PDA

View Full Version : State of the Game August 31st, 2017

Ubi-Johan
08-31-2017, 08:35 PM
Agents, incoming State of the Game transmission:

During the last State of the Game (https://tomclancy-thedivision.ubisoft.com/game/en-us/news/152-299557-16/state-of-the-game-august-24th-2017), Community Developer Yannick Banchereau sat down with Community Developer Hamish Bode to discuss some internal miscommunication regarding mask rewards associated with Global Event #1.

This week, Petter, Hamish, and Yannick were joined by Creative Director Terry Spier and Lead Designer Keith Evans from Red Storm Entertainment to talk upcoming Update 1.8 content and leaderboard changes.

If you missed the stream you check out the VoD (https://www.twitch.tv/videos/171176183), or if you currently are on the go, don’t worry! We’ve got you covered as well, take a listen to our Podcast Recap (https://soundcloud.com/thedivisiongame/state-of-the-game-31082017).

https://ubistatic19-a.akamaihd.net/resource/en-us/game/tomclancy-thedivision/game/today_249540.jpg

Today’s maintenance resolved some issues where players would not receive retroactive commendations.

We do have a fix for the RPM glitch, and the patch is awaiting deployment. If players do exploit this glitch, action will be taken against them.

A final patch will be implemented before Update 1.8 launches.

We have a client-side fix for the marksman rifle-jamming bug. We are aware of a visual bug at the recalibration station in which players can see the five and six piece bonuses for Classified Gear. While we understand the excitement around these gear sets, remember that these are still under development and the numbers may change.

The next Global Event will be Assault, but no date has been confirmed yet. Remember that Global Events were never designed to run back to back, but rather once a month. For Assault, we may be looking at a one/two week delay while rewards are fixed.

Again, if you missed the information regarding update 1.8, be sure to view the VOD above. West Side Pier is the new map expansion that consists of two zones. With new challenges and dynamic content, players will find WSP plays very differently from pre-1.8 PvE content.

As the new PvE mode, Resistance is a highly replayable horde-mode activity available for both casual players and our most-dedicated fans.

The new PvP mode—Skirmish—is a dedicated 4v4 game mode without enemy AI. Players will find less running and more fighting here, with a heavy emphasis on combat.

Update 1.8 will also introduce a number of balancing changes, one of which being changes to hip-fire. Weapon balances will also be introduced alongside new exotic weapons. A rework to the rogue-system is also on the way, making both sides of each encounter more rewarding. D-Tech will also play a significant role in Update 1.8.

https://ubistatic19-a.akamaihd.net/resource/en-us/game/tomclancy-thedivision/game/lookingforward_249535.jpg

A 1.8 PTS has been confirmed, but we have no further release date details at this time.

Based on community feedback, masks are now tied to Commendations for Global Events going forward. Leaderboards will still see some use, with the top-placing players rewarded with Classified Caches based on their placements at the end of each event.

Masks from the previous Outbreak Global Event are still on their way, and so players should expect to see their rewards at the end of this week/early next week.

We have an event this weekend! Extra rewards dropping from named bosses will be granted starting midnight UTC on Friday, September 1. Taking Labor Day into account, the event will extend to 7 AM UTC Tuesday, September 5. Keep in mind that Classified Gear will not be included in the extra drop rewards.

As always, be sure to join us over on the Official Forums (http://forums.ubi.com/forumdisplay.php/498) or on the community Reddit (https://www.reddit.com/r/thedivision/) if you’re looking for a place to discuss all things related to The Division.

Until next time!

The Division Dev Team

Chesse_cz
08-31-2017, 09:08 PM
Will be M870 and Super 90 shotguns jam fixed with sniper-jam fix?

hyper---sniper
08-31-2017, 09:27 PM
Today’s maintenance resolved some issues where players would not receive retroactive commendations.

We do have a fix for the RPM glitch, and the patch is awaiting deployment. If players do exploit this glitch, action will be taken against them.

this is a glitch a bug left by you , you will take action against anyone using it , and that is good , but what about taking action against ALL the cheaters .. ???? And looking forward to getting the marksman rifle fixed lol but i will not hold my breath...

Dumpling_Doge
08-31-2017, 09:51 PM
I only got the Tier 3 mask, does that mean that you guys are still issuing them out?

Dicelz
08-31-2017, 10:28 PM
can we get free grear / weapon / exotic / mods / classified caches everytime we create a new character like in 1.7 ?

free cost in recalibration station ?

this helped us alot to makes builds and tests everything we want in 1.7 PTS , so please make the same for 1.8 PTS

FOX74
08-31-2017, 11:29 PM
Y'all sure don't make it easy for us to get classified gear do ya. Been trying hard to get some and have gotten 2, maybe 3 pieces and have all been junk with lower armor than my current pieces.

hyper---sniper
09-01-2017, 02:42 PM
Y'all sure don't make it easy for us to get classified gear do ya. Been trying hard to get some and have gotten 2, maybe 3 pieces and have all been junk with lower armor than my current pieces.

Classified gear is easy to farm in LZ i have completed 2 sets just need one piece to finins the set , Exotics are harder been trying to get mask for months it is not in rng..

Ubi-Johan
09-01-2017, 05:07 PM
Will be M870 and Super 90 shotguns jam fixed with sniper-jam fix?

It should include those weapons, yes.

NL-N00B-NL
09-04-2017, 04:57 PM
You say
We do have a fix for the RPM glitch bud we gonne wait to fix it and then you say if you juse this glitch we take action.....

I think thats very wrong if you already have a fix why do you dont wanne fix it ?

So you tell me that you like it more to bann your own players and Blame them then really fix the probleem

If you dont want people jusing it why do you creating something like that en dont fix it..

Noo lets people play with it so you can take action and bann them
Maybe its your own solution against hackers and you can say to the players that you take action against hackers hahaha

This is really so stupid that i cant believe that you already got a fix... keep dreaming ubinot

NL-N00B-NL
09-04-2017, 05:09 PM
And tell me more what kind of action you gonne take against players who jused it ?
I know 1 player who jused it every day so i can check with him if you really take action or that you just scream something to keep the players happy

So tell me what jou gonne do...

Lion2016m
09-06-2017, 07:31 PM

this is a glitch a bug left by you , you will take action against anyone using it , and that is good , but what about taking action against ALL the cheaters .. ???? And looking forward to getting the marksman rifle fixed lol but i will not hold my breath...

Ubisoft cannot fix the RPM glitch and choose to ban player who is not hacker who paid to play. instead of fix it they ban them.

There ware to many glitch before since first day of division. No one got ban.

This glitch can be used on pve no one will report them, so they will not get ban. Not right action and not fair.

I am leaving division and all the ubisoft game if they do not fix the issue and unbanned players within 48 hours. I am very sure many will do.

#time_to_leave_division