PDA

View Full Version : Shugos' guard speed and why it should go back

Baggin_
08-31-2017, 11:08 PM
Power Armor and wall splat/oos punish. As long as the parry punish meta is like this, it should go back to how it was.

Moondyne_MC
08-31-2017, 11:13 PM
And that hurts the majority of Shug players that aren't parry gods. There are characters with generally superior parry punishes anyway, granted Shugo can technically 1 hit you, but that's why positioning is incredibly important when playing characters like this.

If they change Shug's guard Stance speed then they've also gotta fix his increased damage taken when hyperarmour is down.

TSCDescon
08-31-2017, 11:14 PM
1. He needs his hyper armor.
2. Wall splat into demons embrace is his only viable move.
3. He does not have OOS punishers.

Take away any of these, then Shugoki is no longer a character in a game anymore. If you're losing to a Shugoki, I'm sorry but you'll have to "Git Gud". He's literally one of the worst character in the game. This is coming from a Shugoki main.

That_guy44
08-31-2017, 11:14 PM
They changed his block speed. His parry speed is still the same.

TSCDescon
08-31-2017, 11:19 PM

All the heroes should have the same parry timing. No character should have an advantage of parrying an attack over another, it wouldn't be balanced. Right now, that's the issue. Assassins have a faster parry speed than the rest of the rosters.

Moondyne_MC
08-31-2017, 11:51 PM

Holy crap, is THAT why I find it so hard to parry with Shugo compared to anyone else? I can generally feel when I've messed up the timing, but even when I don't he occasionally just does a heavy attack instead, and due to hyperarmour this usually means I eat a second hit after "missing" the parry and taking the first hit.

Antonioj26
09-01-2017, 12:09 AM
Holy crap, is THAT why I find it so hard to parry with Shugo compared to anyone else? I can generally feel when I've messed up the timing, but even when I don't he occasionally just does a heavy attack instead, and due to hyperarmour this usually means I eat a second hit after "missing" the parry and taking the first hit.

Yes much like you can't attack until the guard switch animation finishes before you can attack it acts the same for parries. Everyone still has the same animations so the slower ones are going to have a tougher time