PDA

View Full Version : The toe stab... From a Gladiator main...

AnEnticingSquid
09-01-2017, 05:19 AM
In my opinion, it is the most useful attack in the game. Lets take a tally of its pro's and cons shall we?:

-Very fast
-unblockable
-Unparryable
-decent tracking
-can be used off of any combo
-can also be used from neutral
-can stun someone mid swing
-knock down on oos
-low stamina cost
-Very useful for ganking (as long as the opponent isn't in recovery frames, they will get stunlocked meaning they can't block any of your allies atracks)
-can stop someone from using revenge (they can't use it if you stab them right as they get it)

And now for the cons:
-free gb on successful block*

I think it is just a little op. I have begun to use it after just about every attack... When I run into someone who actually dodges it, my physical body gets stunlocked... It's just engrained into my mind that most people are going to eat it every time. I don't think it should be eliminated, or even slowed down, but I think if you use it on someone who has already started attacking, it should not stun them. I can catch Orochi's storm rush right out of thin air. I can stop cents kick on reaction... I know for a fact I trigger more people than Donald Trump when I use it because after the 10th time I stab their little feeties, who wouldn't be? And I have finished oh so many fights with a light =》toe stab... I just think it may be a little too useful. Even though I am stabbing myself in the foot this time...

brashtralas
09-01-2017, 05:25 AM
"My physical body gets stunlocked"

Best thing I've read in a bit. Haha

Solid feedback, too.

RiceComboA
09-01-2017, 05:28 AM
Are you just trolling about the "con"?

AnEnticingSquid
09-01-2017, 05:30 AM
Are you just trolling about the "con"?

I meant to say dodge... I just suck at multitasking...

Mia.Nora
09-01-2017, 05:51 AM
-decent tracking

I agree with other things, but this one doesn't make sense at all??

It only works in point blank range, I know because today a Gladiator failed to land it to me as a Nobushi from the range where I can light him.
And any dodge, regardless of timing and regardless of direction of dodge, beats it and gives free GB.

That_guy44
09-01-2017, 06:41 AM
I get so pissed when I get hit with that. He throw it out any time he wants.

AnEnticingSquid
09-01-2017, 03:20 PM
I agree with other things, but this one doesn't make sense at all??

It only works in point blank range, I know because today a Gladiator failed to land it to me as a Nobushi from the range where I can light him.
And any dodge, regardless of timing and regardless of direction of dodge, beats it and gives free GB.

If some one anticipates you toe stabbing, and they dodge right as you do the animation, you will catch them mid dodge. Even if they dodge back which looks really stupid, but works.

SenBotsu893
09-01-2017, 10:30 PM
i still think an ublockable damage dealing attack should be at least be parrieable.

the toe stab can be done so freqently that it ads up to a lot of damage.
just imagine raiders unblockable to be unparrieable what a nightmare.

S0Mi_xD
09-01-2017, 11:15 PM
In my opinion, it is the most useful attack in the game. Lets take a tally of its pro's and cons shall we?:

-Very fast
-unblockable
-Unparryable
-decent tracking
-can be used off of any combo
-can also be used from neutral
-can stun someone mid swing
-knock down on oos
-low stamina cost
-Very useful for ganking (as long as the opponent isn't in recovery frames, they will get stunlocked meaning they can't block any of your allies atracks)
-can stop someone from using revenge (they can't use it if you stab them right as they get it)

And now for the cons:
-free gb on successful block*

I think it is just a little op. I have begun to use it after just about every attack... When I run into someone who actually dodges it, my physical body gets stunlocked... It's just engrained into my mind that most people are going to eat it every time. I don't think it should be eliminated, or even slowed down, but I think if you use it on someone who has already started attacking, it should not stun them. I can catch Orochi's storm rush right out of thin air. I can stop cents kick on reaction... I know for a fact I trigger more people than Donald Trump when I use it because after the 10th time I stab their little feeties, who wouldn't be? And I have finished oh so many fights with a light =》toe stab... I just think it may be a little too useful. Even though I am stabbing myself in the foot this time...

actually you can punish it with a GB if you dodge it, and dodging it isn't that hard.
Also it is only dangerous if you are OOS,
I think a heavy is abit much out of such an easy OOS punish, a light would be enough, but from the other side, it isn't that easy to deal dmg with Glad

UbiJurassic
09-01-2017, 11:41 PM
We definitely have seen and let the team know the feedback we've been hearing about the toestab. The new heroes have been out for just a bit over two weeks, so we may have some balance changes coming to gladiator in an update in the near future.