PDA

View Full Version : Tournament mode - anti cheat?

Kliftheone
09-01-2017, 02:13 AM
Hi and hello!

So I`ve tried a new feature tournament mode and thus far I have yet to encounter an opponent which does not have flashing red/yellow/red latency bars. Now, this may all be a councidens, but, I have played this game enough to know that most players I encounter don`t have those unstable connections, and, then my I, of course, jump to conclusions which now are that a lot of people are "lag switching" in order to improve their rewards and ranking.

I am able to read and can see the big sign that says "BETA", but, this is not a new problem to the game, and now it actually "matters" or so to say. I would like to know how you are going to counter this moving forward with this new feature and hopefully, it is more than what is written in the `official anouncments`.

I play on PS4 and I know that is not your primary concern, but, I hope you guys indulged me with an in-depth answer, becouse as I`ve said, have not faced one person in tournament mode with a steady or green latency bar. Which, for those of us who do not want to exploit the game mechanics and network`s weaknesses it is just anoying.

However, on the positive side, I am happy with this new addition to the game although it was not exactly what I was hoping for. Keep improving the game, because of the game it self and its potential is huge and I really like playing it. If you don`t count the poor balancing and the huge issues with matchmaking and game stability.

UbiNoty
09-01-2017, 02:21 AM
Hi!
I'm very glad you're enjoying it, but lag-switchers are definitely fun-killers that we want to take care of. With the new introduction of ranked, this problem seems to be on the rise, so make sure you report any instances you see of it to us at support (https://support.ubi.com/en-us/Games/4315)!

Kliftheone
09-01-2017, 02:40 AM
Hi!
I'm very glad you're enjoying it, but lag-switchers are definitely fun-killers that we want to take care of. With the new introduction of ranked, this problem seems to be on the rise, so make sure you report any instances you see of it to us at support (https://support.ubi.com/en-us/Games/4315)!

Although you did not elaborate on what you guys will do and how you will enforce this issues that you say is on the rise, I appreciate the understanding and awareness of this problem. At the moment I feel kinda spammy with those function as "Greafing" and "Cheating", of course depending on the issue. But from my experience of sending footage into Ubisoft or reported people in the fashion or with picture/video response I have not see sanctions or actions being taken, you may, of course, have done this with out me knowing or noticing. But, since I`ve yet to get a response on Ubisoft's support function on several of these issues I`ve sent in my faith in that has diminished, but, that it is rather a way for you to recognize the issues rather than strike down on them.

It`s not your fault and I won't blame you and the amount of trash you guys have to read through and endure I will wish you a good day/night and forward it to the dev team!

UbiNoty
09-01-2017, 03:05 AM
Although you did not elaborate on what you guys will do and how you will enforce this issues that you say is on the rise, I appreciate the understanding and awareness of this problem. At the moment I feel kinda spammy with those function as "Greafing" and "Cheating", of course depending on the issue. But from my experience of sending footage into Ubisoft or reported people in the fashion or with picture/video response I have not see sanctions or actions being taken, you may, of course, have done this with out me knowing or noticing. But, since I`ve yet to get a response on Ubisoft's support function on several of these issues I`ve sent in my faith in that has diminished, but, that it is rather a way for you to recognize the issues rather than strike down on them.

It`s not your fault and I won't blame you and the amount of trash you guys have to read through and endure I will wish you a good day/night and forward it to the dev team!

I can't provide an exact answer as to the solution because I'm not sure of it myself. Of course if we see that a player is blatantly and egregiously lag-switching and violating TOS then we will issue sanctions on their account, but we'll also want to start to look for ways to implement more general preventative measures because being proactive rather than reactive about these kinds of things is always better (especially in things like ranked modes).