PDA

View Full Version : Nerf highlander on console.

gabe_woods
08-31-2017, 09:26 PM
I know I'll probably get tons of hate for saying it but it's true. Highlander already is and will continue to be a problem on console for the simple fact that we have about half the speed of pc players and other various things that come into play. No disrespect to the devs but I feel like they do all this **** on PC then just dump it into console and hope for the best then you end up with something 100 times different than what I see anywhere else. And when will they realize that making a character slower doesn't potentially mean weaker. For example, centurions side heavy unblockable is still cancer to some players because the range and the delay on it, much like shugoki and Highlander's heavies. And highlander isn't even THAT slow on console. Coming into every match I get hit with a celtic curse or whatever that switch up is and after it lands the top heavy that comes after literally seems guaranteed. Like seriously I haven't been able to block it or anything yet, maybe it has to do with the fact that I'm a Glad and if anyone plays him they know that his guard is the worst of all the assassins to the point were I don't even try blocking to much anymore. Another topic I would like to brush over is the fact that everyone looks at Highlander's offensive mode as super risky or stupid, when in reality it's almost free damage. Let me explain. In his mode he can't block or do various other things but the problem with that is whenever he is in offensive mode and a player attacks, he can simply just let a heavy unblockable rip and trade a bunch of damage with his hyper armor. Or if you go in for a GB he does the exact same thing and it's just a mess, and don't even get me started on how if you dodge his attacks you might as well bend over, because 9/10 that ****s gonna hit you anyway. Not trying to knock the heroes or anything I mean this has been one hell of a season and I can admit I've been having fun, it's just these things need said and I feel like I'm the only one who is saying them.

Antonioj26
08-31-2017, 09:38 PM
I know I'll probably get tons of hate for saying it but it's true. Highlander already is and will continue to be a problem on console for the simple fact that we have about half the speed of pc players and other various things that come into play. No disrespect to the devs but I feel like they do all this **** on PC then just dump it into console and hope for the best then you end up with something 100 times different than what I see anywhere else. And when will they realize that making a character slower doesn't potentially mean weaker. For example, centurions side heavy unblockable is still cancer to some players because the range and the delay on it, much like shugoki and Highlander's heavies. And highlander isn't even THAT slow on console. Coming into every match I get hit with a celtic curse or whatever that switch up is and after it lands the top heavy that comes after literally seems guaranteed. Like seriously I haven't been able to block it or anything yet, maybe it has to do with the fact that I'm a Glad and if anyone plays him they know that his guard is the worst of all the assassins to the point were I don't even try blocking to much anymore. Another topic I would like to brush over is the fact that everyone looks at Highlander's offensive mode as super risky or stupid, when in reality it's almost free damage. Let me explain. In his mode he can't block or do various other things but the problem with that is whenever he is in offensive mode and a player attacks, he can simply just let a heavy unblockable rip and trade a bunch of damage with his hyper armor. Or if you go in for a GB he does the exact same thing and it's just a mess, and don't even get me started on how if you dodge his attacks you might as well bend over, because 9/10 that ****s gonna hit you anyway. Not trying to knock the heroes or anything I mean this has been one hell of a season and I can admit I've been having fun, it's just these things need said and I feel like I'm the only one who is saying them.

No

Herbstlicht
08-31-2017, 09:49 PM
First of all, many things you wrote are wrong. His attacks have one property. Like Unblockable. Or Hyperarmor. Not all at once.
Then .. maybe Tournament isn't the best to go by, because I got some hella strong players against me. But my opponents (3 of 4) parried my celtic curse side cancel. They parried my lights. And I play on console too. If you are impatient or want to parry the highlander like you do with other characters, of course you are going to get hurt. He is new. You need to learn new timings. And maybe with whatever class you play, you simply have a bad matchup against him for whatever reasons. But as I do personally view him right now: He has some options, sadly offensive stance is burning stamina ultra fast what can be punished by the stronger part of the cast like really hard and he doesn't have the easiest of times against fast heroes.

Learn the matchup some more. And then maybe try to reevaluate.

S0Mi_xD
08-31-2017, 09:51 PM

It is not too fast, and the second heavy after celtic is NOT guaranteed.
You can't dodge it, but you can block and parry it.

Srsly, no - he is in a good spot and the difference from pc to console is not that huge like you would think.
There is a difference, but an average player wouldn't notice it at all.

If you can't block/parry it on consol, it wouldn't be easier on PC.
On pc, the game isn't slower, but there are more frames a second, that means the moves are better telegraphed visually
The speed is the same.

CheekyKemosabe
08-31-2017, 09:55 PM
Highlander is one of the only characters to come out this well balanced, so far i see no issue with him. Before they nerf anyone else, they need to nerf cancer inducing cent's *** into the earth and keep him there.

HumoLoco
08-31-2017, 10:00 PM
Nah.

We have no idea which you want to nerf Highlander on console?

Only I would agree if you want to nerf Highlander's Celtic Curse Cancels on console. Highlander's abusive with that.

lMoosel
08-31-2017, 10:49 PM
This is why we don't balance around low lvl play. I don't care what platform your on, if
Your getting hit by Celtic C that's on you. It's straight up perry bait at this point after the "day 1 mystery" is gone.

UbiNoty
08-31-2017, 11:13 PM

Thanks for the feedback! I've actually seen more opinions that he is very weak on console due to his slowness, so it's pretty interesting to hear something from a totally different perspective.
Do you have any problems against HL matchups with any other hero? (other than glad?)

gabe_woods
09-02-2017, 05:09 PM
Thanks for the feedback! I've actually seen more opinions that he is very weak on console due to his slowness, so it's pretty interesting to hear something from a totally different perspective.
Do you have any problems against HL matchups with any other hero? (other than glad?)

I haven't been playing my Orochi class enough to say. It may be the fact that gladiators guard reflex is broken. But honestly I'm more on the point of 75% I go in to hit a HL, I either get interrupted or trade nothing in damage.

PablO_Chaconn
09-02-2017, 06:10 PM
No offence but sounds like a case of git gd . Highlander is a noob stomper . When I'm wrecking players in a game it's because they are noobs but when I come up against players who no what they are doing I have a hard time fighting them . Your just terrible . Sorry to be a **** but learn how to play before you come on here

AnEnticingSquid
09-02-2017, 06:27 PM

So let's go through an average Highlander fight. I am a 7th pres gladiator so believe me, I know he is very viable against highlander.

So highlanders ONLY viable opener is Celtic curse. Anything else can be simply dodged and punished. So he opens with CC. You KNOW it can only come from 2 directions. That means even of you just guess, you will be right 50% of the time. And since it is so fast, reflex guard doesn't matter. (Reflex guard is only weak against slow attacks). So you block his cc. Now comes the super op, lightning fast heavy. You KNOW it can only come from 2 directions. That means even if you just guess, you will be right 50% of the time. Deja vu mon amie. Now he realises you won't fall for cc. So he engages super sayin stance. He is now a god right? Nah. Your gladiator. Just toe stab him. You will take him right out of god mode. And no, he can't trade with you. So now he can't use cc, and he can't use os... His only viable move at this point is to set his controller down, and look up pictures of cats while you obliterate him with your vastly superior character. (P.s. I play on Xbox.).

gabe_woods
09-15-2017, 08:51 AM
A lot of you guys are just the cancer that this game doesn't need. I'm not a "average player" or need to git gud. I just have a different opinion than some of you and I know that is almost unbelievable to fathom but....It is.

Alustar.
09-15-2017, 09:30 AM
Lol, this post made me die!!!

Alustar.
09-15-2017, 09:36 AM
A lot of you guys are just the cancer that this game doesn't need. I'm not a "average player" or need to git gud. I just have a different opinion than some of you and I know that is almost unbelievable to fathom but....It is.

1: calling other players cancerous is in fact cancerous behavior. So stop. No one is going to respect your opinion any more because of this.
2 you ARE an average player. Get over it. How do I know this? Well you are on the forums, you are complaining about the slowest hero in the game, knowing all this I can infer that you are likely not a "pro" gamer of any kind.
3: having a different opinion is fine. However don't get so high off your own farts that you think your opinion has any significant weight to it. Truth is your opinion is wrong (I know, shocker, but there is no rule saying opinions can't be wholly unfounded)

In short, stop high roading and get better.

CromCCCXVI
09-15-2017, 10:01 AM
2 Hits from a Highlander kills a Warlord now...

WOW, I think you nerfed the wrong class......

DrinkinMehStella
09-15-2017, 10:05 AM
all you have to do is keep your distance, they always open up with Celtic cross so wait for that move out the way and prepare for a follow up heavy and the his recovery is slow which leave him open to a GB or heavy, when in offensive form try to sneak in a light to cancel it, he has assassin health pool, so one missed throw or kick he can be beaten down quickly. he worst mis match is anyone with range, superior block, assassins and pretty much anyone

Alustar.
09-15-2017, 10:08 AM

Clips or it didn't happen.

Xaviloga
09-15-2017, 10:11 AM
Season 3 and many ppl dont realize yet that even playing the same console, ps4, the times can be different. You can have more time of reaction than other cause your tv, etc. So, dont judje ppl that fast.

Alustar.
09-15-2017, 11:25 AM
TO JOIN ILLUMINATI CALL +2788399977
Many people talk about Illuminati but they hate what they donít understand. Illuminati is real and is every where in the world. There is a biggest debate among the south Africans whether Nelson Mandela is a member of the secret society. Guy if you know what the secret society is all about or itís missions, you can get involved in such argument.

Illuminati is among the powerful secret societies in the world with an aim of ruling or taking over the world as it is now. For one to be powerful, popular, and rich you must be belonging to one of the secret societies in this world. For our brothers in the music industry if you donít bow down and sacrifice to Baphomet, you canít make it with your music career. In every aspect of life there is a goddess.

The Rothschild family have whatever it takes to make the world a better place for every one. They control the banking sector in the world just if they can give their wealth to the poor ones, no one can surfer any more and they are using their wealth to fund the secret society Illuminati thatís why itís among the biggest and powerful secret society. There are many secret societies in the world.

The Rothschilds already possessed a significant fortune before the start of the Napoleonic Wars (1803Ė1815), and the family had gained preeminence in the bullion trade by this time.From London in 1813 to 1815, Nathan Mayer Rothschild was instrumental in almost financing the British war effort, organizing the shipment of bullion to the Duke of Wellingtonís armies across Europe, as well as arranging the payment of British financial subsidies to their continental allies. In 1815 alone, the Rothschilds provided £9.8 million (in 1815 currency, about £566 million today when using the retail price index, and £6.58 billion when using average earnings) in subsidy loans to Britainís continental allies. This shows to you how powerful this family is. I will not go into deep of that.
There is another family called Rokeffeler family.

The Rockefeller family is an American industrial, political and banking family that made one of the worldís largest fortunes in the oil business during the late 19th and early 20th centuries, with John D. Rockefeller and his brother William Rockefeller primarily through Standard Oil.The family is also known for its long association with and financial interest in the Chase Manhattan Bank, now part of JPMorgan Chase. They are generally seen as one of the most powerful families in the history of the United States and the whole world.

As a member and an agent of the Illuminati in south Africa i look at many things in the country and i just feel happy because people they have what they donít understand. Every day a south African is exposed to 80% of the Illuminati signs and symbols . some on the streets,on the clothe,food they buy,music they watch, words they use while chatting ans so forth. This means we are every where.

JOINING THE OCCULT

When deciding to join the occult, you must be with some thing in common which you want us to motivate. The occult only motivates whats inside you. i mean some thing you feel you can do better here i mean like : talent and business. Some of the people who donít have talents come in as business ladies and gents

I'm sorry, Zietgeistsayswhat? This is precisely why we don't let young, impressionable kids around copious amounts of drugs and internet shock threads.

Also way to parrot every single Obligatory secret society stereotype in true lemming fashion.

Antonioj26
09-15-2017, 12:58 PM

Nah man, you really do just need to git gud. Highlander is bottom of the barrell right next to kensei.

Antonioj26
09-15-2017, 01:00 PM

Why do people insist on just making up dumb crap? His highest damage attack is 40, so he needs to land 4 hits. 40 damage isn't even that high especially considering how slow he is.

Antonioj26
09-15-2017, 01:01 PM
Season 3 and many ppl dont realize yet that even playing the same console, ps4, the times can be different. You can have more time of reaction than other cause your tv, etc. So, dont judje ppl that fast.

Right and that mostly effects fast characters, highlander isn't fast and he's still bad.

DrinkinMehStella
09-15-2017, 01:08 PM
Nah man, you really do just need to git gud. Highlander is bottom of the barrell right next to kensei.

you need to not tell people to git gud, he has an opinion and doesn't need to be shot down because you don't agree, he is right in saying that the community is cancer because of people not letting others have an opinion and that stupid childish saying git gud for honour is not the sort of game to just get good in even the best players have bad days. The devs don't go round saying git gud or insulting players based on there struggles, they educate and correct peoples opinion and thats what every one should do. more to the point depending on who people main determines who they might struggle against, for example I struggles massively against berserkers but apparently he's not that hard to beat but I struggle, doesn't mean I need to get good.

Antonioj26
09-15-2017, 01:12 PM
you need to not tell people to git gud, he has an opinion and doesn't need to be shot down because you don't agree, he is right in saying that the community is cancer because of people not letting others have an opinion and that stupid childish saying git gud for honour is not the sort of game to just get good in even the best players have bad days. The devs don't go round saying git gud or insulting players based on there struggles, they educate and correct peoples opinion and thats what every one should do. more to the point depending on who people main determines who they might struggle against, for example I struggles massively against berserkers but apparently he's not that hard to beat but I struggle, doesn't mean I need to get good.

Nope he absolutely needs to git gud, like I said kensei is the only character in contention for being worse than highlander. We don't need to start nerfing characters that are already terrible just because this guy can't figure it out. People are educating him on how to beat highlander and his response is pretty much "pfft whatever it's not me it's the character." I always give tips on how to overcome someone's weaknesses but when I get responses like OP's then there's no point in sugarcoating it.

Your berserker analogy is perfect, you seem to acknowledge that it's your own weakness and not the character.

The_B0G_
09-15-2017, 01:57 PM
If anything he needs a buff, I've said this a few times since his release but fast lights wreck Highlanders, hes bottom tier right now for me.

I played LB before he got his buff and I never felt as helpless with him as I do with HL, agressive light spamming is very hard for me to counter with HL, his attacks are slow, his dodge is slow and his dodge recovery is slow, so even if you dodge an attack, you'll be hit before you can respond against faster heroes.

Like Herbstlicht said as well, at the l skill evel that I play at, which is not even top tier, my celtic curse cancel side attack gets parried constantly.

In closing, HL needs a buff if anything, when fighting light spammy heroes I feel like I have zero options with him and seeing how half the heroes can light spam fast lights, I had to stop using him.

DrinkinMehStella
09-15-2017, 04:05 PM
Nope he absolutely needs to git gud, like I said kensei is the only character in contention for being worse than highlander. We don't need to start nerfing characters that are already terrible just because this guy can't figure it out. People are educating him on how to beat highlander and his response is pretty much "pfft whatever it's not me it's the character." I always give tips on how to overcome someone's weaknesses but when I get responses like OP's then there's no point in sugarcoating it.

Your berserker analogy is perfect, you seem to acknowledge that it's your own weakness and not the character.

so if we have 10 matches and you win half and I win half then who needs to 'git gud'? the whole concept with the git gud saying makes no sense in a game like this, he may struggle against highlander but beat most of us using anyone else so does than still mean he needs to git gud? he might beat you so should you git gud? someone please explain why people even use the saying git gud. I get how frustrating it is when all we see is this hero OP and that hero OP, most of those players got salty and ranted on here, try to ignore it unless I have valid reasons as to why they are not OP, I just don't see the need to go round saying Git Gud thats easier said than done in this game.

Antonioj26
09-15-2017, 04:22 PM
so if we have 10 matches and you win half and I win half then who needs to 'git gud'? the whole concept with the git gud saying makes no sense in a game like this, he may struggle against highlander but beat most of us using anyone else so does than still mean he needs to git gud? he might beat you so should you git gud? someone please explain why people even use the saying git gud. I get how frustrating it is when all we see is this hero OP and that hero OP, most of those players got salty and ranted on here, try to ignore it unless I have valid reasons as to why they are not OP, I just don't see the need to go round saying Git Gud thats easier said than done in this game.

Well first off neither of you would beat me, and second he's crying about a character that is terrible and not accepting the advice he's being given. He's a lost cause, "git gud" is short hand for stop blaming the character/mechanic/attack and focus on what you are doing wrong.

DrinkinMehStella
09-15-2017, 05:02 PM
Well first off neither of you would beat me, and second he's crying about a character that is terrible and not accepting the advice he's being given. He's a lost cause, "git gud" is short hand for stop blaming the character/mechanic/attack and focus on what you are doing wrong.

lol you must be the kind of guy thats gets salty and rage quits seeing as how good you THINK you are. you are the cancer of this community just by your attitude, how old are you? how can you say your better unless you face me?

Antonioj26
09-15-2017, 05:05 PM
lol you must be the kind of guy thats gets salty and rage quits seeing as how good you THINK you are. how can you say your better unless you face me?

Nice baseless accusation, if that's a challenge then I accept.

Psn: alyssaa-3
Should be free in 2-3 hours for a bit

Antonioj26
09-15-2017, 05:13 PM
lol you must be the kind of guy thats gets salty and rage quits seeing as how good you THINK you are. you are the cancer of this community just by your attitude, how old are you? how can you say your better unless you face me?

No the cancer is the constant whiners who refuse to recognize their own weaknesses and scream nerf this is nerf that. Don't get me wrong there are plenty that needs fixing but those legit problems are drowned out by people crying about Celtic curse or attacks equal to it.

Age isn't really relevant and I'm not sorry for being confident in my ability to play this game, I know how good I am and chances are neither of you are at my level. You are the one who brought up my skill or us fighting in the first place so don't get mad at me for telling you where I stand, it's not as though I arbitrarily brought it up.

Alustar.
09-15-2017, 06:40 PM

I consider myself a gamer of above average skill in most scenarios, for honor however I'm sub par, if you are going to accept this, be a rare Antonio is one of the better players I've had the okeasure of fighting from these forums. Doesn't matter the character either.

Antonioj26
09-15-2017, 07:00 PM
I consider myself a gamer of above average skill in most scenarios, for honor however I'm sub par, if you are going to accept this, be a rare Antonio is one of the better players I've had the okeasure of fighting from these forums. Doesn't matter the character either.

Thanks for the endorsement al, i gotta say though you have better footsies than most people I meet.

The_B0G_
09-15-2017, 08:32 PM
Thanks for the endorsement al, i gotta say though you have better footsies than most people I meet.

^Lol

Alustar.
09-15-2017, 08:39 PM

We need to duel again soon once I hard wire my system in!

S0Mi_xD
09-15-2017, 09:22 PM
We need to duel again soon once I hard wire my system in!

I would consider some fun as well :)

S0Mi_xD (the 0 is a zero), so if you are interested add me, as soon as I am home I will reply you.

AAR0NDAAW3SM3
09-15-2017, 09:27 PM
the higlander ruined the game 100% i used to play everyday now i cant even play the game for more than half an hour without wanting to throw my controller at the wall. IF you disagree try going out side because you obviously live and breath gaming and thats not healthy for anyone. have a nice day TURDles the game was fun and fast paced but now the higlander is like the ******bag principal the comes and breaks up the fight only to punish the kids he doesn't like. and the matchmaking (at least on xbox) is gross, I'm rep 20 the highest of my friend group yet it put us up against people rep 25-100 and we just get wrecked

Alustar.
09-15-2017, 09:55 PM
I would consider some fun as well :)

S0Mi_xD (the 0 is a zero), so if you are interested add me, as soon as I am home I will reply you.

Done, just don't expect much, I'm garbage at 1v1 XD

The_B0G_
09-15-2017, 11:50 PM
the higlander ruined the game 100% i used to play everyday now i cant even play the game for more than half an hour without wanting to throw my controller at the wall. IF you disagree try going out side because you obviously live and breath gaming and thats not healthy for anyone. have a nice day TURDles the game was fun and fast paced but now the higlander is like the ******bag principal the comes and breaks up the fight only to punish the kids he doesn't like. and the matchmaking (at least on xbox) is gross, I'm rep 20 the highest of my friend group yet it put us up against people rep 25-100 and we just get wrecked

I'm no all-star at the game and I beat nearly every HL with my Kensei, easily. Hammer them with your fastest lights and throw in the odd GB, I'm on PS4 and thats all I do with every HL I see.

I used HL until rep 5, most open with celtic curse cancel into side heavy, thats his only real chance to do serious damage, wait for the cancel into side heavy, dodge, hammer him with lights and don't give him room to breathe, his attacks are all too slow to retaliate.

If you have a slow hero he might be a bit more of a challenge but even with one fast attack in your move set you can put him on his heels if you are aggressive.

brashtralas
09-16-2017, 12:16 AM
I think a couple of them together can ruin dominion, but that's pretty much true with all the dlc characters. I think he's a pretty balanced character.

gabe_woods
09-17-2017, 01:32 AM
Some of you guys actually answered in a respectful way and thanks for that I have got better with HL but I still struggle. And to all the cucks who got triggered and ( for some reason) are still talking dumb on here, just leave. You're not giving any real advice and you just look dumb. This I was my first post and probably my last considering how absolutely autistic some of the replies were. But who knows I have some good ideas on how to fix some things in the game and I might come around and post them once in a while.

UbiNoty
09-17-2017, 01:47 AM
I'm glad you were able to get some help, but it's also no reason to insult others either. Next time please report any posts you find offensive, and you can also always PM me instead to report it so I can take action.

So I'll be closing this thread to make sure it doesn't get more out of hand. Please remember to follow the forum rules (http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1181762-Forum-Rules) + code of conduc (http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1571524-Code-of-Conduct)t!