PDA

View Full Version : Hey Ubi and everyone Faction war suggestions

VJWalker85
08-30-2017, 03:44 PM
Look I'm sure there have been plenty of faction war post but it needs to stay in rotation. Yes balancing is probably the most important issue right now but after that can we fix the war? My suggestion.
It sucks when you start strong, stay strong, and lose in the final hours. Maybe the longer you hold a spot on the map the more assets it takes to take it. Maybe as a faction we could use our salvage to collectivly purchase a battering ram on a spot or section of the map to give them an offensive asset multiplier or on the defensive side purchase a fence or something for a defense multiplier. Sure whoever controls the most territory at the end of the turn still wins the turn but it gives us incinteve to try for the entire turn. And whoever wins the most turns wins the round. Every turn takes away the multiplier. Ubi can still give bonuses to the losing team etc...
I feel like this requires some sort of faction chat or higher form of communication. Anyone have any critiques? Add ons?

We.the.North
08-30-2017, 05:10 PM
The only thing that bugs me with the faction war is the lack of transarency. What I'd like to see, is the amount of war assets already deployed on each territory when I hover over them to manualy deploy my stuff and to actually see the small amount of % shift (in decimals if need be) my contribution will make.

Right now, everyone are just saying the whole faction war is rigged and until I see those changes, I'm skeptical too.

VJWalker85
08-30-2017, 06:23 PM
also to balance out the steamrolling, maybe the territories close to the center take more assets.

I agree but to piggy backing off of what we.the.north. said it could already be this way. We just don't know because of the lack of info. Maybe some territories do require more assets than others.

UbiNoty
08-31-2017, 12:09 AM
We're aware of the concerns regarding contribution perception and transparency as well as the general frustrations with how the faction war mechanics play out over the course of a round. We're still working on faction war improvements (even if they've been a bit overshadowed by bigger projects like ranked, dedicated servers, etc.) - but we are still trying to make improvements.

I will definitely tell you though, anything that comes out of the FW is 100% the result of player contributions and efforts.

CandleInTheDark
08-31-2017, 12:17 AM
I will definitely tell you though, anything that comes out of the FW is 100% the result of player contributions and efforts.

I think one of the problems, and it was very definitely tongue in cheek in my view, is the devs after season one tied the introduction of the centurion into the faction war result with something 'to help the knights win a round', the Den after the Knights won the first round of that season, Eric said he heard Roman was all 'Haha it worked!'.

Personally I never took these seriously and I am sure there were conspiracy theories before but this sort of fed the flame a little because people were all hey wait...that's right, the two losing factions got a hero, then suddenly it happened again in that the samurai won the round and didn't get a hero. This isn't a criticism of them by any means but sometimes words said in jest can feed into a group's confirmation bias.