PDA

View Full Version : Done with Cent ********

CheekyKemosabe
08-31-2017, 09:47 PM
Never thought I'd come this low but it's official, I've had enough. I no longer have any respect for anybody who plays Centurion.

Yes, that's right, this is a rant.

Any dumb *** can pick up a centurion and instantly be as good as high skill level players.

Their ******* cutscene that takes up half your health, all of their instant unblockables, getting raped up against a wall like it's a heavy R video.

I'm sick of it. I'm not even that bad of a player, i consider myself decent, and most times i can hold myself against a centurion player, but this ******** is rediculous. we're in season three now, this character was released months ago, he should have been nerfed then and now they need to nerf his ***** *** into the dirt, hard.

From now on, i don't give a **** how many penalties i get, if i enter a match with even a single centurion player, my team or their, i'm leaving. **** match stability, that's everyone elses problem who doesn't have a good connection and they can blame ubi for that ********. Not my ****ing concern if the whole ****ing match drops.

**** centurions and **** every player who uses him. They're noobs who exploit one thing in the whole ******* game or experienced players who like to troll and get easy wins and i'm not having any of it anymore.

Anyone who says "Git gud" or "just dodge" or any ******** like that probably uses the centurion and is scared to lose their god mode hero. **** it all, I don't give a ****. You see me in a game and i see you using a centurion, then gg, go **** yourself, have fun re syncing and getting dropped.

Antonioj26
08-31-2017, 09:49 PM
Never thought I'd come this low but it's official, I've had enough. I no longer have any respect for anybody who plays Centurion.

Yes, that's right, this is a rant.

Any dumb *** can pick up a centurion and instantly be as good as high skill level players.

Their ******* cutscene that takes up half your health, all of their instant unblockables, getting raped up against a wall like it's a heavy R video.

I'm sick of it. I'm not even that bad of a player, i consider myself decent, and most times i can hold myself against a centurion player, but this ******** is rediculous. we're in season three now, this character was released months ago, he should have been nerfed then and now they need to nerf his ***** *** into the dirt, hard.

From now on, i don't give a **** how many penalties i get, if i enter a match with even a single centurion player, my team or their, i'm leaving. **** match stability, that's everyone elses problem who doesn't have a good connection and they can blame ubi for that ********. Not my ****ing concern if the whole ****ing match drops.

**** centurions and **** every player who uses him. They're noobs who exploit one thing in the whole ******* game or experienced players who like to troll and get easy wins and i'm not having any of it anymore.

Anyone who says "Git gud" or "just dodge" or any ******** like that probably uses the centurion and is scared to lose their god mode hero. **** it all, I don't give a ****. You see me in a game and i see you using a centurion, then gg, go **** yourself, have fun re syncing and getting dropped.

As good as a high skilled player? Nah. As good as a mediocre player. Definitely.

StriderBorne
08-31-2017, 09:59 PM
I decided that it is definitely on purpose at this point for whatever reason months ago. I've never seen the like with a big company just being so clueless with balancing their game.
They should be embarassed, I also dont give a damn what anyone says defending that broken class

CheekyKemosabe
08-31-2017, 10:11 PM
I didn't want to believe it, part of me still doesn't want to, because this is such a great game. But the fact that they haven't nerfed his *** yet means they probably want him to stay like that. And that weak *** nerf they're coming out with? nowhere even remotely resembling enough to balance him out. All the ****ing problems with this exploit of a hero and they choose to nerf his feint? Nope **** that. Nerf him like you've nerfed every character in the roster and then some, maybe then i'll give a flying ****. Until then, not a single **** given, Centurions can go **** themselves and their mothers too.

HumoLoco
08-31-2017, 10:12 PM
Learn to dodge, parry, and block? And learn how to not let centurion plays you like a doll before you post this, please?

I can prove that when you see centurion you put your controller down on the table and eating some popcorn to watch your own heroes to die.

Centurion is only needs to land you to grab or jab you. If you block successful, they would have chance to grab you or jab, just dodge after you block successful, remember that don't do early dodge because they have a little delay. If you dodge first, they cant grab you or jab you, they still need to touch you but remember they can cancel their heavy attack and grab you. If you see centurion's charging, what the hell do you stare at centurion's charging for, get your butt work on. If you see centurion's spartan kick, again what the hell why did you stare at centurion's cute leg for? If you hit centurion's cute punishes, it's your fault for fell his cute trap.

Centurion is the lowest tier ever I played, because I need to LAND of any my attack to do grab and jab. Unlike Orochi, because Orochi is easy to get first strike all is dodge and light attack then doing some ludicrous cheap tricks.

CheekyKemosabe
08-31-2017, 10:15 PM
Couldn't even get through everything you wrote. **** all of that. I know how to play this game, been playing since the beginning, so don't tell me what i need to learn how to do. Centurion is OP as **** and needs nerfs up the ***. Don't ******** me or anyone else with any kind of explanation because i've given the same advice before. After all this time i've simply come to the conclusion that it's not enough. I won't be sitting there watching anyone die and throwing a match, i'll be quitting entirely. Like i said, **** connection issues and stability. Don't cry to me cause your connection sucks, cry to the devs.

Wolf-Heathen
08-31-2017, 10:17 PM
Cent is never going to be balanced thanks to big daddy Roman. He's is so *($&@^ biased when it comes to fixing that class. They've been dragging their feet for MONTHS with the smokescreen of,"We can nerf him without ruining him in 1v1." Take a real hard look at your tournament data and Centurions. Look at the %$*&( time to kill for that class compared to others , how much damage Centurions take and receive. You can't say Centurions are not in a VERY good spot in 1v1s. Their BS tracking, soft-feints heavy into GB, next to NO RECOVERY FRAMES, ludicrous stamina drain, and ridiculous damage on a punish, mix-ups, and infinite wall splat combo if your back is to a wall.

Balance has never been present in this game, but never before has Ubisoft been so deliberately negligent as in the case with the Centurion.

HumoLoco
08-31-2017, 10:20 PM
Couldn't even get through everything you wrote. **** all of that. I know how to play this game, been playing since the beginning, so don't tell me what i need to learn how to do. Centurion is OP as **** and needs nerfs up the ***. Don't ******** me or anyone else with any kind of explanation because i've given the same advice before. After all this time i've simply come to the conclusion that it's not enough. I won't be sitting there watching anyone die and throwing a match, i'll be quitting entirely. Like i said, **** connection issues and stability. Don't cry to me cause your connection sucks, cry to the devs.

Sure? Post the video show us the gameplay of you play on For Honor?

CheekyKemosabe
08-31-2017, 10:27 PM
No, know why? because you don't need footage to know that he's unbalanced. But if you're that insistent i suggest you look it up on you-tube or whatever media that provides the proof. You're defending a broken hero and your only defense is, essentially, Git Gud. That's just not credible, it's not good enough, and it's not enough to make a difference. Nerf his ***.

Edit: if you play PC, i might be inclined to believe it's possible, because i don't play PC and we all know it's an entirely different game there. I'm speaking as an xbox player.

lMoosel
08-31-2017, 10:28 PM
My guess would be the devs realize at this point it's just the bad players still struggling against him. In 4v4 he's strong but not like multiple raiders. In 1v1 he's upper tier but not amazing. He's very punishable. At this point you should really just learn him/how to play against him and stop crying. lol I bet you still get "vortexed" by wardens.

JesterSyxe
08-31-2017, 10:29 PM
I hate Centurion so much right now I would love to hear that all the Cent Players got Terminal Cancer!

CheekyKemosabe
08-31-2017, 10:30 PM
My guess would be the devs realize at this point it's just the bad players still struggling against him. In 4v4 he's strong but not like multiple raiders. In 1v1 he's upper tier but not amazing. He's very punishable. At this point you should really just learn him/how to play against him and stop crying. lol I bet you still get "vortexed" by wardens.

And another player defending his god mode hero cause he doesn't want to lose the chance for easy wins. Try again.

HumoLoco
08-31-2017, 10:32 PM
No, know why? because you don't need footage to know that he's unbalanced. But if you're that insistent i suggest you look it up on you-tube or whatever media that provides the proof. You're defending a broken hero and your only defense is, essentially, Git Gud. That's just not credible, it's not good enough, and it's not enough to make a difference. Nerf his ***.

Edit: if you play PC, i might be inclined to believe it's possible, because i on't play PC and we all know it's an entirely different game there. I'm speaking as an xbox player.

Ima not PC player. Ima ps4 player.

I can uploading my video yesterday with my friends as centurion to carry my team for the whole game at the end. I can prove that these player let me plays them as a doll. My video is road to a half way to be complete.

Also you get me disappoint of you wont post a video, because its not count as a proof.

Antonioj26
08-31-2017, 10:33 PM
And another player defending his god mode hero cause he doesn't want to lose the chance for easy wins. Try again.

He's really not god mode. He's a noob stomper. Pk and warlord are still better.

lMoosel
08-31-2017, 10:45 PM

Nah play him some, beat him often. I play on Xbox nearly 20 days played and 85-90% of that's in duels and brawls. He's not as good as you think. Your problem is it's easier to cry and complain and not place the blame
On yourself for not being that good so it must be "op character who anyone can destroy on". Maybe play him for a few reps then come back and tell me
How "OP" he is. Let me know how he does against a turtling LB or a top tier conq. Bet your mind will change real
Quick when you realize you can't do anything. Don't come at me with an argument/insult when your a low tier
Player who complains. I haven't seen cent win a tourney yet, strange huh? I guess nobushi is op she won the hero series right? God I wish I could just see the footage of the people who complain nonstop on the forums playing because I have a strong feeling half of you can't even block most attacks or perry. People crying about attacks being too fast on console, people crying about this broken character or that one. Maybe spend less time on the forums and more time
In practice. Less time in 4s thinking your good and ganking and more
Time getting your lumps in on 1v1s.

/End rant/

For Honor is on track too being a great game, the community's trying it's hardest to slow it down though.

UbiNoty
08-31-2017, 10:53 PM
We actually had a really involved discussion about this on the Warrior's Den today. Here's a quick link (https://youtu.be/SQ3UU5U6SeU?t=2225) that candle provided in his usual awesome weekly recap.

We know he has problems with his CC and stun and we're working on it. And we know he can feel very punishing to play against. But we also know, that the hard numbers are telling us he's not as stupidly broken as it might feel he is. So from that, we can take away the realization that: he has issues that need addressing for sure, but a straight up nerf would not be the best solution either. It would also set an unhealthy precedent for balancing - we've tried it before with Valkyrie and it didn't work out well, so we want to actually try to do a good job with balancing, even if that means taking some more time to get it right.

We definitely don't want him to stay in the current state he's in, but we also can't yo-yo him around in response to majority demands. We want to actually try to fix him. So please be patient and understanding for a bit longer.

CheekyKemosabe
08-31-2017, 10:59 PM
Nah play him some, beat him often. I play on Xbox nearly 20 days played and 85-90% of that's in duels and brawls. He's not as good as you think. Your problem is it's easier to cry and complain and not place the blame
On yourself for not being that good so it must be "op character who anyone can destroy on". Maybe play him for a few reps then come back and tell me
How "OP" he is. Let me know how he does against a turtling LB or a top tier conq. Bet your mind will change real
Quick when you realize you can't do anything. Don't come at me with an argument/insult when your a low tier
Player who complains. I haven't seen cent win a tourney yet, strange huh? I guess nobushi is op she won the hero series right? God I wish I could just see the footage of the people who complain nonstop on the forums playing because I have a strong feeling half of you can't even block most attacks or perry. People crying about attacks being too fast on console, people crying about this broken character or that one. Maybe spend less time on the forums and more time
In practice. Less time in 4s thinking your good and ganking and more
Time getting your lumps in on 1v1s.

/End rant/

For Honor is on track too being a great game, the community's trying it's hardest to slow it down though.

Nice try but you're not making any argument that I haven't made before at least trying to defend that he might be balanced in some aspect. Can't say I believe you or anyone who defends him as a balanced hero. I just don't give enough of a **** to argue anymore. I've said my piece and there's not much anyone can say to convince me otherwise. Anyone can say the do well against any hero or say their the best at the game but there's nothing you can do to back that up, just like there's nothing I could do to convince anyone he's OP. In the end it's always "Well you did this instead of that and that's why you suck." So have fun trolling players just because you think you're that good, but i'm not having it anymore.

Anilman92
08-31-2017, 11:05 PM
Let the unbreakable heavy pin only

And the thing on the console ist
Faint havy into gb

On pc you see the gb miles away on console you need to guess right heavy or gb.

Light attack then gb you can see his hand like high five xD
Havy faint gb you see nothing.

The 2'nd thing is the lag.sometime on xbox it showes me green connection an the game is stuttering every 5 sek(i have only xbox on my router,nothing else)

Sometime my feats are locked and if it's the 4 one i will nerver unlock it.

Debuff doesent work on shinobi and i think pk
If i play kensei....

I hope this game will run 60fps on xbox one x

Franleonhart
08-31-2017, 11:11 PM
dont they see the outrage the centurion causes? what else do they need?

Knight_Raime
08-31-2017, 11:20 PM
I mean I REALLY want to tell you to get good because the kind of attitude you have in your post deserves that kind of response. But i'm trying to do better by my responses here sense I occasionally get pretty snarky or rude. So let me try to be a voice you can hear and not shut out.

I am a Centurion main. I have the most play time on him and he's the only hero I can feel comfortable slipping back into despite how long it's been since i've played him or the game. He just fits like a glove for me. So let me say I 100% understand the frustration a centurion brings in any mode. I completely get how overwhelming he feels because of how many things he can do in a given situation. Lastly but not the least at all I know how terrible it feels to make one mistake and get bodied. I'm not blind to what he does to people or how he feels (I in particular last night fought 4 matches in a row against 4 different centurions in duel.)

What i'd like you to understand (and this is not me stating he's fine or balanced) is that by the very core of his design he's supposed to be highly punishing. He's supposed to harass with options. The feeling of power that you get from fighting against him is intentional design. So even if they were to "perfect" balance him at his core he's still going to feel icky to get punished by. He's still going to feel frustrating if you make one mistake. etc. And this is why it's hard for them to properly tune centurion.
They are not taking several months to balance this one hero because of favoritism. Aside from the fact that they are in the middle of the huge defensive meta changes internally which probably keeps them pretty busy. They do not want to take his identity away.

The other thing I would like you to try and grasp is that a majority of his presence is dictated on his punishes. His actual damage is low without combos. And most of what he has in his kit (kick, jab, any light after the first, quick throw, and any combo other than heavy heavy) isn't good or situationaly useful at best. They simply can't just nerf his damage, nerf his stamina damage, remove some mix ups and call it good. He's pretty propped up because the defensive meta literally aids him in a big way. Same with warlord.

So before I tell you what my suggested changes are keep in mind that his major damage punishes from light parries are already gone whenever the defensive patch hits. Here is what I had suggested twice. Both times have been seen by the moderators and sent directly to the developers. I have even had a single mod have me condense my points and explain them so they could be delivered seperately to them. (granted this was before my plea thread was made. But still.)

Nerfs:
~reduce his stamina damage overall. Kind of needed considering how OOS will be post PTR. He's got enough stamina drain attacks that will more than make up for the nerf.

~Currently you can get a guaranteed uncharged heavy after doing his parry punish (parry+GB) and I believe it's possible to get either an uncharged jab or a kick for free. Though i've never tried. We can just remove all of that. the stamina damage it does (while will be nerfed) is still going to be high enough to be worth doing. and the fact that it behaves like deflect (closes the gap from ranged parried attacks) is also giving it value.

~Centurion will not be able to follow quick throws or the parry punish (parry+GB) with a guaranteed kick.

~nerf the stamina damage and the actual damage of the charged heavy> charged Jab> pounce.

Buffs:

~Make quick throw harder to tech. Quick throw doesn't give you anything other than a kick right now. and that's even if you land it. You can't get any damage off of it. Nor can you change where it throws them. The one thing it CAN do is wall splat. Which will be fine enough as a potential mix up to splat someone since centurion is about using his environment more than other heros. So they need to change the timing on it.

~Give superior guard/block on his charging heavy. It would only apply to the START of the animation. Basically like conq. which does this to block a move and get a free attack in. This would be centurions way in. At worst he's gotten a 25 damage heavy in on you. at best he's now got you in his soft feint game. This also fits considering his heavies currently deny feints for the most part. and he's basically built around heavies instead of lights like most people.

~Give a new combo to the centurion. Parry punish into light. That light would be considered the second light in his light light heavy combo. So he could from there either throw in a heavy which could be blocked. Or he could try to use it to get into his soft feint mix up.

~Make his zone cancelable if the first or second hit connects. Not on block.

~Give him a light>heavy combo.

~lastly make it so his uncharged jab is safe from GB.

Basically my changes aim to reduce the out right damage on his punishes and remove some options so he's easier to understand. And to make the rest of his kit more usable. FYI I have never been able to and still can't do his wall splat combo. The timing is just too weird for me. So. That in my opinion at least takes a little skill to do consistently. (not excusing it as a thing that's fine to keep. Just stating.)

Hopefully you read this and can calm down and take something away from it.

CheekyKemosabe
08-31-2017, 11:24 PM
We actually had a really involved discussion about this on the Warrior's Den today. Here's a quick link (https://youtu.be/SQ3UU5U6SeU?t=2225) that candle provided in his usual awesome weekly recap.

We know he has problems with his CC and stun and we're working on it. And we know he can feel very punishing to play against. But we also know, that the hard numbers are telling us he's not as stupidly broken as it might feel he is. So from that, we can take away the realization that: he has issues that need addressing for sure, but a straight up nerf would not be the best solution either. It would also set an unhealthy precedent for balancing - we've tried it before with Valkyrie and it didn't work out well, so we want to actually try to do a good job with balancing, even if that means taking some more time to get it right.

We definitely don't want him to stay in the current state he's in, but we also can't yo-yo him around in response to majority demands. We want to actually try to fix him. So please be patient and understanding for a bit longer.

Well now that I've had some time to calm down, I watched the video.

I do understand that it's a delicate thing and that Ubi is just trying to be careful going forward with balancing hero's out and I sincerely hope that whatever ya'll conclude on as the best option for centurion works out well.

I may not quit matches to ruin peoples fun but I won't feel any sympathy for a cent player that gets ganked in any team mode game or spammed in a 1v1. not until those fixes come through.

Wolf-Heathen
08-31-2017, 11:43 PM

That is complete BS. Roman said the exact same thing about PK at launch. "Blah blah our data proves you guys wrong. PK is not OP." And the community still raged against the class, and still you denied the issue, which caused that rather infamous misspoke of Raiders being PK killers...

No, I don't by your numbers excuse. Roman's answer was totally unresponsive to the question. The question wasn't about his WIN/LOSS ratio. The question regarding the Centurion was about how frustrating he is to play against, and how he makes for a negative play experience. The defense that, "Oh, his win/loss isn't that good so he isn't OP. End of discussion" is just red herring fallacy. Also the statements that, a) Centurions die a lot so he ain't OP, and b) his stuns and crowd control are too much is a total non-sequitur. In what crazy realm do you have data showing a cent totally locking down an opponent with stuns and CC, and then losing the fight? Those two statements cannot both be accurate. His CC, stuns, and "...he removes you the control for that long..." can't be out of hand -- which Roman admits to in the stream -- while simultaneously dying a lot.

Roman then goes to say, Cent is not OP, his issue is more "the multiplicity of stun, the multiplicity of crown control and the duration of that crowd control." He later says, "Yeah, he has some pretty good damage output if he doesn't get interrupt by your friend.." Do you guys even play this game? The ignorance of this statement is mind boggling. You can't interrupt a Centurion AT ALL during his cut scene(the biggest complaint about the class). He then makes a comparison to a Warden wall splat saying that a warden wall splat does, "A **** ton of damage, and is much harder to interrupt in a 4v4 situation." Rather inaccurately implying that wardens are more punishing to play against and interrupt then a centurion...:confused:

Roman: "We don't want to break his play style because I think his play style is interesting" This is the core of the problem right here. The community have consistently complained about his play style since day one of his release, in particular his cut scene of death, his tracking and how you can't react to anything if he lands just one blow, and yet Roman likes how he plays so too bad.

Franleonhart
08-31-2017, 11:51 PM
to be honest i dont think play their own game, that will be first hand eye-opener, and they wont need our infamous "data".

TSCDescon
09-01-2017, 12:14 AM
Pass this game to another company, end of story.

Edit: The dedicated servers are utter BS. It's just the "UbiSoft's way to draw in people to buy their product.

CandleInTheDark
09-01-2017, 12:49 AM
I don't think the centurion is OP, and I have never played a match for xp with him,absolutely zero experience. I have come across centurions trying to use nothing but the pin, from the second or third time on in that duel I parried it,I have come across centurions using nothing but spammed heavies, try doing that the whole duel and I am going to deal with them.Having used the centurion in custom matches,having gone against bots in custom matches and quite a few in duels, I know how to dodge the kick, I know which side the punch is coming from by their guard stance, I tend to feel that unless it is 1vx (and hey maybe I could get some practice in that through custom matches also) if I lose it is because I screwed up, that wall I got bounced against? I'm the one who lacked situational awareness and wound up throwing a risky attack when near it. I have never had anyone do the 100-0 on me, so apparently the widely held 'fact' that just anyone can do it is false as well, hell, Bandana is probably one of the better duelists going and he missed it a couple of times, I somehow doubt that a new player coming in can do that every time they feel like it. Is it annoying when I get stuck in a corner? Yes. Is it annoying when I can spend half a round trying to recover from out of stamina? Yes. Are his attacks sometimes a nightmare to deal with in 4v4? Hell yes, but when I read these posts, half of it falls into learn to play.

There are two arguments that really get me and it is mostly about the centurion I read them. The first is 'everyone says'. No, everyone does not say,you do not get to convince me that you have a point when you are speaking for me (because I am part of everyone) and telling me what my opinion is. You also do not get to speak for me and this is why, with no hat in the ring whatsoever, I will speak out on that because apparently I need to use my voice to not be lumped in with 'everyone'. I personally have never called for nerfs except for with my own main and even now I make noise on that my main needs a rebalance because I feel I have put the hours in for long enough to understand some of what needs changing.

The other, no offence to the OP, is that they want someone nerfed into the ground. When you say that, you have pretty much said you don't give a damn about balance, because 'nerfed into the ground' isn't balancing someone, that is expressing a wish to make them trash because you struggle against them.

I personally don't mind the centurion's style, I could never play it and there are some things that need looking at, as the devs acknowledged in this stream, but most of those calling op seem to be those who haven't learned which direction to dodge his punch.

RoosterIlluzion
09-01-2017, 01:32 AM
Dang. I thought I was a dizzy cartoon character because all I saw was stars. ********

HumoLoco
09-01-2017, 02:53 AM

Edit: if you play PC, i might be inclined to believe it's possible, because i don't play PC and we all know it's an entirely different game there. I'm speaking as an xbox player.

Ima not PC player. Ima ps4 player.

I can uploading my video yesterday with my friends as centurion to carry my team for the whole game at the end. I can prove that these player let me plays them as a doll. My video is road to a half way to be complete.

Also you get me disappoint of you wont post a video, because its not count as a proof.

as I promised. Start at 14:30 if you want to watch how I play centurion.
Here you go. but if you think Iam noob player. be sure watch the full video of this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rj2PpEHNDnI