PDA

View Full Version : Ranked Rewards

Helnekromancer
09-01-2017, 02:45 AM
Managed to get my Nobushi to the Finals, and lose 2-3 to a turtling shugoki and my reward is a color pallete for kensei? Can rewards correlate with the fighter you played the most with? Grinding tournaments for specific things for mains is really going to stress me out. It's bad enough playing nobushi in this mode is almost a death wish atleast make the rewards not random.

Tundra 793
09-01-2017, 02:48 AM
I read a couple of posts over on the Competitive Reddit, and apparently even the ornaments are rewarded randomly, not by which hero you won with, or even heroes you have more rep levels in.

I think that's ********. I've only ever mained 2 heroes, Berserker and Highlander, and the odds are clearly stacked way the hell against me of ever seeing a tournament reward for either of them if they're awarded randomly across the whole damn roster.

Helnekromancer
09-01-2017, 02:56 AM
I read a couple of posts over on the Competitive Reddit, and apparently even the ornaments are rewarded randomly, not by which hero you won with, or even heroes you have more rep levels in.

I think that's ********. I've only ever mained 2 heroes, Berserker and Highlander, and the odds are clearly stacked way the hell against me of ever seeing a tournament reward for either of them if they're awarded randomly across the whole damn roster.

Really? That's ***. What's the point of playing this then? You might as well pick the most broken character and grind out tournaments. But that just defeats the purpose of a tourney. You're just treating the mode as a mini game for random prizes then a test of skill.

UbiNoty
09-01-2017, 03:01 AM
The ranked rewards have definitely been brought up and passed along to the team. We know it's not what many of you'd like to see, so we'll discuss it.

Tundra 793
09-01-2017, 03:05 AM
The ranked rewards have definitely been brought up and passed along to the team. We know it's not what many of you'd like to see, so we'll discuss it.

Rather than hearing you discuss it, I'd love to hear you justify why the most coveted rewards are randomized? With my 2 mains, even if I won a tournament, I'll most likely have zero rewards to show for the effort.

XJadeDragoonX
09-01-2017, 03:26 AM
Wait so if I win with my Berserker I'm not guaranteed the Berserker ornament?

Vakris_One
09-01-2017, 03:27 AM
Rather than hearing you discuss it, I'd love to hear you justify why the most coveted rewards are randomized? With my 2 mains, even if I won a tournament, I'll most likely have zero rewards to show for the effort.
Yeah, I must admit I'm scratching my head as to the logic behind making the rewards completely RNG based.

Isn't the whole point to be able to show off that you've won a tournament with your favourite character? Like if I see another player's character wearing the tournament exclusive emblems or ornament I'll know they're pretty good with that character. Or if I see a Kensei or a Conqueror or any of the other bottom tier left behind heroes with a tournament ornament I'll have huge amounts of respect for that player being able to win a tournament with a horribly crippled hero.

As it is now it just means most people will switch to one of the easy cheesy heroes and grind out tournaments with all the unlock exploits they can muster until it gives them the emblem/ornament/colour pallette for their mains.

Vakris_One
09-01-2017, 03:29 AM
Nope. The rewards are random.

bmason1000
09-01-2017, 03:36 AM
Yep. On my 7th tournament as berserker, semi finals or finals in every one of them, no berserker rewards yet.

XJadeDragoonX
09-01-2017, 08:29 AM
We should be able to at least choose from the available rewards. Some people may be unable to be victorious with the character they want the extra rewards for. But having it be random is too eronious. No point in winning if you'll get something you don't want

Charmzzz
09-01-2017, 09:20 AM
Got the Raider ornament yesterday after winning a tournament. Well, uhm, I don't play Raider. Is it random to encourage Account selling on Ebay or what? ^^

SenBotsu893
09-01-2017, 01:58 PM
the reason behind random reward is simply to keep people playing the mode. if youd win your desired reward with your first play you are unlikly to continoue playing tournament. simple as that

Charmzzz
09-01-2017, 02:02 PM
the reason behind random reward is simply to keep people playing the mode. if youd win your desired reward with your first play you are unlikly to continoue playing tournament. simple as that

Uhm, no? Ranked modes with Skill-Tiers and Rewards for reaching those tiers before the end of a season is what motivates people to play Ranked.

SenBotsu893
09-01-2017, 04:21 PM
Uhm, no? Ranked modes with Skill-Tiers and Rewards for reaching those tiers before the end of a season is what motivates people to play Ranked.

now you just said it yourself. Rewards.
once you got your desired Reward the insentive to play further is gone. thats why the random reward. so you have to keep on playing till you finally get the desired item

XJadeDragoonX
09-01-2017, 05:39 PM
The issue with that is you may NEVER get the reward you want. That inherently bad. Not only that, it's not like it's a reward for placing a certain tier. It's for winning the entire tournament. That's difficult for most people.

Lyskir
09-01-2017, 05:41 PM
got the raider ornament yesterday after winning a tournament. Well, uhm, i don't play raider. Is it random to encourage account selling on ebay or what? ^^

gimme :<

GMG Peter
09-01-2017, 08:17 PM
Yeah tournament rewards are the biggest joke of this game, i am getting rewards mostly for chars i dont even have unlocked!!! no reward for my main ever. Ubi fuc*** up again with all the glory