PDA

View Full Version : Tournament Beta

Koncrissant
09-01-2017, 07:02 AM
I played 1min and i fell like givin it up!
Pk Supersonic ZoneAttack Light Feint spam!
Did not play FH for few days after a Minute of Playtime after few days it makes me just Laugh Out How Ridicolous UnBalanced this Game is!

AC FarCry Whatever The **** may Come!
You aint get No Money From Me Ever Again!

That_guy44
09-01-2017, 07:06 AM
You only did one match?

Koncrissant
09-01-2017, 07:08 AM
Far as i know you get random Loot too?
So a PK SpamKiller just can Loot for every character hes plays just with PK!
Zoneattack Light heavy Feint Light ZoneAttack Out of stamina back dash back dash back dash back dash Stamina recoverd And Same from the beginning!
Good Fight

Koncrissant
09-01-2017, 07:10 AM
I tried to play! Just!
But like how the Facts of Unbalance are Right Now i Rather decide to Quit the Crap ******** NoSkill Require to Kill the Joy in playing any Tournament!

Koncrissant
09-01-2017, 07:11 AM
U N R E A C T A B L E
Bull S H I T

TSCDescon
09-01-2017, 07:30 AM
There are better games out there than For Honor. Don't waste your time waiting a year or maybe more, for this game to be completely fixed.

Xaviloga
09-01-2017, 07:42 AM
Tournament/ranked mode will kick out many of the casual players on consoles. It ll lower the game player base drastically. Sad, they could add some other fun game modes, instead they added a mode that will kill the game. Its just an opinion. My opinion. But i really think that it will hurt the game more than any other thing.

TSCDescon
09-01-2017, 07:45 AM
Tournament/ranked mode will kick out many of the casual players on consoles. It ll lower the game player base drastically. Sad, they could add some other fun game modes, instead they added a mode that will kill the game. Its just an opinion. My opinion. But i really think that it will hurt the game more than any other thing.

Not just the tournament/rank mode, but the game itself. Connectivity issues and unbalance characters, the list goes on.

matt89connor
09-01-2017, 07:46 AM
has no sense the rank without meta changes

TSCDescon
09-01-2017, 07:50 AM
has no sense the rank without meta changes

The meta changes won't come until Season 4. Why? Once all the DLC characters are here, the devs can finally fix the meta. That's my speculation and it seems to be accurate.

JK2Dealer
09-01-2017, 08:13 AM
I have a complete different opinion to the Duel Tournament Beta. (PC)
I had a blast yesterday! I had sweating hands during all my battles since finally it makes sense to win. Not because oft he rewards but more cause the effort you put into a tournament ��

But the reason might be, that I dont care about the rewards. And I don't care if I win. I Just want some competitive rounds and fun!

I agree. The waiting time is pretty long between the matches.

To compensate the waiting time It would be cool to have a big map, like in deathmatch, where every member of a group fight at the same time but in a safety Bubble which noone can enter.
When you are done with your fight you can check the other duels. I would love such a feature. But since the connectivity issues are still present I doubt it will happen.

Here the final words!

Thanks alot for this mode Ubisoft. Hopefully you will improve it a Bit to make the waiting time between the matches more satisfying!!!

kweassa1
09-01-2017, 08:20 AM

...and why the royal heck would a non-mandatory, CHOICE of a game mode drive out people, when those who don't like it simply don't have to play it?

Charmzzz
09-01-2017, 08:24 AM
I'm with you Whirrun-v.-Blei ! My 2 tournaments yesterday were awesome! There was only one "unloch tech" user I had to face (lost 3:2, but won the tournament in the end). Gosh I had such intense fights like never before.

bmason1000
09-01-2017, 08:28 AM
...and why the royal heck would a non-mandatory, CHOICE of a game mode drive out people, when those who don't like it simply don't have to play it? yeah i don't understand that either.

Tyler-Durdin
09-01-2017, 08:31 AM
What other CHOICE do they have every game mode is a complete sh!tfest.
#1 Playing with the same 3 people day in day out Vs Ai,
#2 wasting an entire day waiting for a PVP game or
#3 Uninstall the game and let to the wannabe pro players gank the hell out of one another.
Tournament mode has taught me only 1 thing NEVER PLAY IT AGAIN.
If I want to get rekt by Shogoki I can do it in any game mode and get rewarded for my character used rather getting rekt by Shogoki 4 times and get a random reward for a character I don't use.

bmason1000
09-01-2017, 08:33 AM
What other CHOICE do they have every game mode is a complete sh!tfest.
#1 Playing with the same 3 people day in day out Vs Ai,
#2 wasting an entire day waiting for a PVP game or
#3 Uninstall the game and let to the wannabe pro players gank the hell out of one another.
Tournament mode has taught me only 1 thing NEVER PLAY IT AGAIN.
If I want to get rekt by Shogoki I can do it in any game mode and get rewarded for my character used rather getting rekt by Shogoki 4 times and get a random reward for a character I don't use.
So you would choose to play a different game mode.

Tyler-Durdin
09-01-2017, 08:40 AM
I play other game modes specifically player VS ai not because of choice but because there seems to only be 3 other people in my WHOLE REGION that even plays the game at all anymore.
And even this attempt to enjoy some good gameplay is wearing thin.It wont be long until I hang up my sword/axes/spears and say farewell to For Honor
and any upcoming release from a company that literally gives no FXX about the people they provide services to.

bmason1000
09-01-2017, 08:49 AM
I still don't understand how any of that correlates to ranked tournaments making people stop playing. I understands you have issues with the game as a whole and that's pushing you away, but lets pretend for a second. Say I'm a player who enjoys for honor very much. I live in a popular region, my connection is always stable, but i really dislike tournament mode. Why would that make me stop playing FH?

matt89connor
09-01-2017, 08:51 AM
The meta changes won't come until Season 4. Why? Once all the DLC characters are here, the devs can finally fix the meta. That's my speculation and it seems to be accurate.

is accurate, but that's tattics of Dev has no sense, because you can easy nerf or buff heroes after meta , but with no new meta youh ave to change 2 times the heroes, before, and after meta because the game mech will radically change after the meta, and in this day when we wait , many will leave as they leave mounths ago

Xaviloga
09-01-2017, 08:53 AM
...and why the royal heck would a non-mandatory, CHOICE of a game mode drive out people, when those who don't like it simply don't have to play it?

Because the mode is a slap in the face that tell you how bad you are. And casual console players dont like things like that. Most of them. And dont really cares if there are other game modes once this fact become a true you cant avoid.

Charmzzz
09-01-2017, 08:59 AM
Because the mode is a slap in the face that tell you how bad you are. And casual console players dont like things like that. Most of them. And dont really cares if there are other game modes once this fact become a true you cant avoid.

Ahaha, so much this. That is what I read in all the "tournament is shiet" posts and comments. Salty people who got kicked by better players: Must be the game-mode! ;)

Dude_of_Valor
09-01-2017, 09:25 AM
Played 7 ranked matches yesterday and it was great fun but tough. Managed to get to the quarters twice, semi's twice and final once. Gutted I could not win the final though!

I have to real issues though. One is getting kicked from a quarter final when being matched up. This is indeed Cr@p.

Two is that the rewards and steel you get for playing Ranked is extremely poor. It really does need better rewards and more steel.

Overall this game mode is not for everyone, and you really have to expect people to use any and all moves to win. Stay sharp and have fun out there.

Lyskir
09-01-2017, 01:28 PM
I suck and i got Platinum 1 LUL

CandleInTheDark
09-01-2017, 01:40 PM
Not played yet as I am grinding rep levels before doing anything shiny and new like gladiator and tournaments but from the comments here and from streams there seem to be four main things.

Wait time between matches: I think Ubisoft could do with either making a spectate mode (useful for scouting future opponents), letting players do ai matches they can be pulled out of without affecting anyone else or when their training mode has been improved allowing access to that in the offtime.

XP and rewards: They said on the Den yesterday that xp is balanced so that it is a matter of roughly xp over time as opposed to per game mode. Now the longest dominion is 20 minutes, the tournament warns you that you are committing to 35 minutes to an hour. In my opinion, xp should not be given for individual duels but at the end when other rewards are given out and that everyone,regardless how far they got if they have to stick around until the end, should have at least two or three times the dominion xp, other options on top of this are to have more xp for placing better and to share it on a ratio towards which characters you used (used your conqueror one match and your berserker two before being knocked outof the group? Conqueror gets one third xp, berserker two thirds, rest shared out between any other characters). They also need to work in a way where unlocked rewards like ornaments and paint patterns are relevant to the player, the game knows where you have your rep levels and what characters you have used in the tournament,one or both of these should be what weights what character you get the rewards from.

Connection: Yeah it is bad that people are getting dropped out of matches.Just remember though that they wanted to get the router bug fixed first but here and on reddit people have gone on and on and on about not having ranked yet, they have done the best they can to mitigate that by not allowing red nat to join but any connection issues routers would have fixed is on those who could not be patient.

Ban x character: It worked in MLG but I really doubt it is going to work here, the only character ubisoft banned is the raider after they introduced a bug into him that they needed to hotfix. Ubisoft have their win/loss balancing and unless something really does get skewed it is a case of learn to deal with it.

Koncrissant
09-01-2017, 02:54 PM
Ahaha, so much this. That is what I read in all the "tournament is shiet" posts and comments. Salty people who got kicked by better players: Must be the game-mode! ;)

Better Players?
PK is Unreactable that dosnt make the player better!

Charmzzz
09-01-2017, 03:05 PM
Better Players?
PK is Unreactable that dosnt make the player better!

This myth... "Unreactable", huh? How can anything else than PK win any tournament if that would be true? And that PK does not win all tournaments is a fact.

I'm playing on PC -> I can constantly block other PK's Lights and Zone, just like I do vs Top Light Warden / LB / Orochi and Warden / Orochi Zone.

If you are playing on Console, it is still not unreactable. You may check your setup:
- You play on a TV? Has it game mode? If not -> you are screwed because your TV gives you 100-150ms+ input lag
- You play over WiFi? Gives you 10-50ms+ input lag
- You play with a wireless Controller? Gives you another 10-50ms+ input lag

This all adds up to a PK Light (or Warden Top Light or Orochi Top Light or Lawbringer Top Light - the list goes on) becoming "unreactable" for you. That is sad, but that is how the developers decided PK should be, because if you make her Lights / Zone too easy to block / parry, she has literally nothing else to initiate a fight without risking complete failure. PK has to be fast. And I promise, I can react to those Lights.

Edit: Whenever I play my Warden I feel that other PK's really rely on Zone and Lights. But I simply put my Guard on my Right (PK Zone always comes from their left) -> bam, Zone denied. They can only attack me from Top or Left now, but those Attacks are not too hard to block (for me).

RatedChaotic
09-01-2017, 03:28 PM
This myth... "Unreactable", huh? How can anything else than PK win any tournament if that would be true? And that PK does not win all tournaments is a fact.

I'm playing on PC -> I can constantly block other PK's Lights and Zone, just like I do vs Top Light Warden / LB / Orochi and Warden / Orochi Zone.

If you are playing on Console, it is still not unreactable. You may check your setup:
- You play on a TV? Has it game mode? If not -> you are screwed because your TV gives you 100-150ms+ input lag
- You play over WiFi? Gives you 10-50ms+ input lag
- You play with a wireless Controller? Gives you another 10-50ms+ input lag

This all adds up to a PK Light (or Warden Top Light or Orochi Top Light or Lawbringer Top Light - the list goes on) becoming "unreactable" for you. That is sad, but that is how the developers decided PK should be, because if you make her Lights / Zone too easy to block / parry, she has literally nothing else to initiate a fight without risking complete failure. PK has to be fast. And I promise, I can react to those Lights.

Edit: Whenever I play my Warden I feel that other PK's really rely on Zone and Lights. But I simply put my Guard on my Right (PK Zone always comes from their left) -> bam, Zone denied. They can only attack me from Top or Left now, but those Attacks are not too hard to block (for me).

This is all correct.

Playing everything wired and with the shortest wires possible and in gamemode is definitely better than playing wireless. I'm setup this way....

I still get pissed at times by light spammers on console. But not reactable ....I dont agree with that at all. I suck at this game and I can react to most of it thrown at me.

Doing my setup differently, getting an elite controller, and adjusting the crap out of it. My frustrations with light spammers went down. While my unlock tech frustrations rised.

Koncrissant
09-01-2017, 04:41 PM
I guess on pc this game is alot different
Fact is aslong there are characters who can abuse of overpowered ridicolous hits like pk ZA cancel
This game isnt fun