PDA

View Full Version : Warning wingmen of impending attack!

VF-3Thunderboy
08-10-2004, 03:47 PM
Im not sure how FB handles this, but if we could warn freindly AI/wingmen they are about to get nailed, that would be good.

If we could tell them go :left, right, up, down, that would be better~

VF-3Thunderboy
08-10-2004, 03:47 PM
Im not sure how FB handles this, but if we could warn freindly AI/wingmen they are about to get nailed, that would be good.

If we could tell them go :left, right, up, down, that would be better~

VW-IceFire
08-10-2004, 03:57 PM
Like Aces of the Pacific...

That was great...wingman was being tailed, you'd tell him to break left or right (of course, always away from you!) and you blew the guy on his tail away.

It worked very nicely.

http://home.cogeco.ca/~cczerneda/sigs/tmv-sig1.jpg
RCAF 412 Falcon Squadron - "Swift to Avenge"

Baco-ECV56
08-10-2004, 04:02 PM
Yeap, if it can be implemented this is a priority feature people... I hate to see my wingmen torned apart woithout atempting ANY kind of evasive manouver....

Tater-SW-
08-10-2004, 05:04 PM
The AI in general needs a pass for BnZ planes (ie: all allied planes in the PTO). They whine (voices are whiney, aren't they?) that there's a con on their 6, then proceed to turn and blow all the E they have allowing the zeros to eat them alive.

I made a little mission with 9 zeros at ~1000m, and 4 P-38s at 2000m above and behind the zeros (BTW, all the zekes turn into the P-38s the instant the mission starts). I set the lead P-38 to Ace, and 2 were average, one a vet. The zeros are 2 aces, 2 vets, 3 average, 2 rookies. If I fly the mission, I kill between 4 and all the zeros. I only get shot down or have to RTB without killing more when I try to save an AI wingman (I try and fly it as if I care about the other planes in my flight, lol). If I fly just to win alone, they all die at my hand unless a wingman gets 1-2 (rare that they get any). I fly as one of the zekes, all 4 AI P-38s die, it's just a matter of how many I get. I let the AI do all the flying, and the zekes lost 1 plane, all P-38s dead. With the exception of a player flying the P-38, they dive in and furball, using none of their advantages. Doesn't bode well for allied forces in campaigns.

I'l like to see the ability to tell a specific plane to drag. I'd also like the ability to tell a flight to maintain some minimum speed at almost all costs. Like tell my flight of P-38s to always stay faster than 300mph (~480 kph)---they'd hit 480kph (decelerating), and of they were pulling gs, they'd unload and extend.

tater

Bull_dog_
08-10-2004, 05:31 PM
The subject of AI has crossed my mind alot...I am wondering if there will be new AI algorithms or not?

The Japanese didn't fight as a team as much and most of their aircraft were T&B...while US used team tactics, thatch weave, B&Z. If AI were left alone, I think we'd take a step backwards...but I'm not sure how many AI algorithms are available. If I were a developer, I'd have different combat routines for different aircraft depending on their strengths but I don't know where FB/PF is with regard to multiple AI algorithms.

VF-3Thunderboy
08-10-2004, 08:02 PM
Yes, to see F4F-4 Wildcats doing the thatch wave, or have that in the basket of tricks would be great. It important to have the AI Doing boom and Zoom on Ace (US) also. Hope this is looked into!

Tater-SW-
08-10-2004, 09:20 PM
Actually, the AI probably does a decent jobb for the japanese planes, BnZ doesn't seem to happen with AI as far as I can tell.

tater

VF-3Thunderboy
08-11-2004, 01:21 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Actually, the AI probably does a decent jobb for the japanese planes, BnZ doesn't seem to happen with AI as far as I can tell.

tater <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Same for CFS2, although you can tweek flight models for US AI, and "call " your wingmate to join up, which is almost the same as the THATCH WEAVE.Target the jap plane, and tell him to get em, and its pretty darn close!

Really would like to see advanced boom and zoom tactics by US AI!! Corsair, P-38, P-47 http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/images/smiley/16x16_smiley-wink.gif