PDA

View Full Version : Add damage buff back to berserk

XJadeDragoonX
08-31-2017, 12:28 AM
Doesn't really make sense that almost every other character has an instant kill like catapult or arrow storm that can kill multiple people without efforg but berserker can't even have a buff in which he still has to work for his kills? Seems pretty *** backwards.

We.the.North
08-31-2017, 08:44 AM
Could be worst, you could be a Shinobi with the healing passive feat.

It's great ... until you realise a Highlander heavy will stagger you so much, the 2nd heavy will be 100% garanteed and with +damage gear and the 2nd feat, it's 2 shots you. So that 4th feat is super useful.

kweassa1
08-31-2017, 09:16 AM

It's great ... until you realise a Highlander heavy will stagger you so much, the 2nd heavy will be 100% garanteed and with +damage gear and the 2nd feat, it's 2 shots you. So that 4th feat is super useful.

Highlander 2nd heavy is not guaranteed.

https://youtu.be/dNIyRJkPOW4

ChampionRuby50g
08-31-2017, 09:44 AM

Do you mean Celtic Curse, when he goes up top, into either side then the follow up heavy? When playing him, I did notice against Assassins that every time the first one hit, my second top heavy after the curse would always hit. I never tested it with a mate, so cant say for sure if its guaranteed.

SenBotsu893
08-31-2017, 10:32 AM
Do you mean Celtic Curse, when he goes up top, into either side then the follow up heavy? When playing him, I did notice against Assassins that every time the first one hit, my second top heavy after the curse would always hit. I never tested it with a mate, so cant say for sure if its guaranteed.

you can block it. but i gues you plaz on consoles and that makes things much more difficult. attacks are generallz way harder to react to on console.

but back to topic.

with berserk you take only like half the damage wich turns your assasin into a tank and it increases your movement speed.
since berserker already has such an insane high raw damage i can see why added attack damage seems like overkill.

XJadeDragoonX
08-31-2017, 01:25 PM
you can block it. but i gues you plaz on consoles and that makes things much more difficult. attacks are generallz way harder to react to on console.

but back to topic.

with berserk you take only like half the damage wich turns your assasin into a tank and it increases your movement speed.
since berserker already has such an insane high raw damage i can see why added attack damage seems like overkill.

Ok but a catapult that instantly deals 600 damage in a decent size aoe that can be launched from across the map isnt overkill? Not criticising you. Just legitimately asking

SenBotsu893
08-31-2017, 02:03 PM
Ok but a catapult that instantly deals 600 damage in a decent size aoe that can be launched from across the map isnt overkill? Not criticising you. Just legitimately asking

yes i said something like that at some other threads as well. the catapult is the King of the lvl 4 aoe skills. the other aoe skills cant compare to that.
that beeing said berserk can be activated indoors. where catapult or arrowstorm cant hit.

to give you some reference: with kensei i could go with arrowstorm, healing banner or use the unblockable feat. since arrowstorm is utterly useless even in an open field and the banner cant save you from an gank i choose the unblockable feat.
but the unblockable feat cant beat the catapult. because its an easy 1 hit kill button.

i think its just that the catapult is by far the most effective lvl 4 skill that makes the other feats look weak in comparison.

Edit: lol just checked the values so if catapult max damage is 200 you can actually survie it when using berserker. sill i doublt thats happening since the catapult is so insanely fast.

S0Mi_xD
08-31-2017, 04:53 PM

This stupid argument again ... Highlanders second Heavy is NOT dodgable, but you can block and parry it.
It's not guaranteed ... learn to play -.-

S0Mi_xD
08-31-2017, 04:55 PM
Doesn't really make sense that almost every other character has an instant kill like catapult or arrow storm that can kill multiple people without efforg but berserker can't even have a buff in which he still has to work for his kills? Seems pretty *** backwards.

It is funny, Fury is better than Berserker now, and fury is a feat every Viking has ._. ....

S0Mi_xD
08-31-2017, 04:58 PM

but back to topic.

It is pretty easy to parry on consoles.

About berserker - it isn't wort it anymore, the defense doesn't help you as much as dmg does.
Also the Fury feat is now better than Berserker, and it's only a lvl 3 feat that every Viking has.

I was always for Berserker, but it isn't worth it anymore.
I stick to fear itself now.

bmason1000
08-31-2017, 05:43 PM
It is pretty easy to parry on consoles.

About berserker - it isn't wort it anymore, the defense doesn't help you as much as dmg does.
Also the Fury feat is now better than Berserker, and it's only a lvl 3 feat that every Viking has.

I was always for Berserker, but it isn't worth it anymore.
I stick to fear itself now.
Berserker could be worth it for trading i suppose, but the reality is berserker actually doesn't trade as often as you'd expect. Once or twice in a fight? The benefits of fear itself are farrrr far superior now. If anyone is still running berserker i strongly urge you to switch and see what you think.

bmason1000
08-31-2017, 05:47 PM
Its a real shame the character specific level four feat doesn't fit the flavor profile of the character and is outclassed by a faction wide LEVEL three feat. I'm curious who's still running it and what their opinions of its current state is.

XJadeDragoonX
08-31-2017, 06:07 PM
Berserker is good if you're outnumbered. Combined with revenge? You take virtually no damage and you're harder to hit. But fear itself is way better.

Sidenote. Anyone notice how berserker sharpen blade deals less damage than other characters? Like much less. I'll use my valkyrie and hit someone twice and they're dead. With berserker I have to keep wailing

S0Mi_xD
08-31-2017, 07:57 PM
Berserker is good if you're outnumbered. Combined with revenge? You take virtually no damage and you're harder to hit. But fear itself is way better.

Sidenote. Anyone notice how berserker sharpen blade deals less damage than other characters? Like much less. I'll use my valkyrie and hit someone twice and they're dead. With berserker I have to keep wailing

Lets say, you are outnumbered, you are able do hit with 3 Top heavy finisher and some lights.
With the defense, you are more likely to hit those attacks and still survive some seconds longer.

but with an dmg boost, you would maybe already kill 1 or 2 of them and maybe you have chance to survive.

If they would have taken away def instead of attack and nerfed attack to 60 % it would be more usefull then now.
Because Berserker is a DPS char and every dmg boost is important for him to survive.

"Tanking" for 15 seconds gives you nearly nothing as an Berserker...

20% defense and 50% atk - if those would be the stats, you could call it rebalanced ^^ .

Indeed, Fear itself is 100 times better now then Berserker feat.

I know man ._. sharpen blades are pretty much useless with Berserker compared to other heroes with this feat.

UbiNoty
08-31-2017, 11:34 PM
I'll bring up your issues with the underwhelming nature of the Berserk feat to the team to consider. If we can see that it's not being used because players feel it is not very useful, or it's actually underpowered, we can try to do something about it. :)