i double dodge his tracking still hit in small maps

Wolf-Heathen
09-01-2017, 06:47 PM
And yet I love how concerned Ubisoft is for the state of the Centurion in 1v1s.....

You aren't supposed to punish Centurions. Not with their insane tracking, next to no recovery frames, and insane reach/sliding on their attacks. You're supposed to play a perfect game, and if they get one hit in, well then put down your controller because it's over. You played bad and just need to "get gud".

Avirex_Idyll
09-01-2017, 08:47 PM
Here is the thing,people beat themselves before they even start the fight. The moment you decide you can't handle something, the opponent has free damage. What I would suggest is start a skirmish match in custom match, go to options, turn damage off, go to rules, deselect auto add bots, out a level 3 centurion on one side and join the other team. Damage free practice and while he won't act like players do, you will still get a chance at defending everything. Actually pulling off all of those moves against the level zero and one bots in how to play also helps with the tells and timing.

it will be better when ubi manage to get the practice mode upgrade they were talking about because then you could actually set him to spam uppercut but the custom match method still works pretty well.I don't fear a centurion, the more dangerous ones are those who don't go right to the spammables.

^ This. I did this, well something to this degree. did a custom match and did best of 99 rounds against a Cent. The best thing I can say to do is learn to side step/dodge. don't worry about parrying his uppercut, just dodge it. It does take some timing to get it down. That being said, I still get punished for fudging up a dodge or HS as Nobushi. However, I am now able to handle most Cents that aren't even Rep 1 and think they can noob stomp my Nobushi.

And yet I love how concerned Ubisoft is for the state of the Centurion in 1v1s.....

You aren't supposed to punish Centurions. Not with their insane tracking, next to no recovery frames, and insane reach/sliding on their attacks. You're supposed to play a perfect game, and if they get one hit in, well then put down your controller because it's over. You played bad and just need to "get gud".

I am normally not one to bash devs but after their last Den broadcast I am starting to feel this way too. Their response consisted of stating that the Cent wasn't broken, he was just perfectly balanced for how his class was suppose to handle. Basically the Cent isn't OP, he just appears that way because every other class is broken in their design and how they are suppose to be played, is what I'm getting....

GMG Peter
09-01-2017, 08:54 PM
^ This. I did this, well something to this degree. did a custom match and did best of 99 rounds against a Cent. The best thing I can say to do is learn to side step/dodge. don't worry about parrying his uppercut, just dodge it. It does take some timing to get it down. That being said, I still get punished for fudging up a dodge or HS as Nobushi. However, I am now able to handle most Cents that aren't even Rep 1 and think they can noob stomp my Nobushi.

I am normally not one to bash devs but after their last Den broadcast I am starting to feel this way too. Their response consisted of stating that the Cent wasn't broken, he was just perfectly balanced for how his class was suppose to handle. Basically the Cent isn't OP, he just appears that way because every other class is broken in their design and how they are suppose to be played, is what I'm getting....

My friend i am no noob to this game, i play since beta, not every day but o do.. I know how to dodge, but thing is the cent will just try it so many times before he finally hit u with that. As i say I didn't see a single cent doing something else from his kit than this garbage for a very long time.

CrunaCross
09-01-2017, 10:35 PM
JUST dodge!!! Dodge while Ubi is collecting data! Hahaha these devs have no idea. Let's be serious they simply released a character with a broken kit having EVERYTHING others have and add more stamina damage and heatseeking. Then they run out of ideas how to fix this mess so they say: "We are collecting data"

Thanegard
09-01-2017, 11:14 PM
Just give it up, time to move to other games because this one will never be fixed, it will however get more and more broken as they release new **** without fixing things first.

UbiJurassic
09-01-2017, 11:28 PM
Echoing what Roman said in our latest Warrior's Den, we know that Centurion is very frustrating for players to play against because of his moveset. We've made small adjustments to him over the past few patches, but we'll be looking into ways to make him less frustrating for players.

high5_eb-7
09-02-2017, 12:04 AM
His kick should cost more stamina

pancakerz
09-02-2017, 12:23 AM
The devs have a strangely strong bon-errrrr love for the centurion. I don't get it at all.

I've played one tournament so far (after being away from the game for months). I played Orochi and everyone in my pool was a samurai (orochi, kensei, shinobi) and I beat all of them and was sitting pretty with 9 points. As soon as we got out of the qualifiers, I faced a cent and got my butt handed to me. His punishments are just too much, and too safe. I mean compare him to the shinobi, who risks being knocked prone if they even attempt their big combo.

lMoosel
09-02-2017, 12:35 AM
I stopped reading after "that punch thingy" . You have bothered to learn the character so you don't know the counters. More practice less crying.

Tyrjo
09-02-2017, 09:15 AM
Echoing what Roman said in our latest Warrior's Den, we know that Centurion is very frustrating for players to play against because of his moveset. We've made small adjustments to him over the past few patches, but we'll be looking into ways to make him less frustrating for players.

I feel that the whole case with the Centurion has turned into a battle of prestige and there is an unwillingness of not even want to budge an inch regarding his design. Meanwhile people are quitting the game and not coming back because Centurion is totally unfun to play against.

Kliftheone
09-02-2017, 12:44 PM
Every time I fight a Cent in Tournament mode they just stand next to a wall and turtle up, if you attack they parry and cancer starts.

RatedChaotic
09-02-2017, 02:14 PM
I stopped reading after "that punch thingy" . You have bothered to learn the character so you don't know the counters. More practice less crying.

Apparently this guy does not watch the Warriors Den. Nobody is saying the Cent is unbeatable. I played Cent to rep5. Hes not far from being a button mash hero. IMO. Roman looks like a guy that gets pissed easily and button mashes in frustration. I understand why Cent is the way he is.

Cent would most likely be my first pick if I was to try a blindfolded match...

Teh1one
09-02-2017, 02:59 PM

moveset, stam drain and this

https://g.redditmedia.com/GvXKAWTcw072SVEjrqYwU0GHeJmMa1ifOM8B-eBoubY.gif?w=640&fm=mp4&mp4-fragmented=false&

but U NEED MORE DATA right?

Linnix1
09-02-2017, 03:08 PM
What? Don't ya know Netplay settings are factually slower than in a tourney setting. It's generally delayed by 2-3 seconds if the connections good. That's why most people treat Netplay ranks with a grain of salt on other PvP games

Dambrake
09-02-2017, 03:53 PM
yeah, and it only takes 1 parry to get an enemy out of stamina as it has been mentioned in another forum https://www.reddit.com/r/forhonor/comments/6c45q5/1_centurion_parry_is_enough_to_get_most/
The Cent actually reinforces the turtle meta because you REALLY don't wanna risk getting parried by him

Tyrjo
09-02-2017, 05:31 PM
yeah, and it only takes 1 parry to get an enemy out of stamina as it has been mentioned in another forum https://www.reddit.com/r/forhonor/comments/6c45q5/1_centurion_parry_is_enough_to_get_most/
The Cent actually reinforces the turtle meta because you REALLY don't wanna risk getting parried by him

Yep. It's damned if you do, damned if you don't.

Avirex_Idyll
09-03-2017, 05:56 AM
I think the thing that bothers me most with the cent is that he's listed as "Hard" and yet he is very easy to pick up and use effectively. You simply use one combo and you will win majority of the time. I challenge anyone to use any other character that is labeled "Hard" and only use one single combo. You will get stomped by the vast majority.