PDA

View Full Version : The tournament is so unfun, and highlights the problems.

Sneaky-Patches
09-01-2017, 01:40 AM
This game has turned into completely unreactable garbage in the last few updates on console, (and it was already bad enough at the best of times before that) forget Pk's lights, half the moves in this game show the indicator as you're copping a hit, timesnaps removal has made this a pure buttonmashing spamfest.

Playing on a PS4 pro with a 1ms monitor, and it's just humanly impossible to react to this. I have faster reflex response time than near 85% of people, yet this is broken. Some on console can react to light spam and others can't react to half of the moves in the game, wtf is going on? The devs keep saying the game gives everyone the same time window to respond from attacks, but that's total BS, and they won't acknowledge that it's total lies in every stream, and it's doing my head in.

I don't understand why you can't revert the changes you made to make this game a pile of crap, or why you won't acknowledge thousands of people on reddit constantly saying this... they brush right over it as if everyone is wrong.

This is the For Honor experience of the tourament mode: https://youtu.be/d6QjStaCASI

Just getting wailed on by unreactable spam.
--There's been a controller input delay making attacks, or guard raising/ switching delay for about half a second. So even if you can maybe react, you have to wait for the game to catch up to your inputs.
--you have to parry at the start of the animation on console as opposed to the point where you nearly get hit on PC. Not once have I ever parried a light attack EVER.
-- Half the time in this clip I'm stuck in "Stunlock", I can't even raise my guard or dodge.
--- parry windows and deflect timing is so incredibly inconsistent.

This game feels so broken to play, and the total lack of acknowledgement for this long about light spam on console is honestly infuriating.

Yet you still won't balance console and PC separately...

You can't collect any good data if all that matters is spamming lights at people.

This is not fun at all. Please address this fully on your next weekly show. Thanks.

Antonioj26
09-01-2017, 02:17 AM
This game has turned into completely unreactable garbage in the last few updates on console, (and it was already bad enough at the best of times before that) forget Pk's lights, half the moves in this game show the indicator as you're copping a hit, timesnaps removal has made this a pure buttonmashing spamfest.

Playing on a PS4 pro with a 1ms monitor, and it's just humanly impossible to react to this. I have faster reflex response time than near 85% of people, yet this is broken. Some on console can react to light spam and others can't react to half of the moves in the game, wtf is going on? The devs keep saying the game gives everyone the same time window to respond from attacks, but that's total BS, and they won't acknowledge that it's total lies in every stream, and it's doing my head in.

I don't understand why you can't revert the changes you made to make this game a pile of crap, or why you won't acknowledge thousands of people on reddit constantly saying this... they brush right over it as if everyone is wrong.

This is the For Honor experience of the tourament mode: https://youtu.be/d6QjStaCASI

--There's been a controller input delay making attacks, or guard raising/ switching delay for about half a second. So even if you can maybe react, you have to wait for the game to catch up to your inputs.
--you have to parry at the start of the animation on console as opposed to the point where you nearly get hit on PC. Not once have I ever parried a light attack EVER.
-- Half the time in this clip I'm stuck in "Stunlock", I can't even raise my guard or dodge.

This game feels so broken to play, and the total lack of acknowledgement for this long about light spam on console is honestly infuriating.

You can't collect any good data if all that matters is spamming lights at people.

This is not fun at all. Please address this fully on your next weekly show. Thanks.

Timesnap removal is kind of the final step for me, It has made the game infuriating how inconsistant it is. I was able to regularly parry 500ms lights on reaction and now its absurdly difficult to do since you dont know if the attack is going to be 500ms or 400ms. I remember noticing it being gone instantly before I even knew what time snap was. Then I heard someone talk about it and realized why things felt so off. Its a shame that Ubi wouldnt even bother testing the removal of timesnap before releasing it to the live version of the game. I'd put money on it that it would have never made it live if the community had a say. I've heard some people say it made things better overall but the majority seem to disagree.

UbiNoty
09-01-2017, 02:23 AM

Thank you for the feedback. We're very keen to hear about ranked feedback right now so hopefully this will help give the team some better perspective on the console input/lag issues.

kweassa1
09-01-2017, 02:30 AM
...Playing on a PS4 pro with a 1ms monitor, and it's just humanly impossible to react to this. I have faster reflex response time than near 85% of people, yet this is broken. Some on console can react to light spam and others can't react to half of the moves in the game, wtf is going on? The devs keep saying the game gives everyone the same time window to respond from attacks, but that's total BS, and they won't acknowledge that it's total lies in every stream, and it's doing my head in...

Having seen how you've argued in the past highlander 2nd heavies are guaranteed on assassins upon 1st one being hit, and then switching your argument to "it probably happens to only consoles" the moment you've been confronted with counter evidence...

...I highly doubt your reflexes are faster than 85% of the gamers playing on PS4.

It is very well possible timesnap or whayever problems may exist that can be noticed by people, for example Antonio's post above, but it is IMO, also highly likely whatever you're experiencing most probably has nothing to do with such subtle problems, and most probably all on you.

bmason1000
09-01-2017, 02:30 AM
Ps4 user, I'm havin a blast with ranked. It's weird, i never play duel. I have deterred duel mode in months but this is a lot of fun. Really keeping me on edge. My only gripe, which you've already addressed in another thread(thanks by the way!) is the randomness of rewards. Tournament 5, still haven't recieved a reward for any character i have unlocked.

Antonioj26
09-01-2017, 02:47 AM
Having seen how you've argued in the past highlander 2nd heavies are guaranteed on assassins upon 1st one being hit, and then switching your argument to "it probably happens to only consoles" the moment you've been confronted with counter evidence...

...I highly doubt your reflexes are faster than 85% of the gamers playing on PS4.

It is very well possible timesnap or whayever problems may exist that can be noticed by people, for example Antonio's post above, but it is IMO, also highly likely whatever you're experiencing most probably has nothing to do with such subtle problems, and most probably all on you.

Its inconsistant, theres definitely times where the timesnap removal isnt so bad but if my opponent has a red or yellow connection then attacks that I know I have no problem parrying or blocking are blind-siding me.

SplugeKing
09-01-2017, 02:58 AM
There is definitely something screwy that I am experiencing

Sneaky-Patches
09-01-2017, 03:32 AM

Ugh cmon I'm sick of hearing from you when you're being passive aggressive.

Yeah, we established that you *should* be able to parry/ block the second hit from highlander. And I acknowledged that there was probably something else at play, the very second you showed me a clip against a bot, I agreed with you and started spitballing other potential issues or causes. Twice I have acknowledged this fact. But since the last big update, incredible amounts of stunlock, inconsistent parries and wonkadoo reflex guard have been wrecking the experience. There have been threads up to your ears saying the same thing, stunlock is crazy. There was another thread this morning of players talking about highlanders second hit and agreeing about it hitting them regardless.

Yes I have fast reflexes, according to the reflex test you can do online, and a career in motorbike racing. Being in the top 15% isn't even some insane accomplishement either, just saying that it is not the problem here.

Anyway what's up with the end paragraph of your comment? You basically acknowledge that you could in fact be 100% entirely wrong, that it may all very well be different experiences with timesnap, and that the other people in this thread talking about the EXACT same issues are probably right, but only I'm wrong? And base all of this on your own feelings? That doesn't make sense. You are fake news.

In hindsight I could have removed the ranty parts from this thread, probably should've now proof reading it, so be it, but this single issue does have me at the end of my ropes having everything feel so inconsistent and unreactable. And I'm not the only one with these issues as much as you may wish I am...

XJadeDragoonX
09-01-2017, 03:33 AM
Can anyone explain to me what timesnap is?

Sneaky-Patches
09-01-2017, 03:58 AM
Can anyone explain to me what timesnap is?

Hey man, this 3 min video sums it up pretty well, and also showcases its problems:
https://youtu.be/lSQkKn5O58Q

The devs also argue that it shouldn't be affecting latency or hit indicators, and it should be improving the game. but there's a lot of evidence to the contrary, and thousands of people said it has made the game much worse since its removal (I would say the majority according to reddit) , so it's hard to know who to believe, or if it's having other unintended negative effects due to affecting something else in the game.

We.the.North
09-01-2017, 04:20 AM
There was another thread this morning of players talking about highlanders second hit and agreeing about it hitting them regardless.

And I acknowledged that there was probably something else at play, the very second you showed me a clip against a bot

First of all, playing against AI and against other players is different. There is a very small amount of ms lost that you dont have in PvAI.

I have been playing a lot of Shinobi lately and can see without a doubt, in PvP, I manage to block about 5% of Highlanders second heavy thrown at me when the first one hit. Dodging out of it is impossible. Against a Berserker, same thing. Blocking is very inconsistent and dodging out of reach is near impossible.

Shinobi staggering "stunlock" on hit is a problem ... especially with their 90 hp.

psyminion
09-01-2017, 04:38 AM
as a daily ps4 player the timestamp removal was noticed instantly.

timesnap enforced a consistency that may have felt like input lag, but DID ensure input mattered. if I recall correctly I heard it was to done reduce zone-flicker? but seems like a poopy trade.

now the light spam is crazy and the stunlock is nuts. I can't avoid that second unblockable from a highlander to literally save my life unless I'm playing kensei with my warp-dodge.

brashtralas
09-01-2017, 05:14 AM
I've also experienced the strange inconsistencies and completely inexplicable(and utterly rage inducing) stunlock. My guy leans back like he's being knocked off balance, my attack indicator gets shaded out, and my guy refuses to move in any way.

I've also been struck by, normally assassins or faster characters, attacks that literally hit me as in indicator flashes that an attack is incoming.

I'm not sure if it's the timesnap, but the problem started after it was removed. I'll also point out that the gladiator is the most common culprit for the stunlock, for me, anyway.

Sneaky-Patches
09-01-2017, 05:24 AM
So just wanted to share this in terms of highlanders second hit.

https://youtu.be/KwmSudIRo8U

Notice my guard indicator after receiving the first hit, im basically spamming the controller to guard in the other direction, but it remains totally greyed out, im just stunlocked and cant do anything.

There is also something incredibly off with reflex guard, like I block left and it goes up instead. Its just such a bad mechanic.

lMoosel
09-01-2017, 05:50 AM
Timesnap difference is noticeable, but come on man that zerker just straight up combo'd you and your blocking was pathetic. Your playing shinobi and complaing about light spam. You could have easily parried the zerk attacks or CGB'd. The Highlander's second heavy isn't confirmed on assains and most decent assains deflect it because it's so slow. You ran head into it trying to use the cheesy slide gb 50/50. Less excuses more practice.

Sneaky-Patches
09-01-2017, 06:45 AM
Timesnap difference is noticeable, but come on man that zerker just straight up combo'd you and your blocking was pathetic. Your playing shinobi and complaing about light spam. You could have easily parried the zerk attacks or CGB'd. The Highlander's second heavy isn't confirmed on assains and most decent assains deflect it because it's so slow. You ran head into it trying to use the cheesy slide gb 50/50. Less excuses more practice.

I cant even raise my guard in half the hits cause im too busy getting stunlocked. This **** is impossible on my end, between the controller input delay, and the unreactable speed of this crap, I cant do anything. Im just having round after fking round of 100-0 zerkers and PKS spam, even cents heavies. Since the last major update, I basically cant react to anything in this game if its not a heavy. Maybe a vid is just a bad examle from actually playing it, and witnessing the godawful controller delay.

How is it a cheesy 50/50? You can dodge it it swing into it, look at the punishment I took from failing it...

Yeah im playing shinobi and complaining about light spam, because ive staunchly advocated that this spam is the cancer of the game on console, and think it should be fixed, including shinobi.

Thats not true, not even a little. nobody can deflect the second hit on console in pvp. total BS. Most cant block it, I just showed you a clip showing the guard indicator not even coming up. Look at all the people in this thread claiming the exact same experience...

Kweassa1, is this you? lol

Koncrissant
09-01-2017, 06:53 AM
I played right a Tournament!
First Match Encounter A PEACEKEEPER ZONEATTACK LIGHT SPAM ABUSER!
I guess ill pass for this shi t on your game who the **** even care to enjoy a game like that thou?
So many Characters with UnReactable strikes!
You call this game a skilled base melee action?
Whatta **** is Skill based on Abusing of a broken character to Ruin the games fun of players trying to have with this game?
Obviusly i ended up Quitting that Unmoral Handicap Match Vs PK and Spit on your Broken Game again!