PDA

View Full Version : Better than last season rewards ???

Ulrichvonbek111
08-31-2017, 06:01 PM
As we have just heard it seems that Season 2 winners rewards shall be the worst to date...This is direct from the horse's mouth on Warriors Den today...
UbiNoty,,Fred,,or any other Ubi....don't say we've talked about this before as it was just mentioned less than an hour ago live.
Season 1 winners rewards were great...
Season 2 winners rewards were s.h.i.t.e. with lame excuse. ..
Season 3 winners rewards shall be better than Season 2...
So don't think you can tell me it has been discussed before when as I've said it was mentioned today..
Yet another slap on the face delivered with such arrogance by the person who delivers the information on the Faction War.
Yes you are now going to reward season 3 winners with something better,,WOW..f'in broken mentality.

CandleInTheDark
08-31-2017, 06:56 PM
They will always be trying to make each season's better than the one previous, that is as it should be.No part of that means it will be going back to an individual ornament per each hero which seems to be the biggest complaint.

I actually get the reasoning behind one reward, they want one recognisable ornament for each season, so no saying 'cooler than last season' doesn't mean it is anything new, that should be their target every single season as they get better at what they do.

Trbevis
08-31-2017, 06:57 PM
Advice... try and move on with your life, yes i can imagine it probably is annoying but is it worth being this angry about hahaha plenty of other things to be raging about on this game other than an ornament.

UbiNoty
08-31-2017, 11:57 PM
Ok, well. I think here you have to take those words with a grain of salt.
Firstly, of course we want to hype up season rewards to incentivize players to actually be excited for them. Second, I believe she said they are "pretty cool" which is totally subjective based on personal preference. And lastly, like candle mentioned, it's always better to have the mindset of improvement and not stagnation just for the sake of trying to make everything "fair". All I can say is, if the Vikings had won S2, we would be seeing the exact same argument from the vikings - and if you want to be the owners of the new, "cooler" S3 rewards, let's rally the Samurai to win S3!

But ultimately, the overall FW season reward structure will not change - and that's the important part. And as to if it's actually better (or cooler) or not - we'll see when they're revealed.

TSCDescon
09-01-2017, 12:08 AM
let's rally the Samurai to win S3!

This is laughable. Most people in the Samurai faction switched to Knights.

UbiNoty
09-01-2017, 12:32 AM

I don't see why it's laughable as Vikings won S1 and they had a smaller percentage of the player base at the time.
Everything in the faction war is weighted based on faction population in order to balance out asset contribution, so it doesn't really matter how many players are in a faction overall.

CandleInTheDark
09-01-2017, 12:56 AM

Even without Noty's point, the samurai last week had 42% of the player base (bearing in mind free weekend had some influence in that) with the knights closest to them with 34%,apparently yesterday with the free weekend stuff no longer counted it was more or less even with the samurai and knights with 36% apiece. Also as Noty pointed out the vikings have always had the smallest faction in terms of percentage, they won season 1 and they were the only ones that could have beaten the knights in the last round if they hadn't pushed the samurai so hard they got the boost working against them in territories they were fighting the samurai for in the las turn.

TSCDescon
09-01-2017, 01:10 AM
I don't see why it's laughable as Vikings won S1 and they had a smaller percentage of the player base at the time.
Everything in the faction war is weighted based on faction population in order to balance out asset contribution, so it doesn't really matter how many players are in a faction overall.

Which is why its laughable. Vikings won s1 because no one knew how the FW works. Later before S2, FW was fixed people started to understand how FW works. Then, when Samurai and Knights were on a tie breaker, Samurai took the season because they deployed more war assets than the knights during the LAST round. We weren't told before hand, that if there's a tie breaker during a season, which ever faction deployed the most war assets during the LAST round will win. Samurai took season 2 because they have more players in that faction. So, now that most former samurai faction has joined knights, they're going to win season 3. As I have said before on other threads, the way your FW works is ******ed. We'll wait and see at the end of season 3. I'm betting on the knights to take it.

Claudius_Katt
09-01-2017, 02:20 AM
I wouldnt be too concerned about the faction war and what the devs say in regards to rewards,
They said the season 2 rewards were amazing and they turned out to be absolute garbage,
Season 3 will be something stupid like a giant number 3 that you stick on your forehead and a couple of repurposed emblem decals,
Personally I will stick to my original plan and purposefully never deploy a single war asset because there is zero point in wasting my time with it and if by some miracle season 3 winners get amazing rewards again then I will be even more set in my desire to purposefully never deploy assets again purely out of spite because season 2 winners got so badly screwed over.