PDA

View Full Version : Joystick Question

mclager88
05-18-2004, 12:23 PM
Hey guys...I just got a new computer and my old stick doesn't work with it. I want to know if anyone here can recommend a good quality joystick. Thanks

mclager88
05-18-2004, 12:23 PM
Hey guys...I just got a new computer and my old stick doesn't work with it. I want to know if anyone here can recommend a good quality joystick. Thanks

tigerroach
05-18-2004, 03:17 PM
Hola Mclagar. If you do even a cursory browse through the IL2 forum you'll find tons of opinions on controllers. Since I am killing time at the moment, I'll summarize them (keep in mind this is my take on things, and I recommand a HOTAS so that is what these are):

Saitek x45 hotas: best bang for the buck, big following.

CH Products (usb fighterstick, pedals and throttle): one of the 2 top choices for the price-is-no-object simmers. No mods required, great support and software

Cougar Thrustmaster HOTAS: the other choice of the price-is-no-object crowd. Appeals more to the folks who don't mind tinkering. Looks ultra cool and also has highly regarded software/programmability. There have been support/reliability issues but these seem to have as loyal a following as the CH Products sticks.

For my part, I went the CH products route, have had mine for a couple months now and love it.

HTH