PDA

View Full Version : Tournament is a borefest waste of time

Mia.Nora
09-01-2017, 05:04 AM
Here is the problem with tournament. Compared to Duel it is demanding WAAAAY more time. And it also requires you to commit to much longer play session.

Amount of time you wait to find a tournament, then amount of time you wait in between matches, and to top it off there are so many extra mandatory menu animations to go through.

If what it gave as gameplay experience was unique in a way to justify that I would be (maybe) ok with extra time and long time commitment requirement. But practically what I get out of Tournament is a few duels. There is absolutely nothing superior to gameplay experience of duels in tournament mode. Heck I don't even know who the hell the other people are until I face them in a duel, so even the hype of pondering who will beat who and whom you gonna face is absent.

For all the extra love it demands, it doesn't even pay it back with XP and steel. I get much less XP and Steel in the same time compared to anything else I could have done in the game, including just regular duels. Rewards are silly in their randomness so they also don't make me want to play for them.

Can't we have good old regular Ranked Duels instead? Injustice2 has way more active players than FH and even they don't stray from proven effective 1v1 Ranked system. On the topic of ranked, the skill of enemies I played varied extremely wide, from total newbie with rep 5- who spams heavies and dodge attacks to feint god Kenseis with rep 70+. Isn't it supposed to be strict skill only?

Tyler-Durdin
09-01-2017, 07:07 AM
Another FAILURE at an attempt to prop up in game player numbers.
Another GAME MODE that can make you wait the best part of a day just to get a game.
Lack of any incentive to play (extra steel/xp)
I want to love the game but as it stands now lack of any population in game prevents me from actually being able to participate in any form of PVP (even getting a player Vs Ai is somewhat difficult) so your so called new game mode has nothing to offer me.
I have however watched some tournament gameplay AND what I saw was what I imagine 2 chimpanzees having epileptic seizures would look like.
Unlock the regions, let everyone who still plays this game to actually get into a game , until you fix the fundamental issues you have with your game players will stay away in droves and will be unlikely to ever comeback.

TSCDescon
09-01-2017, 07:36 AM
Out of all the fighting games I have played, For Honor has the worst issues ever since its launched day.
"Go and play Tekken." Yes, I will. Anything to keep me away from this garbage they call a "game".

matt89connor
09-01-2017, 07:44 AM
they should put meta changes before start with rank...

TSCDescon
09-01-2017, 07:47 AM
they should put meta changes before start with rank...

They're not until season 4 it seems because new heroes. I hope you have fun waiting 2-3 more months.

Charmzzz
09-01-2017, 09:33 AM
So here is where all the "complainers" meet. I had a blast yesterday in my 2 tournaments.

- Waiting time, well, the game EVEN WARNS YOU before about it!
- Such intense fights! Only had 1 guy using unlock tech, the others were all good, "normal" players (except maybe a Warden who turtled - but he still lost)
- Rewards, ok, I got the Raider ornament for winning a tournament on PK... That should be changed.
- All my enemies were pretty much in my skill bracket as far as I can analyze that. When I 3:0ed someone it was mostly close rounds.

But I guess you all got your as*es kicked in the qualifier rounds, right?

Is that you Mia?
https://fhtracker.com/profile/pc/Mia.Nora/heroes

And that, is that your Account Tyler-Durdin (btw it is Tyler DurdEn)?
https://fhtracker.com/profile/pc/Tyler-Durdin/heroes

Can't find TSCDescon sadly. But 2/3 people completely raging about the game and tournament mode in this forum, over several threads, are just bad at the game overall. I know it sounds harsh, but go train vs Level 3 Bots and come back to PVP when you got better. Both of you even play on PC, so no "30 FPS" mimimi is legit. ;)

Tyler-Durdin
09-01-2017, 11:03 AM
FYI I only have 16hrs playing PVP so before you go off on how bad you believe I am at this game let me share reasons as to why those stats mean absolutely nothing .
#1 I cannot get ANY games in any mode PVP for about 4 months straight due to lack of any players in my region.
#2 Because of the above reason I ONLY play solo dominion Vs Ai so any PVP stats are irrelivant.
Now if you EVEN read my post I did mention I have not played tournament mode BUT I have watched some streams and videos on youtube and base my OPINIONS on those not playing it myself
I have now played a tourney but my initial opinions stand.
Now just because you had a great time in your tourney doesn't mean others will I faced up against 4 shogoki who from what I saw ONLY used unlock tech. Only know this from a video I watched previously. This spelt doom for me as my limited PVP experience I have not come across this tactic and I had zero idea as how I should deal with a foe who for all intents and purposes was outright cheating.
NOW as for how I choose to spell my Account name I CAN SPELL TYLER DURDIN HOWEVER I CHOOSE TO and its not up to you to correct how I spell it.
After viewing your link it actually tells you I only have 16hrs in PVP perhaps you should have reviewed the stats for your self would have saved me the time to explain it to you.

Charmzzz
09-01-2017, 11:55 AM
It gets even better now. So you complain about a new game mode because it drives people away from Player vs AI? Can you explain why? The people who go into tournaments are mostly PVP duelists, at least that is what I see there and what makes sense. So in no way it drives people away from your game modes.

Sad that you cannot get into PVP games in your region, but I think it would not fix your core problem when they unlock the regions. You would have high ping times (and 100ms+ in Shooters and Fighting Games is not consistently playable) and alot of dropped games. Even Servers won't fix the problem if you are in a region where only a few people play the game.

You base your opinion on streams and youtube? Did I get that correctly? You saw extreme examples that I did not experience most of the time. So here is my personal reference vs your external input agrumentation (and youtube videos probably only show the worst matches...).

Tyler-Durdin
09-01-2017, 12:02 PM
Don't know what your getting at mate I never said anywere the tournament game mode was driving people away from Player Vs Ai or any other game mode I SOLO PLAY meaning I play alone with Bots Vs Bots.
how you got this out of what I typed is beyond my understanding.
I'm actually starting to believe your adding things in on purpose as to antagonize me into some kind of rash action and as such am going to just outright ignore anything you respond to from this onset.

Charmzzz
09-01-2017, 12:18 PM
Oh, I got you wrong then, your complaints seem to focus on "another game mode that has nothing to offer you and drives people away from PvAI". That's what I read between the lines, sorry for my misunderstanding.

So, why are you even ranting here? You play PvAI cause lack of players in your region. That's sad as I said. What can UBI do for you? Remove region lock? Look at my statement above on that...

You can ignore me, I have 0 issues with that. But you should, imho, not complain in a Tournament related topic about your specific, region based problem.

Netcode_err_404
09-01-2017, 12:30 PM
So here is where all the "complainers" meet. I had a blast yesterday in my 2 tournaments.

- Waiting time, well, the game EVEN WARNS YOU before about it!
- Such intense fights! Only had 1 guy using unlock tech, the others were all good, "normal" players (except maybe a Warden who turtled - but he still lost)
- Rewards, ok, I got the Raider ornament for winning a tournament on PK... That should be changed.
- All my enemies were pretty much in my skill bracket as far as I can analyze that. When I 3:0ed someone it was mostly close rounds.

But I guess you all got your as*es kicked in the qualifier rounds, right?

Is that you Mia?
https://fhtracker.com/profile/pc/Mia.Nora/heroes

And that, is that your Account Tyler-Durdin (btw it is Tyler DurdEn)?
https://fhtracker.com/profile/pc/Tyler-Durdin/heroes

Can't find TSCDescon sadly. But 2/3 people completely raging about the game and tournament mode in this forum, over several threads, are just bad at the game overall. I know it sounds harsh, but go train vs Level 3 Bots and come back to PVP when you got better. Both of you even play on PC, so no "30 FPS" mimimi is legit. ;)

LEt me guess

1) Light > light
2) Left heavy feinted into zone canceled > light
3) Heavy feinted into light into zone canceled

If you won that ranked like that, you are my new pk god.

JK2Dealer
09-01-2017, 12:35 PM
I had a blast too.
And I didn't even win a tourney. Just reached half finals ;)

I also got oponents which used cheesy moves.
I also got Turtles.
I even used a berserker which is probably the one of the worst char for tourneys.

But who cares....the fight where extremley intense. And that is what I play this game for.

I don't care about xp
I don't care about rewards.
I don't care about win or loss.

But I care about Fun. And that is what i got!

Tyler-Durdin
09-01-2017, 12:43 PM
I played a tourney got rekt by 4 unlock tech shogoki and with my limited pvp had no course of action that didn't result in my demise
As to my complaint let me revise , Should they have released a beta phase for tournaments before fixing initial problems that have been around since release of the game? NO I believe they should not have. Should the rewards for playing tournaments reflect what character is used ? YES absolutely
Now onto Region lock/unlock . I play many games on north American severs ( I reside in Australia ) shooters and fighting games without so much as a hiccup in actual gameplay or time to react , something that even if not practical from a competitive standpoint can still enjoy some thrilling gameplay.I believe that competitive play can still be had without having to lock off the rest of the world as many other game titles from other companies have done with good results.
Now as to what UBI can do for me. Well for a start they can go back to the practice of making games that are finished, working and tested before releasing them like they did in the glory days of gaming not this half baked unfinished,unpoilished force it out the door and fix it after we take everyones hard earned. That would be nice

Netcode_err_404
09-01-2017, 12:47 PM
I played a tourney got rekt by 4 unlock tech shogoki and with my limited pvp had no course of action that didn't result in my demise
As to my complaint let me revise , Should they have released a beta phase for tournaments before fixing initial problems that have been around since release of the game? NO I believe they should not have. Should the rewards for playing tournaments reflect what character is used ? YES absolutely
Now onto Region lock/unlock . I play many games on north American severs ( I reside in Australia ) shooters and fighting games without so much as a hiccup in actual gameplay or time to react , something that even if not practical from a competitive standpoint can still enjoy some thrilling gameplay.I believe that competitive play can still be had without having to lock off the rest of the world as many other game titles from other companies have done with good results.
Now as to what UBI can do for me. Well for a start they can go back to the practice of making games that are finished, working and tested before releasing them like they did in the glory days of gaming not this half baked unfinished,unpoilished force it out the door and fix it after we take everyones hard earned. That would be nice

WHo cares, some drones defend them no matter what BS they release. IMHO ubisoft is right on realising broken stuff, as long as people is stupid enough to defend them.

Charmzzz
09-01-2017, 12:59 PM
LEt me guess

1) Light > light
2) Left heavy feinted into zone canceled > light
3) Heavy feinted into light into zone canceled

If you won that ranked like that, you are my new pk god.

Ah Lord Micidial. Have met you in Dominion several times, using Shove-Spam over and over. But whatever, I go ahead on your "arguments":

I never stop after Light - Light. My "usual" comboes are Light - Light - Heavy Feint - wait if opponent goes for the parry or GB or let Heavy go after a few feinted ones. Then I do the Light - Heavy with the same options. When opponent reacts to my feinted heavy I go for a Deflect or Parry, depending on my opponent (like NO Deflect on superarmor zerkers or NO parry on Lawbringer).
I go for Heavy feint into Zone, or Heavy feint into Heavy, or Heavy soft feint into GB. I use Dodge Attacks on UB melee spam moves (like your shove spam). When facing an Orochi or Warden I block their Zone Attack side and prepare to Deflect their Top Light when walking towards them.

So I use the WHOLE PK Kit if I can. Sometimes it comes down to alot of Light and Zone spam, yes, but that's what I do exclusively to people who "abuse" mechanics like unlock tech, Shinobi "never come close" tactics or Raider Stampede into UB Zone spam...

Netcode_err_404
09-01-2017, 01:03 PM
Ah Lord Micidial. Have met you in Dominion several times, using Shove-Spam over and over. But whatever, I go ahead on your "arguments":

I never stop after Light - Light. My "usual" comboes are Light - Light - Heavy Feint - wait if opponent goes for the parry or GB or let Heavy go after a few feinted ones. Then I do the Light - Heavy with the same options. When opponent reacts to my feinted heavy I go for a Deflect or Parry, depending on my opponent (like NO Deflect on superarmor zerkers or NO parry on Lawbringer).
I go for Heavy feint into Zone, or Heavy feint into Heavy, or Heavy soft feint into GB. I use Dodge Attacks on UB melee spam moves (like your shove spam). When facing an Orochi or Warden I block their Zone Attack side and prepare to Deflect their Top Light when walking towards them.

So I use the WHOLE PK Kit if I can. Sometimes it comes down to alot of Light and Zone spam, yes, but that's what I do exclusively to people who "abuse" mechanics like unlock tech, Shinobi "never come close" tactics or Raider Stampede into UB Zone spam...

Too many buttons. :(

And well,since you claimed you saw me shove spamming, tell me, did it work ? Because every time I attempt a shove from dodge, it gets dodged 90% of the times. sadly.

Charmzzz
09-01-2017, 01:06 PM
Too many buttons. :(

And well,since you claimed you saw me shove spamming, tell me, did it work ? Because every time I attempt a shove from dodge, it gets dodged 90% of the times. sadly.

Yeah kinda, when I faced you you were the best example of a turtle. Occasional Top Light, wait for Block into Shove into Light / GB. Long time no see, can't remember if you also did the unlock, run out of sight and charge in in group fights that ALOT of Lawbringers do.

Netcode_err_404
09-01-2017, 01:09 PM
Yeah kinda, when I faced you you were the best example of a turtle. Occasional Top Light, wait for Block into Shove into Light / GB. Long time no see, can't remember if you also did the unlock, run out of sight and charge in in group fights that ALOT of Lawbringers do.

I just remember when i faced you with my lvl 12 conqueror. Good old memories.

Turtle god mode enabled.

Charmzzz
09-01-2017, 01:15 PM
I just remember when i faced you with my lvl 12 conqueror. Good old memories.

Turtle god mode enabled.

Oh really? I can't remember that Conq Duel sadly. Conqs are pretty much food for PK, but Lawbringers are a pain for us. :)

Sir.Tegyr
09-01-2017, 04:37 PM
I enjoy the tourney mode. I got my *** handed to me a lot, but that was to be expected as I play too much dominion. Curious to see how the MM performs after my first 20 battles.