PDA

View Full Version : Connectivity

Tillo.
09-01-2017, 07:18 AM
Given that my previous thread was censored - I didn't bump anything there - and that our connection problems keep on going 8 months after release, I will create a new one.
Since February 14th and after doing every single troubleshooting Ubisoft's support has sent, me and most of the For Honor players experience long matchmaking queues, matchmaking errors sending us back to menu, desynch teleporting us back in time, game crashing when someone leaves or is kicked by the game without getting rewards nor statistics.

My question is, when will we be able to play uninterrupted like any normal game? We have spent at least $60, it's been 8 months and little to nothing has changed.

TSCDescon
09-01-2017, 07:27 AM
There are better games out there than For Honor. Don't waste your time waiting a year or maybe more, for this game to be completely fixed.

FrenchyFouQoui
09-01-2017, 07:36 AM
However for many of us that like this idea... How do we get the Ubisoft developers accept to what we say and understand that they ACTUALLY HAVE A PLATFORM THAT COULD WORK!?
Or even making plausibly balanced champions without HAVING TO PAY FOR THEIR BROKEN CHARACTERS.

TSCDescon
09-01-2017, 07:41 AM
However for many of us that like this idea... How do we get the Ubisoft developers accept to what we say and understand that they ACTUALLY HAVE A PLATFORM THAT COULD WORK!?
Or even making plausibly balanced champions without HAVING TO PAY FOR THEIR BROKEN CHARACTERS.

It has been 8 months since release and the game hasn't change at all. Connectivity is still a big issue, unbalance characters, exploits, glitches, and bugs. The list goes on.

Tillo.
09-03-2017, 08:30 AM
2 days ago still no answer.

RatedChaotic
09-03-2017, 10:22 AM
Given that my previous thread was censored - I didn't bump anything there - and that our connection problems keep on going 8 months after release, I will create a new one.
Since February 14th and after doing every single troubleshooting Ubisoft's support has sent, me and most of the For Honor players experience long matchmaking queues, matchmaking errors sending us back to menu, desynch teleporting us back in time, game crashing when someone leaves or is kicked by the game without getting rewards nor statistics.

My question is, when will we be able to play uninterrupted like any normal game? We have spent at least $60, it's been 8 months and little to nothing has changed.

I know right. I have yet to have a few normal uninterrupted games back to back since this games been out. Most people know I pve more than pvp here. Well its not just because I suck. Its mostly because I dont find it entertaining to wait 20mins in que for a match and then resynce 5 times when I get in just to disconnect a few mins later. Video games are supposed to be entertainment. Experiencing this multiple times in every other online match is not entertaining to me.

Oh and the delay spawning in duels or elimination matches. I've been thrown off a cliff by the invisible man so many times....Theres even times my son would kill his opponent before mine would popup on the screen. WTF is up with that. I have the best internet my provider offers. Cable 60mb Business from Spectrum/Time Warner. Its not my nat or my internet or my damn ports......Its your game. Using P2P and connecting to a host using basically dialup/wifi internet and while he is streaming will never work. Your doing more harm than good trying to get it to.

I cant wait til Forza get released I'll put this game up and try it again when changes actually happen.

Its hilarious that right now the only game I've played lately that has given me any issues like this is a game thats still in preview stage.

Tillo.
09-03-2017, 06:05 PM
That's why many people, including me, say that we are playing a beta game.
Little to nothing has changed since I have played closed and open beta. The truth is, that the game was way more stable back then than now.

DoctorMcBatman
09-03-2017, 08:41 PM
Dedicated servers are supposed to be coming in season 4. I'd guess and hope they solve most of the connection issues.

I think the game was more stable in the earlier days too, but memory is fickle.

Tillo.
09-03-2017, 11:01 PM
Oh yeah, Ubisoft said they would, like everything they have said in the past have been accomplished right?
They are so trusworthy...

Herbstlicht
09-03-2017, 11:41 PM
They are only very slow. The game is still amazing. And badly balanced. Crazy beautiful. With an nasty lot of bad netcode disconnects etc. So its still a love hate relationship and a rough ride, buts I continue to hang on.

Tillo.
09-04-2017, 06:54 PM
I entirely disagree with you.
8 months and the most important problem hasn't been fixed. That ain't slow, that's pathetic.

Wolf-Heathen
09-04-2017, 07:08 PM
It's really too late for this game. Back in Season 2 people where already nearing their wit's end with the game. They earned a lot of good will with their pre-season 3 road map, but then came Season 3 and with it next to none of the proposed improvements, coupled with the long list of bugs and exploits that remain untouched. All that good will squandered as just see more of the same promises to fix it next season.

On top of all that, a lot of big games are coming out in the fall which means even less of a reason to stick around. I think Ubisoft really missed their mark with Season 3. They needed to really demonstrate to the community that they have the ability to address core issues of the game on a timely manner. I just seems like they scramble to react to things they miss, but their players point out, then end up braked 2-3 new things trying to address it. They've really given off the impression that the lack the competence to fix this game anytime soon.

Tillo.
09-05-2017, 11:01 PM
We started talking about this since closed beta.
With a lot more emphasys since February 14th. What really pisses me off are all the run arounds we got from Ubisoft balming players net speed or configuration, avoiding the subject, censoring the forums...

Tillo.
09-08-2017, 12:46 PM
This ain't no bump, I am waiting for a response since my previous connectivity thread.
When will I be able to play this game uninterrupted (errors, crashes 90% of the time) like I do with the rest of my library?

I want to play without getting dc all the time or watching others getting dc and playing with bots or game crashing wasting my time due to not getting rewards after it.

Tillo.
09-13-2017, 06:34 PM
I'm replying to this thread wich last activity (and still waiting for an answer) was 5 days ago.
According to bump rule this is not a bump. Plus, I will be adding a new question: Ubisoft forum representatives have mentioned several times that steam charts are incorrect. The forum community have asked them to share the correct For Honor playerbase count and like almost everything we ask, you have ignored it.

1) When will we be able to play this game like any other one: eg. uninterrupted?
2) When will you share the correct For Honor playerbase count?

UbiNoty
09-14-2017, 12:17 AM
Hi, I'll bite.
Unfortunately I don't have answers for either of your questions. We released some numbers in a much earlier livestream, but who knows how that might have changed since then.

So with that out of the way. This is a gentle warning to not bump your thread again. While you are correct in that this is not a blantant and obvious 'bump', your intentions are pretty obvious. So I'm going to leave you with just a warning in the hopes that you will not continue to exploit the rules in this manner.

No Bumping (http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/907678-Forum-Rules?p=10142076&viewfull=1#post10142076): Making short posts made with the sole intention of keeping posts near the top of the forum is called “bumping”

Please heed my warning. If I continue to see similar posts by you with the clear intention of bumping, I will have no choice but to take it as you disregarding my words.

Tillo.
09-14-2017, 01:47 AM
Even pasting the rule here you still can't understand it. Great, now I understand why I have been harrassed.
So, once again Ubisoft has lied to the community. First by saying something that it is not true, then claiming that steam is incorrect yet no correct info given. Good way to prove your point.

To sum up, even after losing 95% of your playerbase you keep lying, being vague and harrassing what was left of it. Keep it up, go bankrupt so you don't poison future titles like you've done to For Error. Thank you.

UbiNoty
09-14-2017, 02:00 AM
Even pasting the rule here you still can't understand it. Great, now I understand why I have been harrassed.
So, once again Ubisoft has lied to the community. First by saying something that it is not true, then claiming that steam is incorrect yet no correct info given. Good way to prove your point.

To sum up, even after losing 95% of your playerbase you keep lying, being vague and harrassing what was left of it. Keep it up, go bankrupt so you don't poison future titles like you've done to For Error. Thank you.

I have been exceedingly considerate of your unfortunate circumstances, so much so that I have mostly left you alone despite the fact that you have broken numerous forum rules via bumping, trolling (see: causing a disturbance (http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/907678-Forum-Rules?p=10142071&viewfull=1#post10142071)), hijacking other people's threads to promote your own agenda, and behavior that in most people's eyes would constitute as flaming.

So on that note, I will be closing this thread.