PDA

View Full Version : Gear stats on 1v1

Mercenery200
09-01-2017, 01:06 AM
I was wondering if their is a specific reason why gear stats can't be on in 1v1 matches? Like is it just because the 1v1 match is all about testing how good you are with just the base character? I mean I would just play 4v4 matches if I wanted my gear stats but I always get triple teamed so the gear isn't very useful, anyway was just hoping somebody knew the exact reason why gear stats can't be like an option in 1v1 matches.

CandleInTheDark
09-01-2017, 01:13 AM
Ever played an open world game like Witcher 3 where you have strayed to the wrong part of the map and you have gotten into a 1v1 fight with a dragon you are about fifteen levels away from having a fair fight with that killed you before you even scratched its life pool? (Without getting into too much of a rant, the exit point of a mission I took at my level put me in that wrong part of town -_-) I always kind of assumed that was the reason. Mind you I would prefer they weren't a thing in 4v4 as well so eh lol.

UbiNoty
09-01-2017, 01:54 AM
We try to keep more of a focus on pure player skill in duel (hence why we removed revenge). Perhaps if we can be convinced to change our view/philosophy on duel we'll change it to include gear stats in the future, but as of right now we see duel more as a test of your mettle against your opponents, with nothing else to influence the outcome. Hope that helps answer your question a bit!

Linnix1
09-01-2017, 02:06 AM
Because then little Jimmy who just are playing with his zero gear orochi doesn't run into big bubba's rep 40 warlord with Max attack star and nearly one shots little jimmy

TheNinefingers
09-01-2017, 03:37 AM
When you're forced to choose between debuff resistance and exhaustion recovery on a piece of gear, it greatly affects how you do vs certain other characters.

If i choose to use exhaustion recovery because i keep running into cents, LB's, etc.. characters who punish your stamina mercilessly, then end up facing characters who use bleeds, then i'm at an extreme disadvantage since they'll now multiple times more damage to me than normal.

AnEnticingSquid
09-01-2017, 03:47 AM
Because then little Jimmy who just are playing with his zero gear orochi doesn't run into big bubba's rep 40 warlord with Max attack star and nearly one shots little jimmy

Think of the children! XD