PDA

View Full Version : How long until parry and guard break are fixed and what are you planning on doing?

PDXGorechild
08-30-2017, 05:29 PM
@Ubi have stated before that there are delays to the rework of parry and guard break due to overwhelming amounts of feedback from the public test. In the current state I feel these two mechanics are the main problem with the game in that a lot of players will still rely entirely on the free heavy attacks granted by these mechanics to win fights. It slows the whole pace of the fight down and makes it boring in my opinion.

If I'm not mistaken, the original plans were to make it so no free heavy attack would be granted when parrying or guard breaking an opponent unless they are thrown into a wall, but still allowing for a light attack. This seems like a step in the right direction, although I fear some players will abuse by turtling up and the whole process will just take a bit longer. Is this still the planned change for parry and GB and if so when are they likely to change? I strongly feel that both mechanics need to be made harder to pull off and less rewarding when they are.

It says a lot that a fair chunk of the respectable players I duel with avoid abusing these mechanics as they know they are a cheesy way to win. Personally I avoid using either other than in opportunistic moments, but some cancerous players will simply rinse and repeat the same cycle so that every swing they throw in the match is guaranteed to land.

Its getting so frustrating I might just take a break from the game until then..

Knight_Raime
08-30-2017, 07:42 PM
The only things we know for sure about up coming parry changes is that neither a heavy parry or a light parry will give a GB or something on the power level of a GB. They aim to remove all the really high damaging parry punishes off of light parries. We also know that parrying an attack now does more stamina damage to the person being parried. And finally from the last PTR they did people were unhappy about light parrying giving the same reward as heavy parrying.

So the team is trying to look into a way to give something more for light parrying without bringing the game back to the state it currently is in where light parries are stupidly broken. I know that they were going to make it so heavy attacks won't be stopped by a GB in start up frames anymore.
And that if you feint to cover up a failed parry attempt that your defenses will remain open for a little bit. Which to me simply means your guard won't be up momentarily so you'll have to either parry or dodge an attack to not get hit in that time.

Time frame wise everyone seems to believe we won't see these changes till season 4. The main backing on this I believe is the same wording in their road map for these kinds of changes appears in season 4. But that could mean other base game mechanical changes. Or the long rumored but basically confirmed huge list of changes done to all the heros in the game that are meant to compensate the roster for the new changes that are made to the base game mechanics.

Lastly we're supposed to have another ptr coming up sometime within a month that will be testing whatever they have planned for light parries among a few other things.

Wolf-Heathen
08-30-2017, 08:08 PM
Allow me; typical Ubisoft response:
"We're aware that parry and guard break changes are issues that are polarizing for the community. We're looking into the issue, but we just need some more data, and then we should have some information for you soon.

DoctorMcBatman
08-30-2017, 08:16 PM
Allow me; typical Ubisoft response:
"We're aware that parry and guard break changes are issues that are polarizing for the community. We're looking into the issue, but we just need some more data, and then we should have some information for you soon.

At least they care enough to respond. The official ME:A forum had countless threads full of genuine game-breaking issues and moderators/community staff never responded there.

Here, every time someone complains that the tint of orange on their character isn't orange enough, a mod responds.

matt89connor
08-30-2017, 10:33 PM
@Ubi have stated before that there are delays to the rework of parry and guard break due to overwhelming amounts of feedback from the public test. In the current state I feel these two mechanics are the main problem with the game in that a lot of players will still rely entirely on the free heavy attacks granted by these mechanics to win fights. It slows the whole pace of the fight down and makes it boring in my opinion.

If I'm not mistaken, the original plans were to make it so no free heavy attack would be granted when parrying or guard breaking an opponent unless they are thrown into a wall, but still allowing for a light attack. This seems like a step in the right direction, although I fear some players will abuse by turtling up and the whole process will just take a bit longer. Is this still the planned change for parry and GB and if so when are they likely to change? I strongly feel that both mechanics need to be made harder to pull off and less rewarding when they are.

It says a lot that a fair chunk of the respectable players I duel with avoid abusing these mechanics as they know they are a cheesy way to win. Personally I avoid using either other than in opportunistic moments, but some cancerous players will simply rinse and repeat the same cycle so that every swing they throw in the match is guaranteed to land.

Its getting so frustrating I might just take a break from the game until then..

man i understand U, but there are pepole like in my thread ,create recently, that ruin our try to help ...they have some kind of fear or they just want to troll, or they think to be Strong, because they are in this comunity for years and they don't understand our frustation

matt89connor
08-30-2017, 10:36 PM
i'll try to help to your post about parry every time i see 1, i'm with you, i want the better of this game, better than the creators itself.

UbiNoty
08-30-2017, 11:08 PM
We have yet to release any exact details on the updated changes to the parry system for the next PT. The parry changes, and many things that tie into it (such as OOS, revenge, GB, etc.) are taking the longest precisely because they were aimed at addressing the core issues with the def met. And with such big changes we saw a lot of opinions and feedback from all sides, so we needed time to sort through them, evaluate, and then use what we learned to try to figure out what the actual best solution is.

I understand waiting is tough, especially when it's been some time since we announced our plans for these changes, but we want to do our best by you all - and to make sure we can deliver on that unfortunately we need a bit more time - time to develop solutions and time to gather data.