PDA

View Full Version : More xp in tournament

XJadeDragoonX
09-01-2017, 01:20 AM
The amount of time a tournament consumes vs how much do you get is abysmal. Hopefully this is something the devs can take a look at

CandleInTheDark
09-01-2017, 01:24 AM
Watching a livestream, it seems that the amount is a regular duel amount (unless you get xp after the tournament?) and bearing in mind you need to stay in it until the end to get your rewards,along with the time waiting for others to finish matches, they might need to take into account that you are going to be spending time not playing.

They said on the Den today that xp is based on an average amount of time playing the game. Given that the longest dominion can take is 20 minutes and the tournament warns you before you enter that it will take 35 minutes to an hour, even if you are not playing all of it I feel you need to be getting more total xp than a dominion game as you are committing a longer amount of time to it.

UbiNoty
09-01-2017, 01:45 AM
I can bring up the suggestion. Since tournament mode is a bit on a different level from regular game modes, it's probably worth considering.

Vakris_One
09-01-2017, 03:46 AM
I can bring up the suggestion. Since tournament mode is a bit on a different level from regular game modes, it's probably worth considering.
While we're on the subject I think the steel rewards should be much higher. 35 steel per match is far too low for the amount of time investment the ranked mode is asking of the player. In the very least the steel reward should increase the farther along you go in the tournament because the more of your time it is taking up - time one could be using to play 2 to 3 Dominion matches for example.

I also think winning a tournament should net the winner something like 400 to 500 steel.

bmason1000
09-01-2017, 05:39 AM
While we're on the subject I think the steel rewards should be much higher. 35 steel per match is far too low for the amount of time investment the ranked mode is asking of the player. In the very least the steel reward should increase the farther along you go in the tournament because the more of your time it is taking up - time one could be using to play 2 to 3 Dominion matches for example.

I also think winning a tournament should net the winner something like 400 to 500 steel.
Yeah I definitely think steel rewards should increase with each level of the tournament.

CandleInTheDark
09-01-2017, 08:55 PM
Yeah I definitely think steel rewards should increase with each level of the tournament.

My thought is that there should be no individual duel xp (though given disconnects are currently a thing that might need to stay as is until the routers are fixed) and that everyone should, at the very least, have two dominion worth of xp at the end shared between the characters they used since in the time you are there, indeed you could be playing two or even three dominion matches. I think that probably semi finalists,the runner up and the winner should get incrementally more also.While you get special rewards, which I think if they can fix it so it is relevant to the heroes you play will be very cool, I might do a few for that when I have the characters I want levelled, to only get six duels worth of xp, this if you win the whole thing, less if you are knocked out earlier, for the time you are in it is not a good reflection of the time you spent committed to a game mode.